Poll: Buy Midfielders
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Simone Calvano
0%
0 0%
Gaby Mundingayi
1.04%
1 1.04%
Kwadwo Asamoah
5.21%
5 5.21%
Radja Nainggolan
12.50%
12 12.50%
Ganso
16.67%
16 16.67%
Hernanes
26.04%
25 26.04%
Riccardo Montolivo
19.79%
19 19.79%
Sandro
9.38%
9 9.38%
Bakaye Traore
5.21%
5 5.21%
Seydou Keita
4.17%
4 4.17%
Total 96 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer 2012 - Incoming: Midfielders
Of course, if he is a natural wing and a skill set for that, it will take some good work to incorporate him in our system (while utilizing most of his talents), seeing that Milan traditionally don't have pure wingers.

But since we aren't going to get him, and I am not Allegri, I don't need to go through that headache.
aka xudong
(05-19-2012, 09:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Great post.

About Tim Vickery, I have great respect because he has a incredible knowledge of South American football (not just Brazil). Like you I don't always agree with his assessments of players, but still I'll take note when he says something.

Tim didn't mention Lucas' recent form, just sort of said he had the second season syndrome (great first year, not quite as good second). That said, I want to say he never said Lucas' has been playing badly, just not his best. My biggest worry with his assessment of Lucas is he compares him a lot to Theo Walcott, maybe so the British can understand a little more about Lucas, but I think Lucas has much (MUCH) more depth to his game. About Lucas in Europe, I agree he's a player who could be great here.
Thanks, man... it´s always good to debate with you, even when we have a different point of view. Class act as always...

About Tim Vickery, let me enhance my sentence a little more... I really respect his takes, and like you said, his knowledge of South American football is admirable. You can see Tim really watch S.A. football and is not pretending. Plus, as he said many time on TV here, he loves to watch youth NT tournaments more than PRO games, love to see "the next big thing", and you have to respect his effort.

That being said, this comparison with Theo Walcott was a reach, terrible. One more time, this do not mean I rate Tim at low standard, but he needed to do a better job than this comparison Lucas/Walcott. It is very simplistic, wrong and can mislead British fans...

Like you said above, Lucas has a lot more depth to his game, and in my opinion is being limited used at the right. Look no further than South American under-20 where Ney Franco(a pro coach that accepted to be under-20 NT coach, and coordinator of all youth categories of Brazil) did a genius move at the time, when he benched Brazil´s(underachieving) AMD Oscar, and replaced him with the(underachieving) RM Lucas. After that change, coming from the middle(but with freedom) Lucas take over the tournament, even outshining Neymar.

Quote:About him playing AM in Milan, I think Robinho's used there more because we lack options rather than it being ideal, while Boateng's pressing is key to Allegri's system. Maybe Lucas can fit there really well, but it would require us to rethink how we want our side to play. If there is one issue I see with Lucas, it's I think he likes to dribble too much, which I see being a problem in our game where we want to move the ball really quickly.
That´s where in my opinion Lucas fit perfectly in Alegri´s system. He can do that pressing Boateng does for Allegri, and can bring A LOT more for the offensive side.

Yep, he likes to dribble too much, but he also likes to find the open man, the through ball, he has a AM mentality. I think he will find a balance with more experience. Remember the young Kaka? He loves to run with the ball, and found a balance with time. By the way, talent wise, Lucas has much more than Kaka at the same age.

in my opinion there are two types of AMD, the ones like Lucas and Kaka, always running with the ball, and the ones like Ganso, that make the ball run. I admit a #10 makes the ball run(Zidane´s, Ganso´s) is my preference, but the ones like Lucas or Kaka, more rare, can bring another dimension to a club. They can open a deep defense, but also be lethal in the counter. Plus, this Lucas kid is really special on and off the field.
Quote:The thing about Ganso is his talent is something that really makes me want to have him. I've always been infatuated with his game since he broke out years ago (I remember saying he even excited me more than Neymar at the time). His workrate might be an issue, but there are two things I have confidence in. The first is that he can improve on this in his game, we've seen it once, I don't see why we can't get it again. Secondly, as much as I admire Brazilian football, I think both Ganso and Neymar at Santos have reached their peak and really need to move to Europe. They are the stars in Santos and the darlings of Brazilian football, meaning they need to be challenged more to get more from them. I don't think this is possible now in Brazil, while in Europe they still have so much to prove.
Don´t let Brazilians pundits read what you wrote and I put in bold, they will try to kill you!Devilol

Now, seriously, I do think they need to do the jump to Europe now, but they better be careful. Normally, I like our second-volantes(Jucilei, Arouca) or holders(Sandro, Wellington) to go to Europe early, where coaches will demand a more participation in the offense, too. They will turn them into even more complete players.

But with #10´s and forwards I´m always more worried. Robinho always had finishing problems, but I bet if he was bought by Milan, he could have reached a higher level. Look at Anderson, best under-20 AM turned into a good(?) DM... SAF has a amazing history in football, but I don´t understand how a true #10 want to play for him. He clarly doesn´t want or doesn´t know how to use #10.

Back to Ganso, don´t get me wrong, if he comes to Milan, I will be full of hope he will improve his game in a new environment and with a new coach. It´s not a out of this world thing to expect for a change, but I have my doubts his mentality will allow this. But if our club can reach this goal, we will have an unique player, a rare #10 and it will be a genius move.

But I would bet in Lucas anywayDevilol

(05-20-2012, 04:09 PM)xudong Wrote: Of course, if he is a natural wing and a skill set for that, it will take some good work to incorporate him in our system (while utilizing most of his talents), seeing that Milan traditionally don't have pure wingers.

But since we aren't going to get him, and I am not Allegri, I don't need to go through that headache.
That´s my point, my friend.

Lucas is not an winger, the problem is that in Brazil the new trend by the coaches is to play in the 4-2-3-1... and Lucas is one of the few can play there. Look no further than see the last games of Brazil where the "wise" Mano Menezes put Hernanes at the right... unbelievable.

The South American under-20 of 2011 showed what Lucas can do in the middle.

(05-20-2012, 05:38 PM)brasileiro Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 04:09 PM)xudong Wrote: Of course, if he is a natural wing and a skill set for that, it will take some good work to incorporate him in our system (while utilizing most of his talents), seeing that Milan traditionally don't have pure wingers.

That´s my point, my friend.

Lucas is not an winger, the problem is that in Brazil the new trend by the coaches is to play in the 4-2-3-1... and Lucas is one of the few can play there. Look no further than see the last games of Brazil where the "wise" Mano Menezes put Hernanes at the right... unbelievable.

Thanks for the clarification, Brasileiro. Okmilan How realistic do you think is our chance of getting either Ganso or Lucas?
aka xudong
(05-20-2012, 07:04 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 05:38 PM)brasileiro Wrote: That´s my point, my friend.

Thanks for the clarification, Brasileiro. Okmilan How realistic do you think is our chance of getting either Ganso or Lucas?
Ganso: If Robinho is really wanting to return to Brazil, I like our chances... The value of Ganso is not that high anymore. Plus, a part of its rights are in the hands of a financial group, and those owners are salivating for a chance to sell the player. Santos president will fight, but not like with Neymar. But any team wanting Ganso need to bet on his display at Olympics... or buy him before.

Lucas: I thought was a more distant dream, but read yesterday in Gazzetta Dello Sport that Inter think 25 M can lure Sao Paulo to sell him... and that they are waiting a definition of Snejder situation. If this is true, Milan can´t let this happen, in my opinion.

Btw, Sao paulo fans always expel their idols, they always find a way to hate their best players. It happened with kaka, Luis fabiano, Hernanes and you just need a drop of form of Lucas and a team underachieving in Brasileirao for their fans ask for the head of it´s best players(Lucas)...
(05-20-2012, 07:37 PM)brasileiro Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 07:04 PM)xudong Wrote: Thanks for the clarification, Brasileiro. Okmilan How realistic do you think is our chance of getting either Ganso or Lucas?
Ganso: If Robinho is really wanting to return to Brazil, I like our chances... The value of Ganso is not that high anymore. Plus, a part of its rights are in the hands of a financial group, and those owners are salivating for a chance to sell the player. Santos president will fight, but not like with Neymar. But any team wanting Ganso need to bet on his display at Olympics... or buy him before.

Lucas: I thought was a more distant dream, but read yesterday in Gazzetta Dello Sport that Inter think 25 M can lure Sao Paulo to sell him... and that they are waiting a definition of Snejder situation. If this is true, Milan can´t let this happen, in my opinion.

Btw, Sao paulo fans always expel their idols, they always find a way to hate their best players. It happened with kaka, Luis fabiano, Hernanes and you just need a drop of form of Lucas and a team underachieving in Brasileirao for their fans ask for the head of it´s best players(Lucas)...

So I guess Sao Paulo is Brazil's Barcelona then. Icon_lol2

I believe that Real Madrid and Inter Merda are both very serious with Lucas. Particularly, Mourinho seems a fan of Lucas. I don't see us dishing out 25 Million these days, unless Berlusconi decided that it is time again to bring back glory.

But thanks for all the information. Okmilan
aka xudong
What do you guys think of axel witsel, from benfica. we were close to signing him last summer, apparently the deal fell through because benficas asking price wasnt exactly low (10-15mln) and at this point last year he had not prooven much, now he's a little bit more well established as a player, but apparently he didnt convince braida & galli enough to go through with the deal.. i think he's a good player, though i'd prefer strootman
(05-22-2012, 03:25 AM)WCmilan Wrote: What do you guys think of axel witsel, from benfica. we were close to signing him last summer, apparently the deal fell through because benficas asking price wasnt exactly low (10-15mln) and at this point last year he had not prooven much, now he's a little bit more well established as a player, but apparently he didnt convince braida & galli enough to go through with the deal.. i think he's a good player, though i'd prefer strootman

Actually we were after Witsel when he still was in Belgium and we missed on this guy. He has been great player for Benfica and for sure he would have been even better for us.

The deal fell through mostly because the player did not want to listen Berlusconi telling him to change his hair style. Devilol
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
LOL , I seriously begin to wonder if berlusconi has a thing for other men.

There was a rumour circulating, that I highly believe was true that when Allegri came to milan he told him to fix himself up, meaning make sure his hair is neat and he's dressed in nice suits for every game. I think this is berlus only criteria for someone to coach milan Big Grin

Yeah i liked what i've seen of Witsel so far.. but again, even if they have different playing styles I think a player like strootman is a lot more of a neccesity this mercato
WCMilan, I think this article says a lot about Berlu...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/extr...s-and-wear
So that's why Fellani of Everton can't play in Milan. That's also why Cissoho can't get dental help in Milan, bc Berlu turns dental nurses into councilwoman. I guess Eva, Chelsea trainer, won't be coming to Milan any time soon.