Week 10: Verona - Milan October 16 2022 20:45
We didn't spend to much energy against Chelsea, so I expect the same lineup.

IMO, our 4-3-3 succeeded against Juventus because of their bad spirit & quality, not because of our surprising idea.
Pioli was given added depth this season (Origi, Adli, CDK, Dest, Vranckx, etc). Not using them or not trusting them in this (on paper) easy stretch is a mistake. I am scaring myself typing this but Leao and Giroud especially can't be far from muscle issues, they need rest very soon, if Leao hadn't missed that Napoli game I would say he needs rest now not soon.
Little point adding depth as Pioli literally plays the same team in almost every match. Probably why Maldini and Co don't bother getting quality back-ups.

Don't be surprised if Pioli fails to make it out of the CL group.
We have to work Origi and Rebic into playing condition. We need them for CL clashes. We need to start resting Tonali and Benna, we need them for CL clashes.

Pioli has better not start the typical 11. Impact subs are under rated particularly against weaker teams. Let’s really try to avoid unnecessary fatigue injuries this final stage and make it into the knockout phase of CL. That needs to be the primary goal.
Messias could be the only change.

Milan under Pioli have a style that is not easy for newcomers to learn. So we should be patient.

The subs will come in 2nd half but we should start with a specific lineup to maintain a stable advantage.
Gazzetta: Milan are the team that have used their new signings the least out of any team in the league.
We’ve had one hell of a tough schedule so far. I’m expecting to see more of our signings now that our play schedule is more normal.
BTW rumours say Adli will start! I’m also hoping to see more of Origi and Vranckx!
If you can’t get players ‘ready’ against these smaller teams, then how do you get them ready? Practice alone is not enough. New signings need game time minutes. I’m not saying start all three right away, but there should be at least 30’ minutes of play all these guys get here and against Monza. We need to be near 100% our next CL game. Without a win, we are unlikely to get through. Let the first team players get some rest, recoup and mentally prepared. That is why these smaller league teams put up such a fight in CL. Teams like Salzburg have such weak opposition in their domestic leagues their players focus in CL. We need to learn from this as the schedule allows it. Right now, we are lucky in that sense.
Good to see Adli get a game but FFS give Giroud a rest.

Official Milan XI (4-2-3-1): Tatarusanu; Kalulu, Gabbia, Tomori, Theo; Tonali, Krunic; Diaz, Adli, Leao; Giroud.
So, Adli starts!

More proof for Pioli being one of us Big Grin

Anyway, Forza Adli!!!