View Full Version : Happy Muslims New Year
Yesterday was 1426 year on Muslims calendar.
Happy New 1426 year to all Muslims around the world!!!!!
Happy New Year!
(almost coincided with the Chinese New Year this year, interesting :))
(almost coincided with the Chinese New Year this year, interesting :))
Yes, that is very interesting.
Btw our New year is every year on other date because Muslim calendar is different then this normal "world" calendar.
Yes, that is very interesting.
Btw our New year is every year on other date because Muslim calendar is different then this normal "world" calendar.
Whereas the Christian calendar is based on the movements of the sun, I believe the Muslim calendar is based on the movements of the moon, is that correct Mirza? If true, I guess that explains the differences in the lenghts of the year.
Can someone explain what the Chinese calendar is based on?
Happy New Year to all Muslims
Angel_Cic
11-02-2005, 15:18
Happy New Year to those who celebrate!!! :cheers:
Happy new year. I never thought there where so many new years around!!!
oskarius
11-02-2005, 18:10
Happy new year. I never thought there where so many new years around!!!
me neither..Happy New Year !! :cheers:
triniman
11-02-2005, 20:07
happy new year.....
anymore new years that i should know about ????
ACMILAN1983
11-02-2005, 21:48
Happy new year. Apologies its a little late ;)
Peachtot
12-02-2005, 00:55
The New Year has come...
Let the past passed away...
Let's make a new page...
Whereas the Christian calendar is based on the movements of the sun, I believe the Muslim calendar is based on the movements of the moon, is that correct Mirza? If true, I guess that explains the differences in the lenghts of the year.
Can someone explain what the Chinese calendar is based on?
Our Chinese calendar is based on the movement of the moon too. It's called lunar calendar, in accorance with which all agriculture activities,such as planting, seeding, watering, harvest, etc., are planned.
The Chinese lunar calender is over thousands years old, and has its influence on the other countries which used to base on agriculture, for example, Vietnam, Korea, plus other Asian countries with large amount of overseas Chinese, are also celebrate this lunar calender new year.
Oh, forget to say: Happy New Year to all Muslim fellows here!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.