Seedorf
#1
Once a great player, but somehow..; his classic flashes are rare. I am happy with his last goal, especially after the fans started whistling at him (no respect alas Sad ), but I understand the frustration.
In the champions league game against tottenham it was made painfully aware how he is just not that agile anymore. He has had many chances to convert defense into attack but instead of passing up front he ALWAYS gave the ball back to the defenders.

I hope we get to see our dutchman back somewhere this season, but I'd prefer if he'd just take a few weeks off playing with milan. To be honest; when pato came on our game became a lot better.
Reply
#2
many people here are going to be mad that even more space is now wasted on Seedorf. Big Grin Grinundwech
Reply
#3
Delete this thread, delete this thread................just kidding

His play speaks for itself, experience can compensate for a decline only so much. He was once a big match player...
Reply
#4
I don't think he would have played had we had a healthier midfield. Having said, I dont' think anyone would have thought that he played so so so poorly.
Reply
#5
exactly, i thought he would play his heart out for CL game. i guess he is really unmotivated these days. Sad
Reply
#6
(02-17-2011, 07:16 AM)xudong Wrote: exactly, i thought he would play his heart out for CL game. i guess he is really unmotivated these days. Sad

At this very moment I'd rather have Ronaldinho on his spot... Even he was more agile on the ball.
More space wasted on him? He gave us some great times. But the fact is that he is no longer the football player he used to be. I hope he does himself a favour and leaves back for ajax in the summer of 2011.
Reply
#7
(02-17-2011, 07:16 AM)xudong Wrote: exactly, i thought he would play his heart out for CL game. i guess he is really unmotivated these days. Sad

I don't think he is not motivated, I just think he just hasn't got it anymore. He's over the top and should retire sooner rather than later. He is totally useless for a team that wants to challenge for titles.

That said, he has done well over many years for Milan and should be remembered for that too. But now his time is up...
Reply
#8
I can proudly say that I am one of the very few ACM fans who have hardly bashed Seedorf in the recent times. But now I guess I have to give up this, because every time I have seen him this season, he has absolutely screwed everything for ACM. Even at 34-35, he should be a better passer than what we are witnessing these days ........ Its ultra annoying.
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
Reply
#9
(02-17-2011, 12:10 PM)mzk57 Wrote: I can proudly say that I am one of the very few ACM fans who have hardly bashed Seedorf in the recent times. But now I guess I have to give up this, because every time I have seen him this season, he has absolutely screwed everything for ACM. Even at 34-35, he should be a better passer than what we are witnessing these days ........ Its ultra annoying.
I even emailed him when the whistling began that he should not give up and that we still believe in him. But now, I give up on protecting him. He can stillgo play football at ajax. They want him back there.
Reply
#10
(02-17-2011, 05:37 AM)Jeff Wrote: I don't think he would have played had we had a healthier midfield. Having said, I dont' think anyone would have thought that he played so so so poorly.

Jeff, with I am around, you sure about nobody would have thought Stopdorf would be that horrible.

For real, Stopdorf should just leave. If I am him, I would do it gracefully and leave the game like Stam. At least that way, people would actually have good memories of him instead of all the crap he is doing now.
Reply