Week 24: Milan - Napoli February 11 2024 20:45CET
A deserved win, but its just insane how bad we are on counters, what the hell is Leao doing? Those two 100% chances has to be buried against a opponent like Napoli. Great assist for Theo, but again, a pretty average to below performance by Leao.

Gabbia on the other side, and Theo was outstanding! What a goal by Theo, and did Gabbia set one foot wrong?

I see Gabbia- Tomori as a very exiting partnership actually, Tomoris speed, and Gabbias concentration, and old school Italian defensive approach could be great.

1 point behind, Juve, and they play against a tricky Udinese side without Vlahovic. That second place is us to take.

My rating 1-10:

- Maignan: 6.
- Calabria: 6.
- Kjær: 6.
- Gabbia: 7,5.
- Theo: 7,5.
- Adli: 6,5.
- Bennacer: 6.
- Pulisic: 5,5.
- Giroud: 5.
- Leao: 5,5.
(02-11-2024, 10:55 PM)Santino Wrote: When did Gabbia became this good? Because i think Thiaw and Kalulu will have a hard time getting him out from the first 11.

Agreee. In deeply impressed. Where did this come from? Truly reliable defender. Before he had some hickups, and got exposed for pace too often, now he is a calculating risk very good.
Gabbia is a mid table player but a solid backup. He got skinned at 10’ by Kvara who we are lucky jumped over his out stretched leg to make a perfect pass rather than let him be tripped.
(02-12-2024, 03:05 AM)honsano Wrote: Gabbia is a mid table player but a solid backup. He got skinned at 10’ by Kvara who we are lucky jumped over his out stretched leg to make a perfect pass rather than let him be tripped.

Even Tomori would have had trouble in that situation. 1-1 with Kvara is almost impossible. He has proven so far to be reliable against teams like Atalanta, Roma, and Napoli. Yes he has not been proven at world class teams like PSG, Inter and so on, but the level he is playing on right now justifies a starting position.
New round, same old story with Pioli. His stubbornes is goint to cost him a job. He failed again to make changes at the right timing. Team looked really tired and he should have brought on fresh players earlier, especially Jovic and Okafor. Okafor did not even get a chance.
Kjaer should not be playing as a starter ever again, Pioli wasted a sub there, he need to be more braver on giving young players a chance, Simic probably would not done worse than Kjaer. Poor game management and it is getting worse and worse. RLC had a really poor game, some simple passed were badly misplaced.

I wonder what Jovic need to do to start a game in Serie A?

But in the end, it all does not matter, Pioli is finished with this team, no progress at all and there are no signs that it will be better. It will be very painful to watch Milan next season if Pioli stays.
Good result but not a good game by us. When Politano entered, the 1-1 was close many times.
The negativity in here is insaneTongue. Yes we are not playing our best football, and its a lot to point a finger at, but we are not in 10th place, we are closing in on second, and having the same speed as the Scudetto season. We have had 34 injuries and still we will probably get second place after a crazy good Inter. Where would Inter be with Acerbi, Bastoni and De Vrij out at the same time for a few months? Calha out for a month or two?(RLC). Lautaro for a month(Leao). +++

Inter have been so lucky with injuries, combined with a good fitness team of course.

Bottom line: Yes, we will forget this season probably, but its no way to be so depressed as 90% in here. Get your head up!
Even when Gabbia plays a fantastic match, people wants to bash him and point out one single situation where he dont was on point. Give the cred where it should be given.
(02-12-2024, 02:17 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Even when Gabbia plays a fantastic match, people wants to bash him and point out one single situation where he dont was on point. Give the cred where it should be given.

5th wheel or not,for me he is one of the best players in 2024 for Milan. Kvara will kill any defender in Serie A 9/10 times. At least the fit ones.
As i said yesterday, Juve would probably fuck up against a tricky Udinese side, and they did!Smile. 0-1, and we are 1 point behind.