Summer mercato 2024
(Yesterday, 01:16 PM)nefremo Wrote: Colombo is a midtable player. He's had opportunities in Serie A. Many of them. But he's just not a top level player. A club like Milan shouldn't rely on a player like Colombo. We've made the right choices with him and I'm sure we'd gladly sell him. But, in line with his performances, there isn't anyone willing to pay. 

As for Simic, we'll see what happens with him. I'm not that impressed from what I've seen so far and I don't think he is ready for Milan. I think it's fair from the club to want to develop him in Milan Futuro....or if he thinks that's too low of a level, then to loan him to a higher level club (I'm sure there'll be interest). But to ask for an increase of playing time OR be sold, is a little shitty.

Why? What would you do in his shoes? Agree to rot in Serie C? Come on, even I (as Milan fan) wouldn't do that, so why on earth should he?  Angel
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(11 hours ago)Sampinjon Wrote: Why? What would you do in his shoes? Agree to rot in Serie C? Come on, even I (as Milan fan) wouldn't do that, so why on earth should he?  Angel

If I were in his shoes, I would sign a 2 year contract, play a season with Futuro and hope I play well enough to make the step up the following season. See how much playing time I receive and if I’m still not happy, my contract runs out anyways and I leave
We are all thinking as Milan fans. Try think "independently", as someone who's not attached to club in any emotional way. No reason to stay.
Especially if you have offer from club as Anderlecht, where you have chance to play in CL as well... you can't be serious to choose Futuro and Serie C?
I think we should remember that both Simic and Kerkez joined as 17 and 18 year olds, it's not like they are rotting in our system forever. As I have said 1000 times now when we sign any player, including teenagers, we should understand more about them, their character should be evaluated just as much as their playing skills.

It's not like we are 'neglecting' these players in primavera.
Example:
Simic Aug 25, 2022 Stuttgart U19 ----> Milan U19.
It's not even 2 years, come on.
It is not, but their current age is time to start playing or to move elsewhere... to prevent rotting until they turn 20+. Just look at those as Colombo, Maldini etc. 22-23 years old and not anywhere near real chance. Just ping-ponging from one to another useless loan. If they truly don't have quality, than that's entire new problem, because we are signing bad players. Than do something about it. If we have bunch of "youngsters" and none of them is "ready"... When we are expecting them to be ready? When they're 25?
Look at those Spanish kids, Pedri, Lopez, Williams and who not... Yamal at age of 17 valued at 120M!!! 50 games for Barcelona last season. And he's not only one there. Lopez - 20 years 42 games, Balde 19 years 30 games, Cubarsi - 16 years 24 games, Fort - 16 years 10 games, Gavi 18 years 15 games, Roque 18 years 16 games etc. Some of them have 2000-3000 minutes, some 500-1000, but they're all getting chance. How many of those do we think would get chance here? They would be "Futuro" for next five years Big Grin
Athletico seems to want revenge. Willing to offer 30 million for Fullkrug and also after Pavlovic as well.