Champions League semi finals second leg: Inter - Milan May 16 2023 21:00
#1
Leao possibly returning. Can we avoid a big loss?

3bandiera
Reply
#2
Last time we beat them with more than 1 goal difference was in January 2016 (3-0).
But I guess anything is possible, even to repeat that... It's just highly unlikely considering the ways we "play"  Confused
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Reply
#3
It's definitely possible. This Inter is beatable by (at least) 2 goals. Even last week, as bad as we played, we had 2 golden opportunities to score (Messias and Tonali). So the chances will be there. Will we convert? Not so sure.

The key here is that Inter is not chasing the game so they can safely sit deeper and make us work and put numbers forward. The entire Serie A already knows that we struggle to break down opponents, so I don't see why Inter wouldn't do the same thing to us, especially knowing that we are a bigger threat on the counter with Leao, so they will be cautious against exposing themselves to that.
Furthermore, we've proven that we struggle to contain opponent's counters when we commit numbers forward.....so everything in terms of tactics in this game points to an Inter advantage.

From our point of view, we have to be balanced. We need goals, but we also can't let Inter score. We are fans and we have to believe. The players are players and they have to believe, but also be smart and not overly emotional and caught up in the moment.

Hopefully things work out for us. But the suggested lineup point to the same old thing from Pioli. I guess we just have to hope that this is the "one in 5 games" type of percomance where things actually work and the players execute (like against.Napoli and Lazio).
Reply
#4
1% chance and 99% faith is what I describe
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Reply
#5
Playing the same old loser formation that concedes goals but creates nothing - check
Playing his midget lover/son as CAM - check
Playing an old man who can't move as striker - check
Playing horrible unwatchable football - check

Expecting the same result - check
Reply
#6
3-1 Merda.

I hope I am horribly wrong, but I can see us taking a whopping in this one. I also see this as a tipping point for Pioli, a few players and perhaps Massara.

That said, Forza Milan!
Reply
#7
I will watch tomorrow and I hope pioli can show some balls and play very offensive. I wouldn't want giroud to start honestly , he slows us down when we need to track back from offense to defense. He should come on if we haven't gotten things going in the ofrst half
Reply
#8
I would play Giroud as he is the only option we have. Rebic and Origi are even worse.

I have 0 believe we will win this one, i just hope they dont give us a slapping and we make ourselves ridiculous.
Reply
#9
It all depends on the first goal. If we can have an advantage in to the break, i think we can do this. Inter will feel the pressure, and they dont like to be pressed high up the pitch.

Thiaw and Tomori must have the game of their lifes in defence too.
Reply
#10
(05-16-2023, 09:08 AM)Beppe Wrote: I would play Giroud as he is the only option we have. Rebic and Origi are even worse.

I have 0 believe we will win this one, i just hope they dont give us a slapping and we make ourselves ridiculous.

Inter have won seven games in a row, 21 goals scored and three conceded. They have won all three derbies in 2023 without conceding a goal.

Just hope for a 0-0 and escape with some dignity.
Reply