View Full Version : Milan - What Bars And Clubs To Go To ?
wils6000
17-01-2005, 12:17
hi everyone- i am after any recommendations on what bars and clubs to go to in Milan- and where they are and whether expensive etc etc.
all info would be welcome - its a big city so bound to be many hidden gems !!!
hope you can help !!!
The rocket........... ask gio for confirmation :w163:
Giovanni
17-01-2005, 15:23
I don't know, i'm from Torino, not Milano
The Como Corso district good, good few clubs there including Club Hollywood where the celebs go, I was there myself twice last May and had no problems getting in so dont be put off by the VIP image
The Como Corso district good, good few clubs there including Club Hollywood where the celebs go, I was there myself twice last May and had no problems getting in so dont be put off by the VIP image
Isnīt that the club Maldini co-owns??
Giovanni
19-01-2005, 03:43
Isnīt that the club Maldini co-owns??
No, i think Maldini owns the C-side with Brocchi and another guy.But i don't remember very well. They have clubs restaurants and other shops so it's not easy to remember all the partneships :confused:
Several good bars and clubs in town.
Ac couple of decent bars depending on what you;re looking for are Bar Victoria which is trendy enough and not far from La Scala. Good food in the happy hour here. Pint is 5 euro.
For football you can go to English Football Pub just of via Torino. Regular price is about 4.25 euro a pint.
Anothe Irish Bar in that are is O'Connels which is quite good.
Along Naviglia there are plenty of places to go with The Scimmie being not too bad and they hold comedy and band nights.
Cant say too much about the clubs as I don't frequent them.
Hope this helps.
Avoid the following: Rob Roy Bar (a pick up joint) just off Piazza Duomo and Pogues (Irish Bar) in Porta Romana
Hi KenB speaking of bars I was going to have ask sometime so I might as well now while we have the thread ongoing. I am going to be over in Milan from March 11th-14 for the Samp game and I will want to see the Ireland France Rubgy Six Nations Match. Would pub would you recommend that would probably show the match, you would be welcome to come have a pint with us (4 crazy Irish Lads) too if you are into the rubgy
Ciao almilan
Funny you should mention about coming over for the Samp game. I've got a mate and his wife coming over for the weekend and the game as well. May or may not be able to meet up with you but we can try.
As far as a pub to watch the Rugby in, I'd say the English Football Pub or Kookabar (Aussie pub - address can be found on the net) which is not too far from Porta Romana. Watched the Rugby World Cup final in there and the owner was nice and sympathetic to a Scotsmans and gave me a free pint after the game :cheers:
If you ask nicely in the Kookabar you may also get a fry up as well :D
Yoy live in Milano KenB?
kris, I do indeed live in Milano. Actually on the outskirts in San Donato. Good place to live and work and I have always found Italians both polite and friendly :1five:
Also as a football fan, there are definite advantages in being here as well :rone:
I can imagine. I will also be going to Milano for the Samp game, but also the ManU game. Maybe we can discuss some meeting up plans later, in Italy I would need everyone fluent in english as they are quite rare there (I been in Milano before). ;)
kris, send me a PM nearer the time and we can see about meeting up for a couple of jars :cheers:
Are you staying over from the Milan v Samp game until the Man U game?
In regards to the English side of things, I find it's not a big problem not knowing the lingo but it helps (I can speak some but not much cope in the written aspect). The bars I mentioned have English speaking staff.
Haven't been to that many places in town but the ones I have are IMO good :rock3:
It is the other way around, the ManU game is before the Sampdoria one.
I am sure the bars you mentioned have English speaking staff, half of them had pretty English names to begin with. If anything I should learn some Italian.
I send some PM closer to the date where my plans will be more concrete.
Oops. got the game round the wrong way :haha:
Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet up.
No, i think Maldini owns the C-side with Brocchi and another guy.But i don't remember very well. They have clubs restaurants and other shops so it's not easy to remember all the partneships :confused:
C- side is owned by Brocchi, Abbiati and Gattuso while Baci e Abracci is owned by Brocchi and Vieri.
Thanks for the info KenB.
Also anyone know where C-Side is? What district? Is it near Como Corso?
Billy_Montreal
21-01-2005, 10:56
I am seriously considering coming to Milan for the week-end of the 8th (May) to watch Milan-Juve. Does anyone know of a good hotel in Milan .. close to either Piazza Duomo (not necessary)
just not away in the boondocks with a good rates and good rooms. I know a number of you have travelled to watch games: Debs, etc.
Thanks
Last November I was in the hotel Mini Aosta (3 star) opposite Milano's train station, a very central location. I will check the cost per night, at the moment I forgot.
Milano is expensive as a city and since in it there are a lot of exebitions in some periods you can find a problem for a hotel if you do not book early.
Once I was also in the Hotel mercure BUT DAD PAID THE PRICE, so I don not suggest this to you :D
I am going to Hotel Demo in March 3star 25euro a night with 4 sharin its very near central train station. Stayed in hotel monopole last year also near central train station about 30euro a night. The other hotels i have stayed were more expensive, my dad was paying then!
in a bit of rush now but i will give a report on the pubs and clubs in milan that i was in 2 weeks ago when i was at the samp game soon. But for now if your in milan on a friday night go to club alcatraz. its class!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.