Ajax - Milan October 1st 2013, 20:45
well, the second half wasn't too bad. with some luck, and we really could have won this game.

I don't know why Allegri seems to take pride in his "tactic plan" of purposefully sucking in the first half. I thought that's shameful, risky, and not worth potentially disastrous. We all have seen how a disallowed Ajax goal rendered our entire defense shaken under pressure.
aka xudong
Still, Allegri felt his side deserved more from the game, and bemoaned the manner in which it conceded.

"We tried to slow the game down and we defended well in the first 45 minutes," the coach told reporters after the game. "In the second half, Ajax could not keep the same level of performance. We started to play better and we should have won the game. Unfortunately we conceded a cheap goal on a corner and now we must feel satisfied with the draw."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO You are lucky you tied, you worthless fuck.
My hopes for this season are getting 3rd place and getting rid of Allegri/Matri, make it as far as possible in CL and try to win the Coppa Italia (at least it's something).

Next season with a new coach and hopefully some new/better players we could expect something.
Based on this season, Birsa provides MUCH more than both Poli and Montolivo. That tells everything. I'm really wondering would we be better if Allegri would send all these so called "stars" on the bench, and let the guys who wants to play on the field.

Monotlivo is HORRIBLE this season. He can't do a thing right. Anyway, the further away from opponent area you put him the better, because, in form or not, he can't provide shit in the final third.

And Poli is just an average player. Galliani needs to finally understand that Seedorf was a one-hit-wonder, and that was an amazing screw of Inter and nothing more. How many Inter rejects we will take always hoping "hey, here's another Seedorf"? Pathetic.

And it's funny how we can play when we're chasing the result. The commentator on my local television said last night that eight out of ten goals we scored in last games we played came from 81th minute until the final whistle.
This team has a SERIOUS lack of motivation clearly.
Did just see a good replay of the penalty-situation from yesterday. Damn, we're lucky. There should definitely have been no penalty and Balotelli should have had a yellow card for diving. That would have been his second yellow of the match resulting in suspension vs Barcelona...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEglLJJvWSo

we cheated them..

7 times UEFA Champions League winners

I think everyone is disappointed with our performance last night, esp. in the first half but to keep this trend of diving trying to get penalties which has been going on for some time now, its shameful and hurting our image. It is the coach's responsibility as well as the players.
(10-02-2013, 04:52 AM)LebRN Wrote: Seems like their match is on Wednesday... I'm seriously more interested in watching them at this stage...maybe they can play some football

Actually I wanted to ask if anyone has a stream for this match, I'd like to watch it if possible.

About last night, I think I'm less enraged about the penalty and diving in general than others here. Not to say I condone it, but quite frankly the way I see it, it's a minor detail in a match where both teams should really be wondering about how they should be working to the future.

Which leads me to another point. Cruyff's 70's Ajax and Sacchi's Milan were recently rated as 1st and 2nd as the two greatest club sides in history according to Four Four Two magazine (bear in mind that Milan were the greatest club side ever according to World Soccer). What we saw yesterday was an insult to the great history of both clubs, neither even remotely close to where they should be.

I'm not going to focus on Ajax, but our situation has to change. Our players are terrible and I don't mean just talent, but also those who have proven themselves and aren't performing even close to their ability. Montolivo's been a disaster this season so far, Mexes was never of the quality we need imo and Zapata is simply embarrassing this season. I agree with Revolver that players actually prepared to work should get preference, even if of lesser quality.

The first half should never happen in Milan. It's one thing to press deep when protecting a lead at the end of the game, but Milan have always played with the goal of dominating opponents, which last night we forgot. This isn't the same as Barca, where we had structured approaches on the counter and therefore constructed through our work off the ball, last night we were just negative, defending as we didn't have the correct approach in the match. To put this into context, possession was divided about 75% for Ajax to 25% for us. We're talking about the 5th placed team in what is a second rate league (actually 3rd rate might be more appropriate). Allegri post match comments aren't acceptable either and I want to know where Galliani and Berlu are at this time, as this side has no identity and is embarrassing the club in the biggest competition in the world, never mind the woes in Serie A.

The second half was what I expected, an improvement and we dominated, but still failed to construct much positive. Truth is, I think we have seriously issues tactically, as the players look clueless and don't know how to work together. At around the 30 minute mark in the first half, there was a huge argument amongst the players, mostly against Muntari for not making himself available when playing the ball out. In the second half, regularly players were having to tell each other to take up positions to press correctly (by which point we pressed too late) and going forward no one knew where their teammates were. The only times the players seem to know automatically where a teammate will be is when passing wide to fullbacks, because they only move vertically. This may well be the most disorganised side I've seen in Milan's history (well, actually last season was probably worse, but only just). It's a bit like Italy in 2002, as I remember Nesta said that side would run a lot to defend, but without actually following any particular defensive gameplan. This is what I felt we were like in the second half yesterday.

Defensively we were better in this match (like with Samp) compared to other matches, in that we stayed quite tight as a unit, but the cost is our attacking maneuvers were seriously affected. It was well put in an article I read on Milannews recently that we lack balance. When our goal is to try approach matches by taking it to an opponent, we leave ourselves open to leaking goals, which is inevitable given the form of our defenders this season. However, when we structure ourselves to be solid defensively, we almost completely lose our attacking threat as we end up defending deep and therefore unable to control matches. Even with this approach, we still leak goals, just we leak 1 rather than 2 or 3.

Honestly, I have no answers on how we're going to improve in the short term, though I have some thoughts which I might post in another thread as to how I think the club needs to work to improve for long term objectives. Quite frankly this team isn't even second rate, we're just terrible and I've honestly no answers as to how we can improve. I think Allegri's a problem, but the players are also a problem. There seems to be the wrong attitude from top to bottom in the club and quite frankly the club feels unrecognisable from the team I started supporting.

Players...

Abbiati - The odd solid save, but overall not really tested.
Abate - Looked ok at times, but never really seemed to affect the match much, his crosses were terrible.
Zapata - I give up on him.
Mexes - I remember when he started out, people were impressed by his passing, well yesterday he was totally inept on the ball and defensively weak to say the least.
Constant - I honestly question his tactical intelligence even exists. He's a bit like Muntari, just all over the place without discipline, only it's a touch less noticeable as he's a wide player.
Poli - He's reminding me of Nocerino in his first season. He makes good runs into the box, but fails to put in any tackles when necessary. Or rather his tackles are weak, no real will to win the ball. He's better than Nocerino, I'm sure, but he's got to improve.
De Jong - Still our best midfielder by far, but last night wasn't always great. I also don't think tactically he's that strong, something I've noticed in recent weeks.
Muntari - Only confirmed what I've said before about him, he's tactically very weak, and the fact his teammates shouted at him about it last night says a lot.
Montolivo - Honestly did nothing of note last night. Last season he earnt captaincy, this season he should lose it if he continues like this.
Balotelli - Our best player going forward, but his diving and playacting needs to be cut out.
Robinho - He showed some movement in the second half. That's about all I can say about him.
Matri - One header to layoff for Urby, that's his whole contribution.
Urby - I can't be bothered to say anything besides he had one chance.

Honestly, I've not put much effort into writing my thoughts on the players, I just don't see the point in critiquing a group who aren't willing to try until they go behind.
I kind of feel like Allegri is cracking under pressure. A deer in the headlights sort of thing. He is too scared to stick to a formation let alone a group of 11 consistently if the results aren't there immediately. It makes the players look out of sorts. It makes our great club look timid and second tier. This is not good.

Players are not motivated,injuries are at an atrocious rate,nomally it's bad management.since milan is a family business,allegri will be the blame goat most likely if a change of scenery is needed.
May god with chinese footbball
(10-02-2013, 01:34 PM)honsano Wrote: I kind of feel like Allegri is cracking under pressure. A deer in the headlights sort of thing. He is too scared to stick to a formation let alone a group of 11 consistently if the results aren't there immediately. It makes the players look out of sorts. It makes our great club look timid and second tier. This is not good.
I agree with you there.

I've always felt that Allegri is not a "big-club manager". Not taking this solely on his results, but judging on his interviews he seems like a man who prefers to be left alone and do his job quietly. That is something he can achieve working in clubs with mid-low profile like Cagliari, not while working in Milan. He looks tired of being in that spotlight for so long, guess he'll either get sacked or resign by the end of the season. Regardless if we reach that 3rd spot or not.