PDA

View Full Version : Barca Thread


heidi azalea
25-04-2004, 12:12
(From: soccerage.com)
RealMadrid-Barcelona preview
Having turned their season around with a 15 match unbeaten run, Barcelona travel to the Bernabeu on Sunday with real hope of gaining a first win over Real Madrid in enemy territory since 1997. With just five games remaining, the Catalans lie third seven points behind Sunday's opponents, and leaders Valencia who are tied on 70 points at the top of the table. Champions Real may have turned the corner, however, with a 2-1 win at Atletico in the local derby bringing them back level on points with Valencia who had yet another refereeing decision go against them in a feisty 2-2 draw at home to Real Sociedad.

The Gran Classico is always the biggest game in the Spanish calendar, regardless of league position. However, it has to be said, both sides are usually at the top of the table when they collide, and for a while this season it seemed as if this particular edition of the series would simply be about Real Madrid and their quest for the title. However, Frank Rijkaard seems to have settled in to his new role in Catalunya, and has Barca pressing for at least third position in the table and a Champions League place. The signing of Edgar Davids in the transfer window has proved an inspired move, and the form of Ronaldinho has given Barcelona an exciting glamour that was seemingly lacking previously.

RECENT FORM

Hosts Real won the corresponding fixture 2-1 earlier in the season, and made that particular victory harder for themselves than it needed to be. Rijkaard was accused of tactical naivety in his approach to the game, and will hardly make the same mistake twice. Barcelona only attacked the champions when they went two goals down, and the whirlwind unleashed on Real in the last 15 minutes showed just how poor a decision that was. However, 15 unbeaten matches speak for themselves, and Barcelona travel full of confidence.

Real, by contrast, will be hoping the victory over Atletico, which was considered fortunate by many, will be the catalyst to a successful run to the title. With Deportivo at Riazor next weekend, the champions know they must keep pace with Valencia through this series of major confrontations. Having clawed two points back from Valencia after the derby, Real may yet see last weekend's victory as the final positive turning point in their discredited season. Zinedine Zidane has been complaining of tiredness, and David Beckham is ineffective in his current role, while Raul has had his most subdued season in memory. Perhaps he is missing his erstwhile partner in crime Fernando Morientes?

TEAM NEWS

The build up to the big game has been overshadowed by the will he, won't he saga of a certain Brazilian striker's fitness. Doubts persist over the return of Ronaldo who had seemed set to start until a minor recurrence of his thigh injury during training on Friday sent Madrid hacks into a tizzy, and their Barca counterparts into froths of joy. Ronaldo, should he play, is one of two Real stars confronting their former club on Sunday, the other being Luis Figo. Ivan Helguera is likely to plug the defensive gap left by the suspended Francisco Pavon as Alvar Mejia is struggling with a leg injury.

Barcelona are likely to be at full strength and welcome back Luis Enrique to the squad. The former Spanish international is a talisman in such games against his former club, and scored in Barca's last win here, a 3-2 success seven years ago.

PROBABLE TEAMS

Real Madrid: Casillas; Salgado, Roberto Carlos, Helguera, Raul Bravo; Guti, Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Raul; Ronaldo.

Barcelona: Victor Valdes; Reiziger, Puyol, Oleguer, van Bronckhurst; Davids, Cocu, Luis Garcia, Ronaldinho, Xavi; Saviola.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

David Beckham (Real Madrid)

The contrast between Barcelona's supposed first-choice transfer target of last summer, David Beckham, and his replacement Ronaldinho will be one of the many irrestisible sub-texts of Sunday's game. While Beckham started well at the Bernabeu, he has struggled since Christmas once the novelty of his arrival had worn off. Personal issues hang over his head now, and he has found the going tough in an unbalanced Real midfield lacking a naturally combative defensive lynchpin.

Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

Along with Edgar Davids, Ronaldinho's form has proved to be the catalyst in resucitating Barcelona's comatose season. Now, the Brazilian World Cup winner faces the ultimate test of his celebrity in Spanish football: performing in the biggest match of all and delivering the goods. With no defensive midfielders to hinder his trickery, the stage is set for Ronaldinho to upstage the man who he would have replaced at Old Trafford and who he did replace at Camp Nou.

Alfonso Pérez Burrull (The Referee)

Well, given the hugely contentious decisions we have seen in the title race this season, the eyes of Spain will be on the man in the middle. Every decision will be scrutinised, every interpretation viewed with scepticism. Senor Pérez Burrull is entrusted with the biggest clash of the season – and his career. Valencia will watch his performance with interest…

Brian O'Driscoll

ACMILAN1983
25-04-2004, 12:40
I think this will be the usual Real-Barca match. Agressive (often violent), passionate and entertaining.

Barca seem to have the advantage as Real aren't playing well and don't have Ronaldo available.

Either way, should be a good match.

Goirre
25-04-2004, 15:22
Well, Barca won 2-1 and Valencia is winning, so yea...a good day! :D

Yuri
25-04-2004, 17:33
I saw the 2nd half and yes it was passionate, agressive and entertaining. A real great goal from Xavi from a superb assist from Ronaldinho. Those things make football so beautifull. I'm glad Barcelona won. 'Galacticos':rolleyes: :confused:

Figo got red carded and Scolari should have been too. Where is the time that a (nasty) tackle from behind was emidiately rewarded with a red card??

Real Madrid had most of the play, but in the end Barcelona took the 3 points.

XZeRo3003
25-04-2004, 20:11
Oh my goodness, what a crazy match! There were at least five goalline saves form defenders, Real was just shoving it in!!!

heidi azalea
25-04-2004, 21:44
Originally posted by Yuri
I saw the 2nd half and yes it was passionate, agressive and entertaining. A real great goal from Xavi from a superb assist from Ronaldinho. Those things make football so beautifull. I'm glad Barcelona won. 'Galacticos':rolleyes: :confused:

Figo got red carded and Scolari should have been too. Where is the time that a (nasty) tackle from behind was emidiately rewarded with a red card??

Real Madrid had most of the play, but in the end Barcelona took the 3 points.

yeah, I got surprised by the referee descision to that nasty tackle to Puyol by Scolari !:rollani:That's the same tackle which sidelined Robert Pires of Arsenal for 7 months in 2002 and motivates him to be a diver !:hammer:
It's seems that a good player like Puyol is a victim to every fouls.... I'm in fear that he will suffered injuries like Pires and have to rest for months. He'd contributed a lot to Barca on their good run this season. I hope he'll get well soon.
real was slipped from the top finally .....:cool:

heidi azalea
25-04-2004, 21:46
Man of the match : Ronaldinho ( for superb assists on attacks )

XZeRo3003
25-04-2004, 22:21
oh my god, if you only saw the second half, then you didn't see the shot that hit to post, then shot back in and blocked by Valdez, then shot again and headed out by puyol!!! THREE SAVES!! AMAZING!!

heidi azalea
25-04-2004, 23:20
I heard this news from one of a friend ( Barca Fan ) :now he's ( Puyol )out for 3 weeks, almost the rest of the season. I hope he doesn't miss the euro 2004. oh no :mad:

makkko
26-04-2004, 00:32
i have seen the match live and nothing to say except that Barcelona were fighting like lions in this game........ real was pushing hard all the game and Barca were defending with one of teh best defender PUYOL...... he did such a great game........ he even stood facing a clear shot of carlos that was going inside the net by his face............. wowwwwwwww he took out by his face...

and he did some very good tackles....... but one major setback is that he acted much..... Figo tackle was dangerous much but he did not touch him and then RED Card...

I beleive Barca are making their ideal symbols these Days.... with Puyol and Ronaldinho (Amazing Player)..........

One thing i found that let barca win the game was the substitution made in which Luis Enrique entered the game at 1-0 result and all what he was doing was helping his players by clapping .....as if telling them ..great guys you can get it.....

I respect such players who can motivate their players....

one word........... awesome game......... LOS MERENGUES (so called Galacticos) are now ....... stupidos...........:D :D :D

sehnsucht79
26-04-2004, 04:44
Great match! I was like :eek: when I saw Ronaldinho play. I mean he's already great but today he was like greater :eek:

Bwahahahhaaha Madrid lost.. oops :mute:

Well 'tis a fairly good ending to a bad day for me. Bloody Juve defence. :depress:

rae
26-04-2004, 08:00
Originally posted by Goirre
Well, Barca won 2-1 and Valencia is winning, so yea...a good day! :D
just the second good news from football pitches this weekend...
:(

heidi azalea
26-04-2004, 22:56
Here're some post-game comments made by ppl on Barca's Message Board at Soccerage.com.... I pick up their messages which shared the same way I put the rating for Barca Players....... I respect their board becuz they're intelligently talking abt football......No censor ( but sorry some of the posts I censored becuz there're irrelevant things included ) ! Enjoy it !
**************************************************
1st post :
What a win~! Great game!! Loved it~!!! I was all excited about posting then I saw bacha's trash again, oh well. just for record **** split I even liked Xavi’s goal!!!! Here are the Barca guys that made the biggest impression on me. Although I know everyone played well. 1) Puyol!!! Stops a Roberto Carlos rocket,,,,with his face! (to save a certain goal), callously cut down by Figo where he was sent flying. Hit again by Solari, when trying to get forward (in the same leg) and he still gets up and plays. WTF!!! The guy is a warrior! He was carrying injuries into the game and for him to show such heart in a winning display, it was awesome. I won’t forget “Puyol at the Bernabeau in 2004”. The site of him trying to ‘run it off’ on the sidelines when I thought for sure he was already subbed was something to remember. ++++++ 2) Ronaldinho. He was relatively ineffective in the first half, because Madrid was so dominant (keeping possession). They kept him locked on the left and going to his wing from every goal kick didn’t see us win the possession that I’m sure Rijkaard had hoped. However the second half was a different story. Kluivert gave him some space by being the new initial point of reference in the attack and with Figo sent off. It was Ronaldinho’s show. He had the ball on a string and the lob to Xavi for the ninja kick volley was sublime. The Brazilian should have made it 3-1 when he got a clear run at goal, but the finish let him down. In any case our superstar made his point clear that his one of the best and had Perez saying “we should have signed you” at the end of it all. +++++++ 3) Valdes. He had a dramatic game! And did everything from stopping a one-on-on from Zidane, then saving at Raul’s feet, parrying a Calos bullet from distance, deflecting a Figo drive and even ***** slapping the ball for a goal line clearance from a header that looked in~. Solari’s (he played well) goal couldn’t be helped. Something was bound to go in from the amount of Real chances. However Valdes showed his talent, and in a way introduced himself to Europe with some show stopping saves. How many times did you cringe watching the fist-half? It could have been 10-0 at the brake if it wasn’t for Valdes! +++++++ 4) GVB. I thought he was ice cool through out. A smart lob pass to set up an on rushing Kluivert. He looked poised (as you could be) marking Figo and he didn’t make a fuss about Beckham’s disgusting display of ‘gamesmenship’ which could have equaled that of Rivaldo against Turkey. GVB was solid. Again.+++++++ 5) David’s. His presence demands respect. His aggressive and vocal, get’s in your face whether it be the ref or the opposition. He made some crucial clearances and ran all day. David’s is the ****! +++++++ 6) LE21 came on when we were a goal down, clapping his hands saying “****’em! ****’em, I’m not going out like this.” Puyol could be seen in the background chiming in as well and 10 minutes later we were even at 1-1. Nuff said. 7) Laporta. Looked so stiff and stern. The ultimate display of humility, but after Xavi’s goal, in his mind he was doing a lap of the Bernabue running around in his Maroon and blue boxers, with one middle finger in the air yelling great ****ing game!
2nd post :
first chance I have had on the net since last night ... so forst things first ... WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... all in all a match where being gutsy was what counted in the end ... Puyol and Valdez had the games of their lives ... while Solari's performance (scored against Athletico too) showed just how stupid Real's policies are ... a real big-hearted display ... but to hell with that ... Cocu shut down Zidane for mmost of the game ... Davids had Beckham in his pocket and Oleguer did well with Raul ... GVB did decent defencive work (I wouldnt agree on great in defence JAMAIN ... but made up with that lob for Kluivert) ... Reiziger was the only one who seemed outplayed ... but you have to feel for him with Solari in great form and Carlos charging down as well ... and Overmars not quite dominant enough to help him ... My ratings for the match Valdez,Puyol-8.5 Davids-8 Cocu,Oleguer-7.5 Kluivert,R10(2nd half),Xavi(2nd half),GVB-7 LuieEnrique-6.5, Reiziger-5.5, Saviola,Overmars - 5, Motta-- ... nice to see Luis motivate us on .. would have meant a lot to him ...
3rd post ( censored for good reason )
BARCA KNIGHTS VS real madrid p****s 25/04/04: VV-9, Reitziger-6, Puyol-10 (I can not imagine what more one can do), Oleguer-7, GVB-7, Cocu-8 (too solid), Davids-7, Xavi-8 (less effective but what a goal!), R10-8, Overmars-5, Saviola-5, LE21-7 (moral booster), Kluivert-8 (he scored very important goal) and ......... Rijkaard- 9. It was his first Bernabeu and he guessed right with his substitutions. He ordered warm-up to Klui and LE21 much before Solari's goal. Also sending GVB up front was also crutial and winning. Many thanks for him, I am so glad that he made progress and I was wrong about him. ++++++ Now what I did: There is one sport-cafe in the city and I invited my 3 close friends who support R.Madrid (sorry, but this is business) to have a big screen watch of Classico. I was so sure that we would win. And on the 86th minute I jumped on the chair and began brazilian-like- screaming-goooooooooooal!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!
4th post
The last time Barcelona won at the Bernabéu, Rivaldo was still in his prime, Luis Enrique scored against his old mates and Giovanni, if my memory serves me well, scored the late winner and ran off down the pitch making the famous 'up yours' gesture that earned him a docking of his wages. Mr Grumpy gets marching orders (FiroFoto/GettyImages) Beckham was still single, Ronaldo had just gone to Italy and nobody had heard of Ronaldinho. It's difficult to know which is the more surprising news now - the fact that Rivaldo is going to Bolton or the fact that Madrid have as good as blown it, but as they're saying here now, Arde la liga! (The league's on fire). 'El clásico' was one of the better ones in recent seasons, with the football generally fast and furious, and the play open-ended. Either side could have won it, but after Mr Grumpy (Luis Figo) got himself sent off for an X-rated lunge at his old sparring partner Carles Puyol, the Catalans sensed blood and went for the throat - mixing their metaphors along the way but still managing to score a nifty goal through the vastly improved Xavi, after Ronaldinho had looped a pass over the gawping Madrid defence. Indeed, it's shaping up to be a classic finish, and like last season could easily go down to the wire. Valencia's draw at Bilbao puts them a point ahead of Madrid, with Barça now a mere five points off the top, but those five points would surely prove too many to make up if Real Madrid were in a happier state than they are at present. The interesting thing is that Barça have two things to aim for now. One is the title, but Valencia are unlikely to lie down and die. The second is the deliciously motivating desire to nick the second spot from their friends in the Bernabéu and bring about a major crisis in the royal house. After the June tournament in Portugal, all eyes will be on the presidential elections at Real Madrid. At the beginning of the season, Florentino Pérez appeared to be in an unassailable position of strength. Everything he touched turned to gold, journalists far and wide were hailing the club as a new concept, as a shiny new marriage between marketing and sport. Never mind the all-round frailty of the squad, because the feel-good factor was so much in the ascendancy. Barcelona were also down in the dumps, and nothing seemed to be going right, despite the changes at presidential and managerial level. As mentioned before in this column, the history of the Spanish league has been characterised by this dualism, so that it is has always seemed to be a logical impossibility that these two sides can both be happy simultaneously. Up to the King's Cup Final against Zaragoza, however, everything was within Real's grasp. Now there is the unthinkable threat of them finishing with nothing, and worse, finishing below Barça. It's not the fixture list that you need to look at but rather the differing morale of the two clubs. The Catalans have gone 16 games undefeated, and despite the Celtic blip in the UEFA Cup, are playing some great stuff. Madrid are hanging in there, but the cupboard is looking strangely bare. If they blow the league, Pérez may suddenly find himself back in the business of full-time property dealing. The candidate coming up fast on the outside railings is one Enrique Sobrino, a less wealthy man but one who has already begun to outline his strategy from the unofficial hustings of the national football press. He has so far been generous enough to acknowledge Pérez's good work since the year 2000, but claims he would reverse the galactic policy and get rid of Beckham and Figo, just for starters. Puyol (right) was grimacing again later - he's out of the Spain squad (FiroFoto/GettyImages) This is a high-risk venture, since there is no guarantee that the Madrid faithful will necessarily see this season's failure as one that can be solely attributed to the presence of too many world-class players. All the evidence at the moment points to the likelihood of Carlos Quieroz being made the scapegoat, so that Pérez and Valdano can continue to smell of roses, albeit less scented ones than before. Quieroz is innocent of all charges, of course. He has generally gone about his work in a quiet and dignified manner, and whereas some would point to a lack of inspirational leadership, others would point to a lack of a balanced squad - which is hardly his fault. If Madrid fail to win the league, then surely they will look back upon the events of late summer when the flashbulb glare of Beckham's arrival obscured the fact that the club's bid for Valencia's excellent centre-back, Roberto Ayala, was about to fall through. heheheheh

sehnsucht79
28-04-2004, 23:07
Can't help but say, Madrid was a bit unlucky, no? How many times do you cross a team with those opportunities and that kind of defence of Barca's ? :D

Well, great lob from Ronaldinho and great finishing from Xavi.. Madrid only 1 pt ahead now I think

I'm rooting for Valencia to win the La Liga, how unfortunate they drew

heidi azalea
28-04-2004, 23:57
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
Can't help but say, Madrid was a bit unlucky, no? How many times do you cross a team with those opportunities and that kind of defence of Barca's ? :D

Well, great lob from Ronaldinho and great finishing from Xavi.. Madrid only 1 pt ahead now I think

I'm rooting for Valencia to win the La Liga, how unfortunate they drew

What do you mean by unlucky eh Sally ? And of course Puyol is the heart of defence... He's the best non-Italian defender I ever seen and he got that skills, attitude and spirit needed for a player to play in Milan ( I'll be glad to see him in Milan but the quota is fully occupied and Puyol is a devoted Catalan). So sad that he was the targeted victim of the white thugs, alors !
Yeah, Ronaldinho is gr8 and we can see that on the game of Brasil-Hungary. Were you watched that game ( Brasil-Hungary)eh sally ? I was mad that TV3 aired Belgium-Turkey match instaed of Brasil-Hungary! :hammer::zany:

sehnsucht79
01-05-2004, 09:40
Tu la pasal, I didn't see the match either, but I did see Turky though, I like them :)

I agree about Puyol, he's great!

I dunno, to me Madrid was a bit unlucky. They had 2 great chances that was cleared out from the line with some pretty hectic goalkeeping and defence from Barca. Kudos to Barca for that, but still, unlucky for Madrid

But I'm not complaining. Barca won, Madrid lost, and that's that, everyone's happy, no? :D

heidi azalea
01-05-2004, 10:06
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
Tu la pasal, I didn't see the match either, but I did see Turky though, I like them :)

I agree about Puyol, he's great!

I dunno, to me Madrid was a bit unlucky. They had 2 great chances that was cleared out from the line with some pretty hectic goalkeeping and defence from Barca. Kudos to Barca for that, but still, unlucky for Madrid

But I'm not complaining. Barca won, Madrid lost, and that's that, everyone's happy, no? :D

Yeah, I'm happy...... Barca is one of my fav clubs.... i'm rooted Barca, but still a diehard Milan fan...

heidi azalea
02-05-2004, 03:27
Madrid lost in Riazor.... and Barca in good situation to win Liga title if Valencia lost to Betis.... Lets hope...lets hope !:D

argo
02-05-2004, 17:00
Catalan Derby:
Barcelona 4 - 1 Espanyol

great performance by barca, a goal down early in the match (Raul Tamudo penalty) then fight back with 4 goals (Ronaldinho terrific header, Saviola lovely solo run with accurate touch, van Bronckhost cool finish and easy goal yet again by Saviola).

i don't follow La Liga so much but i prefer barca than madrid. :)
btw, valencia also won 2-0 over betis, so madrid is now 4 pts adrift and only have 1 pt above barca.

:)

heidi azalea
03-05-2004, 01:55
Originally posted by argo
Catalan Derby:
Barcelona 4 - 1 Espanyol

great performance by barca, a goal down early in the match (Raul Tamudo penalty) then fight back with 4 goals (Ronaldinho terrific header, Saviola lovely solo run with accurate touch, van Bronckhost cool finish and easy goal yet again by Saviola).

i don't follow La Liga so much but i prefer barca than madrid. :)
btw, valencia also won 2-0 over betis, so madrid is now 4 pts adrift and only have 1 pt above barca.

:)

no comments, I also watched the match...hmmm goodie, 2 good news from football field ( another one is Milan won the scudetto ) :D
Man of the match : Victor Valdez
Missed the penalty save, but managed to make some gr8 saves... Enjoy !

argo
03-05-2004, 04:35
Originally posted by heidi azalea
no comments, I also watched the match...hmmm goodie, 2 good news from football field ( another one is Milan won the scudetto ) :D
..
but u didn't see how we beat roma. :D i'll tell u a lil bit.
great escape by Kaka' from 2 roma defs surrounded him then delivered a perfect cross into the box. Sheva was unmarked and did a free header beyond pelizolli's reach. it was done inside 90 secs from the kick-off. :)
btw, my fav moment was when Rhino Gattuso (as always) cheers to the San Siro crowd during the match. wow! what an atmosphere!!!

Raul
03-05-2004, 10:09
Hey all. This is my first post here. The Derby game yesterday was a good win and puts us a point behind the white scum from down the road. However, you would thnk that 4-1 would make me happy, but i must say that i was disappointed. I know I may be sounding like the cliché Barça "square-head", as van Gaal once called us catalans, but is only 10 shots on target good enough from 22 attempts? I think not. I also think that we had some great chances to score more, iniesta especially and Davids should have laid the ball to his left instead of shooting. Maybe Im being picky, maybe its a sign of the times though that when Barça have these opportunites to score more goals Im somewhat upset when they dont do it, when a few months ago to win a game like this 2-1 would have been enough to keep me smiling for two weeks. I have started the "Keep Van Bronkhorst at Barcelona" Campaign on soccerage.com and I will extend it to here as well, for I believe that his performances in the second half of this season have shown the fans what an effective player he can be for us. This is even more remarkable when you consider his early form and the criticism aimed at him, for which I am guilty too, but i am sincere enough to admit he has proved me and everybody wrong with displays where he showed true dedication and fight to the cause. His defending in the early part of the season was heavily under the spotlight, but this has improved by the proverbial country mile and with it he has formed a stunning attcking partnership with Ronaldinho, often playing the side-kick, but still his efforts have not gone unnoticed; his assist for Kluivert in the Superclássico and his well taken goal in the Barcelona Derby yesterday, his first of the season. Thats all for now. Enjoy!

heidi azalea
03-05-2004, 21:01
Originally posted by Raul
Hey all. This is my first post here. The Derby game yesterday was a good win and puts us a point behind the white scum from down the road. However, you would thnk that 4-1 would make me happy, but i must say that i was disappointed. I know I may be sounding like the cliché Barça "square-head", as van Gaal once called us catalans, but is only 10 shots on target good enough from 22 attempts? I think not. I also think that we had some great chances to score more, iniesta especially and Davids should have laid the ball to his left instead of shooting. Maybe Im being picky, maybe its a sign of the times though that when Barça have these opportunites to score more goals Im somewhat upset when they dont do it, when a few months ago to win a game like this 2-1 would have been enough to keep me smiling for two weeks. I have started the "Keep Van Bronkhorst at Barcelona" Campaign on soccerage.com and I will extend it to here as well, for I believe that his performances in the second half of this season have shown the fans what an effective player he can be for us. This is even more remarkable when you consider his early form and the criticism aimed at him, for which I am guilty too, but i am sincere enough to admit he has proved me and everybody wrong with displays where he showed true dedication and fight to the cause. His defending in the early part of the season was heavily under the spotlight, but this has improved by the proverbial country mile and with it he has formed a stunning attcking partnership with Ronaldinho, often playing the side-kick, but still his efforts have not gone unnoticed; his assist for Kluivert in the Superclássico and his well taken goal in the Barcelona Derby yesterday, his first of the season. Thats all for now. Enjoy!
Welcome Raul alias sexyBarca ( in SA ): :sweeteye::sweeteye::sweeteye:! I've read your post and I thank you a lot for it...Nice to have you here.... More than I can express to you...:D:D:D

Raul
05-05-2004, 19:18
I just want to write today the same as I have posted on Soccerage. The debate is raging because of Chelseas's interest in Ronaldinho; who can blame them!? I just want to get it clear what the club and the directors etc have said, as people either dont know or have taken things out of context. Firstly, there is something that must be understood, which is central to the matter. Ronaldinho has a buy-out clause in his contract, it is FEF (Spanish football Association) law that every player in Spain must have a buy-out clause, and it is 100 million Euros, around £65 million. If the buy-out clause amount is met then the bid must be accepted and it then becomes up to the player if he wants to leave the club, or stay.

The barça personnel themselves have said the following: Joan Laporta; "There's a man called Abramovich who can spend as much money as he wishes and can buy anyone if he spends the right amount. Our club has financial difficulties and is in a difficult situation, but we do not want to sell Ronaldinho, why would we?"
(Seems quite clear cut to me)

Ferran Soriano; "There is no-one we couldnt buy, we have the money, even van Nistelrooy, except for those players that clubs dont want to sell, like Arsenal wont sell Henry and we wont sell Ronaldinho"
(Again, it sends the same message)

Sandro Rossell; "We dont want to sell Ronaldinho, we dont have to, the club has restructured its financial plan and made it more than viable. However, if his buy-out clause is met then it becomes a matter of personal choice for the player"

The Rossell quote has seemed to confuse some people. But no-where in there did he say, or did anyone say, "we want to sell Ronaldinho...come and bid for him". He was just being honest. I cant see the problem...please enlighten me?

The only quote that has been troublesome for my club is from Johan Cruyff, he said "The club have debts and selling Ronaldinho for 100 million euos would ease them signifficantly"

i can see the menace in that...but no-where else.

Thats all. Enjoy!

heidi azalea
05-05-2004, 22:17
Salutttttt !
well Raul, thank you again for the post...... well, I think some Milanisti and some ppl don't coming to this thread...how abt posting your opinion in this thread :
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16421
Enjoyyyyyy !

heidi azalea
05-05-2004, 22:51
Originally posted by Raul

The Rossell quote has seemed to confuse some people. But no-where in there did he say, or did anyone say, "we want to sell Ronaldinho...come and bid for him". He was just being honest. I cant see the problem...please enlighten me?

The only quote that has been troublesome for my club is from Johan Cruyff, he said "The club have debts and selling Ronaldinho for 100 million euos would ease them signifficantly"

i can see the menace in that...but no-where else.

Thats all. Enjoy!

Well Raul, I think and I hope Rossell didn't mean to sell Ronnie. Just my own feelings.. be cool and I think Ronnie will stay. Otherwise a big claimed-lives riot will happen in Barcelona.
Abt cruijf quote... Hmm personally I say I dislike him and not respecting him for what he said.... Sorry, but he always talked thrash.... He can't accept the fact that Ronnie10 will be the new phenomeno ( but Ronnie or whoever gr8 players playing in Barca will never make Cruijff being less gr8 as the legend ! ). IMO, if Kaka' playing in Barca, I think Cruijff also talked the same crap !*sigh*

rae
06-05-2004, 09:32
Hey, Raul.... welcome to :firedev:MM inferno:firedev:, enjoy ur stay...

heidi azalea
08-05-2004, 10:36
from soccerage.com....enjoyyyy !!!!
Liga Preview: Celta Vigo-Barcelona
05/07/2004. Background:

Two teams trying to rescue disappointing seasons will meet in Vigo on Saturday, as Celta hosts Barcelona. Celta were unable to cope with the combined pressures of the Champions League and their domestic schedule. As a result, Celta are now on the verge of relegation and will need to win this weekend to give themselves a realistic chance of avoiding the dreaded drop.

Barcelona started the season poorly and seemed destined for a mid-table finish. Fast-forward to present day and the Catalans are riding an 18 game unbeaten streak and look set to clinch a berth in next season's Champions League.

If History is an indicator, than Barca should struggle with Celta on Saturday. Barca have beaten Celta just once in their last nine meeting dating back to the 2000/2001 season.

Team News:

Celta:
Rogerio Vagner, Jesuli and Jandro are all out of the lineup due to injury. While, Berizzo and Angel Fernández are suspended.

Look for Sylvinho to fill in for Berizzo at center back.
Center back Pablo Contreras has been dropped from the lineup altogether because of his poor form.

Barca:
Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma will be out of action for up to three months as he is recovering from an operation after breaking a bone in his foot during last weekend's 4-1 win over city rivals Espanyol.

Carles Puyol is also injured and will not suit up for Barca.

Form Guide:

Celta:(D,D,W,W,L)
04/04/2004 Athletic Bilbao-Celta (Liga) 0-0
04/10/2004 Celta-Sevilla (Liga) 0-0
04/18/2004 Albacete-Celta (Liga) 0-2
04/25/2004 Celta-Osasuna (Liga) 1-0
05/01/2004 Atletico Madrid-Celta (Liga) 3-2

Barca:(W,D,W,W,W)
04/10/2004 Valladolid-Barcelona (Liga) 1-3
04/14/2004 Real Betis-Barcelona (Liga) 1-1
04/18/2004 Barcelona-Malaga (Liga) 3-0
04/25/2004 Real Madrid-Barcelona (Liga) 1-2
05/02/2004 Barcelona-Espanyol (Liga) 4-1

Probable Lineups:
Celta: Cavallero; Velasco, Méndez, Sylvinho, Juanfran, Giovanella, Luccin, Oubiña, Edú, G.López and Milosevic

Barcelona: Valdés; Reiziger, Oleguer, Cocu, Van Bronckhorst; Xavi, Motta, Davids; Ronaldinho, Saviola and Iniesta

Players To Watch:

Ronaldinho has been Barca's best player this season. When he's not scoring goals he's setting them up. Look for him to contribute offensively again this weekend.

Prior to last weekend's 3-2 loss to Atletico, Celta were riding a four match unbeaten run. If they are to continue to turn things around than striker Milosevic will need to elevate his game.

Daniel Fernandes

argo
09-05-2004, 15:54
Celta Vigo 1 - 0 Barcelona

Raul
11-05-2004, 20:25
No action on here for a while. I would like to know what everyone thinks of the possible signing of Belleti for barça from villareal?

The best thing that has happened was yesterday, the Spanish President, who is a Barça fan, said he views the Ronaldinho transfer rumours with "no zeal". I think it's great that finally Spain has a Barça supporting president! Back-handers welcome Señor presidente...dame la pasta de la gente española!

We have been linked with Ballack too, he says he wants to come to Barça and some official at barça has said we are looking at him, what do you think of him?

Hope to see more activity here sonn.

heidi azalea
13-05-2004, 23:26
Originally posted by Raul
No action on here for a while. I would like to know what everyone thinks of the possible signing of Belleti for barça from villareal?

The best thing that has happened was yesterday, the Spanish President, who is a Barça fan, said he views the Ronaldinho transfer rumours with "no zeal". I think it's great that finally Spain has a Barça supporting president! Back-handers welcome Señor presidente...dame la pasta de la gente española!

We have been linked with Ballack too, he says he wants to come to Barça and some official at barça has said we are looking at him, what do you think of him?

Hope to see more activity here sonn.


Sorry guys for being late... I'm busy thrashing stupid posts in SA...LOL:D
I know nothing abt Belletti... sorry
Hmmm I want Ronaldinho to stay, if that's true thing... I'm more than just happy :D
Ballack, I like him... he added up dimension to defence line by his rule as defensive midfielder... Good in air too....
Well, there're some stupid posts in Barca MB in SA said that they dislike valdez and any Barca GK and substitute them with Frey or Buffon :zany: But nowadays I think Valdez far more better than Casillas... he deserve the place as the starter in NT. Dun you think like that, eh raul ???
Who's the best in ur mind, Valdez or Casillas ????

ziedhane_razak
23-05-2004, 22:02
Heiii, i didn't know that there is an official thread for Barca supporter in MM. If i only had known sooner :rolleyes: . I also support Barca too. So allow me to give my first comment.

Congratulation to Barca for achieving the second spot on La Liga, despite their loss to Zaragoza. Let's hope Barca can perform much better on the next season:nasty:

rae
24-05-2004, 07:13
Originally posted by ziedhane_razak
So allow me to give my first comment.
You are always alowed to that here:tong:
Don't be too shy and timid posting here:D

!Cheers!
:cheers:

Raul
26-05-2004, 11:46
Welcome Ziedhane!! Its great that Barça finished second, but it's even better that Real slipped to fourth! Jajajajaja.

In the past two days we have transfer listed Cocu, kluivert, Reiziger and Overmars. this has caused quite a lot of debate on the soccerage message board. we are also in talks with Davids about his contract and possible signing with us, but the situation on this is unclear. Im just going to cut and paste my post from Soccerage, it sounds like a rant and a rave, but some of the people on the Soccerage board are "em toquis els collons" (touching my balls), but Enjoy anyhow. Oh, Catalunya played Brazil yesterday, we lost 5-2, but didnt have all of our available squad due to our best players being in the Spanish squad for portugal.

GRACIAS ENRIQUE ~~ Yeah I missed it, but hopefully my friend taped the game for me and it should be coming over here soon...thats if the post dont loose it. There are lots of Brazilian girls in Barcelona, actually there's lots of everything in Barcelona, it's hard to find Catalans sometimes. ~~~ WE DONT NEED COCU! He has gone, forget it, just forget it. Instead wait till we replace him. i heard the Ballack rumour again today, and to be honest, the more I think about Ballack the more i think he could be possitive for us. ~~~ The Davids thing has not been concluded yet. We have offered him a contract and Davids will give an answer this week. After the meeting with club officials, Davids's agent, Robert Geerling, said that although an agreement hadnt been agreed outright, the decision was in the hands of the player. ~~~ I think a lot of you are just scare mongoring. Dont get carried away PLEASE!!!!! ~~~ Kluivert, Overmars and Rieziger, we dont need them! Why...not just because they're Dutch, but because the first two have done nothing this season, especially Overmars, and although Reiziger has played well this season, we have signed Beletti, "the next Cafu". ~~~ i think clearing out the deadwood in our squad is a good thing. Its a new era, we need new faces and the old ones have to go. If you are all Barça fans you will shut up, back the board until you know fully what is going on!!! Enjoy!!!!

heidi azalea
26-05-2004, 21:10
Hi Raul! Selamat datang Zidhane !
To all Blaugranas, P!nK tints appeared again in this thread !
I'm happy that Puyol will be the next capitano for Barca... He should get that honour..... ENJOY !

(from soccerage.com)
Puyol To Be Barca's New Captain
05/26/2004. Carles Puyol will be the new captain of Barcelona after it was confirmed that Philip Cocu and Luis Enrique would be leaving the club.

"The captain must be a person who represents the team and its spirit," coach Frank Rijkaard told Marca. "He must be a person who communicates well with the press."

Puyol has been one of Barca's best performers over the last two seasons.
SA Europe

Catalans rockkkkkk...... Forca Puyol !:cheers:

XZeRo3003
27-05-2004, 00:53
Originally posted by Raul
Welcome Ziedhane!! Its great that Barça finished second, but it's even better that Real slipped to fourth! Jajajajaja.

In the past two days we have transfer listed Cocu, kluivert, Reiziger and Overmars. this has caused quite a lot of debate on the soccerage message board. we are also in talks with Davids about his contract and possible signing with us, but the situation on this is unclear. Im just going to cut and paste my post from Soccerage, it sounds like a rant and a rave, but some of the people on the Soccerage board are "em toquis els collons" (touching my balls), but Enjoy anyhow. Oh, Catalunya played Brazil yesterday, we lost 5-2, but didnt have all of our available squad due to our best players being in the Spanish squad for portugal.

GRACIAS ENRIQUE ~~ Yeah I missed it, but hopefully my friend taped the game for me and it should be coming over here soon...thats if the post dont loose it. There are lots of Brazilian girls in Barcelona, actually there's lots of everything in Barcelona, it's hard to find Catalans sometimes. ~~~ WE DONT NEED COCU! He has gone, forget it, just forget it. Instead wait till we replace him. i heard the Ballack rumour again today, and to be honest, the more I think about Ballack the more i think he could be possitive for us. ~~~ The Davids thing has not been concluded yet. We have offered him a contract and Davids will give an answer this week. After the meeting with club officials, Davids's agent, Robert Geerling, said that although an agreement hadnt been agreed outright, the decision was in the hands of the player. ~~~ I think a lot of you are just scare mongoring. Dont get carried away PLEASE!!!!! ~~~ Kluivert, Overmars and Rieziger, we dont need them! Why...not just because they're Dutch, but because the first two have done nothing this season, especially Overmars, and although Reiziger has played well this season, we have signed Beletti, "the next Cafu". ~~~ i think clearing out the deadwood in our squad is a good thing. Its a new era, we need new faces and the old ones have to go. If you are all Barça fans you will shut up, back the board until you know fully what is going on!!! Enjoy!!!!

Raul, Finally someone who agrees with me...

Yeah, Kluivert had his time, but it's long past (Milanistas know what Im talking about, you've got Inzaghi)
Overmars is most definitely replacable, we've got wingers, although I'd love to see Quaresma improve (where has he been recently, anyways? And I'd choose Luis Garcia Over Ovarmars any day now. Reizeger? He actually did something for us. He was great in defense, but definitelynot irreplacable. We've got Puyol and Gabri who can both play in his position. Plus, we have plenty of defenders and seeing Reizeger leave would mean more playing time for Marquez :wink:
;) .

Cocu... he also played very well. I've been following Marquez for years, and I always hoped he developed his offense like Cocu's. and I honestly think he could replace Cocu. I mean, he has a great long ball.

XZeRo3003
27-05-2004, 00:56
Originally posted by heidi azalea

Sorry guys for being late... I'm busy thrashing stupid posts in SA...LOL:D
I know nothing abt Belletti... sorry
Hmmm I want Ronaldinho to stay, if that's true thing... I'm more than just happy :D
Ballack, I like him... he added up dimension to defence line by his rule as defensive midfielder... Good in air too....
Well, there're some stupid posts in Barca MB in SA said that they dislike valdez and any Barca GK and substitute them with Frey or Buffon :zany: But nowadays I think Valdez far more better than Casillas... he deserve the place as the starter in NT. Dun you think like that, eh raul ???
Who's the best in ur mind, Valdez or Casillas ????



Right on Heidi, I agree. I mean, Valdez was able to take Recber Rustu's starting spot. yeah, I really think he is better than Casillas

heidi azalea
27-05-2004, 04:37
Originally posted by XZeRo3003
Overmars is most definitely replacable, we've got wingers, although I'd love to see Quaresma improve (where has he been recently, anyways?


Hi Kenny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally you're posting ur first post here ! :D
Kenny, Quaresma has injured in Real game ( plz Raul correct me if I'm wrong ! )and sidelined for the rest of this season... poor quaresma !
BTW....
Now I'm happy to see more ppl posting here !!!

heidi azalea
27-05-2004, 04:49
Originally posted by Raul
although Reiziger has played well this season, we have signed Beletti, "the next Cafu". ~~~ i think clearing out the deadwood in our squad is a good thing. Its a new era, we need new faces and the old ones have to go.


yeah.... I'm with you on clearing deadwoods matter...:D
Now I know who's Belletti....:D
but Puyol already 'another cafu' BTW....( when he's playing as RB ) :D
Raul, not seeing Mohammed anyway.... I feel I missed one crew of the deck !

ziedhane_razak
28-05-2004, 01:50
please remind me, how many CB that Barca have? I only remember marquez as the CB of Barca. With Cocu and Reiziger gone, any rumours about new CB for the backline?

I'm also grateful that Kluivert finally is on the transfer list. From what i've seen, he doesn't fit very well in the Barca 4-3-3 scheme. With kluivert gone, how many strikers that we have left?

heidi azalea
28-05-2004, 02:05
Originally posted by ziedhane_razak
please remind me, how many CB that Barca have? I only remember marquez as the CB of Barca.



Puyol is another one... :D

heidi azalea
28-05-2004, 02:08
Originally posted by ziedhane_razak
please remind me, how many CB that Barca have? I only remember marquez as the CB of Barca.



Puyol is another one... :D The numbers of CB i dun really sure....

Raul
28-05-2004, 18:30
Barça have Puyol; who is and will play at centre-back this season due to the signing of Beletti, Oleguer, Marquez, we also have Mario and Pique from the youth system who can play there...Gerard has played there before too.

Heidi..Valdes is better IMO, though Casillas has been the player who has been their inspiration this season; their Puyol if you like.

Yeah Heidi, Quaresma is injured, but i think he is scheduled to be back for the start of the la Liga season.

Sport has just reported that Giuly has signed for Barça, TV3, a catalan TV station broke the news. Im not sure he is right for Barça, but a good player nevertheless. I think Ballack, Luque and Trezeguet should be our priorities, and of course Davids too, but Rijkaard has plans and Im willing to put my faith in him.

Laporta said today that shirt sponsorship may not be an option anymore due to the fact that our economic performance has been so great this season. This is great news for me! I hope when I have a son he will be able to grow up and see the Barça shirt clean and free of sponsorship as sant jordi and God intended. ENJOY! :)

ziedhane_razak
30-05-2004, 06:43
I think Giuly would be a decent back up to Ronaldinho. Even though i never watch him play but according to a sportspaper in my country, Giuly has a good vision of a game and good ball distribution.

As for quaresma, let's hope that his injuries won't make him loose his skills.

Jim_UK
30-05-2004, 07:17
I don't see why Giuly would want to be back up to anyone. Frank must have an idea of playing them both somehow.

Raul, in the Daily Mirror (English newspaper), they said that Chelsea are preparing a £60 million bid for Ronaldinho ... just £7 million short of his get out clause. Now it's hard to imagine that (a) Barca would sell him (although £60 million is alot for anyone) and that (b) this is not just another piece of rubbish from a paper. With Chelsea seemingly linked to every top player around right now, it's difficult to tell which is just complete rubbish and which rumours have a grain of truth in them.

Also, if your after Trezeguet (or at least him saying he can't wait to move to the Nou Camp) where does that leave you with Luis Fabiano ? Oh and what news on Van der Vaart ?

Raul
30-05-2004, 12:20
ZIEDHANE, im not sure where Giuly will play. but im putting my faith in Rijkaard. You're a fan of Quaresma? Why do you like him? I think he is a very talented player, but thus far at barça he hasnt shown his true potential and has a lot to prove, not just to the fans but to Rijkaard too. I think it's a shame that he got injured though because I thought that Euro 2004 would have been a good platform for him to prove to everyone that he can do it at the highest level.

JIM, I am lucky enough to live in the UK, so i am familar with the daily Mirror. i think Chelsea can bid all they want for Ronaldinho. if the buy-out clause isnt met then the bid will be rejected, and if it is met then im sure that the player will reject it himself, so Im not worried.

The situation with Luis Fabiano is strange. at the moment we are talking with three maybe four strikers (Trezeguet, Luis Fabiano and Baptista, possibly another too), so the situation with each of them is never clear at all.

Van der Vaart was a clear favourite to join Barça at Christmas. However, since then speculation about him joining has cooled, partly due to Luis Garcia's amazing form. But you never know with Barça, so lets wait and see.

Jim_UK
30-05-2004, 15:07
hmm .. so you could be playing

Guily---Van der Vaart---Ronaldinho

--------Trezrguet/Fabiano-----------



very nice :cool:

However, i still hope Fabiano might go to Milan. I've also heard (now don't laugh at this because there may be more truth to it than you might imagine ;)) that Liverpool and Van der Vaart have closer links than people believe. It's unlikely to happen i admit, but you can't rule it out completely.

heidi azalea
31-05-2004, 00:52
can anyone gives reaction to this news ????:confused:
(from soccerage.com)
Barcelona Close In On Ballack
05/30/2004. Bayern Munich announced during the week that Michael Ballack will not leave the club but Barcelona are closing in on the German International.

The midfielder is on sale for 15 million euro but Barca are only prepared to spend 12 so it will depend on if the Bavarian side decide to accept the offer. In the meantime also Inter are trying to lure Ballack towards Italy so it looks like the next few weeks will be decisive for the deal.

SA Europe

Raul
02-06-2004, 15:20
For me Ballack would be a good signing...though the club, Bayern, are saying he isnt leaving, Barça are quite confidant of a deal before Euro 2004...once the representatives come back from Brazil.

ziedhane_razak
04-06-2004, 01:35
Originally posted by Raul
ZIEDHANE, im not sure where Giuly will play. but im putting my faith in Rijkaard. You're a fan of Quaresma? Why do you like him? I think he is a very talented player, but thus far at barça he hasnt shown his true potential and has a lot to prove, not just to the fans but to Rijkaard too. I think it's a shame that he got injured though because I thought that Euro 2004 would have been a good platform for him to prove to everyone that he can do it at the highest level.

JIM, I am lucky enough to live in the UK, so i am familar with the daily Mirror. i think Chelsea can bid all they want for Ronaldinho. if the buy-out clause isnt met then the bid will be rejected, and if it is met then im sure that the player will reject it himself, so Im not worried.

The situation with Luis Fabiano is strange. at the moment we are talking with three maybe four strikers (Trezeguet, Luis Fabiano and Baptista, possibly another too), so the situation with each of them is never clear at all.

Van der Vaart was a clear favourite to join Barça at Christmas. However, since then speculation about him joining has cooled, partly due to Luis Garcia's amazing form. But you never know with Barça, so lets wait and see.

why i like him? I first saw him when Barca went on a tour to USA last year. It was Barca's first game in the tour and he plays as the right winger (i think). His movement was marvelous, and that when i start to like his style of play

as for Ballack, i kept having the feeling that he is such an arrogant person, thus i can't say i'm happy if he really joins Barca. Maybe it's just my feelings. The only good thing in Ballack IMO is his powerfull shot from out of the box. Other that that, he is no bettter than xavi

Raul
04-06-2004, 04:13
Well, i think that Ballack is an arrogant player, but I think he has reason to be, he is by far the best player in the German league, plus every good player needs arrogance when they're on the pitch, though if he is arrogant off of it, overly i mean, then he will find trouble in barcelona. I mean the city itself, not just at the club. Us catalans are abit strange...we dont mind being arrogant ourselves, but if someone else is arrogant and disrespectful with it in our city, then we dont like them.

MilanDYNAMOVICH
04-06-2004, 04:42
Is it true that Barca and ACMilan are gonna play in August? If yes, please confirm where. Thanx.

Raul
04-06-2004, 13:38
Yes it's true...on the 25th August AC Milan will play Barça in the Trofeu joan gamper. Hopefully, I will be there!!!

Raul
04-06-2004, 13:39
At the Nou Camp!!!

ziedhane_razak
06-06-2004, 05:48
Originally posted by Raul
Well, i think that Ballack is an arrogant player, but I think he has reason to be, he is by far the best player in the German league, plus every good player needs arrogance when they're on the pitch, though if he is arrogant off of it, overly i mean, then he will find trouble in barcelona. I mean the city itself, not just at the club. Us catalans are abit strange...we dont mind being arrogant ourselves, but if someone else is arrogant and disrespectful with it in our city, then we dont like them.

every good player doesn't need to be arrogant, all they need to do is being charismatic and that will attract respect from your team mate en from the enemy:proud:

Raul
06-06-2004, 08:15
Originally posted by ziedhane_razak
every good player doesn't need to be arrogant, all they need to do is being charismatic and that will attract respect from your team mate en from the enemy:proud:

I disagree. When you're on the pitch you need a certain amount of arrogance and swagger. All the top quality forwards in the world, for example, are arrogant when they play. Without the arroance factor they would be boring and their ability wouldnt be enough.

heidi azalea
08-06-2004, 23:11
This news confirmly ends the speculations on Ronaldinho...ENJOY ! :D
Ronaldinho Improves Barca Contract
06/08/2004. Barcelona president Joan Laporta has signed the new Ronaldinho contract, in which the player had already printed his company/signature.

Laporta sealed the documents once the board of directors had given its approval to the contractual improvement decided with Ronaldinho during the president's recent trip to Brazil.

Ronaldinho's release clause will be 150 euros next season, 120 the following one, 100 the penultimate one and 80 million euros in the fifth and final season of his contract.
SA Europe

Raul
09-06-2004, 12:51
Originally posted by heidi azalea
This news confirmly ends the speculations on Ronaldinho...ENJOY ! :D
Ronaldinho Improves Barca Contract
06/08/2004. Barcelona president Joan Laporta has signed the new Ronaldinho contract, in which the player had already printed his company/signature.

Laporta sealed the documents once the board of directors had given its approval to the contractual improvement decided with Ronaldinho during the president's recent trip to Brazil.

Ronaldinho's release clause will be 150 euros next season, 120 the following one, 100 the penultimate one and 80 million euros in the fifth and final season of his contract.
SA Europe

I read this. What a good move by Laporta! People were doubting him when all this Ronaldinho speculation started, but in my opinion he has done nothing wrong at all when dealing with this. What do you lot who doubted laporta's brilliance have to say now!!??? Sorry would be a start.

Visca Joan Laporta...som els millors, i amb tu el president som, si és possibilitat, sempre jo ho sém més millor perquè que ets català!!!!!!! El cor del barça és el cor de Catalunya, ho-saps i aixó farim fem força!!!!

rae
11-06-2004, 09:43
Originally posted by Jim_UK
Guily---Van der Vaart---Ronaldinho

--------Trezrguet/Fabiano-----------

hohohohoho u r kiddin...Barca will get no VDV and no Fabiano:mad: :nasty:

Raul
11-06-2004, 10:00
Originally posted by rae
hohohohoho u r kiddin...Barca will get no VDV and no Fabiano:mad: :nasty:

Actually Rae, Jim_Uk wasnt that far wrong. We could get Van der vaart at a click of our fingers; his mother is catalana and he loves barça, but Im unsure if we want him.

The rest of the team is ours if we want them too. It seems that Barça can now get anyone they want. :)

rossoneroid
12-06-2004, 22:29
I heard that Milito will join the barca. I forgot the source. Is that true? Surely Barca is fav to win the la liga next season, not that poor old galacticos.

Raul
13-06-2004, 08:50
Originally posted by echo
I heard that Milito will join the barca. I forgot the source. Is that true? Surely Barca is fav to win the la liga next season, not that poor old galacticos.

I havent heard that rumour myself. Plus Barça do not need to but a centre-back.

Im not sure you can say that los gálacticos have no chance...a big problem they had was there defence, the other was a centre midfield 'pivote'; now they have signed Walter Samuel and are in talks with Xavi Alonso, so I think they will be strong next year.

heidi azalea
15-06-2004, 01:22
I just read this from SA.com....I wanna hear some comments
Larsson Wants Barcelona Move

06/14/2004.

Henrik Larsson has said publicly for the first time that he favours a move to Barcelona after leaving Celtic at the end of last season.

"I have given him [his agent Rob Jansen] a list of three teams where I would like to go, and my priority is Barca."


DL

heidi azalea
29-06-2004, 03:08
Just using wireless service at computer fair.....:D
well, I read through goal.com and this new is official.....
Unbelievable, Larsson is now at Barca !!!!
Now, just waiting Deco to come....as well yeah...:D
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=6495&idSez=17

rossoneroid
29-06-2004, 04:30
Too bad, Larsson too old, 33 years old but still kicking ass ...

Jim_UK
07-07-2004, 18:32
It seems a bit quiet on the vdv and guily transfer front for Barcelona. Nothing really has been mentioned about those 2 for a while now. I think now you have Deco, i doubt you'll go for either of those. I'd be surprised if you did anyway. Otherwise your midfield will surely be too similar with Ronaldinho, Deco and one other.

I didn't realise that Quaresma went to Porto in part exchange for Deco, i've not seen much of him but according to his Sporting Lisbon days he was alot better than Ronaldo. Injuries held him back in Spain, but lets see if he emerges now he's back home.

I hope Milan will keep an eye on him, it's been ages since we've had a real winger.

rossoneroid
07-07-2004, 22:32
I agree with you, Jim UK. Quaresma do some fancy dribbling overpass Kaladze in Milan USA match.

Jim_UK
09-07-2004, 15:12
I found out today that Guily has already gone to Barcelona and this happened ages ago. I was out of touch there :D

What a bargain for 7 million euros !!!! That's so cheap. So now they can have Ronaldinho, Deco and Guily playing behind Saviola and/or another striker. That has to be one of the best creative midfield's around. If they get a couple of better defenders and a decent defensive midfielder, then they could be very hard to stop.

cab
09-07-2004, 15:45
Don't get the wrong idea please, I am a Deportivo La Coruña supporter :cool:
Strange isn't it? a AC Milan fan cheering for Depor :nerd:

Anyway, Barca is creating a good squad for the next season, they have now: Beletti, Giuly, Deco, Larsson and today they are signing Sylvinho from Celta, he will replace Davids in the squad.
According to the president Laporta, Barcelona will try to sign another striker, the names of Luque (Depor), Fabiano (Sao Pablo) and Mista (Valencia) are in the air, but according to the newspapers Marca, As and Sport the signing could be a surprise to everybody :dazed:
Another thing that Barca wants it's a new central defender, the name of Millito arrived and also Bouma from PSV.

Raul
12-07-2004, 08:04
Ok, it has been a long time since I posted, hope you all didnt miss me too much :dielaugh: But Barça have been signing everyone. In my opinion, too many players and not enough space on the team sheet. We have Deco, Larsson, Sylvinho, Belletti and Giuly. And there will probably be more. This concerns me. What was wrong with last years squad? Ok, it wasnt perfect, and it did need some reinforcements, but the players we have signed are not the correct answers, for me. I want to trust Rijkaard, he proved last season that he is a very capable and intelligent trainer, and I do, but i just cant see where all these new signings fit in. laporta says that we need two players for every position, but surely we can bring in players from the cantera if we need cover, thats the idea of it, abd Barça do have one of the best cantera's in the world.

I have been talking to a few people, mainly a portuguese bloke I know who has just come back from Euro 2004. He says that Deco and Ronaldinho can play in the same team and we will be amazing next season.

Of course I would love to believe him, but its hard to see.

Sport makes a funny headline, "From six dutch (players), to five Brazilians". I remember some of you talking about this change in fashion to me last season, so well done all those that saw it. But will it make a difference? Really? Ok, it is great to say that we have a squad with five good brazilian players in it, but wasnt that the case when we had six holland players? I mean, they were world class then too. I can see it going the same way, if we start losing, or not playing well, then the press will only attack the Brazilian players, like the Dutch before them.

Is anyone else as concerned as me for the coming season?

Enjoy!

kris
12-07-2004, 08:46
What you needed the most left you, Davids. he is just the kind of player you need now as you are full of offensive midfielders. It wil be hard to find a replacement as most top players for that role are in top teams that have no intention to let them leave.

Jim_UK
12-07-2004, 17:42
I think at the moment you're a little unbalanced in the midfield area, alot of quality attacking midfielders, but not enough defensive ones. Obviously there is alot of time to change that, it's just that at present, you don't seem to be linked with many defensive players.

I really want to see how Ronaldinho, Deco and Guily will work together, i hope all 3 play at once. But as good as they'll be, i think opposing teams will be happy to face them, Deco in particular wouldn't fill me with confidence if he had to do some defending.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how things continue.

K77SH C
12-07-2004, 18:19
Barcelona is a club Iv always had a soft spot for :heart: , but they are acting like Inter. From Christmas onwards, they were great. They should have put their trust in the players who performed and found replacements for the likes of Davids and Kluivert (Whats happened to him by the way, he should be at his peak). It should have been a season of consolidation. But they seem to have decided they want everything now. There seems to be too many chiefs incharge of that club linking Barca with a new player every week. They dont have a single plan, rather a patchwork of different plans. As a Milan fan I cant complain as i was starting to fear them towards the end of last season.

XZeRo3003
17-07-2004, 13:06
I don't know if you guys have discussed this, but I heard Quaresma hasbeen sold to a portugese team, FC Porto if I'm not mistaken. I won't complain though. I loved Quaresma in the Preseason, when he played here in the US, but he failed to impress me much after that, though. but now we have DECO!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY, YEAH!!!!!!

Sylvihno, I don't know who he is, but I really don't care much, he's part of Barca, but I already had to remove Xavi from my line-up, I'm pretty disappointed.

I LOVE BARCA NOW!!!!!!

XZeRo3003
17-07-2004, 13:08
oh, NM, Xavi IS in my line-up

Raul
17-07-2004, 15:00
I don't know if you guys have discussed this, but I heard Quaresma hasbeen sold to a portugese team, FC Porto if I'm not mistaken...but now we have DECO!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY, YEAH!!!!!!

Its true. As part of the Deco deal, Quaresma has gone to Porto. This actually worked out quite well because Ricardo Quaresma actually said that he didnt want to return to Barça while Rijkaard was still the coach, plus it lowered the Deco cost.

XZERO, you dont know Sylvinho...you're an Arsenal fan and you dont remember him? He played for you before you sold him to Celta (de) vigo. Though I remember his name being spelt Silvinho when he was at Arsenal, but it is the same player.

Im quite discontented with Barça at the moment. We have bought badly and it looks like we are trying to sell Saviola when he is doing all he can to stay with us! Quite Stupid!

My team would probably look something like:

Valdes, Belletti, Puyol, Márquez, Sylvinho, Xavi, GvB (Pivote), Luis Garcia (Right), Deco (Left), Ronaldinho (Mediapunta), Saviola

rossoneroid
18-07-2004, 00:09
"If Catalan is a country then Barcelona is the army..." Bobby Robson

W.H.I
18-07-2004, 04:01
here a forum for Barca fans :coffee: , although it seem not very active forum :( . cause it quite new :dontkn:.
for barca Fans (http://www.barca-web.com)

Jim_UK
28-07-2004, 19:06
I don't know if it's finalised yet but you've also signed Edmilson from Lyon for aroun 8 million Euros.

How many Brazilians do you want ? :D

K77SH C
28-07-2004, 19:09
I dont see the point in this transfer. Just as I didnt see the point in man u signing gilberto. maybe they need to be told that not every brazilian is as good as Kaka :tong:

rossoneroid
28-07-2004, 19:14
Brasilian born to be a champion. No wonder clubs search for them.

ziedhane_razak
28-07-2004, 21:47
Who decide to buy who in Barca? Coz i want to tell him that his recent buys lately is totally dangerous for the sake of the Catalan Army. As far as i know, we already have six brazilian (including Edmilson), 1 mexican, and 1 argentinian. that is 8 Non-EU player, and u only get to field 3 non-EU player in La Liga. Look at last season, since Rijkaard chose to field Saviola, Dinho, and Marquez the result is Recber loosing his touch and spent a waste year at Barca. I mean, can the just look for a quality player that has european passport thus we can use them.

it is ok to use all of the brazilian in champions cup though :grinser:

argo
05-08-2004, 14:19
Ain't anybody here report Barca's friendlies in Asia?
Yesterday I saw the match Barca against Jubilo Iwata in Japan, live on TV.
Barca won 3-0
Larsson scored 2 and Luis Garcia scored 1.
but the most impressive player must be Ronaldinho. Several times he showed brilliant drives and blind-passes.

Sal
05-08-2004, 15:49
As far as i know, we already have six brazilian (including Edmilson), 1 mexican, and 1 argentinian. that is 8 Non-EU player, and u only get to field 3 non-EU player in La Liga. Look at last season, since Rijkaard chose to field Saviola, Dinho, and Marquez

Edmilson, Baletti, Saviola, Motta all have EU passports. Sylvinho will get one soon, so the 3 non eu players will be Ronaldinho, Maruez and Rustu. Rustu will probobly leave and free one more noneu place, and Etoo might take that one.

ziedhane_razak
08-08-2004, 22:34
i read in a tabloid in indonesia that real madrid is pursuing for puyol's signature. since real has half of eto'o's contract, they want uyol in exchange for eto'o. i say, neever buy eto'o if his buy will cost us our new captain. Real madrid must be a group of insane president, and please be noted that i'm not saying that their players are insane.

Jim_UK
13-08-2004, 17:52
Why can't you just give us (Liverpool) Garcia ? Why do you have to be so greedy ? :frustrat:

argo
13-08-2004, 18:07
:D more Spanish' taste, Jamie???

kris
14-08-2004, 16:30
oh, NM, Xavi IS in my line-up

You are not really serious about that lineup are you? It would be run over in every game, a regista and a playmaker in central midfield with two extremly offensive wingers. And a defender incapable of defending on the left...

XZeRo3003
23-08-2004, 23:03
I actually am aware of the mistakes I made on my lineup. My line-up was really an attempt to field my favorite eleven, rather than to play a realistic 11. However, now that you mention Edmilson, he can play in the centre midfield (as could Marquez), so I propose a few changes (not to mention the exit of Luis Garcia)....

WHY LUIS!?!?!??! Why did you have to LEAVE!?!?!?!?! You were BOUND to be a regular goal scorer, occasional forward, and GREAT winger, WHY DID YOU LEAVE??? Now you will be bound to mid-table mediocrity with Liverpool (although they have made some good purchases, as with Cisse)

Jim_UK
24-08-2004, 15:35
I'm not sure we'll be in the title race near the end of the season, but given time, i think Benitez will do well at Liverpool. Mid-table mediocrity ? I'm not sure about that. If Gerrard and Alonso combine as well as they can, then Liverpool will have one of the best centre midfield partnerships around. Add Garcia and Cisse to that and it starts to turn into a pretty decent attacking force. That's without Baros, Kewell and Nunez (although i don't know alot about him).

ziedhane_razak
31-08-2004, 09:06
I'm not sure we'll be in the title race near the end of the season, but given time, i think Benitez will do well at Liverpool. Mid-table mediocrity ? I'm not sure about that. If Gerrard and Alonso combine as well as they can, then Liverpool will have one of the best centre midfield partnerships around. Add Garcia and Cisse to that and it starts to turn into a pretty decent attacking force. That's without Baros, Kewell and Nunez (although i don't know alot about him).

Sorry to interupt guys, but this section of the forum is to discuss Barca.

Anyway, the La Liga is on and we won our first match. eto'o scored in his debut, could have scored a lot too. his movement in the front line is quite promising. i begin to like him cos his arrival don't cause us to loose Puyol.

SonOfBerlusconi
01-09-2004, 05:54
Sorry to interupt guys, but this section of the forum is to discuss Barca.

YEah, naughty naughty Jim_UK! - what were you thinking! :howler:

renault
15-09-2004, 09:27
[email protected]

Barcelona-Milan from 120€

mk18
15-09-2004, 14:23
FORZA BARCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... my no.2 team!!! great game vs celtic

mk18
15-09-2004, 14:27
by the way this is my favored lineup this season for barca... i was hoping wed get maniche and play him in xavis position in my lineup:

--------------------------------valdes------------------------------------

----belletti--------------puyol------------marquez/oleguer------gio--------

-------------------------edmilson(i think we shouldve got a better holder)--
--------------------------------------xavi--------------------------------

----------giuly--------------------deco-------------ronaldinho------------

------------------------------etoo/larsson--------------------------------



why didnt we go for a ball winner like maniche or emerson or even signed ballack??? he wouldve been great, i was hoping wed sign van bommel instead of edmilson too.

FORZA MILAN.... :1ole: ... VISCA EL BARCA

mk18
18-09-2004, 17:41
ok... weve been looking great so far but this seems to be the hardest match of the season up til now. im expecting a win eventhough, i hope frank plays with this lineup:

---------------------------------valdes-----------------------------------

------belletti----------puyol(c)------------marquez---------gio------------

------------------------------edmilson/gerard----------------------------------------------------------------------xavi-----------------------------

------------giuly---------------deco----------------ronaldinho-------------

------------------------------------etoo/larsson--------------------------


prediction: atletico madrid 0-2 barcelona ... goals comiong from etoo, and giuly

XZeRo3003
18-09-2004, 22:01
by the way this is my favored lineup this season for barca... i was hoping wed get maniche and play him in xavis position in my lineup:

why didnt we go for a ball winner like maniche or emerson or even signed ballack??? he wouldve been great, i was hoping wed sign van bommel instead of edmilson too.

FORZA MILAN.... :1ole: ... VISCA EL BARCA

Awww, man, I think Xavi's kicking A$$ this season. I don't think we need to replace him, even if we did have Maniche, Xavi is in pretty good form, much younger than Maniche and is still developing at an amazing pace.

And about Edmilson, I'm VERY satisfied with his signing. I really like our team this year, We're VERY strong both down back and up front. And with players like Edmilson, Marquez, Gerard, and even Xavi, the team has a very good balance and these players do an Excellent job Recovering balls in the midfield.

From what I've seen, Edmilson IS a great ball recoverer. Not only can he recover balls but he plays very offensively for a defender. Of course his offence is not like Maniches, but he, like Marquez, can send some Amazing balls up front. I've seen him assist goals from Center Defense.

----------------------------Valdez------------------------------
--------------------Puyol-----------Marquez---------------------
----Beletti----------------------------------------GIO V B-----
-----------------Edmilson---------------Xavi-------------------
--Guily---------------------------------------------------Deco--
--------------------------Ronaldihno----------------------------
------------------------------Eto'o-------------------------------

Shmikes
19-09-2004, 05:21
I watched the game against Celtic on Tuesday and Barca were totally awesome, Ludovic Giuly is an amazing player, I have rated him highly in the past but now he is in a tougher league and this guy is just a little rocket, I really think Milan could have done with a player like that, give us a bit variation. I believe Larrson must be first choice, he will score countless goals, he is proving that already. The only concern for Barca is their defence, can they hack it against the best in Europe, Puyol is fantastic but Im not too sure bout the rest. I know Im gonna get slated for this but I really don't rate Deco, even though he scored a peach against Celtic and won CL last year.

mk18
19-09-2004, 16:31
deco is probably the greatest passer in the world today along with pirlo and followed by ronaldinho and xavi. tho he did have a bad game vs atletico and i think rijkaard shouldve put iniesta instead of him and not ronaldinho.

edmilson is too slow i belive, im not saying hes bad but if ur looking for a DM then u should gone fore some1 better and there are many that are better, like emerson!

i agree xavi si doing great and along with giuly hes our most inform player today. but only recently have i seen him win balls like today.

as for the defence, i think barca are fine but marquez and oleguer worry me, but theyre doing great, however the back line looked dead when torres scored, van bronkhorst is just amazing i love him, his 1st goal shouldve counted BTW there was nothing wrong with it.

STEVE45
20-09-2004, 18:36
I think Barca have got a really exciting side this year and I cant wait for the CL games agianst Milan. I must admit I'll be interested to see how strong they are at the back when they play against the very best sides in Europe but going forward they'll be dangerous, as they showed at Celtic Park. I think Deco is certainly a talented player although I'd like to see a little more consistency from him, he can be frustrating at times and brilliant at others. Giuly is a fantastic player and a really good signing and he seems to be getting better and better. Eto and Larsson are both capable of scoring lots of goals and what can you say about Ronaldinho? he's just mesmerising sometimes isn't he. Such a shame about Motta though, I really like him as a player and I think he'll be missed.

Hopefully it'll be Barca's year in Spain this time.

mk18
21-09-2004, 15:50
i was hoping for maniche.. im not too sure about motta and 'ed'... and i always thought it would be wiser to keep luis garcia!!!

XZeRo3003
25-09-2004, 17:10
----------------------------Valdez------------------------------
--------------------Puyol-----------Marquez---------------------
----Beletti----------------------------------------GIO V B-----
-----------------Edmilson---------------Xavi-------------------
--Guily---------------------------------------------------Deco--
--------------------------Ronaldihno----------------------------
------------------------------Eto'o-------------------------------

For the Record, this is the team that beat Zaragoza 4-1. This Line-up Is soo good, I love it!

Really, I see no problem with Barcelona's defense. Torres' goal was very lcuky, and Barca's defence were well stood, but a bit surprised. But Now Rijkaard wants to Rotate player, which means that Gabri Sylviho and Oleguer will play half of the games. I think Barca's defense will definitely be able to compete against Europe's top teams.

mk18
25-09-2004, 18:39
i shouldve said this ebfore but its never too late... for the barca 4-1 zaragoza game i think edmilson played a great match, same goes to xavi and gio and marquez... these 4 get the highest votes i think. etoo did great to erase that mistake he made and ronnie is returning to his best, as for giuly he was less effective but worked hard and deco lost too many balls i think, he usually doesn better but he won alot too. belletti had a nice game so did puyol.

good luck boys vs mallorca

XZeRo3003
27-09-2004, 00:01
And yet another kick ass performance by my beautiful Barcelona. And a great performance by Eto'o. Larsson missed AT LEAST 3 shots, I was pretty disappointed, although I truly never liked him anyways. Eto'o was great, giving a few assists (That LARSSON MISSED), scoring a PK, then scoring a GREAT goal.

Valencia up top with Barca, still winning by Goal difference, Real Madrid Tenth I think (Loss to BILBAO, YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!), Osasuna 4th I beleive (Led by Former Mexican National Coach Javier Aguirre), and the rest I dunno.

Today I learned a few things. Firstly, it is very obvious that Deco is in poor form. Didn't create much, was lost a lot of the time, but as soon as he rises to top form, OMG, I cannot even IMAGINE!!! Ronaldihno, on the other hand, in my opinion is undoubtedly the best ball passer in the world, next to probably Kaka. Well, Kaka is great, but Ronnie is GLORIOUS. Xavi is simply amazing. Anytime he has the ball he's dangerous. Beletti Is really frikking fast. We miss LUIS GARCIA!!!!!!!!!

rae
27-09-2004, 08:20
I do not write here often, but now I want to share my happines with ya all - real is becoming team who needs some rest in Europe cuz they can not cope with the problems they face in Espana...

!Go on Real, we are waiting for ur degradation!

mk18
27-09-2004, 14:35
the best passer of the ball i think is pirlo! ... wow... PINPOINT! i only got to watch the first 30mins of that match... the larsson goal only! screw economics and exams!

XZeRo3003
15-10-2004, 01:22
the best passer of the ball i think is pirlo! ... wow... PINPOINT! i only got to watch the first 30mins of that match... the larsson goal only! screw economics and exams!

Na dude. Ronnie #1, Kaka #2

Where are my Barca PEOPLES!!!!! come on y'all, we about to break Milan!

ziedhane_razak
24-10-2004, 02:02
Na dude. Ronnie #1, Kaka #2

Where are my Barca PEOPLES!!!!! come on y'all, we about to break Milan!
As much as i like to admit that i support Barca, but if you ask me to break milan that i've got to say, no can do amigo. Milan is my #1 fav club and Barca is my #2 fav club.

for someone who confess to be a Barcelonistas, you shouldn't have put the RVN pic as your avatar. You should change it to Eto'o, hahahaha LOL... just kidding dude, don't take it personally

Haroon
24-10-2004, 03:00
Na dude. Ronnie #1, Kaka #2

Where are my Barca PEOPLES!!!!! come on y'all, we about to break Milan!

:howler:

:devs: I love it when my team is under-rated and proves the doubters wrong. :devf:

hwmook
24-10-2004, 03:36
:cpuke: Na dude. Ronnie #1, Kaka #2

Where are my Barca PEOPLES!!!!! come on y'all, we about to break Milan!

i thought somebody say he is a AC Milan fan. then become arsenal fan, now barca fan. so amusing :grinser:

i wonder what kind of fan is this. only support a team when its on top and switch support as soon as they are down. what is the next team u support? Inter or chelsea or who's next.

i have got no :respect: at all for these kind of fans. :cpuke:

XZeRo3003
25-10-2004, 11:08
:cpuke:

i thought somebody say he is a AC Milan fan. then become arsenal fan, now barca fan. so amusing :grinser:

i wonder what kind of fan is this. only support a team when its on top and switch support as soon as they are down. what is the next team u support? Inter or chelsea or who's next.

i have got no :respect: at all for these kind of fans. :cpuke:

Actually, I've been supporting Arsenal, Milan, AND Barcelona since I started watching European football, which was about two years ago. Milan is my favorite Serie A team, Arsenal is my favorite EPL team and Barca is my favorite Liga Team.

And to tell you the truth, last year Milan was not my favorite of all three even though they won the scudetto. Arsenal entered a great winning streak, but more importantly, Barca signed my favorite player, Rafa Marquez. And despite the fact that they were losing for the first half of the season, I stuck by Rafa dinho and the rest (Just check out my history, you'll find your proof there).

Except I wasn't coming to MM and Saying "YES! Forca BARCA! They lost to Osasuna!"

Now Marquez gained the respect of Rijkaard,and is a much more common starter than before, while Barca's squad was revolutionised with new players like Eto'o, Giuly, Belletti and Edmilson. So how can you expect me not to support Barca when my favorite player is playing on one of the greatest squads?

BTW, I still support Milan too, but When they play Barca, I'm for Barca

OOHHHH, which reminds me... You don't want giuly back for the return leg at Camp Nou... no no no you don't want that....

XZeRo3003
25-10-2004, 15:46
Larsson and Deco can go, but if the rest stay on the starting line-up, that should be enough to cause a lot of danger up front. If Eto'o and Dinho see good games against Getafe and Bilbao, then Milan better watch out for them, because they have started creating a lot of football together

argo
25-10-2004, 17:23
:cpuke:

i thought somebody say he is a AC Milan fan. then become arsenal fan, now barca fan. so amusing :grinser:

i wonder what kind of fan is this. only support a team when its on top and switch support as soon as they are down. what is the next team u support? Inter or chelsea or who's next.

i have got no :respect: at all for these kind of fans. :cpuke:
in the next 5 years he will quit football at all. :D




:rotfl:

Jeff
25-10-2004, 17:39
Larsson and Deco can go, but if the rest stay on the starting line-up, that should be enough to cause a lot of danger up front. If Eto'o and Dinho see good games against Getafe and Bilbao, then Milan better watch out for them, because they have started creating a lot of football together

I thought that's what people thought before the game in San Siro hahahhaaha

Jim_UK
25-10-2004, 17:50
Garcia is playing really well lately for Liverpool ... thanks for selling him to us :D

Nata
25-10-2004, 19:41
He is he had an awsome goal the other day.

XZeRo3003
26-10-2004, 13:39
Garcia is playing really well lately for Liverpool ... thanks for selling him to us :D

dude, I was so sad when I heard he was leaving. Barca would have been better with him, but I'm glad to hear that he's an unquestioned starter, he deserves it. I don't think he would have gotten that at Barca

Jim_UK
26-10-2004, 13:58
I think Beni sees Garcia as the link man between the midfield and the strikers ... like Aimar was for Valencia. Although i think i'd prefer to see him on the right wing. That way we'd be able to have Cisse and Morientes up front (if we can get him).

Stezagud
26-10-2004, 15:55
Garcia nearly scored a Van Basten style supervolley in the Charlton game too :respect:

One thing i noticed about him is how he seems to play so much better at Anfield than in away games, perhaps because he gets a lot more space to play in.

ilgenio
26-10-2004, 21:19
Garcia nearly scored a Van Basten style supervolley in the Charlton game too :respect:

One thing i noticed about him is how he seems to play so much better at Anfield than in away games, perhaps because he gets a lot more space to play in.

You beat me to this Steza. It was almost 1988 revisited, cause that MvBesque volley from Luis Garcia was just a whisker away from hitting the net! :eekani: Rafa had Aimar at Valencia, and Luis Garcia is Liverpool's Aimar.

The Spaniards whom Benitez brought in have settled very well to EPL, particularly Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia, but the lack of cover upfront may very well hurt Liverpool's chances for silverware this season.

ilgenio
28-10-2004, 08:42
Viva Gramanet!!! :proud: :pp20:

:1ole:

XZeRo3003
29-10-2004, 14:29
OMG, I'm finally going to be able to watch a good CL match-up!!! ESPN is showing Barcelona vs. Madrid on tuesday! Lucky Lucky me! WWWOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Anyways, if my dad's PC is connected to the satellite by then, then I'll have the match on my dad's computer, not to mention on the internet, in no time. Wowey Wowey Wowey...

Nata
29-10-2004, 15:08
LoL, Barca out.

XZeRo3003
31-10-2004, 10:31
LoL, Barca out.

hey, shut it! I personaly don't (and never did) beleive that it is coincidence that four first division teams lost. I've always thought the cups are crap, and I don't know if this is true or not, but it seems that people really don't care about it as much as the league. AND I'm NOT saying this to suggest ANYTHING about Barca, this is simply what I've always beleived

Except for the FA Cup, it seems that maybe people do care about that cup

Nata
31-10-2004, 11:36
So...ur saying that they juss play for fun..and with no purpose to win anything? :confused:

argo
31-10-2004, 12:50
OMG, I'm finally going to be able to watch a good CL match-up!!! ESPN is showing Barcelona vs. Madrid on tuesday! Lucky Lucky me! WWWOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Anyways, if my dad's PC is connected to the satellite by then, then I'll have the match on my dad's computer, not to mention on the internet, in no time. Wowey Wowey Wowey...
What?? barcelona vs Madrid on CL? :dontkn:
Here every weekend one of local TV station broadcast Barca's game in La Liga, live and free, no satellite.. but I never paid much attention.. :D

XZeRo3003
01-11-2004, 10:52
So...ur saying that they juss play for fun..and with no purpose to win anything? :confused:

No, I'm saying that teams prioritze other things, like the league and CL, over the cup. In fact, the FA came out on an attack last year because many teams were sending out their reserves for the FA cup. They thought it was disrespectful to the organisation because they acted as if the FA cup was not too important. And I just remembered that incident right now, but it's a true story, can anyone here can back me up on this...? :p286: :p286: :p286:

Stezagud
01-11-2004, 11:07
In fact, the FA came out on an attack last year because many teams were sending out their reserves for the FA cup. They thought it was disrespectful to the organisation because they acted as if the FA cup was not too important. And I just remembered that incident right now, but it's a true story, can anyone here can back me up on this.

yeah, that happened, the FA Cup used to be as big as any other trophy to English teams but now the big teams focus more on the Champions League and Premier League because they are more prestigious Internationally.

The smaller teams play weakened teams too though, I think it was Bolton that put a load of reserves out and prompted the FA to speak out. This is because to teams fighting in the relegation battle it is far more important financially to stay in the Premiership rather than go on a decent cup run. Dropping out of the Premiership costs teams about £20m in lost revenues so they dont want to risk that money if they can help it.

XZeRo3003
03-11-2004, 17:26
Fc Barcelona = Ronaldinho

Stezagud
03-11-2004, 17:49
hard to disagree with that, when he plays well, Barca play well...

Nata
03-11-2004, 18:54
LoL..so true..I wonder what they'd be without Ronaldinho :grinser:

mk18
03-11-2004, 19:20
actually when ronaldinho was missing at the start of the season they had a 100% record... but we all agree he just gives them that extra touch of magic!

XZeRo3003
06-11-2004, 00:30
actually when ronaldinho was missing at the start of the season they had a 100% record... but we all agree he just gives them that extra touch of magic!

Yeah, it's definitely different than last year. last year (second half of the season) Ronaldinho's presence on the pitch would define the outcome, Barc were completely different with him. This year, the squad is rejuvenated, the dutchies are out, and they only need one person to be in top form to have a great game. But yes, Ronaldinho can change the outcome of a game with one move.

rossoneroid
20-11-2004, 22:04
They won 3-0 at Derby Superclassico, congrats. The cameras at Nou Camp stadio is very class, shoot every moment the player had at the pitch. Two thumbs for the Spain TV Channel.

peters
20-11-2004, 22:53
What a game they displayed tonight! Running, closing the players, always pouring forward intensively and stealing the ball before Real could get it over the middle. UAU. As a milan fan, i envy them that kind of football displays. Everyone who likes intensive football should see at least the first half. If they keep up the form, noone can stop them from winning la liga. Luckily, we and probably other teams too can beat them in CL :)

XZeRo3003
21-11-2004, 03:36
What a game they displayed tonight! Running, closing the players, always pouring forward intensively and stealing the ball before Real could get it over the middle. UAU. As a milan fan, i envy them that kind of football displays. Everyone who likes intensive football should see at least the first half. If they keep up the form, noone can stop them from winning la liga. Luckily, we and probably other teams too can beat them in CL :)

Not many though. Don't Forget Milan and Barca are each 1 for 2 ;) :w262: :r7: :lala: :hmmm:


:ende: I love the way the word "Yeah" is so wrong there

heidi azalea
22-11-2004, 03:23
They won 3-0 at Derby Superclassico, congrats. The cameras at Nou Camp stadio is very class, shoot every moment the player had at the pitch. Two thumbs for the Spain TV Channel.
Yeahhhhhh ! I was also watching the live match exclusively by ASTRO Supersports....wow, the first goal from Eto'o simply hillarious.... :hihihi: I can't believe that Roberto Carlos and Iker Casillas made a worst blunder I ever saw in any matches.:p286:But it's happened and made by a big club galacticos..lol... :delol:

almilan
23-11-2004, 06:18
watch barca real saturday night. barca were in a different class to real. milan barca champions league final?

peters
23-11-2004, 10:46
could be. But honestly, i wouldn't want to meet them.

Henrik
23-11-2004, 11:05
could be. But honestly, i wouldn't want to meet them.
That would be a classic final, but Juve and Chelsea also look strong this year.

rae
23-11-2004, 11:10
That would be a classic final, but Juve and Chelsea also look strong this year.
no way, regarding last two games ACM - Barca final would be boring comparing to MUFC - Chelski or ACM - Juve ;)

XZeRo3003
23-11-2004, 20:45
no way, regarding last two games ACM - Barca final would be boring comparing to MUFC - Chelski or ACM - Juve ;)

Can't be more boring than Milan - Juve in 2002 Final.

MUFC - Chelski, IMO, would be pretty boring because I see it evry year at least two times, sometimes more. Milan - Barca is a historical match-up, a Repeat of 1994 Final, and a chance for revenge.

I think both Milan and Barca are evolving spectacularly, If they do meet, I do expect a great match. Every week both of these teams are changing a lot.

BTW, speaking of that final, Natasa told me some AMAZING things about Savicevic. I'd never even heard of him before Nata came here, and now I respect the man, It sounds like he did a whole lot for Milan when he could. Oh and I hate Cappello's Guts now.

rae
24-11-2004, 09:27
Milan - Barca is a historical match-up, a Repeat of 1994 Final, and a chance for revenge.

What revenge?! We won so it is not a revenge :lala:

BTW, speaking of that final, Natasa told me some AMAZING things about Savicevic. I'd never even heard of him before Nata came here, and now I respect the man, It sounds like he did a whole lot for Milan when he could. Oh and I hate Cappello's Guts now.
Yeah, My Natita, she is always the same :proud:

XZeRo3003
25-11-2004, 02:36
What revenge?! We won so it is not a revenge :lala:


I'm confused here, cuz if you were trying to make a joke out of it it didn't work, I said a CHANCE for revenge, and I didn't say WHO would be getting their revenge :hammer:

Yeah, My Natita, she is always the same :proud:
YOUR Natitia?
ummm, I don't see your name anywhere on her ( OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SNAPS!)
:whie:

You're alright Rae, you're alllllright.... :cheers:

rae
25-11-2004, 03:44
YOUR Natitia?
ummm, I don't see your name anywhere on her ( OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SNAPS!)
:whie:
Hey hey, relax man, calm down... otherwise :punch: :nunu:

Btw, yesterday barca was not a team which can be a storng challenger to win UCL ... poor second half made me a view of cluster of football stars but not a team... :hmmm:

:de3: Milan Siamo Noi :de3:

XZeRo3003
25-11-2004, 03:50
Hey hey, relax man, calm down... otherwise :punch: :nunu:

Btw, yesterday barca was not a team which can be a storng challenger to win UCL ... poor second half made me a view of cluster of football stars but not a team... :hmmm:

:de3: Milan Siamo Noi :de3:

Neither was Milan when they played Barca... but does that mean they're not strong challengers for the title?

I didn't watch the game, but if Barca did not play, like you said, as a team, then that match was an offday. If I have noticed ANYTHING from their recent games is that they have been playing MORE like a team.

rae
25-11-2004, 03:57
Well, not exactly... barca showed class in first half but just before the whistle about 8 or 5 minutes Celtic felt that they can play also... so they done a score....
however that moment was not a accident -- Celtic dominated [a bit too strong word but...] almost entire second half untill the end came.... and when barca realised where they were playin and started desperately score a goal however... they failed :tong:

XZeRo3003
25-11-2004, 04:20
I just thought you were suggesting that Barca does not look like a side to contest the CL, and I was about to go CRAZY...

Anyways, I wish I had watched the match to comment on it, but I didn't, so all I could say is that although both teams progressed to the next round, Barca would REALLY like that first place, and the only way it could happen is with a Milan defeat and a Barca Victory, so we'll have to wait two more weeks to see how that turns out, but a Milan defeat seems VERY unlikely

peters
25-11-2004, 11:39
Barca controls the game, but their finishing is weak. And that is going on for a while now... yesterday they had 20-2 shots on goal, but the score was 1-1. If they had 5 more shots, it would be 2-1 :)

Sheva7_Evo
25-11-2004, 19:18
if barca plays like they did in the first 35mins against celtic, they'll be hard to beat. ronaldinho played like 5 backheels, all finding their mark!!!
i can't imagine teams or players who can contend with that attack... hang on, they could'nt get past a guy called Stam!!!!

XZeRo3003
26-11-2004, 19:52
if barca plays like they did in the first 35mins against celtic, they'll be hard to beat. ronaldinho played like 5 backheels, all finding their mark!!!
i can't imagine teams or players who can contend with that attack... hang on, they could'nt get past a guy called Stam!!!!

Well, I agree. This Barca would have a hard time getting past Stam. BUT, by the time Champion's league resumes in 2005, Stam will be back, but Barca will also have new players. Actually, it seems that we will have 2 new players.

1. A new defensive Midfielder - Barca had a stern eye on Alessio Tachiannardi, but Juve is playing down his transfer

2. A new striker - the immediate reaction was that Barca would go for Saviola, but it seems unlikely that his loan will be cut short by half a season.

New rumor suggests Tommasson would be a nice transfer for the winter. Barca is working that deal out as we speak

Regardless, we can't make any assumptions yet, we don't know how the team will change in '05

peters
27-11-2004, 10:13
I also heard rumors about JDT's possible move to Barca. In that case, we will surely get new striker, wont we?

MIRZA
29-11-2004, 07:00
Barca is becoming new Real Madrid, with all stars they have and they would like to buy more new stars.
That is bad for them because every of that stars wont to be player No.1 for team, and they become very selfish.
That is bad for them but good for other teams.... :firedev: :firedev: :firedev:

Jeff
29-11-2004, 19:10
I also heard rumors about JDT's possible move to Barca. In that case, we will surely get new striker, wont we?

In what case?

peters
29-11-2004, 19:18
In case of milan selling JDT to barca. Another rumor, barca might be watching anelka...

XZeRo3003
06-12-2004, 19:39
Barca is becoming new Real Madrid, with all stars they have and they would like to buy more new stars.
That is bad for them because every of that stars wont to be player No.1 for team, and they become very selfish.
That is bad for them but good for other teams.... :firedev: :firedev: :firedev:

Barca isn't just getting stars though. I mean, over the summer they off-loaded a LOT of their first team players to bring in this new revolutionized Barca. This Winter they are buying new players, but if it weren't for the injuries they would have never even considered it. And I don't think barca is getting too many starts. Real Madrid focuses on getting like the #1 players in the world. Barca is a little more clandestine about it. They way Laporta has been driving Barca, I don't think he's going to change the team much than this. I think he'll stick to a squad once he gets the right formula.

XZeRo3003
02-01-2005, 16:49
Boy am I glad we have Eto'o. He's much better than Ruud

mk18
02-01-2005, 17:22
i told u all how great etoo is.. long time no speak kenny... where have ya been?!

XZeRo3003
02-01-2005, 18:54
I was skiing for a while. But I'm hanging out a lot at BM forums. And I'm here too, but I've just been messing with the Mancs a lot. damn stubborn Mancs

heidi azalea
28-01-2005, 11:00
Barca is becoming new Real Madrid, with all stars they have and they would like to buy more new stars.
That is bad for them because every of that stars wont to be player No.1 for team, and they become very selfish.
That is bad for them but good for other teams.... :firedev: :firedev: :firedev:

And Mirza, I'm happy that Demi and Maxi are now Blaugranas. :27rr:

XZeRo3003
22-03-2005, 18:43
Uefa Charge Chelsea
3/21/2005 9:38:00 PM
Chelsea have been hit by threat of expulsion from the Champions League after being accused by Uefa of purposely telling lies about Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard and referee Anders Frisk.
The club, along with manager Jose Mourinho, his assistant Steve Clarke and security official Les Miles were all charged with bringing the game into disrepute for making "false, wrong and unfounded allegations" that Rijkaard met with Frisk during half-time of Chelsea's Champions League tie with Barcelona at the Nou Camp last month.

Chelsea won the second leg 4-2 to progress to the quarter-finals, but now face a serious charge from Uefa, which could result in serious penalites.

Uefa chief, Gaillard explained: "They were basically using lies as a pre-match tactic. They were trying to qualify for the next round by putting pressure on referees and officials through false statements.

"They were ready to use disloyal methods and, frankly, this is totally and completely unacceptable."

He added: "I can categorically state that this alleged meeting (between Rijkaard and Frisk) did not happen.

"There is a clear contradiction in Chelsea’s complaint. They say Clarke and Miles saw the meeting but we know by looking at the architecture that from where they were they could not have seen anything.

"Then Mr Mourinho says in a signed article he says he was the one who saw it.

"What we do know from the reports from the referee and the venue director is that Mr Mourinho came out of the Chelsea dressing room and shouted in a quite aggressive way at Anders Frisk: ’Can I also come into your dressing room!"’

Referee Frisk has since retired from officiating after receiving death threats.

This might allow Barca to reenter the champion's league IF UEFA decides to disqualify Chelsea from the competiton. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Stezagud
23-03-2005, 11:24
doubt it mate, even Rijkaard has said he doesnt want them thrown out, most probably a fine and touchline bans for some of the management.

That said, there may be more to this than meets the eye :cool:

mk18
20-04-2005, 06:59
if barca want to be almost perfect i think they should go and sign the following players

frey from parma, a DM like van bommel and a CB (but not neccessary) like chivu

ac_milan_foreva
24-04-2005, 11:35
hmm... barca thread? AHHHHH

XZeRo3003
14-05-2005, 02:08
if barca want to be almost perfect i think they should go and sign the following players

frey from parma, a DM like van bommel and a CB (but not neccessary) like chivu

NAAA man I figured it out last night....

OK, check this... Van Bommel on free Transfer, and we get an easily accessible yet well-proven left-back, like Del Horno, sell Belleti and one of the left-backs, either would do fine, and we'd have this....

-----Marquez--Edmilson-----
Puyol------------------Horny
--------Van Bommel---------

Gabri a sub for RB, Oleguer for CB and RB, Navarro for CB and LB, the return of Oscar Lopez as sub for LB and either Gio or Sylvo subbing for LB

Finally Motta and Gereard could be subs for VB

We'd end up making a profit while strengthening the squad.

mk18
14-05-2005, 17:26
congratulations Barca!!! ... Campione D'espagna ... Visca El Barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Shomo
15-05-2005, 15:03
[B] Congratulations to Barcelona and their wonderful players,they really deserve it,am glad that those so called galacticos or should los patheticos haven't made against sevilla

mk18
15-05-2005, 18:35
i wish real did win vs sevilla it wouldve been nicer if barca clinched it on home soil!

rae
16-05-2005, 03:17
Yea, thanx God real havent win it.... Barca deserved it... and i am very happyy to see Villarreal [Forlan, Jose Mari] in the top three... also happy that Deportivo [:yuck:] will not participate in european tournaments next season... hahahahaah

almilan
17-05-2005, 02:43
well done to barca the 2nd best team in europe after us in my opinion. we would be playing them in the final if the incompent collina had not allowed chelseas goal in the last min which involved taking out the barca keeper.

they are great to watch ryjkard has done a great job

heidi azalea
17-05-2005, 09:57
:5chore: :5chore: :5chore:
:respect:
Visca Barca !!!!!! Congratulations to them all. I'm happy that Barca are the new champions of La Liga ! :5ok:
They totally deserved it !

rae
18-05-2005, 10:02
¡Madrid - cabrón, saluda al campeón!

slicknick
10-06-2005, 08:44
Yea congrats to Barca and all their players; Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Iniesta, Puyol, and Valdes in particular...

mariani
23-08-2006, 09:08
Hello,

are there any Barca fans here?

Shomo
25-08-2006, 15:07
i think there is already a thread on barcelona but i don't know where the link is?

Dr Milano
25-08-2006, 17:33
3 - 0 ....... hahaha lol ... sevilla !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at what ronaldhino says ...


http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnet.tn%2Fhtml%2Fredaction%2Fa_la_une_sport%2F22_08_2006%2Frs02.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools this is just


Sick i hate him for this ........

Vadim
25-08-2006, 18:41
Let's not get political, but is it true or is it a stupid rumor? I haven't seen this written anywhere except that dubious French source. I would be very surprised if Ronaldinho actually said that.

mariani
27-08-2006, 04:05
FORCA BARCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p283:

XZeRo3003
06-09-2006, 02:30
Visca Barça!!!

Ever since Marquez was signed, I haven't looked back. I enjoy watching Barza to the fullest!!!

now with Thuram, Zambrotta and Gudjohnsen, Barza looks nice and plump.

The seemingly eternal possesion of Xavi, the creativity of the youngsters Iniesta and Messi, the folly of Ronaldinho, it's all worth watching!!!

XZeRo3003
06-09-2006, 02:32
¡Madrid - cabrón, saluda al campeón!

and AMEN to that!!!

*AND ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT A BECKHAM FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XZeRo3003
10-09-2006, 02:57
Wow, after hearing so much crap about Barza being "cheaters" or whatever, I finally get some stimulating news!

Barza have signed a deal of Soidarity with UNICEF!

Parts of the agreements include a minimum yearly donation from FCB to Unicef for 1.5 million Euros, a new, optional Unicef logo on Barza kit and material.

Barcelona will wear their FIRST EVER ADVERTISMENT IN THEIR +107 YEAR HISTORY, TUESDAY vs. Levski Sofia or whatever. I'm just so proud! :proud: :proud: :proud:


AAAHHHH Yes, and Barza defeated osasuna today, Saturday. 2 early goals from Eto'o and a goal from messi, all in the first half. Congrats!


PS. My Rafael Marquez is such a pimp now a days! Sigue con el buen trabajo Rafa!!!

mzk57
04-10-2006, 12:15
Let me be the 1st to say that Barc wont make 3 titles in a row plus no more luck in Europe :cool: :cool: as Valncia and AC Milan would beat the hell out of that irritating team :5hoest: