Welcome Valter Birsa
yeah he got an injury just before the match. He'll have a scan but apparently it's just muscle fatigue
As long as Birsa scores, we will win with a clean sheet. As a matter of fact, the only two clean sheets we have this season in Serie A are: Milan 1-0 Sampdoria (Birsa), Milan 1-0 Udinese (Birsa).

This guy has won over many hearts quickly. Happy for him, happy for the team. Heart Smile
aka xudong
Pinzi got away with a sure red card. Angry
[Image: U8691P6T12D6839582F44DT20131020070013.jpg]
aka xudong
Which is funny because few minutes later one of our players got a yellow for a tackle on him(Monty maybe?), but he shouldnt have even been there :d
No Honda or Kaka. Birsa is the one brought victories.
nice goal by him
a beauty
I wonder if we move Birsa further back to take the place for Muntari when Saponara gets running and Kaka 'recovers'? He was originally a midfielder no? I like Birsa but playing so far forward he drifts out of the game too easily. He also makes practical decisions rather than provide creativity up front. Great goal by him and I hope he continues to receive playing time. He has deserves it.
Birsa has a good shot and is reliable in possession, he won't lose the ball (or very often wont since I've seen him play), hes also good at beating his man when he has the opportunity. I think his original position was LM or RM, I'd guess LW/RW in a 4-3-3 is as close as we can get to accommodating him on the wing with our current squad and structure. I don't think he's too bad at CAM, he's not the idea CAM because his strength isn't creativity or passing vision, but he's got a good left foot and can help in build up play from that position at least. Call me crazy, but the way Boateng was performing when he left vs. how Birsa is performing now, I think Birsa can easily be a direct replacement in terms of quality, even though what they add to the team is somewhat different.
yeah its different, boateng more strength type while birsa more of an agility type
I agree. Birsa has very good speed, passes well, and is a much better dribbler, while Boateng seemed to rely a lot on his physical strength, and can fire more explosive shots at the goal.
aka xudong