Week 14: Cremonese - Milan November 8 2022 20:45
It is continuing story that management need to come to terms with what they want Milan to be, for real not just statements. As mentioned this team is nowhere near high demand competition level, high demand doesn't mean playing Real twice a week, it can also mean busy schedule playing anybody.
CDK money needs to be very close to the minumum of each window otherwise the team will disappoint often too. Even a Scudetto repeat will not be 'full proof' that low or medium budget is the best path forward.
BTW, why was Thiaw taken out? I would have put him in the box for corners and free kicks.
(11-08-2022, 11:28 PM)reza Wrote: It is continuing story that management need to come to terms with what they want Milan to be, for real not just statements. As mentioned this team is nowhere near high demand competition level, high demand doesn't mean playing Real twice a week, it can also mean busy schedule playing anybody.
CDK money needs to be very close to the minumum of each window otherwise the team will disappoint often too. Even a Scudetto repeat will not be 'full proof' that low or medium budget is the best path forward.

I thought the management did know which path they wanted to go with, the Dortmund model. Only problem is, Dortmund knows how to sell their players for big dollars and not let them leave for free, except for lewandowski who was a different case since it was bayern. We as an organization cannot keep complaining about having no funds to invest in transfers when we let some of our most valuable players walk for free every summer. If Leao negotiation is truly as they have been reported, then we need to sell his butt in winter and reinvest that money to strenghen the team, not wait for another year, negotiate 100 times and see him walk to Chelsea for free.
Rumours keep surfacing that Real will be taking Diaz back at the end of this campaign (I assume to be sold). IF true, Pioli has an obligation to NOT play him and give time to MILAN owned player's like Adli, Vranckx etc
(11-09-2022, 01:03 AM)slifersd1 Wrote: I thought the management did know which path they wanted to go with, the Dortmund model. Only problem is, Dortmund knows how to sell their players for big dollars and not let them leave for free, except for lewandowski who was a different case since it was bayern. We as an organization cannot keep complaining about having no funds to invest in transfers when we let some of our most valuable players walk for free every summer. If Leao negotiation is truly as they have been reported, then we need to sell his butt in winter and reinvest that money to strenghen the team, not wait for another year, negotiate 100 times and see him walk to Chelsea for free.

Milan is too sentimental, nothing wrong with creating a family that players like Ibra want to come back to but need to be more business like in renewals and sales. Just not be delusional please, I don't mean you I mean management. Big $$$ is needed to get back to CL heights, I think one can argue that high salaries are more needed more than high transfer fees. Internal salary cap and CL success are not compatible. Sellling Leao in isolation may be ok but as a policy not paying high salaries and wanting CL makes no sense to me. We must realize that a player like Dest has a $4 million Barca salary. Yes he is overpaid, but this overpaying is part of CL competition. So yes, give the 4 to better players but 4 is basically normal.

(11-09-2022, 03:07 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Rumours keep surfacing that Real will be taking Diaz back at the end of this campaign (I assume to be sold). IF true, Pioli has an obligation to NOT play him and give time to MILAN owned player's like Adli, Vranckx etc

Minimize loaning in general is what I would say. Let teams take responsibility for the players they sign, if this makes sense.
honestly all Pioli's fault. He fielded a totally half ass team and tried to remediate much too late. Ballo toure should never see the field again.
I still don't understand why Pioli played with three central defenders in a game where the others only played defence, so he gave them a man.
As i said before the match, never shake up things so badly as Pioli did. I would have started the best team possible, that means CDK instead of Diaz(Not that its a big difference), Leao On the left, Rebic on the right, and Origi at the top. And of course the normal back four. Pioli is naive if he thaugt that FBT and Messias could do wonders as midfielders. Piolo wrecked this game yesterday to be honest. I can hear his excuse: " We have an important atch on sunday, and we need to use the whole team". Its 5 days between these matches for god sake, and every match counts the same.. You can safely say that this experiment backfired big time.
In addition to Pioli's obvious mistakes yesterday, these are clear and have already been pointed out, it should be noted that our summer buying campaign to date is a failure. We don't have a third midfield starter to alternate with Bennacer and Tonali, we still don't have Calhanoglu's replacement (CDK to now indecent) and we unfortunately don't have a real alternative to Giroud (Origi doesn't score). We also play as if we were Real Madrid or Manchester City, without humility, a clear example Mr Leao. If we continue like this, fourth place is seriously at risk.
How limited is this squad, damn. Not being able to create a dangerous chance vs Cremonese for 95 mins , wow