View Full Version : Sheva is out! Should we go to the 4-3-2-1 System?
What do do you think guys? Can JDT and Crespo fill in the void? or should we move Srginho to the left and move Seedorf up alongside Kaka?
oskarius
20-02-2005, 04:50
I would go with Kaka & Rui Costa behind Crespo..more creativity with that change & some extra space for Kaka..
Standard mid: Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf
Waiting on the bench: Tomasson & Serginho..
I would go with Kaka & Rui Costa behind Crespo..more creativity with that change & some extra space for Kaka..
Standard mid: Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf
Waiting on the bench: Tomasson & Serginho..
I'd like to see Seedorf and Serginho in the line up, with Seedorf playing with Kaka behind Crespo. I still remember the excellent communication between Seedorf and Serginho against FC Bayern in the Champions league 02/03. Here is my lineup:
Dida
Cafu Nest Stam/Maldini Maldini/Kaladze
Rino Pirlo Serginho
Kaka Seedorf
Crespo
milan-mad
20-02-2005, 06:45
I agree with Oskarius,
Thats the best formation but the loss of Sheva is a devestating blow to our chances against Man Utd.
Well after last night it certainly looks like JDT and Crespo don't work together as a partnership. The problem with only playing one up front is that it puts the pressure on that one striker, and at the moment Crespo doesn't look like scoring!
This is all music to my ears :smileani:
Grande-Milan-DK
20-02-2005, 07:36
Against such opponents it is very difficult to be an striker. Crespo and JDT did not have ANY space. It will be different against Man UTD - but I also think that Ancelotti will go back to a other system, Maybe even af 4-5-1 even this is not going to be nice to look at but we will get an good result.
Against such opponents it is very difficult to be an striker. Crespo and JDT did not have ANY space. It will be different against Man UTD - but I also think that Ancelotti will go back to a other system, Maybe even af 4-5-1 even this is not going to be nice to look at but we will get an good result.
We're in good form you guys are playing **** at the moment, and there will be no shevschenko so I think a 10-0 victory for us on wednesday nite.
We're in good form you guys are playing **** at the moment, and there will be no shevschenko so I think a 10-0 victory for us on wednesday nite.
Dream On my friend! Dream on!
Dream On my friend! Dream on!
well, not 10 - 0 but victory will be for Mancunian side :guw:
Dream On my friend! Dream on!
Hey, cool down. I was only joking
I think we will return to the 4-3-2-1 system. The striker will be Crespo and if things go wrong during the course of the game Carlo can re-change the system by putting JTD.
In midfield may play: Rino-Pirlo-Seedorf/Dhorasoo
Attacking midfield: Kaka-Rui/Seedorf/Serginho. I'll go for Kaka-Rui, cause IMO Serginho can be more effective if he enterers during the course of the match.
I think its the first time here we're all agreeing about the tactics to be used. :grinser:
I think the 4-3-2-1 system works better with big clubs who are more open in thier play. It worked well agaist FC Bayern, Real Madrid, Deportivo, and Dortmund, and I think it wold work fine against Man UTD too. Althouhj, I prefer the 4-3-1-2 system, I think the 4-3-2-1 is more realistic.
I would go with Kaka & Rui Costa behind Crespo..more creativity with that change & some extra space for Kaka..
Standard mid: Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf
Waiting on the bench: Tomasson & Serginho..
Yes , I agree with that formation . Maybe Serginho can sub for Seedorf , but as long as Kaka and Rui play together , I'm happy .
We're in good form you guys are playing **** at the moment, and there will be no shevschenko so I think a 10-0 victory for us on wednesday nite.
spell it right - shevchenko. and if you really think milan are going to lose to man-ure, you have to be in lala land.
I am a little hesitant to change the formation, trying it for the first time (this time around) on ManU. I don't mind playing Rui-Kaka-Crespo up front, but I would play Kaka as secunda punta.
Had we had some time to adapt, I would have gone for a 4-2-3-1 with Serginho, Kaka, Rui Costa behind Crespo.
Had we had some time to adapt, I would have gone for a 4-2-3-1 with Serginho, Kaka, Rui Costa behind Crespo.
Bingo! With Sheva out I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Crespo supported by Sergio on the left, Ricky on the right and Rui in the center.
*LOL*
That's the difference between Man U and Milan:
Man U --> Van Nistrooloy (or however it spells)
Milan --> Team work
devoted_dm
20-02-2005, 13:44
I think that without Sheva in the team, this could be Crespo's chance to shine, and show England what a quality player he really is. If we are going to win this tournament, we can't be so reliant on one single player. Two seasons ago it took goals from both Sheva and Pippo to win the tournament, and now it is time for Crespo to take responsibility and do what Shevchenko has been doing for us so far. Besides, we do have so much quality in our side anyway, that even if we are weakened by the loss of Shevchenko, we should still have a team good enough to go through to the next round.
On a more positive note, we are hardly conceeding goals at all right now. Stam played really well last night, and in a way I think he deserves a place in the team against Man Utd. So hopefully our back four will look like this: Maldini (LB), Stam (DC), Nesta (DC), Cafu (RB). Stam did very well in the match he played against Barca, and there is no need to explain the quality of the other three. As long as we can shut up shop at Old Trafford, we should be fine. Remember that our players will probably have a lot more space to move in against Man Utd than against teams like Bologna, Reggina and Cagliari, merely due to the fact that Man Utd are playing at home and will look to score at least two goals. This means that if we take advantage of our team's ability to play the ball fast, and also make the most of Kaka's pace, we could have some excellent chances of scoring a goal or two ourselves.
I am slightly worried by the loss of Sheva, but this is not over! :3band:
A 4-2-3-1 formation would be suicide.
The best formation is :
cafu---stam---nesta--maldini
--gatusso---pirlo---seedorf--
------kaka------rui costa----
---------crespo-------------
A 4-2-3-1 formation would be suicide.
The best formation is :
I agree, it hasn't been practised at all, but in theory I think it makes sence.
Anyway a 4-3-2-1 formation would IMO need Serginho as LB not to be too defensive. I still vote for the usual 4-3-1-2 with Kaka and Crespo up front (not that this is a democracy ;))
We're in good form you guys are playing **** at the moment, and there will be no shevschenko so I think a 10-0 victory for us on wednesday nite.
:hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
You Guys Really make Me Laugh,keep on dreaming,in two weeks time you will be the laughing stock in this forum
triniman
20-02-2005, 18:16
i'm not sorried about sheva not being there......in the games he has not been available so far we have played good.....this will only increase our desire to win.....on wednesday man u will see the true kaka at work this season....expect alot of long shots from him ....hope carrol or howard are not to nervous.....and man u does not have the linesman that helped them deny that goal scored mendes for tottenham....
I can understand that the trio Rui - Crespo - Tomasson didn’t look good against Cagliari. Kaka’- Crespo - Tomasson worked like a charm against Messina. That’s an option, though I think that we’ll play:
----Kaka’
-------------------Serginho
--------Crespo
---------------Dida-----------------
-
-Cafu----Stam-----Nesta-----Maldini-
-
-----Gattuso--Pirlo-----Seedorf------
-
---------Kaka-----Rui---------------
-
-------------Crespo-----------------
Rui will get tired after 60 mins so sub him for Serginho! Serginho does brilliantly when he comes off the bench. Fresh legs and fast pace. Burn baby burn!
This game is beautifully set up for a famous away win! :firedev: Play the above side Carlo! Utd. is yours for the taking. :cool:
from the games ive seen of dhorasso and serginho this season i noticed the latter works best when insterted early in the second half while the frenchman workds great for the first 60 mins then becomes invisisble, i personally would go for a 4-3-2-1 formation like this:
--------------------------------dida---------------------------------------
-----cafu---------stam-------------------------nesta---------maldini---------
--------------------------------pirlo-----------------------------------------
-----------gattuso---------------------------------dhorasso-----------------
------------------kaka-------------------seedorf-----------------------------
-------------------------------crespo-------------------------------------
then when dhorasso wears out we can put in serginho to try and exhaust them and get us that much needed away goal. we can also use seedorf to shoot at goal from outside the box, he has to be on his best form, i also expect ambro or kaladze to play a part in the game, id be satisfied with a positive draw. kaka has to play his best football and just run around keane, and cafu MUST make those runs down the right!!!
FORZA MILANNNNNNNN
:firedev:
BaggioForever
20-02-2005, 21:20
Cant wait to see how cafu, kaka make fun of heinze and the neville brothers :haha:
Paddy De Nagan
21-02-2005, 07:51
Dida
Cafu Nesta Maldini Kaladze
Gattuso Seedorf Serginho
Pirlo Kaka
Crespo
---------------Dida-----------------
-
-Cafu----Stam-----Nesta-----Maldini-
-
-----Gattuso--Pirlo-----Seedorf------
-
---------Kaka-----Rui---------------
-
-------------Crespo-----------------
Rui will get tired after 60 mins so sub him for Serginho! Serginho does brilliantly when he comes off the bench. Fresh legs and fast pace. Burn baby burn!
This game is beautifully set up for a famous away win! :firedev: Play the above side Carlo! Utd. is yours for the taking. :cool:
yeah thats the way i would play too, same starting line up and supersub serginho, wouldnt leave jdt any where near the pitch after his recent performances. we should introduce dhorasso at some stage too
*LOL*
That's the difference between Man U and Milan:
Man U --> Van Nistrooloy (or however it spells)
Milan --> Team work
You are quite misinformed... look, Ruud hasnt played for several months this season but we managed to string our team that it began to overwhelm everyone ;) And all that happened without Ruud.
PS: I do think that Sheva is more requisite for Milan, than Ruud for MUFC ;)
I would go with Kaka & Rui Costa behind Crespo..more creativity with that change & some extra space for Kaka..
Standard mid: Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf
Waiting on the bench: Tomasson & Serginho..
Play all the possible line-ups it won't help you kaka will be hanging around coz Silevestre will stop him very easy and crespo had a bad CV at english football so Milan is unlucky this time sorry!
You are quite misinformed... look, Ruud hasnt played for several months this season but we managed to string our team that it began to overwhelm everyone ;) And all that happened without Ruud.
PS: I do think that Sheva is more requisite for Milan, than Ruud for MUFC ;)
Remind me again, how many points r u behinf Chelsea?
humanTORCH
21-02-2005, 11:09
Injury to sheva seems to be a blessing.... Ancelotti will have all the reason to play the christmas tree formation again. It's works against big teams in the past and a good formation to choke manure midfield. We will be playing on counter attack and serginho might be in the staring line up.
Remind me again, how many points r u behinf Chelsea?
The season is not over yet! don't worry
Remind me again, how many points r u behinf Chelsea?
The season is not over yet! don't worry
So remind me, how many points IS Man U behind Chelsea?
But wait, we were 8 points behind and now we are top of the league.
Man U is about 12 points behind and now 9 points behind. Quite an improvement.
Remind me again, how many points r u behinf Chelsea?
we where far behind them earlier... but now we are approaching... regarding injuries of Robben, Duff, Drogba etc. it is not so much to catch up 9 points... for instance several weex Milan was 8 points clear of Juve and now... ;) :star:
Rae you right, let them know that we were at 13 place at the begining and now 2nd that's quite a lot improvement?
Rae you right, let them know that we were at 13 place at the begining
Funny how dare u mention it.
and btw, it's beginning.
SPURSMILAN
22-02-2005, 09:11
--------------------------------dida---------------------------------------
-----cafu---------stam-------------------------nesta---------maldini---------
--------------------------------pirlo-----------------------------------------
-----------gattuso---------------------------------dhorasso-----------------
------------------kaka-------------------seedorf-----------------------------
-------------------------------crespo-------------------------------------
I agree with this formation, except I would change Seedorf around with Dhorasoo, putting him in a mmore defensive role beside Gattuso as he would be better suited to defend than Dhorasoo, even though Vikash has impressed me with his tracking back and gettign in a tackle for such a short player. I think we should give Dhorasoo the platform to express himself and run at defenders, knowing he has three midfielders playing deeper and marking Man Utd's advanced players.
Alternatives could be Serginho or Rui Costa, but I think they would be better options coming on from the bench. It's a hard decision to leave Serginho out and he is one of the players who could score a goal for us.
I do not rate Crespo or Tomasson this season, they are simply not good enough to compete against the best teams. I'd be happy to cut our losses and sell Tomasson and send Crespo back to Chelseascum and buy Gilardino and Torres.
Well, it worked just fine. Thank you Ancelotti for visiting MM! LOL!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.