PDA

View Full Version : The Foolish Luis Aragones


Rapierist
31-12-2004, 15:20
From www.football365.co.uk


Aragones creates new stir
Friday December 31 2004

Spain coach Luis Aragones has dug himself deeper into a hole over his remark about Thierry Henry by now referring to Jose Antonio Reyes as "a gypsy".

Aragones faces disciplinary action from the Spanish FA, who have launched an investigation into his comments to Reyes about his Arsenal team-mate.

Now, in an interview with Madrid newspaper El Mundo, Aragones tried to defend himself but succeeded only in making things worse.

Aragones said: "Reyes is ethnically a gypsy, I have got a lot of gypsy and black friends, I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't care about their skin colour.

"All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I don't know if this is true, but if it is, :dielaugh:

Man, some people really ought to learn when to shut up. :haha:

ACMILAN1983
31-12-2004, 16:41
"All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black."


This sentence shows how dumb Aragones is :rolleyes:

rae
31-12-2004, 17:17
IMO this thing is too much exaggarated.... who cares is henry more white than black or vice versa...... but everyone knows his arrogance and etc. :fero:

Shomo
02-01-2005, 10:09
IMO this thing is too much exaggarated.... who cares is henry more white than black or vice versa...... but everyone knows his arrogance and etc. :fero:

Oh Please Just Tell us the simple answer for god sake-
"Because you are Man Ure Fan that's why you hate Henry"
Simple Answer
instead of talking about Arrogance who cares,what would say on Samuel Eto'o who is more arrogant than henry when he scores

rae
02-01-2005, 14:00
not only the arrogance is the reason why I dont like henry... but I'd better not repeat em once more...;)

mk18
02-01-2005, 17:25
if u think henry is arrogant about something then please dont tell us because we dont really wanna know... and u question why people are slandering u these days?? ... just stop trying to bring politics into things.

Josy7
03-01-2005, 00:08
if he really said that he should be put in the books next to keegan for stupidity..

:wow: :rotfl:

Stezagud
04-01-2005, 08:34
Aragones strikes me as one of those old men who political correctness has passed by, i certainly dont think he is intentionally racist as no one can be so stupid as to use "All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black." as an excuse :eek: that said, he is responsible for his own ignorance and if it costs him his job then he has only himself to blame.


just stop trying to bring politics into things.

Henry's arrogance is a political issue? :confused:

Rapierist
04-01-2005, 12:00
Aragones strikes me as one of those old men who political correctness has passed by

Like Big Ron.

I certainly don't support Aragones' views, but I think 'political correctness' too has gone too far. You know, banning shows on British television where British actors would make fun of accents (which was genuinely funny, and even if there was a racist undercurrent to it, it never seemed prominent), stuff like The Benny Hill show in the 60s.
Also it is quite annoying when people refer to their pets (or any other animals) with pronouns used for people (He/She instead of 'It') and expect you to do the same.