Week 4: Inter - Milan September 16 2023 18:00CET
Looks like Giroud and Kalulu may not be ready, Tomori suspended. If so, likely Thiaw and Kjaer starting with Jovic up front.

Ole
I'd go with Okafor instead of Jovic.

Really worried about Kjaer playing. The last few times he did, he looked really bad.
Inter are at their best, but that also means every team knows how they play.

Milan are different, our best is yet to know, maybe that could come from Okafor, Chuku, Jovic, or Kjaer in a good day.

Forza, Milan!!!
(09-13-2023, 02:38 AM)Aficio Wrote: Inter are at their best, but that also means every team knows how they play.

Milan are different, our best is yet to know, maybe that could come from Okafor, Chuku, Jovic, or Kjaer in a good day.

Forza, Milan!!!

It is probably a bit too early for us to face Inter. Like your said, they on paper are at their best while we are still catching our best form. However our current forms are already promising and fortunately our new players are now not like before, they are now experienced players with high qualities. 

Tomori, Kalalu and Giroud won't make it, disadvantage for us but it is common players are absent. We could see now how improvement we made with our back ups compared to last season.

A real test not only our starters but also the bench.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Good news: Giroud back in training ahead of derby.
Inter 60% to Milan 40%

If I was a betting man I would bet win or draw for inter. I hope Milan and Pioli play our game and not be fearful, defensive etc. I would man mark or double team lautaro.
We are much better suited physically this year. I think we struggled with that last year and got overpowered on many occasions. Not only in terms of size, that's not all I'm saying. I'm talking running, speed, explosiveness all across the field, etc. I feel like we have that now. We have players that can match up against the best out there on a physical level. For example, the difference RLC made against Roma's physical midfield 2 weeks ago was immense. With Diaz there, it's a different game.
Reijnders also. Not physically big player. But he runs all game, is explosive, is quick with ball movement in and out of his feet. It makes a big difference. On top of that, our bench options are so much better than what we've had in ages.

We'll see. But this is a different Miland and I think one that Inter is not going to expect and be ready for.
It's shame we have to play with Kjaer against inter. I believe Kjaer is a good 4th central defender but I wish we didn't have to play with our 4th defender in this game.

He shouldn't be left 1v1 with Lautaro. Not fast enough for him.
Just two days left to this crazy spectacle start. Im confident but also anxious. The level Inter played at against Fiorentina was immense. Fio is not a bad team, but they vcould and should have lost at least 6-0. Inter played extremely well.

Several players including Lautaro says that they are trying to be much more aggressive in their pressure. They press high and intense, pretty much like us. I love this new Krunic, but im a little worried if he will be overwhelmed by Inter players in his new role. Yes he he is pretty composed and relaxed under pressure, but his passing quality and forst touch is average. This could give a lot of dangerous breaks for Inter. Im pretty sure Pioli sees this and ise Reijnders a lot more in the build up play. He barely misses a pass and has the quality to get out of that kind of intense pressure.

Im also a little worried about the room we will expose on the wings with our new formation with inverted full backs. A stupid loss of possesion in the middle will give acres of spaces for Dumfries and Dimarco which is Inter most deadly weapon. Leao and Pulisic needs to track back a lot, and RLC and Reijnders need to be alert for these moves to cover for Theo and Calabria. It will also be really important to track all the deep runs from midfield. Barrella and Mkhtaryan is extremely good at this. Who remember the second goal in the CL semi?

How should we expose Inter the most? By attacking their three man defence with pace and movement. They are all solid, but not very mobile. I think this version of Milan will be much more dangerous than last year because of the deep runs from Reijnders, RLC, and the constant movement and click clack play of Pulisic. They will also be exposed ont the wings for counters when Dumfries and Dimarco is forward. Especially Leao could have a lot of space to attack if we get the ball in good positions. Giroud has been very good this season, but to be honest i think he could be eaten by physical Inter side. Therefore it could have been interesting to start Okafor. He is much more mobile, press as hard as Giroud and has the pace and strenght to creating problems for Inter.

This is probably a typical match where the bench players can have decisive role. Last year we had Messias and Saelemakers, this year we have Chukwueze and Okafor. This could really change the outcome of the match.

Cant really wait for this!

Forza Milan!
(09-14-2023, 09:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: We are much better suited physically this year. I think we struggled with that last year and got overpowered on many occasions. 

Exactly. I am fairly confident about today. It still a derby and those are unpredictable but we upgraded to become a European side and we saw how inter did early in the CL before they went on a lucky run.