Poll: European Super League with 15+5 teams?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, mo' money mo' money
30.00%
3 30.00%
No, UEFA is evil but better than this new ESL
70.00%
7 70.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

European Super League
Milan, Inter and Juventus to get banned from Serie A too!?!!?
(04-19-2021, 03:54 PM)Jovola Wrote: Players should be given some time to decide, but letting them off the hook is not the solution. They should learn the difference between working as clowns in circus, and being football players, and what each of these mean.

And what does each if these mean?
Come on now....They are professionals man. Football was made professional A LONG time ago. Everyone profited from that. Nobody complained. So now the people that should pay for this is the players????? So that UEFA and FIFA can keep profiting?

Hell no. Leave the players alone. They don't need to decide anything. There shouldn't be a decision to be made. They should be allowed to play wherever they want. If the dumb ass clubs, dumbass organizations and politics wanna go to war, let them. But the players should not be forced into a decision like that. Who are we to say what's right or what's wrong?? What may be right to me and you, may be wrong to someone else.

They made football a business a long time ago. This is what businesses do. If UEFA is against it, they should create a better product and beat these clubs that way. But DO NOT USE the players as leverage. That is SO wrong on SO many levels. What these clubs are doing, makes me angry. But what the UEFA and FIFA response has been.....makes me disgusted!!!!
Why would player's union support players from the twelve while they are giving the boot to all the other clubs. There won't be any solidarity in this case. Also they will not be the part of player's union, but the clown's union. That is a completely different organization. The main issues will be, how long should the makeup be worn, or what size of those red noses should be. Though, those noses will soon turn brown as I see it.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
You are not being reasonable. The Players' Union protects all players, as it should. Not matter what "company" they work for.

So your solution is to ban the players from playing in the WC because of what? Because they won't compete where you want them to? So they should sign up for salaries lower by millions of Euros per year in order to be fair? But how about them? How is that fair to them?

Again...fight this. UEFA should. FIFA should. I get it. I'm on that side as well. But again....do not use players as leverage, as that makes it just as bad...if not worse. Because at the end of the day...Fifa/Uefa don't even pay these players.
FIFA UEFA would agree with ESL. World Cup or European Cup without stars? Who will watch the competition?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(04-19-2021, 12:46 PM)Jovola Wrote: @Siregar What best clubs in Europe. Spurs lost to Dinamo and are 7th in league, Arsenal 9th. Juventus lost to Porto, still fighting for top 4. How can a closed format competition bring quality. The small cubs already have extremely hard path to get into CL, so they got there deservedly. Isn't it bad enough that these clowns have enormous budgets, now they want a league they can't be relegated from. If you want to watch circus and have everything nice and sparkly, go ahead, watch circus, but don't push that agenda to football. It's been raped by greedy idiots more than enough, let's try to keep some dignity by stopping this.

Which team people in Asia, USA or other places want to watch in their stadium, Tottenham (Arsenal) or Dinamo? I wonder if they know what club Dinamo are (no disrespect to Dinamo). 

Budget is irrelevant in your discussion. Real, Milan and other big clubs have spent tons of money that result in trophies (reputation). ESL without Real Madrid, Milan, Barcelona and Juventus for example, really? The strength point of this competition is these big clubs. Without them ESL is a CL.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
The point is, those salaries have brought us here. The mechanics of prestige is the salaries. Big clubs are using them as leverage to keep themselves on top. If you had a proper FFP, or salary cap, you'd have much more competition, maybe Fiora or Roma winning Serie A instead of Juve nine times in a row. Players in these clubs are already payed much more, and now this would bring even greater gap. Who do you think will pay the price for this. Players from Atalanta or Sassuolo would have to play for smaller money, so these could get even more. It would be benefit for some and damage for all others. Football, being global and using and abusing the payment system, accumulated enormous amount of capital, but the bubble is at it's peak, so now it's a zero sum game, and the big clubs want to leave everybody else in the mud. If their players accept this, they are hitting against their less fortunate coleagues, so why shouldn't they suffer the consequences.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
(04-19-2021, 12:58 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Exactly that. What is criteria for "the best"? Cause some of "founding fathers" of this competition are not amongst best for decades. And now ,how ironic for "the claim" ,they will get chance to play against best not by "hard work and extreme fight on the field" but because they're "known"? OM ,Ajax, Porto ,Celtic, Benfica ,Zvezda ,Steaua... They all won EC(CL) ,some of them multiple times... Aresenal ,City, Tottenham... NOT... What is even criteria to be "known"? To be rich? To be "trendy" in last decade or two?! City was kicking bucket for leveling goal difference few years ago...

and yes ,FIFA and UEFA made this. They developed and nurtured "spoiled child" and now they're angry cause that child grew up and decided to kick out mommy and daddy from sharing loot...

Just like I stated in my other post, people would choose to watch Arsenal, City or Tottenham compared to Celtic, Benfica, Zvezda, Steau and so on (you can write other clubs, who won CL for once or a couple of times centuries ago). This should answer what kind of 'known' being mentioned in the previous post. 

Consistency and reputation.
(04-19-2021, 04:33 PM)Jovola Wrote: The point is, those salaries have brought us here. The mechanics of prestige is the salaries. Big clubs are using them as leverage to keep themselves on top. If you had a proper FFP, or salary cap, you'd have much more competition, maybe Fiora or Roma winning Serie A instead of Juve nine times in a row. Players in these clubs are already payed much more, and now this would bring even greater gap. Who do you think will pay the price for this. Players from Atalanta or Sassuolo would have to play for smaller money, so these could get even more. It would be benefit for some and damage for all others. Football, being global and using and abusing the payment system, accumulated enormous amount of capital, but the bubble is at it's peak, so now it's a zero sum game, and the big clubs want to leave everybody else in the mud. If their players accept this, they are hitting against their less fortunate coleagues, so why shouldn't they suffer the consequences.

I am against FFP. If I agree with your opinion, Milan would not be on top of Europe. Money is crucial in football but not the most important thing (PSG, City, and so on).
(04-19-2021, 03:25 PM)reza Wrote: The idea of banning players from world cup or euros will fail in courts, 

Depends. You ,as player ,can not participate (will be banned) in UEFA/FIFA competitions if you: bet on games ,use doping ,fix results ,etc... Participating in certain competitions (I'm sure lawyers will find way to "define" it) could be on that list ,too. It is not discrimination or anything ,you as "owner" of competiton have rights to determine rules about who you want in. It's free world. Who don't like rules is free not to participate.
At the end ,they're not forbidden to play for their national teams. They're forbidden to participate in games organized by UEFA/FIFA. They're still free to arrange some friendlies and play for their national teams. OR... National teams can go rogue and do same as clubs.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.