PDA

View Full Version : Milan's biggest rival in Europe


almilan
13-09-2004, 13:37
The champions league as we all know starts tomorrow. Wondering who people think is milans main rival for the title as i imagine most people think milan will win and hopefully we will. however there are lots of teams in with a chance foer example real madrid followed by arsenal, juve etc

Stezagud
13-09-2004, 13:49
guess who i voted for :D

and yes, it is blind faith.... ;)

almilan
13-09-2004, 13:57
guess who i voted for :D

and yes, it is blind faith.... ;)

It must be blind faith, as there is no logical reason for man u to win.

Your favourite player Keano will be a happy man today. his home county cork won the hurling all ireland yesterday.

ACMILAN1983
13-09-2004, 14:56
I say Arsenal. I know many doubt them, but from what I have seen they have been the most impressive thus far and really, there should be no reason for them to fail badly this time. Also, they have an "easy" group to get through, so they'll at least reach the knockout stages

sehnsucht79
25-09-2004, 20:02
ACMILAN1983, that's probably the first post from you I disagree with. ;)

Lombardia
26-09-2004, 03:54
guess who i voted for :D

and yes, it is blind faith.... ;)

i'd have voted for man u too, just cos ronaldo atm is on fire ferdinand is coming back and u have 4 great strikers, plus a wealth of experience. i wouldn't want to come up agaisnt u guys, but i would love to beat the hell out of them cos i can't stand fergie.

but we also have to worry about valencia,barca, arsenal and juve on current form.

real atm are not playing well but with their first team line up you have to worry about them. inter have adriano, nuff said.

Stezagud
26-09-2004, 06:35
i'd have voted for man u too, just cos ronaldo atm is on fire

at the moment he is so good its scary :cool: and the best thing is the more the opposition try to stop him the more space they leave for Giggsy on the other wing :D

Barcelona look to be fitting all their new players in though and could be a very tough prospect for any team, thank god 2 teams qualify from each group ;)

sehnsucht79
29-09-2004, 02:11
I don't get it though; why is it that Ferguson refuses to play Smith more and will always put in Fletcher??

Giggsy is class, but to be quite honest he isn't what he used to be... I reckon if MU can get one playmaker and they'd be all set. Maybe a bit improvement in the defense line, Heinze is a pretty good buy but it's still a bit shaky.

And although Tim Howard has made some numerous mistakes he is still better than Carroll. Carroll acts cowardly and wouldnt go out when it comes to corner kicks, and opponents can easily score from that.

Stezagud
29-09-2004, 12:32
I don't get it though; why is it that Ferguson refuses to play Smith more and will always put in Fletcher??

it depends on the match i suppose, if the game is already won, like yesterday, then its a good opportunity to give a youngster like Fletcher some experience. His pass for Ruuds goal was great :)

Giggsy is class, but to be quite honest he isn't what he used to be... I reckon if MU can get one playmaker and they'd be all set. Maybe a bit improvement in the defense line, Heinze is a pretty good buy but it's still a bit shaky.

The big job will be replacing Keane as he wont last more that a year or 2. Giggsy is doing ok now and Rooney and Ronaldo running at defenders will be scary enough for most teams ;) The first choice defence only played its 1st match together yesterday so i dont want to judge them for a few games really.

Utd could have a good season in Europe with these new players but i still see Barcelona as trouble. Chelsea will do well again too, remember it was Ranieri's bad decisions in Monaco that probably cost them a final place. Im never sure about Arsenal as they have all the ingrediants but never seem to put them together in Europe. I watched them destroy Premiership teams with ease but when they played PSV they seemed to have lost confidence and struggled a bit....

Henrik
29-09-2004, 12:37
It may sound corny, but I think Milan is Milans biggest rival in the Champions League. On a good day, or even average day, Milan can battle with the best of the best. But then we have those off days, like in Deportivo, where everything stalls. If we could just get over being favourites, things will work out.

zlatanov
29-09-2004, 13:45
Ourselves - no one else can stop us.

Bayman
29-09-2004, 14:02
Still Real Madrid, followed by FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Valencia and *surprise* Inter in no order.

sehnsucht79
30-09-2004, 06:03
I know Chelsea is a strong team and everything but I don't regard them as a 'real team'. They're more like a 'plastic team'.

Stezagud, is keane really going to go to jail?

Speaking of MU, I suddenly miss seeing Mark Hughes and Lee Sharpe. When I was small all my dad did was educate me about manchester united.

And then I saw Juventus........ :D

rae
30-09-2004, 06:09
The main rival in CL for Milan is .... AC Milan.
I have told it several times before...

Stezagud
30-09-2004, 12:50
Stezagud, is keane really going to go to jail?

maybe :D

i think the most he could get is 3 months but i really doubt it will happen. He broke the kids £20 necklace and really it wouldnt surprise me if this ends up in a civil court with Keano being sued for a few £000s, im sure thats what the accuser wants.

Speaking of MU, I suddenly miss seeing Mark Hughes and Lee Sharpe. When I was small all my dad did was educate me about manchester united.

the good old days, Sharpe doing his "Sharpe shuffle" dance whenever he scored :D I think hes still playing but in a really small team now...and Sparky Hughes, managing Blackburn :eek: a bad career choice for a Utd legend :(

sehnsucht79
01-10-2004, 04:27
as if on cue, today I found a local newspaper in my dad's closet - the year is 1989 - and the sports heading was "Mark Hughes to Juventus?" or something :D lol, journalists cant be trusted even back then

rae
01-10-2004, 04:32
Ohh, yeah.....I rememeber Sharpe....and his shuffle...:D
btw, I have seen him alive and have his autograph, while he had came to Lithuania to play against my beloved team Atlantas, as a member of Bolton Wanderers squad...

mihan
06-10-2004, 13:55
I'd vote for Chelsea, coz their header is our weakest point so far.

LeoQnaD
08-10-2004, 11:08
* * * FenerbahÇe * * *

LeoQnaD
19-01-2005, 16:05
* * * FenerbahÇe * * *

:djn: :rocky: :rocky: :rocky:

Giovanni
19-01-2005, 16:13
:d55: :d55: :d55: :d55:

:p017:

Henrik
20-01-2005, 05:46
* * * FenerbahÇe * * *
I bet you a bag of cash and five goats that FenerbahCe will not win the CL or knock Milan out of the CL this year ;)