Summer Mercato 2011
i read GDS in the morning and read some Kaka stories, as Kaka's rumours reborned. i think that was a great decision to sell Kaka for 67 m euros at right time(however we didnt use this deal to land Sneijder or Robben unfortunately at that time, in this case, this could make it better move with Sneijder or Robben) Kaka is past, Ganso, Eriksen, Honda, Pastore,
Lucas Marcelinho are present. its useless to talk about past, as Kaka passed his best 2-3 years ago, always had injury problems)

it seems We follow Porto's fernando, i cant say anything about him as i didnt see him much until now.

Then we re-linked with Maxwell, i'd love to see him at Milan, if we cant sign Coentrao. he looks better option to me than Criscito and also low cost option considering Criscito costs around 18 M euros which is too much for a player like him. Taiwo and Maxwell are the opiton that i like if we fail to sign Coentrao.

Thank god that inter didnt sign A.Sanchez during january window, just look at how he performs with Di Nate, Udinese just behind Napoli in standings.

What happened to this players? First Cavani, then Sanchez they are absolutely revolutions of the season.

Regarding RFB, Both A.Konko and isla could be nice alternatives to Abate as he doesnt have a vice.
GeoTav, what do you think of these 3 defensive/holding midfielders? Yann M'Vila, Moussa Sissoko, Blaise Matuidi.

Robben would add a directness we don't currently have, though i don't like his diving. A player i think we could get and would add quality would be Gusev of Dynamo Kiev, he's looked pretty sharp of late.
(03-17-2011, 11:08 AM)Jim_UK Wrote: GeoTav, what do you think of these 3 defensive/holding midfielders? Yann M'Vila, Moussa Sissoko, Blaise Matuidi.

Robben would add a directness we don't currently have, though i don't like his diving. A player i think we could get and would add quality would be Gusev of Dynamo Kiev, he's looked pretty sharp of late.

M'Vila is one of the best, if not the best, player of Rennes, a team performing better than expected as they are among the group of contenders for the title when they should have competed for a place in Europa League ...
Probably one of the first modern midfielders (the so-called box-to-box midfielder able to defend and attack) in France, I mean, one of the first modern midfielders with an international level. Could be a good option for our team.

Moussa Sissoko is the classical powerful midfielder "made in France", he's been praised a lot in France for some years now, but I never saw anything special the few times I saw him (I have to admit: rarely) ... Not the kind of player I expect in Milan.

About Blaise Matuidi, I don't really know ... He's one of the prospects for the future of the French NT, but like Sissoko, it's been now 1 or 2 complete years since I've heard the word "promising player" to label him, and he has still to step up to the next level. If I'm not wrong, he's not the typical DM.
(03-16-2011, 06:51 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Then we re-linked with Maxwell, i'd love to see him at Milan, if we cant sign Coentrao. he looks better option to me than Criscito and also low cost option considering Criscito costs around 18 M euros which is too much for a player like him. Taiwo and Maxwell are the opiton that i like if we fail to sign Coentrao.

Thank god that inter didnt sign A.Sanchez during january window, just look at how he performs with Di Nate, Udinese just behind Napoli in standings.

What happened to this players? First Cavani, then Sanchez they are absolutely revolutions of the season.

Maxwell will probably stay in Barcelona given the health problems of Abidal.
About Alexis Sanchez, in Inter, I'm quite sure he wouldn't have been used ...
Cavani seems to be a good finisher, something we didn't really see in Palermo, but in Napoli, he has Lavezzi who turns around him and often takes 2 or 3 defenders, and Hamsik who is able to assist/create goals too. Without Lavezzi, Cavani has disappeared, he should score again with Lavezzi back.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I must say I'm starting to regret us not getting Marcelo a few years back. Last night he scored against Lyon and this season has been one of Real's most consistent player, if not one of their best. Defensively he's so much better too it's impressive.

Anyway, back to our transfers, we're linked to the Brazilian Jonathas, a young forward who's about 22 and considered the next Ibra. Also we're linked to Lucas Roggia, a young Brazilian second forward who is apparently a lot like Pato.
(03-17-2011, 02:04 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I must say I'm starting to regret us not getting Marcelo a few years back. Last night he scored against Lyon and this season has been one of Real's most consistent player, if not one of their best. Defensively he's so much better too it's impressive.

Anyway, back to our transfers, we're linked to the Brazilian Jonathas, a young forward who's about 22 and considered the next Ibra. Also we're linked to Lucas Roggia, a young Brazilian second forward who is apparently a lot like Pato.

In defence, he still has to improve to become a WC LB ...

In attack, I don't know, he's impressive, but in this Real Madrid, look at the kind of players around him: they are players who can create things (Ronaldo, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, even Benzema sometimes) while we tend to play with a midfield who can't do what they do as they are more defensive minded and just, let's say how it is, not as good as them when they have the ball.

We also don't play the same kind of football, we are slower, like to take the possession and turn around the other defence, while Madrid plays a direct passes game ...

So in our current Milan, would Marcelo manage to do what he does in Madrid ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-17-2011, 04:01 PM)GeoTav Wrote: In defence, he still has to improve to become a WC LB ...

In attack, I don't know, he's impressive, but in this Real Madrid, look at the kind of players around him: they are players who can create things (Ronaldo, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, even Benzema sometimes) while we tend to play with a midfield who can't do what they do as they are more defensive minded and just, let's say how it is, not as good as them when they have the ball.

We also don't play the same kind of football, we are slower, like to take the possession and turn around the other defence, while Madrid plays a direct passes game ...

So in our current Milan, would Marcelo manage to do what he does in Madrid ?

At 22 I think he can quite comfortably develop into a world class LB. Given his improvement at the back, I really don't see why his growth would stop as long as he has people who can help him develop (Mourinho plays a part).

Admittedly going forward he has a lot of quality around him, which helps him a lot, but let's not forget he's always been good going forward, being technically very good, fast and able to cover a wing well even by himself.

He reminds me of Dani Alves if I'm honest, although less reliant on his pace and athleticism, though this could be a very good feature to develop in his game.
Marcelo? Taiwo? These guys aren't proper defenders! As attacking threats, yes but they are really bad at defending; horrible positioning, weak marking, you name any defensive flaws and the both of them possess them in abundance! Maybe they can improve that aspect at Milanello, but who knows?
Don Silvio, what is your aim???
Citeh crashed out of Europa League tonight. Expect a clearance sale this summer.
per l'amaro e il dolce
I would only take tevez or dzeko tbh from city. Most their other players are just over-rated over paid players that when they arrive in milan will be flops. IMO tevez would be better of the two as he's a cf but could also be transformed into a great cam, what we need but only if we cant strike a deal for ganso..
Why would you say there will be a clearance sale in City? The last I check, they are fighting for a CL spot in EPL, which most likely will be theirs at the end.

Actually City got enough surplus players, but most of them are all average or a bit better. Except of Tevez, Dzeko, Mario, and De Jong. But I doubt they will let them go.