Week 1 Sampdoria - Milan August 23 2021 20:45
(08-19-2021, 05:45 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Under Ranieri,  Samp gave us two difficult games last season.
So much so that Pioli had to field Hauge in the second,who got as a last second equalizer.

Maignan
Calabria - Kjaer - Tomori - Theo
Bennacer - Tonali
Saelemaekers - Diaz - Leao
Giroud

I am not sure who is starting on the left, but some thing's  Pioli has said indicate it will be Leao.
I put Tonali as Bennacer's partner but I doubt anyone would be surprised if it's Krunic.

Tough start to the year. 1-0 to us.

I hope I'm wrong but im actually thinking we will slow starter this season. Draw hopefully but wouldn't be shocked with a loss. 

One thing I envy about inter is with their financial difficulties they sold lukaku for big $ and got a solid seria a scorer in dzeko they lost conte they got inzaghi.  This year Milan are 4th if we're lucky. 

Again I hope I eat my words
AC Milan will take on Sampdoria away from home tomorrow and they have been dealt a blow as Ismael Bennacer won’t make it from start. The Algerian will, therefore, be replaced by Rade Krunic.

The Rossoneri already have Franck Kessie on the injury list and this means that Krunic, who isn’t really a deep-lying midfielder, will have to play in the midfield tandem. This was reported by Sky Italia.

Krunic starting
Castillejo to come on from the bench
Pioli so happy despite losing
Facepalm
a very crazy thought: is Kessie really injured? or is he frozen out of the squad due to contract issue?
aka xudong
(08-22-2021, 04:01 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but im actually thinking we will slow starter this season. Draw hopefully but wouldn't be shocked with a loss. 

One thing I envy about inter is with their financial difficulties they sold lukaku for big $ and got a solid seria a scorer in dzeko they lost conte they got inzaghi.  This year Milan are 4th if we're lucky. 

Again I hope I eat my words

Inter has been playing in UCL and spending money on improving the squad so when the going get tough, they can sell and get some money back. I must say Simone's Inter actually look better than Conte's Inter, more attacking and better team play. Conte's Inter is too dependent on pushing the ball to Lukaku or Martinez. 

We have not been playing in UCL and our squad is very thin in overall quality. We are definitely behind Inter and Juve in overall squad quality. Even Napoli and Roma might have a better squad than us but we have done well to get 2nd last season so we need to secure another top 4 this year.
Roma looked very solid yesterday. There is a lot of talent and on top of that Abraham settled very well immediately.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Indeed.. Inter looked good.. Roma too.. Juve not so convincing.. neither was Atalanta..
(08-23-2021, 07:16 AM)Kastriot Wrote: Roma looked very solid yesterday. There is a lot of talent and on top of that Abraham settled very well immediately.

i was hoping we could get abraham on loan, but the rumours just coming once, not even a concrete over is on the table i think
Tammy Abraham would be Serie A signing of the year. For post-Ibra era, I would definitely look for Arthur Cabral. Next Cavani
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(08-23-2021, 05:13 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: a very crazy thought: is Kessie really injured? or is he frozen out of the squad due to contract issue?

For sure injured. He is crucial so he likely would play similarly to Donna and 10+10.

Man the midfield is going to hold us back today. Benna isn’t looking so solid these days.
Kessie is injured. Got a muscle injury his 3rd/4th day of training with the squad after his return. He is scheduled to return to training in another 1-2 weeks.

Krunic starting is freaking insane man! But apparently Bennacer is still not 100% ready after Covid. I was never a huge fan of Baka (he had about 4 very good months here while the rest of the time looked like an amateur)...but anything would be better then Krunic starting as 1 of the 2 pivots. And when Benna and Kessie go away for the AFCON in January...we better have a plan that doesn't include Krunic. If not...then that's 100% on Maldini. Needless to say, I'm hoping Baka gets finalized this week. Otherwise we'll be in some deep shit.