View Full Version : AC Milan - Fiorentina (pre-game comments)
This is our last game before facing the Zebras, who will visit Bologna in this round. A win is a must, but then again, when is winning a Serie A game not a must? Fiorentina will be tough sure, but we can beat anyone if we are up to it ;)
anyway, comments?
depending on how fit the players are I would like to see this lineup:
------------ Dida -------------
Cafu - Nesta - Maldini - Kaladze
- Dhorasoo -- Pirlo -- Seedorf -
------ Kaka ------ Rui --------
----------- Sheva -----------
but since it is Carlo, and not me ;) , who decides the lineup, I think we will see this lineup:
------------ Dida ------------
Cafu - Nesta - Maldini - Pancaro
--- Rino --- Pirlo --- Seedorf --
----------- Kaka ------------
-----Sheva ------- Crespo ----
either way I'm sure we will win this one....FORZA MILAN!!! :firedev:
Winning against Fiorentina is very important because it is our last home game before the winter break, and it comes one week before the crucial match against Juventus. To start the new year in good shape, we need results and points and keep close to the top as much as possible.
Fiorentina is a bit disappointing as of now and are not really scoring much (except the one game against Lecce). If we are able to maintain Miccoli and neutralize Maresca, we should be able to keep them from scoring, and the rest is up to Kaka,Sheva and Crespo. I hope for a comfortable victory. Just do not leave it to the last 10 minutes again.
Despite Dhorasso's good form, I prefer to see Gattuso in his usual defensive midfield position. And yes, if Rui could start or at least get 30 minutes of play, it would be beneficial.
my money goes for Milan,
FORZA MILAN
This is a home game. Most teams that come to San Siro (to play Milan anyway ;)) defend with 10 players behind the ball. In a situation like that Pirlo's usefullness is limited. His great strength is to start quick counter-attacks with those long precise passes. Against a team like Fiorentina, I suspect we are better served with players who are fast and can dribble the ball (like Kaka and D'horasso) than great playmakers (like Pirlo and Rui Costa).
I therefore propose a midfield with: D'horasoo - Gattuso - Seedorf behind Kaka.
In games played mostly on the opponents side of the pitch, we seem to have had trouble spreading the game out on the left (Cafu is doing his job on the right). I would therefore like to see Serginho as LB in games like this (and Kaladze in games against more formidable opponents).
This is a home game. Most teams that come to San Siro (to play Milan anyway ;)) defend with 10 players behind the ball. In a situation like that Pirlo's usefullness is limited. His great strength is to start quick counter-attacks with those long precise passes. Against a team like Fiorentina, I suspect we are better served with players who are fast and can dribble the ball (like Kaka and D'horasso) than great playmakers (like Pirlo and Rui Costa).
I therefore propose a midfield with: D'horasoo - Gattuso - Seedorf behind Kaka.
In games played mostly on the opponents side of the pitch, we seem to have had trouble spreading the game out on the left (Cafu is doing his job on the right). I would therefore like to see Serginho as LB in games like this (and Kaladze in games against more formidable opponents).
some good points there.
derekhski
08-12-2004, 14:16
I would like to see the following line up for the Fiorentina game. I think that it would be good to rest some of our top stars, but also keep them tuned up for top flight play, since Juve :swars: is next week.
Cafu, Coloccini, Maldini (either Pancaro or Kaladze)
Ambrosini, Dhorasso, Seedorf
Kaka, Rui
Crespo (or Sheva)
I know that I said rest some of the first team players, but then loaded the feild with may of them, but its hard to feild a strong, porgresive team without certain players. One thought is to not play Dhorasso, as to rest him for Juve, since he is becomming a shinning Star at Milan :u56:
This game cost 3 pts and game vs Juve 6 pts, but that game is 6 days later, so play the best.
Warro Bantan
09-12-2004, 14:08
Josh, I tend to echo your sentiments except where Dhorasso is concerned. I think he should get the nod, but knowing Carlo as I/we do, he will play Rino.
In fact, because Fiorentina will play with 10 defenders, we need Rui, and Kaka, who both can dribble, as well as Dhorasso, mayb at the expense of Seedorf, with Ambro to give us the midfield muscle. Pirlo should start, as his shrt distance passing is also as good as his long range bombs.
---Sheva---
Rui----Kaka
Ambro---Pirlo---Dhorasso
Any 4 defenders Carlo wants to name.
----Dida----
I think we should win this game comfortably, but when was the last time we had an easy game, ie one in which we score 2 in the first half, then one or two more in the second to seal off the victory?
Honestly, a win is a win, and a win is what counts. the best tonic for our match vs Juve.
2-0, Sheva and Kaka.
I am expecting a big win. We won with Chievo 1-0 while they had some great chances.(Thank you Dida) We came from behind at Parma while we did not score at Celtic. Do not get me wrong and do not attack me. Milan is playing great. I will more pleased with 1-0s or coming from behinds. The only reason I want a big win now is because we need it before the Juventus game. It will also put some pressure on them as it will show that we are going to hunt them down and that defence of theirs will get bombed.
Milan - Fiorentina : 3-0 (Has Sheva scored a hat trick yet?..hehe :1d31: )
Forza Milan!!!!!
maldini020
10-12-2004, 06:59
Hi guys! i think it will be a tough match, but we must and WILL win! After the last good perfomances i expect very much for this match! Fiorentina is easier to play than ohter teams like Atalanta, Siena, Brescia...., because they come to the San Siro to play a open match, and not defend for the whole 90 minutes! so i predict a 3-1 win for us! (2xsheva, kaka - miccoli)
My favourite line up:
DIDA
CAFU-NESTA-MALDINI-KALADZE
GATTUSO-PIRLO-SEEDORF
KAKA
SHEVCHENKO-CRESPO
Dhorasoo and Rui should play the second half!i think Rui C. will be very motivated against his former team!!
FORZA MILAN!!!! VINCI PER NO!!!!!!!!!
Squad for tomorrow:
Portieri: Dida e Fiori
Difensori: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta e Pancaro
Centrocampisti: Ambrosini, Dhorasoo, Gattuso, Kaká, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf e Serginho
Attaccanti: Crespo e Shevchenko.
ACMILAN1983
12-12-2004, 00:03
This is a very important match. Not only are 3 points vital, but the team must beat an in form side.
With a victory, not only do we get a major psychological boost, but the pressure is really piled onto Juve.
A win here is a must imo
Lets hope the players are well focused, they definately sound it in interviews
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BaggioForever
12-12-2004, 05:25
I have been away since seeing Crespo and Kaka finishing Palermo in fine style (2 goals each) ... n if im not wrong, Crespo have been scoring ever since (correct me if im wrong) ..so this time i expect nothing less from him unless he is not 100% :D
In the midst of meeting the Old Lady, i feel we should rest a few main players, but since its 6 more days till the Big MAtch, ahh heck it! i say we go all out with our best players man!!~ :r14: The debate on Dhorasoo and Gattuso, i really cannot comment much since i only saw Dhor once...the only fact i can make out is Dhor is more attacking than Gattuso, thus Dhor can add more firepower to our attack while Gattuso can help us win back the ball. However like what Warro Bantan had said, Viola will play with 10 men :haha: , playing Gattuso might limit our attack, with the build up task rested solely on Kaka, Pirlo and Cafu. So i guess we should play Dhorasoo whom will assist Kaka in the ground assault while Pirlo and Cafu will send waves of aerial attack to fully crumple the 10 man defence of Fiorentina and punch through the opposite net :ilol:
since onli miccoli is the only attacker :D , i say we will get a clean sheet tonite!~
my 2 cents since a while :zany:
ive got a feeling crespo is gonna score today :D
BaggioForever
12-12-2004, 06:38
ive got a feeling crespo is gonna score today :D
i second tt feeling :ilol:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.