View Full Version : AC Milan - Reginna (post-game comments)
GREAT! we won.....3-1
Sheva twice.....GRANDE 'LO TZAR'!!
Kaka scored again too!
Great match by RUI!! he and Kaka played together so well!
but can we please have a clean sheet for once?
other than that it was a great match, we getting better by each match....FORZA MILAN!!!!
good win for us, they scared the crap out of me there for a little while but good game too bad freaking Juve won as well but oh well we'll catch them and pass them soon :D
I'm out to watch the match.....will comment later....FORZA MILAN!!!
OMG.. this game really squeezed me.. especially the 2nd half.
I'd rather seeing Milan against strong teams rather than weaker ones.
We scored 3 (Sheva 2x + Kaka') and conceeded 1, yet again from set-piece.
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
juve ... what a joke .... 0-1 :p1510:
anyway , great game by milan !!!! RUI COSTA RULES !!!!!!!!
who's next btw ??
:3band: :3band: :3band:
didnt see match but sounds like sheva kaka and rui all played well which is good to see. unfortunately juve beat udinse, i was confident that juve would drop points today. but it seems we are improving game by game
A win is a win & I'll take it. Congrats to Sheva.
Juve will get their comeuppance sooner or later, tho' sooner is preferable. :D
still need to get the defense sorted, especially from set pieces but Sheva is on fire on the plus side!!!
didnt see match but sounds like sheva kaka and rui all played well which is good to see. unfortunately juve beat udinse, i was confident that juve would drop points today. but it seems we are improving game by game
Don't worry they will drop points sooner or later! Just got home from work, good to see Milan winning. I can relax this afternoon.
Foraa Milan! Milan Campione! :3band:
juve ... what a joke .... 0-1 :p1510:
...
It was Zalayeta. :haha:
I saw the replay, he scored from corner-kick situation.
my local TV stations broadcasted 3 Serie A matches live. but you know which one I had witness. :D
Here is a report from channel 4. Controversial??? good to see the players celebrated billy becoming a father with the cradle celebration like i suggested they would yesterday in the Achille Costacurta thread. its shows the unity of the team and the respect they have for billy
Serie A Week 5 - 3/10/04 (15.00)
Milan 3 - 1 Reggina
Shevchenko 11, 88 (M), Franceschini 59 (R), Kaka 66 (M)
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Andriy Shevchenko brace ensured Milan's second win on the trot, but it was a controversial encounter that will be talked about.
The Scudetto holders were looking for their first home win of the season and confidence was boosted by their Champions' League victory against Celtic midweek. Massimo Ambrosini was suspended and Clarence Seedorf struggling for form, so Manuel Rui Costa stepped in to the midfield along with Andrea Pirlo and Kaka. Pippo Inzaghi was on target during Wednesday's game and started alongside Andriy Shevchenko.
Reggina were unbeaten coming into this game and had the same counter-attack tactics that had proved successful here for Livorno and Messina already this season.
It took just 11 minutes for the Rossoneri to break through with on-form Shevchenko. Kaka went past his marker and cut through a fine pass for the Ukrainian to sweep it into the roof of the net.
The players all ran over to the bench and performed the Brazilian cradle celebration to mark the birth of Billy Costacurta's son Achille yesterday morning.
This goal freed up some space on the field and Milan began to take control with Rui Costa firing over the bar and Kaka using his pace to burst through the centre.
Pavarini was tested by a couple of efforts from Kaka, one intelligently set up by Rui Costa, and Shevchenko.
However, Reggina started to get back into the game towards the end of the first half and Dida rushed off his line to capture a throw-in only to be left stranded by Emiliano Bonazzoli's overhead kick, which was off target from a very tight angle.
Just as with the midweek win over Celtic, Milan seemed to take their foot off the gas in the second half and allowed Reggina to start passing the ball around.
Shevchenko fired an angled drive past the post, but Reggina were pushing and drew level from a set-piece. Shunsuke Nakamura's free kick was met by Ivan Franceschini's header. The Rossoneri have repeatedly shown this season that they are weak at defending from dead ball situations.
Milan hit back and Pavarini flew to palm Marco Cafu's rising drive out of the top corner, but they restored their lead on 66 minutes. Shevchenko sprung the offside trap and saw his first effort charged down by Pavarini, but then intelligently cut back for Kaka to slam in from a more central position.
Reggina really should have equalised for a second time soon after, as Giandomenico Mesto's low cross found Bonazzoli only for the striker to somehow balloon over the bar from six yards.
Kaka skipped past defenders down the left wing and put in the cross for Jon Dahl Tomasson, who seemed surprised and did not tap it in from eight yards.
There was a very controversial moment in the closing minutes, as Reggina saw a goal by Milan-owned Marco Borriello disallowed. The incident that caused the foul wasn't clear, but it might have been a shirt tug on Alessandro Nesta.
The Rossoneri put the result beyond doubt in spectacular fashion less than a minute later, as Shevchenko charged down the centre and unleashed a missile that slotted into the bottom corner of the net.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Pirlo (Brocchi 90), Gattuso, Rui Costa (Seedorf 68); Kaką; Shevchenko, Inzaghi (Tomasson 65)
Reggina: Pavarini; Franceschini, Zamboni, Cannarsa; Mesto, Tedesco, Mozart, Colucci (Ganci 85), Balestri; Nakamura (Borriello 68); Bonazzoli (Dionigi 81)
Ref: Trefoloni
Milanista ID
03-10-2004, 10:44
:happy:
-Another goal from free kick by Reggina :( we need Stam desperately IMO, some one who really good in the air (jumping, anticipation)
-Reggina did what they can, they knew our weakness, when our full backs Cafu and Kaladze made width moves, they'll try to concentrate to pass in flank side when they can break our attack moves, and you can imagine if they have wide players like Ronaldinho and Giuly :o
- and Sheva is da KING ! :proud:
some news from the juve match:
there was controversy just before the break when Emilson Sanchez Cribari fell under what replays suggest was a headbutt from Ibrahimovic. The incident was not seen by the referee or his assistants, so in theory it could go to TV evidence.
A suspension would be nice for him.
also david trezeguet and Pavel nedved went off injured.
so they might be dropping points sooner rather than later
yeah.. one Reggina player fouled Nesta so Boriello could headed the ball comfortably in front of Dida's goal.
It was a foul nonetheless.
watching the match right now.....great celebration of the first goal :D (Grande BILLY!)
btw, congrats to DIDA!! this was his 100th Milan match I think
watching the match right now.....great celebration of the first goal :D (Grande BILLY!)
btw, congrats to DIDA!! this was his 100th Milan match I think
where are you watching it ?
zlatanov
03-10-2004, 11:00
Milan played a very good game, except for the defence at set pieces, that is. It is good to see they have fresh legs after the wednesday game in the CL but the defence sucked big time again - Reggina scored their goal for 1-1 from a set piece (cross from a free kick to the right of Dida and only Maldini was tryibg to prevent the goal) and virtually equalized again for 2-2 after a very similar situation but this time to the left of Dida. I say "virtually" for the goal was disallowed for a reason that became clear only to Trefoloni (the ref) and I have to say I would have felt "robbed and mugged" if this had been Milan and not Reggina. Had this been Juve or Inter, I really doubt the foul (?) would have been given so let's not make things look better than they actually are for if Reggina had equalized for 2-2 with 2-3 min remaining, the outcome of the game would have been very, very different.
Apart from these defensive mishaps, I saw a lively Milan who played with tons of confidence but yet again we played our best when Reggina threathened us and didn't manage to close the game and leave no doubt who the winner was gonna be.
Gabrielle
03-10-2004, 11:02
Reggina's goal...is it our defence's fault?Milan's keeping me at the edge of my seat these days....Thank you for saving us again Sheva!!FORZA LO TSAR!!!:D
oh yeah...Sorry for causing the confusion in the games comment thread..please don't ban moi :tong:
watching the match right now.....great celebration of the first goal :D (Grande BILLY!)
btw, congrats to DIDA!! this was his 100th Milan match I think
hay Carlitos que suertudo que lo puedes ver.....just said that he's lucky he can watch the game :D
I hope we get pictures of the celebration as I'm dying to see it :rone:
FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!
where are you watching it ?
Gol TV, second half is about to start
hay Carlitos que suertudo que lo puedes ver
I know :D :D ...but once I am back to college I won't be lucky anymore...there we only have channels that show EPL :o
oh yeah...Sorry for causing the confusion in the games comment thread..please don't ban moi :tong:
causing confusion?? lady, you almost caused me a heartattack! :skull:
:D :D :D
Gol TV, second half is about to start
I know :D :D ...but once I am back to college I won't be lucky anymore...there we only have channels that show EPL :o
in that case sweetie, enjoy it while you can :hug: btw when do you go back?
oh yeah...Sorry for causing the confusion in the games comment thread..please don't ban moi :tong:
OMG girl you so scared the crap out of many of us :2whis: but should be punishement enough :pom: LOL j/k I just needed an excuse to use it hehehe
:happy:
-Another goal from free kick by Reggina :( we need Stam desperately IMO, some one who really good in the air (jumping, anticipation)
-Reggina did what they can, they knew our weakness, when our full backs Cafu and Kaladze made width moves, they'll try to concentrate to pass in flank side when they can break our attack moves, and you can imagine if they have wide players like Ronaldinho and Giuly :o
- and Sheva is da KING ! :proud:
Agreed on Stam to partner Nesta in central defence.
Maldini this season has been a liability in central defence. Not only has he lost his pace, but his vertical leap too. We can't rely on Nesta to bail us out of jail week in week out, and it can be said that Nesta was not really having an excellent game today. For his and Milan's good, I hope Paolo can consider his retirement as the end of this season, instead of stretching for another year.
Baresi retired a season too late, and I don't want Paolo to follow his footsteps.
Good game by Milan!
Sheva, Kaka and Rui played especially well but the defence is still questionable on set-pieces :(.
Btw I noticed Sheva was involved in all of Milan's last 8 goals!
Scored 2 vs Lazio, Scored vs Celtic,Assisted to Inzaghi for the 2nd and got the foul for the Pirlo Freekick.
Scored 2 today and assisted to Kaka for the 3rd.
He and Kaka are on fire!
why do i have the feeling that we are playing like real madrid nowadays? we are just going forward full force. even gattuso seem to have some chances to score. yes, its very nice to see us attacking but heck, can we just try to tighten things at the back? if not because of the fact we have much better defenders than real madrid then we might find ourselves in trouble now.
Grande-Milan-DK
03-10-2004, 13:21
It`s some stupid goals we get against us - but at least our defence is not out-played. I don understand as "oldies" as Maldini, Nesta etc don`t manage to cover for such set pieces - it is about to "push" the players a bit, so they can`s controlle their headers.
I saw the whole Udine-Juve match - Zlatan should have been Sent Off!. He has to be punished be TV, it was not a kind of accident.
Juve not at all impres me either - they have a good defense, even Udinese attacked with few players. Their attack seems harmless - Zlatan is the only who manage to create something dangerous. Juve will lose points and as far I see Milan have good chances to defend the title if we start to controlle the defense a bit more.
in that case sweetie, enjoy it while you can :hug: btw when do you go back?
at the end of November, just in time for winter :p1510:
GuySmiley
03-10-2004, 14:05
kaka and sheva on fire....
pirlo getting back to his best, rui too.
kaladze, and gattuso didn't play good this time. Gattuso made a lot of bad pass, and often disappear in the game. Could have helped cafu on right side more in attack. Kaladze made some stupid mistakes, often failed to cover the left side, and responsible for Reggina's goal (he should man mark the player, not sheva).
Maldini had a bad day....lost his pace :depress:
just a little worried about milan's inability to capitialize on their dominance of matches early on. i am also worried if milan can manage if kaka / sheva are injured :(
It's a matter of concentration, I think.
They are not 100% focused yet.
I'm not worried at all.
Warro Bantan
03-10-2004, 17:59
Again the scoreline seems to flatter us...while Sheva's brilliance saves us yet again. I think that Colo should get some playing time, as he is good in the air, and skillfull enuf on the ball to get a start....
I havent seen the match, but from reports and posts that I have read, Sheva continues to be our "get-out-of-jail-free" card, while the defense continues to ship goals like a oil tanker ships crude.
Ancelotti may not be showing his disquiet publicly, but if Milan continue to squander chances, while allowing an odd goal or two from set pieces, his demeanor may change rather swiftly.
IMO, we need to blood Colo, as he should prove usefull in the air vs set pieces, at least until Stam gets back...Carlo has to work this out before we face Barca, or a team with a tough defense...
BaggioForever
03-10-2004, 21:32
agree...coloccini should come on and have a good run @ defence...mayb it will prove fruitful... :rone:
agree...coloccini should come on and have a good run @ defence...mayb it will prove fruitful... :rone:
Yes I want to see Colo in game to!!! I never seen his game before and I hope I will in next game! :w143:
ACMILAN1983
04-10-2004, 09:48
Great result.
Don't really know what happened, but Sheva and Kaka are on fire lately, although our defence needs to get better.
Anyway...
FORZA KAKA!
FORZA SHEVA!!
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Milan played a very good game, except for the defence at set pieces, that is. It is good to see they have fresh legs after the wednesday game in the CL but the defence sucked big time again - Reggina scored their goal for 1-1 from a set piece (cross from a free kick to the right of Dida and only Maldini was tryibg to prevent the goal) and virtually equalized again for 2-2 after a very similar situation but this time to the left of Dida. I say "virtually" for the goal was disallowed for a reason that became clear only to Trefoloni (the ref) and I have to say I would have felt "robbed and mugged" if this had been Milan and not Reggina. Had this been Juve or Inter, I really doubt the foul (?) would have been given so let's not make things look better than they actually are for if Reggina had equalized for 2-2 with 2-3 min remaining, the outcome of the game would have been very, very different.
Apart from these defensive mishaps, I saw a lively Milan who played with tons of confidence but yet again we played our best when Reggina threathened us and didn't manage to close the game and leave no doubt who the winner was gonna be.
i don't think the goal was disallowed. in the first place, there is no reason why the goal should stand. the ref already sound his whistle BEFORE the goal went in and some of the players already stop moving. i mean boriello should have heard the whistle before he even head the ball. the foul may not be justified but the same goes to the "goal". whistle already gone off so how can they score a goal? sorry, they can argue that the foul call is wrong but they can't say that the goal should stay.
zlatanov
05-10-2004, 01:58
i don't think the goal was disallowed. in the first place, there is no reason why the goal should stand. the ref already sound his whistle BEFORE the goal went in and some of the players already stop moving. i mean boriello should have heard the whistle before he even head the ball. the foul may not be justified but the same goes to the "goal". whistle already gone off so how can they score a goal? sorry, they can argue that the foul call is wrong but they can't say that the goal should stay.
Yeah, I know that the whistle went off while the ball was in in the air but do you think something alse other than a ball in the net would have happened if there was no call from the ref? In case the foul wasn't called, I don't think that Milan defenders would have acted any diferently than the way they did with the foul being called - hope you see my point. Furthermore, I really doubt a foul like this would have been called if it was Juve or Real we were playing with - even Milan players seemed at a loss what the ref saw wrong there.
Whenever I try to judge a call like that I always imagine how I would feel if it was Milan in that other team's place and, to tell you the truth, I am sure, if that was the case, right now this forum would have been flooded with curses towards the ref.
Was there a goal? Of course not for the ref blew the whistle before Bori even touched the ball. Did the whistle make Milan players back down and allow Bori to head the ball in - only in our dreams of a concentrated Milan team.
Yeah, I know that the whistle went off while the ball was in in the air but do you think something alse other than a ball in the net would have happened if there was no call from the ref? In case the foul wasn't called, I don't think that Milan defenders would have acted any diferently than the way they did with the foul being called - hope you see my point. Furthermore, I really doubt a foul like this would have been called if it was Juve or Real we were playing with - even Milan players seemed at a loss what the ref saw wrong there.
Whenever I try to judge a call like that I always imagine how I would feel if it was Milan in that other team's place and, to tell you the truth, I am sure, if that was the case, right now this forum would have been flooded with curses towards the ref.
Was there a goal? Of course not for the ref blew the whistle before Bori even touched the ball. Did the whistle make Milan players back down and allow Bori to head the ball in - only in our dreams of a concentrated Milan team.
ou are definitely right, but it's hard to make a 'if' anyway.
If boro scored, would Tomasson or Sheva score again in the last few minutes?
Hard to tell, because that's what they do in the last few games too.
***Hard to tell***
Jeff
Yeah, I know that the whistle went off while the ball was in in the air but do you think something alse other than a ball in the net would have happened if there was no call from the ref? In case the foul wasn't called, I don't think that Milan defenders would have acted any diferently than the way they did with the foul being called - hope you see my point. Furthermore, I really doubt a foul like this would have been called if it was Juve or Real we were playing with - even Milan players seemed at a loss what the ref saw wrong there.
Whenever I try to judge a call like that I always imagine how I would feel if it was Milan in that other team's place and, to tell you the truth, I am sure, if that was the case, right now this forum would have been flooded with curses towards the ref.
Was there a goal? Of course not for the ref blew the whistle before Bori even touched the ball. Did the whistle make Milan players back down and allow Bori to head the ball in - only in our dreams of a concentrated Milan team.
i know what u are thinking about. what i am trying to say is that its not like the ref is helping us like u suggested or hinted. He think that nesta was fouled and blow the whistle to sound his intent that its a foul. that's all.
DavieBoy
08-10-2004, 13:58
juve ... what a joke .... 0-1 :p1510:
anyway , great game by milan !!!! RUI COSTA RULES !!!!!!!!
who's next btw ??
:3band: :3band: :3band:
mate,where are you????are you a live!!!!
Sheva once again scored two fantastic goals and set up Kaka too! That combination is just gonna develop and get better over the season and I know we are having difficulties at the back but we WILL sort ourselves out I am very confident of that and I do not think Paolo is losing it! Only 3 points of Juve and we are no-where near top gear in my opinion!!!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.