Nigel De Jong
(06-26-2015, 04:45 PM)sylrus Wrote: We could always sold him in january or next summer

with this management? we will never be able to sell. if de Jong doesn't work out (hopefully that's not the case), the best we can do is to let the contract run for 2 more seasons and then rescind his contract for the third, or loan him back to Ajax and we pay 50% of his salary.

remember Robinho? Sagrin

by the way, anyone has any information on de Jong's new salary?
I'm a little uncertain about this renewal, mostly I'm worried he'll be relied on as a starter when I think he's best used as a squad player. I know he's got a lot of supporters amongst fans, but I really don't think he's that great.
If nothing else, I do think that his renewal sends out a positive signal to the rest of the football world that there may be indeed a project going on in Milan. Otherwise, he could have easily gone to another CL team, and for bigger salary too (due to his Bosman status). So, his renewal can be at least symbolic of (possible) Milan revival.

I remain hopeful that Mihajlovic has a good plan in place. I trust this coach more than I trust our management. O
I don't know, I didn't think that De Jong renewing is a sign of a project, nor do I think others will see it that way. I know what you mean though, like reza said it's a little surprising the player agreed to extend.
(06-27-2015, 07:16 PM)xudong Wrote: If nothing else, I do think that his renewal sends out a positive signal to the rest of the football world that there may be indeed a project going on in Milan. Otherwise, he could have easily gone to another CL team, and for bigger salary too (due to his Bosman status). So, his renewal can be at least symbolic of (possible) Milan revival.

He was also pretty clear that he would stay if the club had a solid project for next season, so I agree that it's a good sign that we're keeping him.