Champions League matchday 1: Milan - Newcastle September 19 2023 18:45CET
Tonali (and Botman) visiting Milan.

Let's see if the players and coach too can react following the weekend. Tomori should be back in the first 11.Word is Chukwueze and Pobega will replace Pulisic and Reijnders. The latter is surely questionable.

Newcastle have 2 wins and 3 losses so far in the EPL.

3bandiera
The media is saying that Chukwueze and Pobega will play and Pulisic and Reijnders will be off from the first 11. For Pulisic i agree, but for Reijnders? Not at all.
(09-18-2023, 08:47 PM)Santino Wrote: The media is saying that Chukwueze and Pobega will play and Pulisic and Reijnders will be off from the first 11. For Pulisic i agree, but for Reijnders? Not at all.

Why on Earth Pobega will start?? This is already depressing
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
I think its pure dumbness to start Pobega in such a important match. Yet another underestimation from Mr Pioli? Newcastle have Guimares- Tonali- Longstaff in midfield. We have RLC, Krunic, and Pobega. Newcastle owns us quality wise. Of course we must play with our best men from the start. Reijnders was taken of in the derby so he should be fit. This reminds me of the matches last season where we played with basically a B team between the CL matches. That went straight to hell. Its easy: Start with the best ones, and change in the reserves in the second half.

Im worried about this. Newcastle is extremely pacey in attack, thank god Tomori is back, but both Gordon and Isak can create havoc on counters with their speed and skill. And if they have a good day Tonali- Guimares can dominate most midfields. On the other side, Leao and Chukwueze is up against a good but very slow Burn, and a Trippier who is better in offence than defence. A lot can be decided here.

Im looking forward to see Tonali again. No bad words for him. Hope the supporters will greet him.

Forza Milan!
It's just average EPL team, nothing to fear. They're in CL by "accident" and they wont be in CL next year. Pobega or no Pobega win is expected.
It's not going to be easy but if we can't beat team which is, in my humble opinion, at 6-7 place by quality in EPL than F it all.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(09-19-2023, 11:57 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: It's just average EPL team, nothing to fear. They're in CL by "accident" and they wont be in CL next year. Pobega or no Pobega win is expected.
It's not going to be easy but if we can't beat team which is, in my humble opinion, at 6-7 place by quality in EPL than F it all.

Agree to disagree. They are solid. They are mid table because of very hard fixtures at the start. We would also be mid table if we met Liverpool, City, and Brighton as 3/4 first matches. 

Of course we are Milan, and have vastly more experience in CL, but i would never underestimate this Newcastle team. They could beat nearly anyone on their right day. 

The key is our use of the wings. Burn and Trippier could have a hard time.
(09-19-2023, 11:57 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: It's just average EPL team, nothing to fear. They're in CL by "accident" and they wont be in CL next year. Pobega or no Pobega win is expected.

They aren't Leicester, they have unlimited money and access to bypass FFP
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
I'm not saying they're not strong or solid, but they aren't top team of any kind or "monster". They are team we should and must be able to beat, at least at our own field.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Forza, Milan!!!
We need to win this. Milan can NOT lose at home to Newcastle. Let's handle business. Forza Milan!