Pato
It's Pato time!!!!!!!! I can feel it Big Grin
When we had Shevcenko and Kaka, i was confident especially before CL games, as i knew Kaka or Sheva could win the game for us in any mins of the game, but i dont feel the same with Pato.

Btw Barbara Berlusconi and Pato what a pair Smile
Shevchenko and Kaka, aahhh the memories Smile Add Super Pippo Inzaghi and thats a super trio who always performed in the big games.
(03-16-2011, 07:26 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: When we had Shevcenko and Kaka, i was confident especially before CL games, as i knew Kaka or Sheva could win the game for us in any mins of the game, but i dont feel the same with Pato.

Btw Barbara Berlusconi and Pato what a pair Smile

Pato can do that, but too much imo has been asked of him since he joined. Let's not forget that Sheva and Kaka played in stronger teams than Pato's played in.

IMO, Pato's performances have dipped since He joined the team. In his first season, he was awesome, scoring crucial goals and generally causing all sorts of problems for the opposition backlines. These days however, maybe petulance is creeping in or maybe its the injuries, He just doesn't seem to put in the kind of effort that is required from a kid with his abilities. I don't think too much has been asked of him.
Don Silvio, what is your aim???
(03-18-2011, 10:29 PM)shegs Wrote: IMO, Pato's performances have dipped since He joined the team. In his first season, he was awesome, scoring crucial goals and generally causing all sorts of problems for the opposition backlines. These days however, maybe petulance is creeping in or maybe its the injuries, He just doesn't seem to put in the kind of effort that is required from a kid with his abilities. I don't think too much has been asked of him.

I've watched 90% of our games since he joined and I disagree. Back then he was more spectacular but still inconsistent just like now. I think it was Ancelotti who told him to dribble less and play for the team.

He tries but the main problem is - playing for the team is not his strong point.
We need to put him in the CF spot and enjoy our 30 goals per season.
Pato hasn't brought his A-game on consistently that's why he has to "play for the team". He has no choice. But it shouldn't stop him from putting in great shifts. Heck, even Messi plays for the team and is still a remarkable individual player!
Don Silvio, what is your aim???
Another forum has some rumor that Pato is already in doubt for the derby. Bummer.
aka xudong
The thing is that Pato and the coaches are still searching for his best position.

IMO, he should be a No.9, plain and simple. But somehow, due to his speed and the fact that he can dribble pass defenders, he is often being play out wide.
Pato suffers due to the team, as when played as the tip of our attack he gets too little service to really cause damage and often our build up is too slow to really make use of his abilities as opponents will get 3-4 bodies around him everytime. Last night was a perfect example of this, and Pato was forced to drop deep just to see the ball as neither Seedorf or Cassano gave him a single ball to work with.

About his injury, it looks like a sprained ankle and Allegri hopes to see him back for Inter, but further tests will be done today.