Ibrahimovic was gone, who will bear the Milan important task ?
I think we need a united group what works hard for each other and not a team that has to rely on individuals. Of course there are individuals with potential to be matchwinners on their own, like Pato, but the team effort has to be the most important thing.
What is a team effort in football? This is not basketball where you get 100 shots a game per team, so you can distribute shots evenly as opposed to one player shooting 40 times a game.

Ibra was our best and most consistent finisher by far. You think all of a suden Robinho will start scoring because of a "team effort" ?
(08-03-2012, 12:47 PM)Stitch Wrote: What is a team effort in football? This is not basketball where you get 100 shots a game per team, so you can distribute shots evenly as opposed to one player shooting 40 times a game.

Ibra was our best and most consistent finisher by far. You think all of a suden Robinho will start scoring because of a "team effort" ?

Did someone say Robinho?
(08-03-2012, 12:47 PM)Stitch Wrote: What is a team effort in football? This is not basketball where you get 100 shots a game per team, so you can distribute shots evenly as opposed to one player shooting 40 times a game.

Yes, Ibra was our best and most consistent finisher. Also because our tactics and everything we did evolved around him with the purpose of him scoring. Now we don't have Ibra and we need to change and focus on other things. I believe there is no player we can replace Ibra with and still play the same way we did last season, because no other player has his strengths and attributes completely. We need more players to take responsibility and to be given more responsibility. I don't care if our top scorer has 15 or 30 goals if the total amount of goals scored by our team is enough for us to win.
No, the tactics was around scoring, not about Ibra scoring. The thing is he was by far our best option in attack, so it's logical that he will have the most goals.

Not to mention his assists...
I still think we focused too much on one player, even if he did very well. I'm not trying to take anything away from Ibra's performances. Maybe it would have been different if it weren't for all the injuries. That's one of the key things this season, fewer injuries...
Yeah, injuries played a big part in us not winning anything, unfortunately. I am pretty sure we would win the scudetto & got past Farcalona if not that injury to Silva.
(08-03-2012, 06:16 PM)Stitch Wrote: Yeah, injuries played a big part in us not winning anything, unfortunately. I am pretty sure we would win the scudetto & got past Farcalona if not that injury to Silva.

I like this name. OkmilanFarcalona, Marthalona, Fucalona, UEFAlona, Icon_lol2 More?
aka xudong
Barcaloona?

"Team effort" or team play would be to describe a team working as a unit to build attacks and defend as a unit. This means that the team itself is working in unison, with players working in harmony together and pressing as a single unit.

Under Leonardo we saw the most extreme example of a broken team, which is a team that doesn't work together or in unison, but rather the team is broken into attacking and defensive components.

Sacchi's Milan, meanwhile, was the tightest unit that we've had, with the team pressing as a single unit and ideally the distance between attack and defence only being around 25 metres.

Sacchi also always places focus on a player's ability to work within the team, rather than individual quality. This comes to Allegri's Milan, which generally focuses on teamwork, but has had relied on Ibra's individual ability over the past couple of years. All of the play was built around him and he was the focal point of our team, thus being key to our performance. However, this doesn't mean he necessarily made the team better, just that we had better individual quality in the side. While we still rely on many of the same players (e.g. Robinho) in the coming year, they should be able to play a bigger role in the side and work better as a unit, rather than relying on Ibra's individual quality. This reduces our reference points up front, gives us a better chance to adjust our system and really work at attacking opponents weaknesses, meaning as a team, we can potentially play better football, adding greater stability to our performances.

Perfect example are last year's Juve, who worked as a unit and got results well beyond their means if we look at the individual quality in that side.