PDA

View Full Version : Inter Milan vs AC Milan (pre-game comments)


otoniel
24-02-2005, 12:34
No one has started this thread so i did

This is another big match for Milan and i wonder if they would play
with the X-mas tree formation again since Sheva is out

any comments?

triniman
24-02-2005, 13:06
yeah...i think they will stick to it...goves rui and kak some more time to play together....

although knowing carlo he might just throw in jdt for kaka seeing kaka or rui....interesting...inter should not be underconsidered though...we need to end that stupid unbeaten streak they have .. :)

zlatanov
24-02-2005, 13:23
I also think we would/should stick to the l'albero and maybe stick in Dhorasoo in midfield in place of Rui, who I think might be a bit too slow for Inter's quick-passing midfield. Serginho would be a great option for a sub later in the game.
Playing with Tomasson retreated behind Crespo is also an option but I think it would be most likely to see the big Dane come on only as a sub.
Forza Milan :3band: :devs: :rone:

padee
24-02-2005, 14:45
will the game go ahead if the pope passes away?

Lombardia
24-02-2005, 14:47
good question, i'd like to think so, but i have no idea,

Styles
24-02-2005, 14:48
This is a game I expect Milan to win, Inter are too attacking and your defenders are impeccable so you hit them on the counter attack. Good luck Milan.

padee
24-02-2005, 14:49
I would like to know as I am coming from Scotland for game!

mk18
24-02-2005, 14:59
i think this one is much much much harder than the man utd match, the job would be half done if the defence played the same way as yesterday but even against man utd i felt we should have made use of our easy chances. i might be wrong but if we win alot of it will be due to luck i think rui played poorly vs united and i hope carlo mves seedorf next to kaka and plays dhorasso in seedorfs place then when dhorasso wears down we can insert serginho

Stefan
24-02-2005, 18:28
I think thats a bit unfair on Rui mk18, I though he did OK against Man U, although not one of the stars on the night. But I agree about Dhorasoo in midfield, as he will make things a lot tighter. My main concern is how we will score, because I think inter are better than Man U at defending, and without Sheva it will be a very difficult game.


My team would be
Dida
Cafu Sandro Paolo Khaladze
Rene Pirlo Dhorasoo
Kaka Seedorf
Hernan

I know that Stam is maybe a better defender than Cafu, but after Wednesday night I think he deserves to start the game

:3band:
:rone:

BFC82
24-02-2005, 23:28
So far we have we have let 2 victories escape us these last couple of games. Hopefully Adriano gets back in form for this match and Martins will be 100%, he still has a bit of an injury. I really cant see a draw in this one, I see Inter winning by 2 or Milan by 1....guess we'll see. Buena suerte Inter!!

Christopher
24-02-2005, 23:34
So far we have we have let 2 victories escape us these last couple of games. Hopefully Adriano gets back in form for this match and Martins will be 100%, he still has a bit of an injury. I really cant see a draw in this one, I see Inter winning by 2 or Milan by 1....guess we'll see. Buena suerte Inter!!


GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC

:3band: :3band: :3band: :3band: :3band:


:rone: :rone: :rone: :rone: :rone:

Xudong
25-02-2005, 00:02
i think inter's luck is gonna end finally. i have been hoping that they remain unbeaten for us... :D well, they did it, what a considerate cousin.

by the way, mk18, no offense, but your avatar is disgusting. anybody happens to agree with me? :D ;)

zlatanov
25-02-2005, 07:35
I think mk18's avatar would look much better if it had Inter's logo on top of it :grinser: :devf: :diablo:

Gipson
25-02-2005, 07:43
Carlo: "Any result is possible; we will surely play with two forwards"
We were grate with 4-3-2-1 so why Carlo will be back to old formation...maybe Sheva will be back???!!!
If Sheva is out We should play with only Crespo in front.
Forza Milan!!!

Steff
25-02-2005, 09:04
Carlo: "Any result is possible; we will surely play with two forwards"
We were grate with 4-3-2-1 so why Carlo will be back to old formation...maybe Sheva will be back???!!!
If Sheva is out We should play with only Crespo in front.
Forza Milan!!!


sheva won't be back until after the estern holidays, or whatever it's called. so, no sheva against inter. his injury is difficult and problematic.

meazza
25-02-2005, 09:19
I hope he plays with 1 striker and that was just a mind game. I don't think we can afford to field 2 strikers very often as they're the only 2 we've got until easter (I've given up hope on Inzaghi playing this season)

Shomo
25-02-2005, 11:28
i think this will be a tough match for us,because inter have fighting spirit and they have a good defence,and am still worried on sheva
anyway i think it's time to bring inter down and end their unbeaten run
FORZA MILAN

Kui
25-02-2005, 11:30
I remember a season or two ago he used Serginho as a striker and it payed off well with a 1-0 victory for us. So yeah you can theoretically have two strikers./

Masson
25-02-2005, 11:42
we played X-mas tree formation and lost 2 goals in the first half last season,and we played 2 strikers in the second half abd scored 3 goals.of course,inter has changed a lot with the last season,but their defense is not strong as Man U.i think Ancelotti will play 2 strikers in this match because of the order of president.two strikers will be Hernan and JDT.I hope he can do better and play well as last season.Also,we must be the first team to beat Inter this season


Forza Milan!!

Franco6
25-02-2005, 11:46
Difficult match this one, can finish with all results i.e. 1,X,2. With mancini we always had some trouble, and its another reason to hate inter and their coach more.

The line up will be like that of Manchester (i think).
I forgot the Manchester victory, I really hate the cousins.

INTERISATA CAZZO VUOI
I CAMPIONI SIAMO NOI
15 ANNI DI VERGONA SOLO VOI
LALALALALALAALLALAL

5 MAGGIO E'
QUELLA DATA CHE
NON LA SCORDI PIU
MERDA NEROBLU
NON VINCTERE MAI

Stefan
25-02-2005, 12:09
Just been reading that inter have Veron as a major doubt, while our main injury problem (apart from Sheva, who we all know isn't going to play) is Stam. I think we have players to replace him, like Cafu, who I think is a better right-back anyway! So I think Veron will be a big loss for them, and it will let Rene and Pirlo make mince meat out of their midfield!!! :devf:

Gio-mania
25-02-2005, 13:11
whe "SHOULD" us the same formation as on wednesday.................. but our president wount be too glad about it............
if we had sheva then Yes!! two strikers would be great................. but tomasson n crespo are too damn stabile............... the wait for u to give them the ball then they move................while sheva - he's always running, and superpippo, well he might move very little - but when he's always in the right place!!!!!

if we keep a midfield wid 5 men we will always be one more..... giving hernan more balls, so he can get more 'orgasms'............(nasty, grose)

-dida
cafu nesta maldini kaladZe
-gattuso pirlo seedorf
-rui KaKa'
-crespo






obviously serginho would be usefull, more speed, more vertical play, while with rui we keep more ball, more passing.........
about dhorasoo- well im not 100% sure what kinda player he is. but he isnt better than rui or serginho - so i'd exclude him, maybe 2nd half..............


Any Way,
FORZA MILAN

Stefan
25-02-2005, 14:13
Dhorasoo reminds me of Pirlo, not a totally defensive midfielder like Rene, or totally attacking like Kaka, but somewhere in between. He works hard, controls the ball well and passes it well, plus he can make some good runs with the ball when we're attacking. I think he would be more effective against inter than Rui would be. I'd bring on Rui in the 2nd half when the game is a bit more open

shevaandkaka'
25-02-2005, 15:24
About İnters Unbeatİng Run
İt Should Have Been End But Because Of Fool Coachs İnter Dİdnt Lose.
Wİth Sheva We Could Wİn Over İnter Easİly But At Thİs Tİme İts Harder But We Have Kaka'

Red&Black2005
25-02-2005, 17:23
I think the President will be fine with the formation as long as we win. If we look sloppy in the X-mas tree formation, then you will hear him speak up. Yes, his preference is for 2 strikers, but his bigger desire is to win...period. I didn't notice any criticism after the United result, and that was achieved with 1 striker. Results are what matters. Carlo has some room here and had built up some credit based on two things: a) in 3 weeks gaining 9 points on Godless Juve, and b) beating an English power (In this case MU, who have quite a reputation) on their own soil, something Milan has not done for quite sometime.

Forza Milan!

Haroon
25-02-2005, 18:00
I'm thinking whether I should write a preview for this one. 40 games unbeaten!!! Couldn't have picked a worse time to face Milan. :devs:

BRN Fin
25-02-2005, 18:20
Salve,

btw: what team is Inter Milan? Is it Milan or Inter or both at same time-.-.

if someone has been in Italy sometimes (not speaking are you experienced or wahatsoever..), where they hardly speak english, for god's sake.., there is is just Milan and just Inter. nothing between.

164 is the number in Serie A (derby dell'Madonnina) or 259 all clashes between these cousins..:/

..NON SO PIU' COME INSULTARVI..and looking to the north -11 minus, where it's always freezing..

buon derby e come sempre FORZA MILAN !!

RIO
25-02-2005, 18:35
Sure they haven't lost in a long time, but everything has an end. I never (historically) worry about Inter and I'm not about to start now. Their defence can be had.

Dil dil
26-02-2005, 00:16
as always I want Ac Milan to win even if is 1-0 but wining against inter is not
enough we should crush them and humilted inter . yes this game is difficult
but let us remember that Ac Milan are champion but inter are suck oh
my God who I hate them (inter). I think we will win 2-0 but if I want it
I want milan to win 4-0

Stefan
26-02-2005, 07:36
I don't mind us winning 1-0, especially if it is a performance like last Wednesday, where we were in control and totally out-classed our opposition. If we had Sheva then I think we could score a few against them, but with only Hernan up front I think we can only realistically expect 1 or 2 goals.
BUT I hope I'm wrong, and another 6-0 would make a perfect end to the week!

Henrik
26-02-2005, 07:56
I'm thinking whether I should write a preview for this one. 40 games unbeaten!!! Couldn't have picked a worse time to face Milan. :devs:
Indeed, it almost feels like Inter have avoided loss for all this time, just so they can let Milan do the honors. ;)

The game can go either way, but they have more to loose then we do. :)

Theoren
26-02-2005, 08:08
Easy game for (AC) Milan :). 2-0 victory and crespo will score both goals

Kui
26-02-2005, 08:26
2-2 draw. This game will bring us back 2 points below the top.

shevaandkaka'
26-02-2005, 15:20
last week sheva could died but ı could die for sheva and kaka'
ı love them so much.
SHEVA ON THE PHONE WITH KAKA: 'You have to give me a present on Sunday evening...'
2/26/2005
MILAN - Ricardo Kaka guested on the Milan Channel’s ’Segni Particolari’ talk-show in the Friday leading to the San Siro derby. The Brazilian chatted with the fans, remembered the meeting with Carmelo, an handicapped child who is only able to say the word 'Kaka', when Milan were staying in a hotel at Reggio Calabria, reflected upon his second season in Italy and at the club and wished Adriano the best in regaining his form soon but from Monday onwards. Leonardo then talked with the 22-year-old in a phone link-up (Kaka said: 'When he joined Sao Paulo, I was 18 and he picked up the wardrobe near mine’s, I couldn’t believe it, I was beside him before training and games'), and then Marco Borriello as well, a team-team of his on that Milanese night last season and this one as well, whenever the Reggina-loaned striker leaves Calabria to return to the North of Italy. Borriello admitted when it came to grammar: ’It should be up to me to correct him, instead, he makes me notice my mistakes.’
Last but not least, Andriy Shevchenko called the studios and spoke one-to-one with Kaka for few minutes. Sheva said: 'Ciao Ricky, complements for Wednesday, you did very well and gave me a big lift. I feel better, today was another positive day. I miss you, do you know this? Listen Ricky, you have to give me a present on Sunday evening... You are able to do everything, you know, take care.' Kaka ansewered the Ukrainian’s touching words and said: 'We’ll play also for you, we are waiting for you.' And he added: ’I was very pleased to see him yesterday at Milanello, he came to visit to greet us after the return from Manchester. We also miss him very much. The present? I’ll try...’
yes ı want a gift from ricky tomorrow too he will score the winner goal my heart says its.
my heart beats for rossoneri
we will win over inter

almilan
26-02-2005, 16:02
From www.goal.com
even inter fans think we will win!

Fan v Fan: Internazionale-AC Milan
2/26/2005 11:43:00 AM
One of the highlights of the Serie A season – indeed, of European club football – takes place at the San Siro this weekend. It’s the Milano derby, with unbeaten Inter hosting the fixture against table-topping Milan. Both of the city’s sides were away on midweek Champions League duty, Inter conjuring another draw, against Porto, and Milan winning at Manchester United. Goal.com anticipates Sunday’s clash – which will have a bearing on the race for the scudetto - through the eyes of a fan from each team. Danilo Pochini speaks up for Inter, while for Milan we have Joel Whitehead…
GOAL: First of all, how do you feel about your side’s campaign so far? Have you been delighted or dismayed by it?

Danilo (Inter): I think we were really unlucky at the beginning of the season and paid too heavily for any mistake we made defensively. With the players we had at our disposal, results at the start of the season were about as poor as they could’ve been, except in the Champions League. While we never lost (and still never have), the amount of draws was nauseating. Lately we’ve been winning a few more games than at the start, but never more than two or three in a row. While we’re doing much better than in our previous season under Zaccheroni, the fact that we were out of the title race by early November was hugely disappointing. The game against Porto also worryingly showed that our drawing disease is spreading to the CL as well, although I do believe we’ll qualify for the quarter finals.

JOEL (Milan): As or late, I have become overwhelmingly ecstatic about Milan’s recent play. While they have not been winning by large amounts of goals, they have been able to move to the top of the standings, level on points with Juventus. This places the Rossoneri in terrific position to make a run toward victory for the last few months of the season.


GOAL: Tactically, where do you think this match may be won or lost?

Danilo (Inter): Both teams have a very strong midfield full of creativity and personality. In recent years the reason Inter lost were that they were inferior to Milan in midfield and also defence. This year, despite the undeserved 11-point gap separating them at the moment, the two sides are more than a match for each other, as the 0-0 draw at the start of the season showed. The midfield department that has its best day will probably win the game.

JOEL (Milan): Probably in attack. Milan is not scoring goals like they should be, and if they can make up the absence of Andriy Shevchenko through injury, I believe Milan will come away from this fixture with the full three points.


GOAL: Which opposition player do you consider to be the greatest threat to your team in this clash?

Danilo (Inter): Hernan Crespo is scoring important goals for Milan at the moment, and is another one of those players that seems regenerated after spending an unfortunate, injury-plagued season at Inter. I’m still scratching my head as to why he was sold out to Chelsea two years ago. Money isn’t everything, Moratti! He is a player that you might not notice for the full 90 minutes, until he pops up with the match-winner in the last 10 minutes, as happened at Old Trafford in the CL last Wednesday, or even in injury time like against Lazio. Claimed before the Man-U match that if he would score the winning goal there it would be equal to an orgasm for him... who knows what a goal against former club Inter would do to him??

JOEL (Milan): The greatest threat to Milan has to be Obafemi Martins. The Milan defenders are not as young as they used to be, and the lightning pace of Martins could be deadly at any time in this match.


GOAL: Would you want him in your team?

Danilo (Inter): He should never have left in the first place! But at the moment we don’t really need him as the forward line is certainly not where we need reinforcements.

JOEL (Milan): Absolutely. Not only is he very fast, but he also has quality touch and dribbling skills that can give any defence a headache.


GOAL: Who from your team should we keep a particular eye on here?

Danilo (Inter): Contrary to what some people have said, I felt Adriano looked dangerous against Porto and seems close to score again soon. What worries me about him though, is that he looks so terribly down-and-out when he comes off the pitch after not scoring, he doesn’t look remotely happy. He’s a bit too concerned about his own game, about finding the net again, and that might not be good for the team. But he should be kept an eye on by the Milan defence, though he isn’t the only one that will cause them problems. I see Martins playing a great game here, Veron has been in excellent form in midfield recently, and if Mihajlovic plays, well... all I can say is Dida hold on to your hat!

JOEL (Milan): Kaka is the main player from Milan to watch out for. Without Shevchenko in attack, the Rossoneri need Kaka to get the ball in and around the eighteen yard box using his superb dribbling and passing.


GOAL: What are your side’s greatest strengths?

Danilo (Inter): Well, the numbers in Serie A say we have the strongest attack, so I would have to say our strikers. Unfortunately we don’t have midfielders who really score a lot, which means a lot depends on those guys upfront. However Adriano, Vieri, Martins, Recoba, are world-class players and it saddens me whenever I see any of these sitting on the bench. Frankly I think our group of attackers are superior to any team in the world. But since last summer we also have an almost all-star ensemble in midfield as well. Cambiasso, Veron, Stankovic, Davids, Ze Maria, Van der Meyde, Emre.... what more could a team want? Well, that brings me to the next question...

JOEL (Milan): The one thing Milan has over most other squads is the cohesiveness of the unit, no matter who is on the field. They showed this past Wednesday in the Champions League victory at Old Trafford that a good game plan by the manager will always beat out individual play.


GOAL: And weaknesses?

Danilo (Inter): Our defence is drastically inferior to the other departments, we don’t have a huge amount of options, and there are too many foreigners. The likes of Burdisso, Gamarra, Materazzi, are fine for any mid-table side, but aren’t worthy of Inter if you ask me. Also Toldo is prone to the odd mistake, while at Milan Dida and at Juve Buffon are almost infallible. These guys are the reason we threw away so many points at the beginning of the season. Only Cordoba and Mihajlovic, and of course captain Javier Zanetti, for my money Inter’s most consistent player, are worthy of being where they are.

JOEL (Milan): The way they seem to relax even when the pressure is right in their faces. While it is good to not get rattled, a bit more urgency would serve them well.


GOAL: What do your lot typically think of their lot?

Danilo (Inter): They’ve always had great power politically and mediatically with their ex-president Berlusconi being also the prime minister of Italy and owning Mediaset, a powerful commercial tv conglomerate. Now that there’s a law that prohibits a man of politics to also be involved in something like a football club, Berlusconi’s gone, but they still have Galliani as vice-president, who is also chairman of the Lega Calcio (don’t ask what it means exactly, but it involves a lot of administration, and makes Galliani one of the most powerful figures in all of Italian football). All this means that, much like Juve, referees are intimidated by their name and tend to give them a hand especially against smaller teams.

JOEL (Milan): We see their star-studded line up (and bench), and almost know that we can defeat them because of our confidence in each other, which is achieved from playing together for a long time.


GOAL: What single thing irritates you most about them?

Danilo (Inter): See also above, but their fans can be pretty irritating too. In Italy, Milanisti are possibly more arrogant and more hated than Juventini, especially by Inter, even though I personally have more of a thing against Juve as a team than against Milan. Also, all those big shots mentioned in the above answer ordinarily bashing about “Il Grande Milan” all the time can be pretty revolting.

JOEL (Milan): I am perturbed at how Inter always try to buy a squad every summer. If they would just look at their Milan neighbors they would realize that a team is not built in a matter of high-spending days during the summer.


GOAL: And what do you grudgingly admire?

Danilo (Inter): The fact that they’re a well organised society with some shrewd people at the top who usually know what players to buy and what not. There seems to be a sense of familiarity amongst the players and all the staff. Inter lack a really slick and experienced man like Galliani or Moggi of Juve to organise their transfer markets. Also, Milan are probably the only team to have had a player in their ranks for over 20 years, i.e. Paolo Maldini, who is a unique figure in the world of football in my opinion.

JOEL (Milan): How they can always come back at you with a renewed spirit, as if the last loss was not an indication of how much work needed to be done on themselves.


GOAL: Who is your all-time number one hate figure (or object of amusement) from their lot?

Danilo (Inter): Seedorf can get on my nerves with his often slow and pompous style of play, despite his success there I don’t regret Inter dropping him to our “cousins”. Brocchi looks like a little *** sometimes as he struts around the pitch on those rare occasions when he plays, while more or less the same goes for Gattuso, even though he plays more. Both of them are good friends of Vieri, but they would never be my friends.

JOEL (Milan): Although I am a fan of the Italian national team, I have never really liked Christian Vieri. He is overrated in my opinion, and gets way too much credit for what he does, which is usually very little.


GOAL: What’s the best of business ever done between the two clubs?

JOEL (Milan): Maybe the best piece of business the two Milan giants have done, as far as benefiting Milan, is the acquisition of Andrea Pirlo. At Inter, he was a number ten with promise, but never reached full potential, maybe because his game was not nurtured properly. However, when Carlo Ancelotti decided to make him a deep-lying playmaker in the 4-4-2 for Milan, he almost immediately excelled, and is now considered one of the finest central midfielders in the world.
My second choice for the best business done between these two sides is Milan basically stealing Clarence Seedorf from Inter. He had hit a wall in his play, and it seemed as if his career was in a downward spiral, but when he arrived at Milan he became an instant success in the left-sided midfield role.


GOAL: What’s your fondest memory of past clashes against them?

Danilo (Inter): I haven’t been a fan of this football club long enough to have seen them win a derby, unfortunately. But I remember the only times I managed to see one live on tv (I live in Holland, so seeing one at San Siro is difficult) was the time they faced each other in the Champions League, and at least they didn’t lose. It was the semi-finals, a Final place at Old Trafford was at stake, the pressure was enormous and I almost couldn’t watch because of the tension. The atmosphere on the stands in those two games was actually more exciting than what took place on the football pitch. The players seemed as nervous as the fans. Ultimately Inter were narrowly knocked out on away goals, and came extremely close to scoring the 2-1 in the return match.

JOEL (Milan): It is May 13, 2003, at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan. It is the semi-final round of the Champions League, second leg. The first time around, Milan was the home team as the match ended in a scoreless draw. Inter are now the home squad, and if they don’t win, they cannot allow Milan to get a draw of 1-1 or better. It is a very fiercely contested match. Off of a pass from Clarence Seedorf in first half injury time, Andriy Shevchenko puts the ball past Francesco Toldo, Inter’s keeper, as he is simultaneously fouled by Ivan Cordoba. Inter’s young Nigerian Obafemi Martins equalized in the 84th minute, and they were pushing for the winner in the last few minutes. As the referee blew his whistle and finally signalled for full time, Shevchenko runs a full field sprint in sheer adulation to celebrate with his overjoyed teammates. The true spirit of Milan on show: team over individual.


GOAL: What do you think the score of this match will be, and how will it affect your week?

Danilo (Inter): I’m terrible at predictions lately, but I admit Milan look clear favorites to win and be the first team to defeat Inter. To lose that unbeaten status against their city rivals would be typical of Inter’s ever-lasting woes. I see Crespo scoring, maybe twice, and if we score I predict Martins will get on the scoresheet, but Milan is going to win a very hard-fought match in their usual fortunate manner. 2-1 to them. And I’ve learned not to let my happiness depend on what Inter does over the weekend a long time ago.

JOEL (Milan): Milan is now too motivated to make any more mistakes, and the points from the tough matches will be the key to winning the scudetto. Even without Shevchenko, I believe the Rossoneri can win with style and class. I’ll take my Rossoneri to win 2-1 over Inter. My overall countenance is so high right now after drawing level on points with Juventus and the CL win over Manchester United, that even a loss in this match wouldn’t get my spirits too far down, but I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that, seeing as how Milan are going to win. Now, if that’s not bravado, I don’t know what is.

almilan
26-02-2005, 16:04
Serie A Preview: Inter-Milan
2/26/2005 4:33:00 PM
The Derby della Madonnina hardly needs an introduction. These are always some of the biggest games of the Serie A seaason. Also the Derby n. 259 is a highly expected one, as both teams have strong motivations to win and will be feeling some heavy pressure out there.
BACKGROUND

As is widely known, Inter are still unbeaten in all competitions this season, quite a feat considering we are almost in March, but have drawn a staggering number of games. This has meant they have never really been in the Scudetto race since the season started, and one has the sense that when and if they do lose a game this season, their self-confidence will plummet and it might be hard to stand up again, since that unique unbeaten status is what has so far made their pretty mediocre season a bit special. A defeat in any competition, would no longer allow them to be referred as the only unbeaten team in Europe (after Arsenal and Juve’s defeats in midweek, they are now also the only team not to have lost in the Champions League, which they can still win unlike Serie A), and would make this simply just another season where they were unable to win the league, as that has been totally out of reach for a while now, and let’s face it, there are surely a few teams that are capable of beating Inter in Europe when we look at some performances in midweek’s games.

Milan are also having a pretty patchy season by their standards, despite the recent run of victories in Serie A and at Old Trafford. They have several points less than this time last year, and haven’t been playing to their potential with any continuity. In spite of this, Milan are a team capable of winning also without playing well, and have that luck associated with eventual champions that Inter, for example, always seem to lack. Against small teams, characteristically, they always struggle, but when they are mostly written off and are playing a big game against a big side, they usually manage to produce the goods. The Manchester game was a typical example of this. After a series of games narrowly won without playing well, they produced a splendid performance against the English, and did a good favour for the image of Italian football. While the Mancunians had some good chances to unblock the match in the first half, the late win for Milan was not undeserved.

Inter also made a good account of themselves at Oporto, but managed to come away with the umpteenth draw after a match they, typically enough, deserved do win. Inter’s problem is exactly the contrary of Milan’s, and is a lot more frustrating; they are consistently playing good, seemingly confident football, but are only sporadically getting the results they deserve. It’s usually the small things that end up breaking the party for Inter, particularly on dead-ball situations where they remain vulnerable. Against Udinese and Porto they disappointingly let the opposition come back at them where they could easily have gone home with the win had they only been more concentrated. This is a trait they seemed to have lost since after the Christmas holiday, but Inter remain seemingly unable to escape their endless list of flaws, no matter how much time goes by. An important change with respect to previous seasons, however, is that they are indeed playing with more personality and character now, and don’t follow extremely good performances up with extremely poor ones like they did in past seasons. Say what you will about Inter, but if going unbeaten for 40 games in a season isn’t a sign of consistency and strength, I don’t know what is.


TEAM NEWS

Inter
Second-choice goalkeeper Fontana has been unavailable for a while now with back problems, while Coco has a problem at his knee.

Milan
Inzaghi, Shevchenko, and Stam are injuries that could affect the team, while left-back Pancaro is suspended. There are also a number of players one yellow card away from suspension, but none of them will be pulling any punches in this match.


PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sinisa Mihajlovic (Inter)
It’s uncertain whether he will be on the pitch, but I would advise Mancini to play him as he usually comes up big in these kinds of matches, like he recently did against Roma, scoring a brace with a pair of his legendary free-kicks. Also his experience and composure in big games would be very useful. Started the season with a very poor performance against Chievo and seemed destined to prove his critics right, but has strongly improved and earned an important place in Inter’s team, where he could yet play an important role in the future.

Hernan Crespo (Milan)
Proved he is easily Milan’s best alternative, or companion, for Shechenko. Also started the season poorly but once he started scoring, has rarely looked back. He’s scoring important goals aplenty, and would probably enjoy a goal against former side Inter, who let him go to Chelsea after an injury-tormented season, although he did score nine times in the Campions League in that one season spent at the Nerazzurri. A stylish, although sometimes invisible striker that rarely scores truly spectacular goals but frequently finds himself in the right place at the right time.


POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Inter (4-4-2) :
Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Veron, C.Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Vieri, Adriano.

Milan (4-3-1-2):
Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaká; Tomasson, Crespo.


PREDICTION

This is arguably a more important match for Milan, who won’t want to lose their first place only a week after finally catching Juve. Inter’s scudetto chances no longer depend on this match, and they will be playing for their pride and also to maintain their unbeatability. It won’t be easy, but if they do manage to get through this match too without a loss, they can start making serious plans to end the season without a single defeat in the league. However, it would be somewhat typical of Inter to end that unbeaten status against their number one rivals, and that terrible scenario for Inter is unfortunately something I can see happening on Sunday night, as Milan will be hugely motivated to stay on top with Juve, and very confident after the Old Trafford win.

Inter-Milan 1-2

Goirre
26-02-2005, 19:04
GOAL: What’s the best of business ever done between the two clubs?

I wonder why the Inter fan didn't answer this question :D


anyway, time to bring the perdenti's unbeaten run to an end, forza ragazzi!

Henrik
26-02-2005, 19:18
I wonder why the Inter fan didn't answer this question :D
I noticed that too :rotfl:
Bring it on, is all I can say, bring it on :3band:

ACMILAN1983
26-02-2005, 20:04
I want a win! Thats all I have to say :D

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nestamania
26-02-2005, 22:38
i think milan will win.all the best to milan's players. :nunu:

nestamania
26-02-2005, 22:48
since sheva won't be around in this match, crespo has a job to do.SCORE.he did very well so far, scored the important goals for milan esp. in CL.forza crespo.i'm very sure, this guy will score 2 goals. :p283:

AC_Merda
26-02-2005, 23:06
Inter will win.

I'd bet the mortage if I owned a house. That's how confident I am.


FORZA INTER!!!!!

RedskinComrade
27-02-2005, 00:01
ACMilan.com (http://www.acmilan.com/index.aspx)
Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=49046&idSez=16)
La Gazzetta dello Sport (http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadra/Milan/index.shtml)
La Repubblica (http://www.repubblica.it/news/sport/calcio/serie_a/milan/all.html)
RAI (http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportSezioneIndex/0,5785,_78_4_9634,00.html)
SoccerNet (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=326148&cc=5739)
Sporting Life (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/italy/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/05/02/26/SOCCER_Ita-Internazionale_Preview.html)
Tribal Football (http://tribalfootball.com/february/italnews270205.html)
Yahoo! (http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050226/4/6k6a.html)

:3band:
http://www.fdl.it/image/foto/04-05/04-05_milan-inter2.jpg
http://www.fdl.it/image/foto/00-01/00-01_milan-inter1.jpg

zlatanov
27-02-2005, 00:26
Inter will win.

I'd bet the mortage if I owned a house. That's how confident I am.


FORZA INTER!!!!!
If you said "I would bet the Scudetto if we had won one" I think you would have sounded much more convincing but now with that mortgage thing ..... ah, no. :guw:

Christopher
27-02-2005, 03:00
IT'S DERBY DAY!!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Curva:
:rone: :rone: :rone: :rone: :rone: :rone:
:3band: :3band: :3band: :3band: :3band:
:rone: :rone: :rone: :rone: :rone: :rone:
:3band: :3band: :3band: :3band: :3band:

shevaseven
27-02-2005, 03:35
yeah i think ancelotti will use the x'mas formation again. Here's my prediction

DIDA

CAFU SANDRO PAOLO KALADZE

RINO PIRLO SEEDORF

KAKA RUI

CRESPO

IM SURE MILAN WILL WIN THIS DERBY, AND ENDING INTER UNBEATEN GAMES.

FORZA MILAN........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franco6
27-02-2005, 03:40
Inter will win.

I'd bet the mortage if I owned a house. That's how confident I am.


FORZA INTER!!!!!


interista VUOI I CAMPIONI SIAMO NOIIII
15 ANNI DI VERGONIA SOLO VOIIII
ALALALALLALA

COME SEMPRE AD INIZIO STAGIONE
INTERISTA FAI LO SPACCONE
LO SCUDETTO LA COPPA CAMPIONI
SONO SOGNI PER VOI COGLIONI
INTERISTA DIVENTI PAZZO
SON 15 ANNI CHE NON VINCI UN CAZZO
IN TRASFERTA E' TROPPO LONTANO
NON TI MUOVI MAI DA MILANO
NON CANTATE NON CARICATE
ALLO STADIO CHE CAZZO FATE
PUOI GRIDARE FIN CHE VUOI
MA MILANO SIAMO NOI


MANCINI UOMO DI MERDA

Hitman
27-02-2005, 09:55
Tough match tonight.. It seems we will play this lineup: Dida - Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze - Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf - Serginho, Kaka - Crespo. I am bit worried about playing "Concorde" from the start. Normally he is much better coming off the bench... But I am confident we will get a good result - also because I am not too impressed by Inter's midfield. Looks like they are playing with Cambiasso and Zanetti at the same time. That is a bit like our Gattuso/Ambrosini combination. Veron will also be playing, and he is definately not the player he used to be... Hope that Martins will be on the bench. He could be a threat for us.

Milanix
27-02-2005, 12:09
Someone have a link to view the match ? I must see this match :p157:

Henrik
27-02-2005, 12:24
Joy! ESPN (Latin American feed to the Caribbean) is showing the game. I will have to make a nice Pasta and open a bottle of Italian wine :)

Jim_UK
27-02-2005, 13:06
I'm not sure i dare watch/follow the match on here tonight. Every game i've been interested in this weekend has gone against me.

Everton win ....
Wales win (rugby) ...
England lose (rugby) ...
Juventus win ...
Liverpool lose in extra time to Chelsea ...

It's enough to make me sick ..... and absolutely mad as hell :fero: :mad:

I hope Milan can break my jynx !

adi_acm
27-02-2005, 14:24
Then make sure you don't watch this game. Just... sleep or something until it's over.

iregk
27-02-2005, 14:59
Alright lads, whos going to be doing the updates? In work so cant see the game. Yes head is wrecked but what can you do.

BFC82
27-02-2005, 15:08
Our unbeated streak will continue...count on that. VAMOS INTER!! ALLEZ INTER!! FORZA INTER!!

ACMILAN1983
27-02-2005, 15:16
game comments at....

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17968