Fernando Torres
Two year *loan*? I guess there ae positives in it being a loan but still lol Galliani
(08-29-2014, 08:59 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'm like reza and Lilly, this is a guy that's never convinced me and I remember posting about it when he looked close to joining from Atletico. IF he comes, then he'll have my support, as my beef isn't with him as much as it is with the destructive forces leading the club.

My biggest hope is Pippo, knowing his experience as a top striker. It's sad that our biggest hope these days is a rookie coach.

That's my hope too. Part of Torres's problem is his completely inability to score what-so-ever from good positions. I think that's the part that's psychological. Hopefully a new environment, lower expectations and receiving advice from a legendary & lethal goal scorer will at least solved that problem. If not, then we can look forward to 2 years of wasted chances and sulking.

It's not the worst deal ever, and having him is better than having nobody. If we don't spend the money on him, it'll go to waste somewhere anyway. The obvious main reason we hate this deal because Galliani is basically sh*tting over that "youth project" idea by getting a 30yo overpriced guy who's getting forced out of his team.
Two years with 3 mil each year for Torres is not something very bad IMO. 3 mil is the good player gets in Milan now and yes he might be not a good quality now but he was very good one. We also do not give long contract.

As Lilly said, it is not worst deal ever.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Mr X 2014: Fernando Torres. A sad excuse for a signing.
(08-30-2014, 12:07 AM)reza Wrote: Two year *loan*? I guess there ae positives in it being a loan but still lol Galliani

Still it's better than to outright buy him like Essien, for example. This way we won't be stuck with him for the remainder of the contract if it doesn't work out and he can return to Chelsea.
per l'amaro e il dolce
I am not a huge fan of Torres, but I must admit that the deal is not bad at all (3M*2 Years then he flops and shipped back to Chelsea not a huge loss).
The deal should be quite good all things considered. We have him on loan for what sounds like low wages.

If he is great we can keep him as he will be out of contract at Chelsea. If he is poor we replace him.

My big question is given how well the front 3 have performed in the TIM and vs Lazio, how will the main 11 change with him? How do we play all 4 of them? Menez is playing well and SES and Honda are too. If he plays and we play the 4 of them I'm not sure we will be able to cope. Our midfield is already weak and by adding more attacking element we could be seriously punished.

Thoughts on how we will make this work?
Rotation.

It's a long season.
It is, but I can't see them not wanting to start Torres and the other 3 are all working so well together.
Welcome to MM Vegeta365.

Moving Honda around is risky, he is only now finding his own way slowly.