PDA

View Full Version : Studying in Milan - Bocconi university - help plz


EL MATADOR
11-10-2004, 23:20
I'm very set on studying in Bocconi university (downtown Milano), any information would be great. I study commerce and intent to go for the 2nd session which is at the start of 2006 and attend the soccer world cup as well.

Most importsnt does anyone know when the session starts and finishes (approximately) and exam times - does it clash with the world cup? See I live in the souther hemisphere so I dunno this.

Im really interested in the soccer and intend to see Lazio play as much as I can. I think I will have to make a show with a #13 nesta Lazio jersey for the Milan-Inter derby. I really dont like Inter so would cheer for Milan.

But yeh I'm really looking forward to studying overseas. Hope it pans out and thanks for help in advance guys.

ACM
12-10-2004, 05:45
I did both degrees & my masters at Bocconi. Universita Cattolica also in Milano is an option. The courses are very demanding so I dont know how much times you will be able to goto the football!

Do your research and ask your questions here (http://www.uni-bocconi.it/index.php?fe_cambia_lingua=E&nav_level1=&nav_level2=&nav_level3=)

Forza Milan

Giovanni
12-10-2004, 05:51
exams normally are in september december january february may june july
the system is organised by semesters: the courses normally starts in middle or late september and finish in december..then they start again in february and finish in may

sehnsucht79
12-10-2004, 21:35
isn't this university famous for its econs major, though? Anyway, heard this uni is the 'harvard' of Italy.

a little info from a user named Elnur at Juventuz forums;

Very strong business school, in the heart of Milano. I've been there. I know one guy who got his undergrad at Bocconi, worked for 4 years, then got his MBA at U of Michigan, went back to Milano and is now working for McKinsey and Company (the best consulting firm in the world).

When I was applying to U Mich he was interviewing me.

mk18
13-10-2004, 11:38
im looking for universities and i was thinking of bocconi as well... but i went to the official website and its all in italian, can anyone tell if it has any of the following courses: football management, sports amnagement, football studies... or anything that has to do with sports, football to be specific??? i may want to study biznis then take 2 years studying those 2 courses, plus ill get my cacio and CL season tickets!!!

ariel
13-10-2004, 12:37
Do you guys happen to know if they also sign post graduate students?I want to continue my studies either in italy or uk when i graduate(am on my 3rd year now,my uni lasts 4).....and if they do,are there linguistics or foreign languages departments concerning interpreting and translating?(i study english and few other foreign langs)
Even better if someone has a link of bocconi uni, post it.

ariel
13-10-2004, 12:39
Ooops..didn`t see that ACM posted the link...grazie.:)

mk18
13-10-2004, 13:09
by the way how far is the san siro from the campus???

EL MATADOR
14-10-2004, 22:14
Thanks for the replies.

So then if I were to go there my exams would be during the world cup? Hmmmm. Also I know it will be demanding but I'm sure I can take a bit of time off every week to watch a bit of soccer.

And Bocconi is the big uni, well that means I probably have to raise my grades :)