PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Fan Club?


cuore
12-01-2005, 18:51
Hey I see theres quite a few canadians here and a couple of montrealers. I heard of the Montreal Milan fan club and am interested to join. Can anyone give me some info?

San Siro
12-01-2005, 20:35
I don't know about Montreal's club, but I'd love to know if there's one in Toronto. But since I'm almost certain that there isn't one, how about we all Milanisti in TO gather to create a Milan Fan Club? Anyone up for that?

Cheers.;)

Angel_Cic
12-01-2005, 21:53
um i'm too far from toronto...can i join? :tong: :D

FORZA MILAN!!!

Reza
12-01-2005, 22:53
I am up for a Toronto (and surrounding area :D) fan club

BG1
13-01-2005, 00:02
I'm from Montreal but I haven't heard of a Milan fan club here.
When I went to the Supercup between Juve and Milan a couple of years ago there were 2 buses of Milan supporters from Montreal who came to see the game, but I don't know If they were part of a fan club or just an arranged trip.

Reza
13-01-2005, 00:09
Concerning Montreal, if I remember correctly Billy (AcMilan_Montreal) posted something about an official club there...not sure but maybe he or others can clarify

Staci
13-01-2005, 00:39
Ok as far as the fan club in T.O. .....I'm in !!!

Giovanni
13-01-2005, 03:51
there were 2 buses of Milan supporters from Montreal who came to see the game, but I don't know If they were part of a fan club or just an arranged trip.
probably they were just Billy Montreal's strict relatives :cool: :1whis: :wow:

cuore
13-01-2005, 10:05
The two buses from montreal to the game were organised by Evangelista Sports (local soccer store).

Jim_UK
13-01-2005, 14:53
Can i join ? Please :sweeteye:


:D

San Siro
13-01-2005, 19:15
So, let us get the facts together about organizing one fan club in Toronto.
How do we start? And what would/should this club do? Like organize parties to view the games together in a room/bar/or other place with a big screen and super sound stereo. If anyone has a cd of the songs by the Curva Sud, we could play out loud them while watching the match!:devil:

We could also organize other activities like organized trips to Milano or when the team comes to North America during the summer.

Other good things could be small little clubs within the club. I'd have a good idea for a starter! The Milan Massimo Moratti Fan Club!!!:D :jester: In case you didn't know, I am the creator and founder of such a club in Xtratime!:stuckup: My goal is to do the same off line! Who would be up for that? :devil:

Anyone serious about creating/starting a Milan Club in Toronto please post your suggestions and how we could proceed.

Others from outside of Toronto or from where there is already a Milan Club in your areas, please share some tips/ideas on how it's done and how to do it.

Let us get this started Diavoletti e Diavolette!!!!:devil:

Cheers.;)

Giovanni
13-01-2005, 20:13
If anyone has a cd of the songs by the Curva Sud, we could play out loud them while watching the match!:devil:



for that there's no problem, i know some people who has it.

i would like to suggest the name: MILAN CLUB "ZIO FESTER" :devil:

cuore
13-01-2005, 20:54
hahha ok well I starte dthis topic about montreal and its turned into a toronto thing. I say we close this baby down...;) Just kidding. I just hate toronto. But you guys no how it is.

Billy_Montreal
15-01-2005, 11:18
The two buses from montreal to the game were organised by Evangelista Sports (local soccer store).

ERRRRRRRRR WRONG DUDE.

The most kick ass bus was organized from the MILAN CLUB (our club). IN fact the Evangelista bus were all Juventini to which we kept reminding them of the CL final at every rest stop.

:3band:

Billy_Montreal
15-01-2005, 11:23
More over, if anyone was at the Juve-Milan final then you certainly felt our Club presence.

Behind the Juve bench was a banner that spanned exactly 45 feet reading:

GRAZIE CAMPIONI D"EUROPA...MILAN CLUB S.B. MONTREAL.

That was our doing .... and we even managed to speak to Giants Stadium staff beforehand to put it RIGHT BEHIND THE JUVE BENCH :de3:

I posted a picture of that sign some time ago.

P.S. From what I remember there is Toronto Milan club but it may have dissolved. Basically clubs must have official team status: pay yearly fees to the Association of Milan Clubs located at Via Turati and send club info: President reports, voting tables, etc. In return the team sends materials: posters, caps, shirts, cards, etc.
Our club is one of the oldest in North America and with that some members became appreciated by Gandini (player personnel at the time) and Ramaccioni who helped get us tickets when we attended games overseas.

Angel_Cic
15-01-2005, 14:24
So, let us get the facts together about organizing one fan club in Toronto.
How do we start? And what would/should this club do? Like organize parties to view the games together in a room/bar/or other place with a big screen and super sound stereo. If anyone has a cd of the songs by the Curva Sud, we could play out loud them while watching the match!:devil:

We could also organize other activities like organized trips to Milano or when the team comes to North America during the summer.

Other good things could be small little clubs within the club. I'd have a good idea for a starter! The Milan Massimo Moratti Fan Club!!!:D :jester: In case you didn't know, I am the creator and founder of such a club in Xtratime!:stuckup: My goal is to do the same off line! Who would be up for that? :devil:

Anyone serious about creating/starting a Milan Club in Toronto please post your suggestions and how we could proceed.

Others from outside of Toronto or from where there is already a Milan Club in your areas, please share some tips/ideas on how it's done and how to do it.

Let us get this started Diavoletti e Diavolette!!!!:devil:

Cheers.;)

i think this is an awsome idea and i think you'd get a big turn out for these kinds of events and gatherings. the problem is...getting is started. getting a group to take the initiative and responsibility of creating the club.

i think even something as simple as getting together somewhere with a big screen t.v to view the games together is a great idea and a good start :)

let's do thissssss :firedev:

Billy_Montreal
15-01-2005, 16:09
i think this is an awsome idea and i think you'd get a big turn out for these kinds of events and gatherings. the problem is...getting is started. getting a group to take the initiative and responsibility of creating the club.

i think even something as simple as getting together somewhere with a big screen t.v to view the games together is a great idea and a good start :)

let's do thissssss :firedev:

One more suggestion...beat the crap out of those four guys on TLN on Sunday nights who comment on the matches. Those guys make me want to blow my brains out when they try to discuss soccer.

Anyone seen these clowns?

Giovanni
15-01-2005, 17:38
If Angel comes to your gatherings, i guess there will be a significant improvement of memberships :sun:

Angel_Cic
15-01-2005, 18:27
One more suggestion...beat the crap out of those four guys on TLN on Sunday nights who comment on the matches. Those guys make me want to blow my brains out when they try to discuss soccer.

Anyone seen these clowns?

i usually flip the channel when they're on...i can't stand them :groan: as i will be more stressed with the coming of exams, relieving my stress by punching those guys out will be a pleasure :D

Angel_Cic
15-01-2005, 18:29
If Angel comes to your gatherings, i guess there will be a significant improvement of memberships :sun:

what ever could you be talking about gio? :dontkn:



:angel:

Billy_Montreal
16-01-2005, 13:57
what ever could you be talking about gio? :dontkn:



:angel:

I suggest Angel pops out of a cake at our next Scudetto Party :p283:

Angel_Cic
16-01-2005, 15:32
I suggest Angel pops out of a cake at our next Scudetto Party :p283:

i don't do the whole cake thing...sorry :D

but my band will perform :tong: that's if carlos' cockiness has been brought down. he ditched our group these last months to persue his solo career...pfft.





:D

Goirre
16-01-2005, 15:39
haha, come on Mia, you know I would never do that :angel:

lets bring it on :p017:

cuore
16-01-2005, 19:08
Ok so can you give me some info AcMilan_Montreal? are you the president? how can I join?

Angel_Cic
16-01-2005, 20:15
haha, come on Mia, you know I would never do that :angel:

lets bring it on :p017:

now we just gotta round up sandra, trini and the rest of the band...and we're all set :tong:

cuore
16-01-2005, 20:26
More over, if anyone was at the Juve-Milan final then you certainly felt our Club presence.

Behind the Juve bench was a banner that spanned exactly 45 feet reading:

GRAZIE CAMPIONI D"EUROPA...MILAN CLUB S.B. MONTREAL.

That was our doing .... and we even managed to speak to Giants Stadium staff beforehand to put it RIGHT BEHIND THE JUVE BENCH :de3:

I posted a picture of that sign some time ago.

P.S. From what I remember there is Toronto Milan club but it may have dissolved. Basically clubs must have official team status: pay yearly fees to the Association of Milan Clubs located at Via Turati and send club info: President reports, voting tables, etc. In return the team sends materials: posters, caps, shirts, cards, etc.
Our club is one of the oldest in North America and with that some members became appreciated by Gandini (player personnel at the time) and Ramaccioni who helped get us tickets when we attended games overseas.

Ya I remeber seeing the banner. Amazing. I just saw the picture and it completely reminded me of the atmosphere that day. The intense heat and the energy in the crowd. I remeber Pierluigi Collina got a bigger applause then the two teams. I miss that guy. Anyways Can you send me some info at [email protected]. Where on the island are you from?

Billy_Montreal
16-01-2005, 23:52
Ya I remeber seeing the banner. Amazing. I just saw the picture and it completely reminded me of the atmosphere that day. The intense heat and the energy in the crowd. I remeber Pierluigi Collina got a bigger applause then the two teams. I miss that guy. Anyways Can you send me some info at [email protected]. Where on the island are you from?

I'll see that you are added to the mailing list.

cuore
18-01-2005, 21:12
I'll see that you are added to the mailing list.


umm..ok is that it? you ant give me any more info than that?

Billy_Montreal
19-01-2005, 23:51
umm..ok is that it? you ant give me any more info than that?

I pretty much covered it in my PM Cuore...you have questions..ask away... :)

cuore
20-01-2005, 21:48
Ok well you haven,t told me how i can join...

Billy_Montreal
20-01-2005, 22:49
Ok well you haven,t told me how i can join...

Either...come to the next party: we usually have a table reserved to sign up new members and hand them the materials: this year it is a poster, calendar, cap, membership card and something else (all sent from the team). I am not part of the governing party (they are elected).. I don't really have time to be that involved.
I'll find out if there is a faster way.

Thanks

cuore
21-01-2005, 20:08
wheres the headquarters?

thanks

Billy_Montreal
21-01-2005, 21:58
wheres the headquarters?

thanks

Headquarters?? You have to understand that this is a non-profit club...the only revenue we receive is from memberships and annual parties. That goes back towards the parties: we have give aways like jerseys, balls, milan gear and a grand prize trip to a match. It would be insane to rent a place because a) we simply don't need it. b) there is no way these clubs can afford it.
Usually meetings, elections, etc. are held in a restaurant in Little Italy. thanks

cuore
22-01-2005, 00:17
alrite...thanks for the info...I think im done and I'll deffinetly check it out.

San Siro
22-01-2005, 22:44
Yeah I know what you mean about those clowns on TLN...they're funny but when it comes to football, they dont cut it for me. I find the Interista quite funny tough...:D

So, who's up for getting together to start something in Toronto? At least in the beginning to gather together and watch the matches of our beloved team and then, if we have enough people, eventually start an official club. A friend, on Devilsmania posted that it usually cost about 200 Euros to set up the Milan club. Any one got more info on that?

Cheers.;)

Giovanni
23-01-2005, 03:48
Usually meetings, elections, etc. are held in a restaurant in Little Italy. thanks
:sun: :gun: :gun:

Staci
31-01-2005, 10:50
Well, people don't seem to be jumping on this bandwagon, I don't know why I think it sounds like a fabulous idea. Like you said San Siro, to even just get together with some other Milan fans to cheer on the team. I think it would be a lot of fun .....I'm in !!!

Staci
31-01-2005, 11:29
Why don't we start by finding out how many people here on MM are from Toronto or the surroundig area ? Then we can at least see if there are enough Milan fans to gather.....

Reza
25-02-2005, 16:10
I am bumping this thread :D if not an actual club lets arrange to watch the game or just meet. I should probably make a separate Toronto thread ;)

Angel_Cic
25-02-2005, 16:16
i think you should reza...and start a list up of whos interested...and from there (if there's a good turnout) arrange a location to meet to watch a game :) I"M IN!