MiamiMilanista
12-02-2005, 13:42
I bleed calcio and love Milan ten times over and can practically remember reading soccer news from years back on Milan and all other soccer issues....Crespo has been doing a great job in Milan but I do recall when him and Mutu signed with Chelsea the many reports I would read of quotes from them two saying "England is the greatest place to play" .... "Playing in England is better than playing in Italy".... the tune is quite different now that they are both back in Italy and both want to play in Italy...These guys should have talked with their hearts and not their pockets....it's amazing how quickly they have returned....
Every two years my life hits the back burner in the summer and my attention focuses on the European Championships or the World Cup...and for a long time, every two years my heart has been broken....Watching Italy-Russia I realized that my heart may be broken once again in 2006 if Lippi does not play the younger guys and leaves the old crew in there again...I've never seen an Italy team play so well but guess what, it came in the second half when the old school players took a seat and the kids flew up and down the field, not only creating chances, but slotting them home...For years now the best Italian team hasnt taken the field and hopefully Lippi will realize its time to give the likes of Esposito, Gilardino, Gattuso, and De Rossi a chance to shine.... Buffon, Zambrotta, Nesta, Cannavaro, Pancaro, De Rossi, Gattuso, Esposito, Gilardino....These are some of the guys that can bring the Cup home in 2006, but its time to drop players that dont perform on the international stage
Every two years my life hits the back burner in the summer and my attention focuses on the European Championships or the World Cup...and for a long time, every two years my heart has been broken....Watching Italy-Russia I realized that my heart may be broken once again in 2006 if Lippi does not play the younger guys and leaves the old crew in there again...I've never seen an Italy team play so well but guess what, it came in the second half when the old school players took a seat and the kids flew up and down the field, not only creating chances, but slotting them home...For years now the best Italian team hasnt taken the field and hopefully Lippi will realize its time to give the likes of Esposito, Gilardino, Gattuso, and De Rossi a chance to shine.... Buffon, Zambrotta, Nesta, Cannavaro, Pancaro, De Rossi, Gattuso, Esposito, Gilardino....These are some of the guys that can bring the Cup home in 2006, but its time to drop players that dont perform on the international stage