View Full Version : Fernando Torres?
aceventura
07-05-2004, 03:40
We must admit he is great talented striker but is his arrivel is realistic?
Torres plays from young age first team football,plus he score alot.
We gave last seson many things to atletico and they probably still owe us some money.
All the big clubs this summer speak about him but atletico give everyone a big NO before negotiation even started.
I think we have the upper hand but is it realistic we will pay very very big $$$$ for him this summer?
There is somthing about it in calciomercato this morning can anyone translate it plz?
aceventura
07-05-2004, 03:51
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55720
translate plz
Giovanni
07-05-2004, 03:55
Rossoneri in pole position for Torres: we have a credit of 23,5 millions euro, but it won't be easy cause many teams want him and he's considered an idol in Madrid
i think this thread will be merged with the first strikers one
anyway: personal opinion is that everybody is shooting huge news, but now there's nothing concrete
This morning Gazzetta says: TORRES
Corriere dello sport says: BAZZANI
Concerneing Bazzani he will be in Hong Kong and Shangai with Milan for a tourneè..will play 2 games this summer
aceventura
07-05-2004, 03:59
Originally posted by Giovanni
Rossoneri in pole position for Torres: we have a credit of 23,5 millions euro, but it won't be easy cause many teams want him and he's considered an idol in Madrid
they owe us 23.5 million?
i know it wont be easy but i think it will be easier to secure him right now for next summer move.
we do have adavntage but we should use it when atletico is still no strong and rich.
this season they are in the middle of the table so right now i believe its now or never.
sehnsucht79
07-05-2004, 05:02
Damn pre season rumours. Everyone is linked with everyone :D
But as far as my personal opinion goes, I don't think Milan should get Torres. They should look into other opts.
Giovanni
07-05-2004, 05:06
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
Damn pre season rumours. Everyone is linked with everyone :D
But as far as my personal opinion goes, I don't think Milan should get Torres. They should look into other opts.
why other options? to leave juve free way?anyway we are linked with torres, as i remember, since his first matches with atletico, and we knew him even with the youngsters team
aceventura
07-05-2004, 05:15
Giovani right.
no free way to juve and other teams on this case.
all the transfers to atletico last seson were part of our interest in bringing Torres to milan.
at this moment atletico have nothing but torres we should press tham for him now an leave him their untill 2005/6 saeson.
Torres is on of the most talented young guys around but many things depend on the price tag that atletico will give.
Originally posted by Giovanni
Concerneing Bazzani he will be in Hong Kong and Shangai with Milan for a tourneè..will play 2 games this summer
Any concrete info on this?
Only Hong Kong and Shanghai?
And Bazzani is coming?
Remember before WC2002 we went to the USA to play Mexico I think and Hubner went with us
Giovanni
07-05-2004, 08:27
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
Any concrete info on this?
Only Hong Kong and Shanghai?
And Bazzani is coming?
Remember before WC2002 we went to the USA to play Mexico I think and Hubner went with us
calciomercato.com
sehnsucht79
07-05-2004, 09:24
Nooooo. Regardless of my being a Juve fan what I post here is as a neutral and not for Milan's worse condition :(
Well statistics - though doesn't really say something but does have an honesty to it - shows that Spanish, like few English players choke in Serie A. Now that's already a negative for Torres, but not a solid reason not to buy him.
I've seen Torres time and time again and he is talented no doubt but I just think - or he doesn't strike me - as a player who'd really do well in Serie A, at most just an average player
I'd prefer if Milan gets Gilardino or Chevanton, both already has Serie A experiences and perhaps would be easier to deal with once joining Milan, and they too are equally as potentialed as Torres is
And no, I in fact don't want Torres in Juve for the same reasons above.
aceventura
07-05-2004, 10:31
WHO CAN TRANSLATE THIS?
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55778
and by the sehnsucht79 if Juve linked with him strongly you would probably say that he is amazing.
Torres remind Van basten. Very tall very Speedy great in the air and got amazing theqnical abilities.
i think it would be wiser to aproach Cheva for milan as Gilardino probably will go to juve but if Torres will be able to move away from atletico i realy want milan to chase him in all our power.
sehnsucht79
07-05-2004, 10:34
Never denied his good football, only has a gut feeling he won't be as great in Italy, that's all.
aceventura
07-05-2004, 10:45
yes we aware to the fact that not many spanish stars had agood football in italy(Mendieta,jose mari,javi moreno).
but Torres got killer instinct of amazing striker so i believe he can seccues everywhere.
Maltese Charlie
07-05-2004, 10:51
Most probably, we can forget Torres!!!!!
Milan, Torres beffa Galliani e promette: "Resto all'Atletico Madrid"
Al pubblico italiano é apparso sfolgorante la sera di Italia-Spagna a Genova, quando ha realizzato il goal del momentaneo vantaggio iberico. Fernando Torres lancia un messaggio al Milan: vuole rimanere nell'Atletico Madrid. Lo ha dichiarato oggi, precisando di essere "determinato a completare i quattro anni previsti dal mio contratto con l'Atletico. Posso solo dire che ho firmato per quattro anni, e voglio rispettare il contratto", ha detto l'attaccante intervistato dall'agenzia di stampa spagnola Efe. Nonostante la sua giovane età, il "Nino de oro" del calcio spagnolo ha poi assicurato che le voci sul suo futuro non lo deconcentrano: "se la stampa fa il mio nome nelle vicende di mercato, vuol dire che sto giocando bene. Tutto ciò alla stampa serve, perchè devono vendere notizie". Secondo Torres , l'Atletico é sulla strada "per recuperare la sua antica grandezza, quindi secondo me é da escludere che metta in vendita i suoi giocatori più importanti, me compreso".
(Goalcity)
aceventura
12-05-2004, 12:30
Makukula To Join Atlético Madrid.
that came from soccerage.
may be they prepare to the absence of Torres.
Probably not but there is a chance.
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=56229
Luis Fabiano and Torres on their way?
Good discussion lads, i think that Fernando Torres is wanted by everyone. He's quality!
Manchester United had a £30 million bid turned down, so the talk that you have 23.5 million euros wont be enough if you want to tempt Atleti into selling their prize asset.
Plus, Maltesse Charlie's Italian quote shows how hard it will be to sign him. "Determined to complete the four years expected from my contract with athletic. I am only able to say that I signed for four years, and I want to respect the contract"... sorry for any errors with the translation, my italian isnt perfect by any means.
But he loves the club enough to move from there if they needed the money, so you never know, Atleti are a crazy club.
On the Robinho thing too, he said today in the spanish press "Barça is my dream"...but Im unsure as to whether we, for Im a Barça fan, consider him a viable target. But i saw him play last night for Sau Paolo and he has so many tricks in his box...Brazil with Ronaldinho, Kaka` and Diego in the same midfield, Ronaldo and Robinho up front...not bad!
Out of Ronaldo, Adriano, Robinho and Luis Fabiano, Im sure many people would choose Robinho the last.
I´m happy for us wanting Torres!
But considering their pricetag, I don´t think it´s going to happen. At least not anytime soon...
Maybe when, if, the price is a bit lower we can go for this transfer. I believe he´d be great in Milan. REALLY GREAT! He´s a fantastic player, and he´s probably getting even better in the years to come. Hopefully Milan will be his next club. Next summer perhaps...
Until then I wouldn´t mind him deciding a few derbys, he he he ;) :D :D
read previous posts and you notice that Atletico owe us 23m Euro.
If we offer another 20m Euro that would make the transfer value 43m Euro
Surely that would be too much for Madrid to reject :cool:
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
read previous posts and you notice that Atletico owe us 23m Euro.
If we offer another 20m Euro that would make the transfer value 43m Euro
Surely that would be too much for Madrid to reject :cool:
If they accept that then I´m happy. But what about their previous askingprice, didn´t they ask for 80-90 millions? Well, maybe they´ve changed their price. I guess we´ll see...
Fernando Torres, great fotballer and great replacement for Pippo. I want him to come to Milan because I like his game very much and IMO in next season he will play in Milan. Come on Torres we waiting you!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)
Sheva, you're probably right, though i think I may have meant Luis Fabiano, either way it's not a bad choice.
Im not sure that 43 million euros would be accepted either...I think nearer to 70 million would probably be the ball park figure. I think his buy-out clause is around 140 million euros.
Giovanni
14-05-2004, 12:44
Originally posted by Raul
Im not sure that 43 million euros would be accepted either...I think nearer to 70 million would probably be the ball park figure. I think his buy-out clause is around 140 million euros.
70 millions? :eek: much lesser, really can totti costs less than torres?
betterdays
14-05-2004, 14:19
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
read previous posts and you notice that Atletico owe us 23m Euro.
If we offer another 20m Euro that would make the transfer value 43m Euro
Surely that would be too much for Madrid to reject :cool:
43 million for a 19 year old? Atletico can go **** themselves for that much.I would prefer they keep that nosepicker and just pay us the money they owe.
Betterdays
"43 million for a 19 year old? Atletico can go **** themselves for that much.I would prefer they keep that nosepicker and just pay us the money they owe."
Giovani
70 millions? much lesser, really can totti costs less than torres?
I think it's because Torres is only 19-years-old that he is worth so much money. He is outstanding now and he has still got 10 years yet until he reaches his peak...imagine how good he is going to be!...whereas Totti, maybe, is very near his peak, or has past it even. I think the talent that Torres has for a 19-year-old is rare, and he will eclipse someone like Totti, we are talking about the potential to be one of the greatest players in the world ever.
Originally posted by Raul
...
I think it's because Torres is only 19-years-old that he is worth so much money. He is outstanding now and he has still got 10 years yet until he reaches his peak...imagine how good he is going to be!...
...
IMO he will be worse if he joins Inter. :D
ACMILAN1983
14-05-2004, 16:12
This seems to be getting WAY out of hand. Going past the 30mill mark for Torres is getting ridiculous. In the modern market (excluding Chelsea), only the best and most established talents are going for such high prices.
Torres may be good, but he doesn't fall into that price category yet.
I wouldn't be surprised if we do get him though, as Galliani has been talking about him and how Athletico owe us money.
Giovanni
14-05-2004, 16:33
Originally posted by Raul
I think it's because Torres is only 19-years-old that he is worth so much money. He is outstanding now and he has still got 10 years yet until he reaches his peak...imagine how good he is going to be!...whereas Totti, maybe, is very near his peak, or has past it even. I think the talent that Torres has for a 19-year-old is rare, and he will eclipse someone like Totti, we are talking about the potential to be one of the greatest players in the world ever.
agree with the first part, but greatest ever is an exhafggeration..i believe in this guy, and he's great talent, but if you invest money of young player there's another side by which the situation must be analized..investing on a 19 y o is an huge risk for many reasons, so the price must be lower than an already experienced certainty
mohammadk18
14-05-2004, 17:36
70 million??? in other words theyre not selling torres, like were not selling maldini or sheva ... theyre not selling the guy, lets looka t the bright side and let idiots like juve and man utd keep wasting theyre time on him while we get equally good players like drogba and gila under their noses instead
Ok, maybe 70 million was a slight over-see on my part, but i think 40 to 45 million euros isnt. He's special! we can only hope that Jesús Gil y Gil leaves us him in his will. RIP Jesús Gil y Gil, de madrid al Cielo. Thank you for being anti-madridista.
Maybe with a new president, Madrid may sell Torres for less?
And to whoever said 43m for a 19 year old?
No. We would be paying them only 20m. Which is a good price for a young talent. And tell Madrid the 23m debt the owe us can be forgotten :cool:
My condolences to Gil and his family :(
70m Euros is too much for Torres. I know he is talanted but it`s very-very high bid for a such player. If I were Berlusconi I`ll pay for him only 25m Euro.
SonOfBerlusconi
15-05-2004, 04:43
It looks like Atletico hopes that Torres will be the big hit at Euro 2004.
Is he even first choice at the Spanish NT?
yeah, I think he just earned it too
but with the other Fernando (Morientes) doing so well, competition for the place alongside Raul is heating up
Btw, here is something I made out of boringness
sehnsucht79
15-05-2004, 07:53
I was told by a source that Milan is actually getting Emerson, so if Milan has Dhorasoo, Stam and Emerson, would that leave a space for Torres? [bear in mind IF milan gets emerson.... I was only told that]
well you milanistas have one thing to be unconcerned about, torres has proven skills since he's not a one hit wonder, he's proved over the seasons that he's a good player ;)
but I still think Milan shouldn't get him..
Originally posted by Giovanni
why other options? to leave juve free way?
sehnsucht79
15-05-2004, 08:58
Jani don't irritate me. you and I both know that's not the reason :groan:
The buzz in milano is that either torres or corradi could be on the way over depending on inzaghis fitness but many are sceptical and say that milan will not sign a striker; i say let's give it a rest and wait till august but this little voice in my heart keeps telling me that torres is on his way; kinda unreliable but over the years i've learnt to trust and listen to my heart. Why do you think Milan has been the only club i've supported all my life, except for a little well known club called Sharjah wich happens to be my home town in the United Arab Emirates but if some freak of nature occurs and milan play sharjah... u guessed it I'll be dressed in red and black..
Forza Milan
mohammadk18
15-05-2004, 09:32
70M is too much for him, i mean im not even sure hes gonna star in italy, id rather see him go to my 2nd favorite club ... barca, for like 25M which is what he is worth really.
sehnsucht79
15-05-2004, 10:51
Corradi? To be honest I'm quite disappointed in him. He's not doing so well considering everyone dubbed him to be quite a big thing in Italy after Chievo...
I would Torres at el Barça! But I really think that 25 million euros is too little for a player of his talent and potential. Really, nearer 40 million is the right price.
I think Milan will sign Corradi. This is for a number of reasons; Italian clubs buy Italians and Spaniards dont seem to do well in Italy, which may make Milan uneasy about paying 40 million for a 19 year old, especially after Lazio payed 25 million for Mendieta.
What iIve seen of Corradi, he's a good player.
Torres hasnt broken into the Spanish national team. Iñaki Saez, the national coach, loves to play one man up front, Raúl, and Valeron playing mediapunta. Torres is a second option off of the bench.
Originally posted by Raul
I think Milan will sign Corradi.
Please no.
sehnsucht79
16-05-2004, 00:14
Had a good season with Chievo. When at Lazio, he sort of disappeared. Well not entirely, but people were really expecting him to hit it big - which he didn't.
But then again who knows, his career might receive a turn at Milan.
Every player gets a turn in their careers when they join Milan :cool:
sehnsucht79
16-05-2004, 05:21
Davids didn't. He did it at Juve. Different players for different clubs :tong: ;)
:) :) :)
well, regarding torres, knowing that spanish usually flops in serie A.. but i still likes this guy and would be very happy if next year he was on our bench as Kaka was last year and little by little he starts impressing........
wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
------------------------kaka--------------
----------torres-----------------sheva-----
and inzaghi, tomasson and rui would be like rotating........
to win the treble we would have to rotate more and more than we do...........
with tores, and stam....... i beleive that treble is a real objective for the coming season.............. :)
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
Davids didn't. He did it at Juve. Different players for different clubs :tong: ;)
Yeah, Davids' career was turned from good to bad when he joined Milan.
In a way, his career was turned when he joined Milan.
sehnsucht79
17-05-2004, 05:44
Ye le.. heh
Hmm, do you guys think rotating would work well? It did for some teams, didn't for others. I hope it would work for Milan though :)
mohammadk18
17-05-2004, 13:26
hmmm ... u sound fishy .... u JUVE scumbag!!! ;) ;) ;) ...
actually raul ... spain play with 2 strikers, because morientes is a starter.
ACMILAN1983
17-05-2004, 19:09
After the hype Torres is getting I think I have to see him more often.
Hopefully he will be at Euro 2004 and I will get to judge him myself.
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
I hope it would work for Milan though :)
No you dont
sehnsucht79
18-05-2004, 03:37
I hope for good football. And I would like Juve to compete with a great team who plays great football like Milan, provided Juve is armed with their 'goodness' in football too :tong:
Giovanni
18-05-2004, 07:55
for a obvious point of view, it's pretty likely atletico will sell torres after the euro 04, esp if he confirms his talent and his price lifts up.
mohammadk18
18-05-2004, 09:04
i personally dont think atletico will sell him in the coming 5 seasons unless if he wants to leave or the team is hit by financial problems, its better we forget about him in the meantime
Athletico do have financial problems...
mohammadk18
18-05-2004, 10:57
no i mean to the extent that they will be forced to sell torres.
MilanoSiamoNoi!
18-05-2004, 13:53
torres is a good young player, but I agreed that milan should prefer gillardino, because he don't have to adapt in italian football. But personally, I prefer if milan should give more chances to borriello, because I think he is a potential striker and he is italian, which can be good for the national team (they can't always depend on vieri, pippo, and del piero)
or else, milan can sign either robinho or diego....;)
Giovanni
18-05-2004, 13:57
plz let be serious..Torres is from another planet..Borriello is older and doesn't get a place in under 21..Torres can be a crack for Spain, Borriello can be a crack playboying around between Rimini and Riccione
MilanoSiamoNoi!
18-05-2004, 14:09
well, u got ur point. I didnt say that i dont like torres, in fact i always bought him when i played Championship Manager..:D
But, if milan have to spend more money on striker this summer, they should buy a player that less cost than torres. he's too expensive.....anyway... if torres really moved to milan, of course i really...really overjoyed!!! (who doesnt???) ;)
I like Tores and I would like that he come to Milan but 70m is too expensive for him. With this money Milan can sign many good players for example Solari, Morientes etc....
MilanoSiamoNoi!
19-05-2004, 11:57
I like Tores and I would like that he come to Milan but 70m is too expensive for him. With this money Milan can sign many good players for example Solari, Morientes etc....
then....let's bring gillardino
aceventura
19-05-2004, 12:03
Originally posted by MilanoSiamoNoi!
then....let's bring gillardino
i will vote for that.
i almost sure that he will sign with juve.
Juve snaped from us gilardino so lets do tham the same with alberto.
i like torres very much but for now atletico havet found the price they want for this guy.
Chevanton will be the best option fot us.
MilanoSiamoNoi!
19-05-2004, 12:09
then...let's bring Cheva!! :D
or what do u think about Robinho??? he is still young too....
aceventura
19-05-2004, 12:30
Rubinho?
i dont realy believe he can be good for us right now.
he is very talented but his price is very high and may be to high for us .
Taking risk on him is very dengerous.
I prefer Cheva 100% star.
Maevious
19-05-2004, 15:33
Torres is great. By far the most talented prospect in Europe right now. Tall and really fast.
He would be great in Milan...
mohammadk18
20-05-2004, 05:18
i prefer drogba ... hes fast, strong, tall, and skilled ... hes an all round player.
Let`s get Cheva!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO he is the best option for us. Gilardinhio is good too but I think Juve will buy him in this Summer. :groan: :groan: :groan:
Sooner or later Torres is going to be a Rossonero, Gil's dead, who's the next? A. Madrid will face bankrupcy or relegation in two year, if they don't hand the young gun out.:( :o
But do you know what is Torres transfer bid???????? He costs 70m Euros. It`s a very high bid for him. I`d like to see him in Milan. Let`s hope that we can sign him in our team.
Forza Milan!!!!!!!!!!! Forza Rossoneri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:
Giovanni
22-05-2004, 16:57
torres costs 35 millions euro
ACMILAN1983
22-05-2004, 17:03
Originally posted by Giovanni
torres costs 35 millions euro
Still a very large amount ;)
I have read in numerous articles that Milan have a 23m euro credit with Athletico, so an extra 12m euros for Torres if he is valued at 35m euros. Yeah I'd go with that.
I thought MU offered £40m and got rejected
How are we supposed to compete with that?
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
I thought MU offered £40m and got rejected
How are we supposed to compete with that?
i believe that was just a rumor. man u would never offered that amount.
40 M is way too expensive. i will pass on this.
MilanoSiamoNoi!
23-05-2004, 07:13
I thought MU offered £40m and got rejected
How are we supposed to compete with that?
Well, with a 23m euro credit (if its true) i'll say milan would go with player exchange + money. but i don't know who will go...
MilanoSiamoNoi!
24-05-2004, 08:15
I thought he already sold to siena, did he?? (poor siena...:D)
He probably wasn't good enough! ;)
MilanoSiamoNoi!
24-05-2004, 12:09
nah he was just loaned
Damn!!! :D :D
Originally posted by hwmook
i believe that was just a rumor. man u would never offered that amount.
this. 40 M is way too expensive. i will pass on
I`m agree with you hmwook. Even 40m Euoro is to expensive for him(though he is a great player)! I know yesterday he scorred twice.:cool:
Milan are already at work in an attempt to sign Atletico Madrid ace Fernando Torres for the 2005/06 season.
The 20-year-old is considered as one of Spain’s most promising strikers and numerous clubs have been linked.
Manchester United and Juventus are monitoring his situation but the Rossoneri seem to be in pole position.
That is because Atletico reportedly still owe Milan around £17m after signing Cosmin Contra and Javi Moreno in the past.
The Spanish side could cancel that debt by handing over the player who may eventually replace Pippo Inzaghi at the San Siro.
"There is a lot of talk about Milan," stated Torres. "I like them as they are a great side who are used to winning.
"My former teammate Demetrio Albertini has also told me that there is a great atmosphere within the club.
"Yet I’m just used to focusing on one season at a time. I know that I will be at Atletico next season, then we’ll see what happens."
betterdays
10-06-2004, 22:47
I want him here now!
aceventura
10-06-2004, 23:06
its to early now because we still owe somthing to Pippo and he should play this season.
its realy great to hear that torres speaks good thing about milan and because we already have some conections with atletico it will give us torres in the future.
Giovanni
11-06-2004, 01:52
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
"Yet I’m just used to focusing on one season at a time. I know that I will be at Atletico next season, then we’ll see what happens."
this means he will come the next year
Giovanni
11-06-2004, 01:54
Originally posted by betterdays
I want him here now!
where? In Toronto?:googly: :googly:
:grinser:
Originally posted by Giovanni
this means he will come the next year
The same story with Kaká.
But this time I think Torres really meant that.
Btw, heres a picture of Kaká before he joined Milan that made me so damn happy :cool:
It will be :cool: :cool: if Torres sign Milan. He is the most talanted player in Spain now! And it`s our chance to get him even next year.:eek:
ACMILAN1983
11-06-2004, 20:48
I'm glad to hear some interesting news.
I can't wait to see Torres in action properly and will start keeping a closer eye on him.
I think its a good idea to wait a year to sign him as it will mean he can mature a little and take over Pippo without too many problems (as Pippo may be more willing to move for him after one more season).
I agree with that 100%
But thinking about it again, Tomasson is a late-bloomer.. He certainly IS a world class striker now.
You are right!! Tomasson is already world-class player now!!!!:cool:
Watching Spain v. Russia - what's up with Torres' mullet haircut? :eek: Cracks me up...:D
Stezagud
12-06-2004, 15:38
Watching Spain v. Russia - what's up with Torres' mullet haircut? Cracks me up...
yeah, his finishing was Serie B standard but his mullet is world class :dielaugh:
these "neo-mullets" have been sweeping Europe for a while (though i'm "not cool enough" to have one :D ) hopefully its a trend that will die out sooner rather than later....
for a big lad he's pretty quick ... i'm looking forward to seeing him in the other games.
Looks an exciting young striker.
His touch was classic, and he's getting stronger comparing two years ago. Bringing him to our team is not only about winning games, but improving our visual sensation.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Originally posted by mihan
Bringing him to our team is not only about winning games, but improving our visual sensation.:cool: :cool: :cool:
I like that :nasty:
Lombardia
13-06-2004, 06:53
i saw him for the first time yesterday and he didn't look that bad. but i need to see more of him before i make a final judgement about him.
what i would say is that he needs a hair cut asap.
Giovanni
13-06-2004, 07:09
Torres has put alone the italian defence in a threat..that's enough to prove his skills and zio Fester knows it, as i said at a tv program >Fester and Torres were on the same stage together for the Best young player Award in Italy and Fester stared at him like this----->:crazy: :flirt: :kiss: :sweeteye:
Originally posted by Giovanni
Fester and Torres were on the same stage together for the Best young player Award in Italy and Fester stared at him like this----->:crazy: :flirt: :kiss: :sweeteye:
Even with Torres' haircut :wth:
:D
ACMILAN1983
13-06-2004, 20:30
Well, he looks an interesting prospect and I eagerly look forward to seeing him more. definately has a lot of potential.
However, I hope he changes the hair, I thought he was some '80s pop reject at first ;)
I've seen Torres few times in La Liga, he is spectacular. I hope he takes Inzaghi's place next season, he is the best option to do so.
Giovanni
14-06-2004, 07:05
Originally posted by Shevchenko-[7]
Even with Torres' haircut :wth:
:D
especially for that..Fester is fascinated by impressive haircuts
:cool:
His haitcut was very beautiful!! Did you see what happened with England. England lose the game 1-2. winning all game 1-0! What a pitty.:depress:
Stezagud
14-06-2004, 13:39
yeah i saw :depress: We were winning when i got up to get a drink and France had stolen the points by the time i started to drink it :eek:
Actually i'm really looking forward to Thursday now. Switzerland will have to be punished for France's thievery :D
Giovanni
14-06-2004, 14:18
Originally posted by Stezagud
yeah i saw :depress: We were winning when i got up to get a drink and France had stolen the points by the time i started to drink it :eek:
Actually i'm really looking forward to Thursday now. Switzerland will have to be punished for France's thievery :D
they are used about thievery.. i still have in my eyes Wiltord equaliser and Trezeguet golden goal
I think that is great to buy Tores.
He is young and very good striker.
I think that if we buy him then he and Sheva will be magic duo.
ACMILAN1983
17-06-2004, 11:08
Torres is starting to impress me. He hasn't had a chance to really make a mark at the Euros yet, but when he has come on, he's done well.
I'm in favour of the way milan are going about it. I think securing him for 05/06 is quite smart, gives him another year to develop and we really will be thinking about replacing Inzaghi then. It's also quite good that we have the credit to get him with, I imagine we can push for a reasonable deal that way. I mean surely we could get some outside body involved if Athletico didn't pay us back our cash.
aceventura
27-06-2004, 16:07
Milan stage £27m Torres swoop Sunday 27 June, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is reported that the Rossoneri are making a massive bid for Spain's hottest young property Fernando Torres, selling off Rui Costa in the process.
The Atletico Madrid striker was impressive during his country’s brief Euro 2004 spell and is a main target for every big club on the continent, including Real Madrid and Manchester United.
However, Milan could have the upper hand as they are owed a substantial amount of money by Atletico, a debt that would be wiped clean by this deal.
The Liga outfit currently owes £15.8m to the San Siro side, but Milan are reportedly ready to almost double that sum to bring the youngster to Serie A.
Torres has only recently turned 20 years of age and already impressed Italian scouts when he scored in a 1-1 friendly game against the Azzurri earlier this year.
Vice-President Adriano Galliani has made no secret of their interest in the player, or their intention to sign another striker this summer.
Over the last two seasons their transfer policy has been cost-effective, bringing in Lyon midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo, Lazio’s Giuseppe Pancaro and Marcos Cafu of Roma on free transfers, while paying no more than £10m for the combined services of Kaka and Jaap Stam.
Cash could be raised for this massive signing by selling off Manuel Rui Costa (pictured) – who would relish a return to Fiorentina in Serie A – while Kakha Kaladze is very close to signing for Bayern Munich.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first of all i think that its just a rumer and its not realistic for this season.
I would be realy worry if Kaldze would leave for bayern.
i believe he was great for us during the last seasons and just because one sesaon (that he was injured in it ) we shouldnt sell him.
i believe he should be first team player like 2 years ago and maldini and nesta in the center while stam will do rotation between the right back to the center position.
MilanDYNAMOVICH
28-06-2004, 00:02
first of all i think that its just a rumer and its not realistic for this season.
I would be realy worry if Kaldze would leave for bayern.
i believe he was great for us during the last seasons and just because one sesaon (that he was injured in it ) we shouldnt sell him.
i believe he should be first team player like 2 years ago and maldini and nesta in the center while stam will do rotation between the right back to the center position.
You were right to highlight the Kaladze issue here. And it was said "we will sell him for 6 mln USD", which is ridiculous. Hope, he'll stay. It's a rumor, and Torres can't be bought for that much figure too. His price is half of Atletico's debt to us. Not more.
I don;t know what will happen this summer but I do think it is likey Torres will be a rossoneri in the future sometime, he's been talked about here for almost 2 seasons now. The same thing happened with Kaka, we all knew he was joining way before he did, if a team has a public and long lasting in a young player they usually end up getting them. First we will be prepared to spend more than most clubs as we have singled him out over all others and also the player has confidence the team will be supportive of him as they have been so determined to get him.
humanTORCH
28-06-2004, 07:02
The news is a crapped. Milan gonna sell kaladze?! :finger: .....he is not for sale although he did not appear much last season due to injury and personal problem.
I hope we can get Torres. He is a striker who can play with Sheva well... though we have JDT he is good too.!!! Now let`s get Torres. :eekani: :eekani: :crazy: :smileani:
zlatanov
28-06-2004, 14:53
guys remember my words when you finally find out that Torres is not for the Serie A - Milan will only waste that money if we get him now. I believe that Torres will only become one of the wasted talents in the mill called Italian football.
Peace and remember this post when you watch Torres being substituted after yet another fruitless outing.
does everybody here knows that Spainard's are suck's, when their Playing in the Seri-A. :punch:
What are the reasons you say spanish players cant play in Seria A. It cant be because they are more attacking in Spain. If that was the case players like Cafu and Roberto Carlos couldnt play in Italy. Please dont say the quality of defending in Seria A is better. It is better, but that may only suggest that that a spaniard would score less in seria A, not that he would be a failure.
This whole spanish players failing in Seria A is just a false stereo type. The whole idea is based on players who were over rated or their careers were over. Mendieta was so over rated and look where he is now, Middlesborough. I dont see any big Spanish or English clubs asking him for his signature. As for Jose Mari, no one knows his best position. He's certainly not a striker because he doesnt score that many and hes not really a winger. He was just an ordinary player who hasnt exactly lit up la liga since going back. As for Moreno, he had one good season where he banged in alot of goals for Alaves, but half of his goals were from penalties. He was an impulse buy and spanish players shouldnt be blaimed, rather you should look at the mistakes of the Milan bosses who took him. Even they have learnt their lesson, they dont take players anymore unless the 100% sure.
Raul Bravo went to Leeds and was awful, now he plays for Real and Spain. He was tormented by Ronaldo against portugal and isnt a very good player so he failed in England. Does that mean spanish players cant play in england. Campo and Reyes have been pretty good.
If we are talking about foreign players from spain then Contra like Moreno had one great season and then made the big move. He was another impulse buy. He wasnt that bad for us though. Rivaldo's wasnt at his best and Rui was better than him and Kaka spelled the end. Not to mention he had injuries and got divorced while at Milan. Lets not forget Ronaldo who came from Barca to inter and was great apart from the injury. Kily Gonzalas has been good at inter considering the poor performances of all their signings.
Players like Puyol, Vicente, Jaoquin could play in the Seria A. At the end of the day a good player can play anywhere. As for Torres, im not sure. Hes too young and should be left to mature. He doesnt need the pressures that a club like Milan bring with it. He looks technically excellent and hes broken all of Rauls youth goal scoring records. He certainly needs to be looked after. The real issue is his age. If he can become one of the best in Spain he can also be one of the best in Italy.
A player like Torres, who's big and tall like Vieri, plus is faster, and has very good dribbling skills, its very hard to think he would fail in any league. Out of the "big" strikers there is no one who has his skills. And to think that at the age of 20 he has the potential to get much better....
Ok... let's see... if you were galliani, who would you buy?
Torres?
Chevanton?
Cassano?
Bazzani?
Corradi?
Gilardino?
I guess we can't be greedy.. I am happy with Sheva, Pippo, JDT... Don't think we need any one of those for now
any of those cept Corradi and Bazzani
Giovanni
29-06-2004, 09:59
Galliani ahs stated that Torres is a great great player but Atletico don't want to sell him. Paolo Berlusconi has said he would like to see Torres at Milan. Now it's pretty clear Torres sooner or later will wear our jersey rossonera
ACMILAN1983
29-06-2004, 15:03
Torres has been impressing a lot. Even though at the Euros he was never really given the opportunity to shine, he did show potential.
At the moment, I think he needs to stay at Atletico to mature, but I can see him becoming a Milan star in the future
Torres to Milan is anything but certain. A reason why Milan have been dragging their feet for years with him. He costs a lot, is Spanish, and if he were to become a 'star' would definately go back to Spain as there a several clubs that can offer him the world while being back at home with 'mamma & pappa'.
Milan dont want to invest time & money so the enemy can capitalise on it. They'll stick to Brazilians.....
Forza Milan
He has said he doesnt want to play against Athletico, in la Liga at least, but ur right everyone does get homesick, Brazilians too :hmmm:
Milanista ID
01-07-2004, 14:02
Let Him stay at Atletico for couple of years, and then we'll see (Gaizka mendieta, Jose Mari, De la Pena etc)
Let Him stay at Atletico for couple of years, and then we'll see (Gaizka mendieta, Jose Mari, De la Pena etc)
Come on, hes a class above all of those clowns. :hmmm:
Milanista ID
02-07-2004, 02:04
Mendieta= 2 times CL finalist with Valencia :)
Milanista ID
02-07-2004, 02:10
What i wanna say is, Torres will be a big transfer, we must sure that he'll not fail like other spaniards :)
Patrick Kluivert and Eto'o to Atletico, Torres to Milan ? :rollani: :smileani:
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=7576&idSez=1
What i wanna say is, Torres will be a big transfer, we must sure that he'll not fail like other spaniards :)
Of course you are right, we have to handle him carefully.
Oh I cant remember Mendieta F.C. in the final, I do remember Valencia F.C. with an over rated player called Mendieta. :firedev: Sorry Milanista ID, I couldnt resist that one. :hmmm:
Giovanni
03-07-2004, 14:51
Patrick Kluivert and Eto'o to Atletico, Torres to Milan ? :rollani: :smileani:
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=7576&idSez=1
when milan management seems still, we are preparing a big deal..mmm, maybe all these denies about torres can mean a big bang at the end of july
Stezagud
06-10-2004, 12:40
"Chelsea are reportedly lining up a renewed bid for Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres - and hope to use Adrian Mutu as a makeweight.
Owner Roman Abramovich first made a move for Spanish international Torres in 2003, shortly after buying the west London outfit.
Atletico stood firm, though, and over the last two seasons have also rejected offers from Milan and Manchester United, all of which were around the £27m mark.
Chelsea are now ready to offer them Romanian misfit Mutu, plus an estimated £24m in cash for the striker, who featured only briefly in Spain's disappointing Euro 2004 showing.
The Spanish giants remain reluctant to lose a player who is the club symbol, however, with Torres idolised by the red and white half of the Spanish capital.
The 20-year-old has hit 42 goals in just over three seasons and is also coveted by Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.
If Atletico were to sell, they would rather see Torres move abroad than play for one of their deadly rivals.
Chelsea are now looking to land Torres as early as January, with unsettled forward Mutu the possible key to any deal.
Atletico have always vehemently denied that they would be ready to listen to offers for Torres, but Abramovich is confident of persuading the Rojiblancos to sell."
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,897558,00.html
This wouldnt surprise me as they need a goalscorer who can get them 30+ a season to play up front with Drogba.
another predator would be useless in Chelski because Mourinho likes to win 1-0 or 2-1.
:D
Atletico owes Milan a lot of money and Milan has hence allways been included in speculations about Torres future. My question is the following; are there other players at Atletico Madrid, besides Torres, that Milan should keep their eyes on?
Anyway I believe one player from the other Madrid team will join us. Of course I said this last year about Figo and was wrong, but I believe there is quite a few that want away next summer and they need new players. I am not sure I like it, as long as it is not mr.mercenary himself.
If we can somehow get Adriano, then Chelsea can have Torres. But I think Torres will be a milan player next season :dcool:
sheva1234
07-10-2004, 09:29
you know atletico owes us some money
they give 23 million euros to us and we could sign gilardino or cassano.and a left back like maxwell in januarry window
IMo Gilardino will be ours in january transfer window! We need a super striker and it can be Gilla or Adriano! And Torres can be to. :hmmm:
CuoreRossoNero
07-10-2004, 09:53
I would welcome Gilardino in a heartbeat, but personally I think Milan should focus on strenghtning their backline. I would like to see Colocini get into some games because I have never seen him play and would like to know exactly what we have in him.
Peachtot
07-10-2004, 10:39
I would welcome Gilardino in a heartbeat, but personally I think Milan should focus on strenghtning their backline. I would like to see Colocini get into some games because I have never seen him play and would like to know exactly what we have in him.
Yep...next season, defender is our focus.
Plus bring dinho to milan!
No more midfielders or strikers needed instead of him!!
much better to strenght defence than buy any players except dinho!
I just checked out our forum, finding out the number of replies to Torres threads is in the top ten concerning single players, since the forum opened. Of course not all of them joined Milan finally, like Beckham and Canavaro. Either eagerness or contraversy works here.
the transfer window is still decades away man! maybe it would be best to give out our views on who should come and who shouldnt when we are close to the window opening, the season has barely started and were saying we lack this and that, maybe the defence needs time to gel theyre not UHU stick, and besides where would u lay our new defender??? i thought before the season started u were having headaches on who to bench from the defence, now u want a new guy esp with the likes of kaladze, pancaro, billy, colo waiting on the bench?
What about Reyes??? I know Arsenal wouldn`t sell him but anyway he is great! I`d like to see him in Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sigh: :moan: ;)
i think he suits the english game well and wouldnt want to leave, besides we dont really need him.
Peachtot
09-10-2004, 07:05
What about Reyes??? I know Arsenal wouldn`t sell him but anyway he is great! I`d like to see him in Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sigh: :moan: ;)
I think he's not qualified in milan.
MEans his type isn't suitable with italian high pressure n less creativity.
Teams always under strength tactic based on coach's instruction.
Like henry in Juve in the past, maybe.
Better to transfer dinho..
much better times n times than reyes...
Sheva, kaka, dinho(Triangle offense) next season??
Galliani : Give us the best!!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.