PDA

View Full Version : How about Daniel as future replacement for Cafu?


ACMILAN1983
12-01-2004, 21:27
As Cafu is getting old and Trabelsi looking less likely to come to Milan every day, how about the young Brazilian Daniel.

I don't know if many of u would have seen the Youth World Championships recently, but Daniel was brilliant as a right wing back for Brazil throughout the tournament. He plays just like Cafu, but is only about 20. As far as I could see he is able to defend quite well, but leaves gaps when attacking (like Cafu). He is very good at attacking defences from wide positions, can dribble well, is fast and is good at crossing. He is also a free kick specialist (an attribute Milan could use ;)).

Under Milan's trainers and stars he could gain a lot of experience and become quite a star.

The only problem is that he is already linked to Juve.

please tell me whether u think Daniel would be a good prospect for Milan?

Terak
12-01-2004, 22:21
i think manchini from roma

Giovanni
13-01-2004, 04:24
well, i don't know the guy but i don't think we will let Trabelsi going somewhere so easily..we will be in the race for him until the end

jani
13-01-2004, 06:01
he's good in CM.. so he must be good in real life.. :cool:

ACMILAN1983
13-01-2004, 17:27
I don't have CM4, so can't really base any judgement based on that ;) .

Anyway I found out he plays for Sevilla. He actually was given the award for 3rd best player during the championships. The other players were Dudu (Brazilian midfielder who wasn't impressive, but scored a LOT of goals) and an UAE player who was fairly good, but was mostly in there because he played for the country where the tournament was held.

Also how about Cavenaghi as a possible solution for our attacking problems.

Zacxaviqer
13-01-2004, 20:48
Can he adapt the playing style in Serie A???

jani
14-01-2004, 06:51
more importantly, could he survive? :eek:

Zacxaviqer
14-01-2004, 18:56
He may just stick his butt on the bench for all we know...

ACMILAN1983
14-01-2004, 20:14
Actually I would expect him to be on the bench as he is still very young and Cafu is still around. This would allow him to mature as a player under guidance of the current defenders at the club and become a first team player in the future (kind of how Pirlo and Gattuso didn't play regularly during their first seaon, but now are indispensible).

As for whether he is able to adapt/survive in Italy, its always a risk when signing young players, but personally I think he could be suited for Italian football if he can be a bit more disciplined as to when to go forward and when to stay back.

I would like to stress that I don't think Milan should necessarily just buy Daniel, but I do think that we should keep a close eye on him as he looks like he could become something quite special as a possible replacement for Cafu in the future along with Trabelsi or Bonera (personally I don't see whats so great about him, but many clearly disagree).

ACMILAN1983
17-05-2005, 21:18
After reading a couple of comments being made about this youngster in the past month or two, I decided to bump this thread a year after I made it to see what people think now, as he is beginning to make an impact.

Its strange how, things have changed since I made this thread actually, as players like Trabelsi (who in the end did nothing) and Bonera (people are now saying more commonly what I said in the last post I made here) are becoming less linked to Milan than a year ago.

Anyway, on to the topic, we will probably have Cafu for a year possibly 2, but do people have a firm opinion about Daniel Alves yet, now that he is becoming a more prominent name?

sehnsucht79
18-05-2005, 01:21
Surely if Daniel comes to Milan now he'll be loaned somewhere else no?

ACMILAN1983
18-05-2005, 09:14
Surely if Daniel comes to Milan now he'll be loaned somewhere else no?

Probably, as he is still very young and would need to play to develop (which won't happen until Cafu leaves probably).

Although, this is precisely why Milan could use him, he plays similarly to Cafu and can be a play a part in the future (when he's coming into his mid 20s).

I have to admit though, it has been a few months since I last saw him, so I'm not sure how he's been doing recently.

Either way, the Oddo rumours are growing, so bringing this topic back from the grave may be pointless.

nicostallion
24-05-2005, 10:25
i think manchini from roma

ive always been a fan of mancini of roma, he could be a brilliant replacement for cafu when he retires

Scaryscouse
24-05-2005, 10:29
Funnily enough actually the player you are talking about is Daniel Alves, Liverpool have made three bids for him. The last on of 10 million euro was rejected. Quality prospect, if I'm not mistaken was man of the tournament aswell I think.
Two quality players that Milan could use there as they also have Sergio Ramos who would be excellent cover and eventual replacement to your centre backs.

KhRiS
24-05-2005, 10:46
I think Ramos will go to Madrid.
:510:

sehnsucht79
25-05-2005, 02:25
I like Mancini, very useful offensively but do not really trust him when it comes to defending :moan: