View Full Version : Robben helped by Milan
Hmm, interesting - from planetfootball.com:
Robben helped by Milan
Chelsea wide man Arjen Robben has the healing hands of Milan's medical team to thank for his rapid recovery from a broken foot.
The influential Dutchman had been expected to be sidelined for a minimum of six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot against Blackburn, but he is already back in training and looking to make an ahead of schedule return.
Roman Abramovich's close relationship with the Italian giants allowed Robben to be treated by the head of their medical team, Jean Pierre Meersseman, who is regarded as one of the best in his field.
Despite the fact Milan and Chelsea could yet still meet in the UEFA Champions League, Meersseman believes the club made the correct ethical decision in helping their potential rivals.
''We were happy to help,'' said Meersseman.
''Abramovich knows Galliani very well and the Russians are also on good terms with our Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi.
''It's unusual to help a rival, but it comes down to sportsmanship.
''Competition is important but so is sportsmanship
zlatanov
04-03-2005, 07:30
Yeah, goal.com also reported it a week or so ago. Makes you very proud as a Milan fan, ha? I would love to live to the day when Juve do something like this.
If it is true, then I should say that Milan has done one of the most stupid things ever. :D
Juve would give the player drugs instead :(
zlatanov
04-03-2005, 09:06
']Juve would give the player drugs instead :(
Yeah, and then, make him sign with GEA. :yuck:
It's also going to make relations with Man U interesting next week seeing that they're the only club with any chance of catching Chelsea in the Premier League, and we've just helped one of Chelsea's best players!!!
Chelsea admire our Medical technology for the players to recover.They wnat to know our skill at Milanello.Therefore some news said that they offer to exchange Crespo for our medical and Milanello techlonogy.This news haven't been confirmed though,i really don't want any other teams have our techlonogy
zlatanov
04-03-2005, 10:33
From what I know about Milan Lab, and this I read on the old official page but it is not anymore on the new one, the heart of all this technology is the software provided to Milan by CA (Computer Associates) - hardware was built by Unisys and AMD. CA has a contract with Milan that they will not work or provide the software to any other team in Serie A. Milan got the software for free, I think, for they provided CA with a perfect environment to "experiment" with their new idea of using computers to improve players' performance. In return Milan would get the softaware for free and will be the only Serie A team to have access to this new technology.
So, unless another team in the Premiership has already signed with CA/Unisys, I don't think there is a reason for Chelsea not to do so. I guess the main reason why not many clubs, not say no clubs at all, outside Italy have not started using the technology of Milan Lab is that it is very innovative and people still don't trust its effectiveness.
I guess we are pioneers once again.
If it is true, then I should say that Milan has done one of the most stupid things ever. :D
Ethically is correct BUT I AGREE WITH RAE
Ethically is correct BUT I AGREE WITH RAE
I think Milan did well, the relationship with Chelsea is better now. This would give Milan an advantage in the Crespo deal.
I think Milan did well, the relationship with Chelsea is better now. This would give Milan an advantage in the Crespo deal.
Exactly what I was thinking. Plus, it might make Ferguson's nose turn an even deeper shade of puce. :D I just hope we don't meet Chelsea in the CL.
Warro Bantan
04-03-2005, 15:48
Even if we do meet Chelsea, and Robben plays, and even scores the winning goal, IMO, we did the right thing. We cannot allow simple things like the colour of a jersey that a player wears to overcome our humanity.
We are all humans together, some brown, some black, some white, some wear red and black, others wear all blue. That should never be the determining factor as to wether or not we lend our fellow human being some assistance.
The good that we project into the universe will be revisited on us three fold, if not more...so lets keep humanity in the fore, and before we act, always ask:
Is what I am about to do, an expression of my highest, purest thought?
I think Milan did just that in this case.
FORZA MILAN!!!
My club continues to make me proud.
I think this is fantastic news. Where football is becoming more and more shrowded in dirty tricks and back stabbing a sign of humanity and friendship between two clubs is a welcome change. Shame there wasn't more of it.
It is quite nice though as Stefan said, we just helped chelsea best player get back on track as our next opponents are trying so desperately to catch them. Adds more spice to that game.
yeah i agree very well said as usual Warro
Warro Bantan
04-03-2005, 16:53
Thanks guys!
Well maybe the y could thank us by loaning him to us for 5 years or so, with an option to extend of course :grinser:
Peachtot
07-03-2005, 11:58
and the news that i have ever read in local newspaper bout milan lab working is true, I think...
awesome... even a club like chelsea ask a favour for our sporting medical lab....
other news said that milan lab in technology level with some medical lab of american football team in NFL (US)...
BRAVO...
I don't see the reason why Milan are helping Chelsea with Robben's rehab, unless it means getting Crespo cheap as part of the deal :bri:
Stezagud
07-03-2005, 12:43
its a clever way of distracting Abramovich i think. Instead of flying his jet over with suitcases full of money to try and persuade Sheva with, he's going to be spending time and money building "Chelsea lab"
We'll have to watch out for him trying to poach the Doctors though :eek:
by the way chelsea if it should so transpire that robben now does some wierd things such as "malfuntion", make beeping noises and drink oil. then think nothing of it.
also if a player bearing an uncanny resemblence to Robben should play for us next year, think nothing of it.
triniman
07-03-2005, 18:58
Even if we do meet Chelsea, and Robben plays, and even scores the winning goal, IMO, we did the right thing. We cannot allow simple things like the colour of a jersey that a player wears to overcome our humanity.
We are all humans together, some brown, some black, some white, some wear red and black, others wear all blue. That should never be the determining factor as to wether or not we lend our fellow human being some assistance.
The good that we project into the universe will be revisited on us three fold, if not more...so lets keep humanity in the fore, and before we act, always ask:
Is what I am about to do, an expression of my highest, purest thought?
I think Milan did just that in this case.
FORZA MILAN!!!
My club continues to make me proud.
agreed 110%
I do not see why our should doctors help other club players. It is not a matter of humanity. It is football where - you score you win - they score they win [you lose]. I do not think that it is not enough doctors in the world who can treat Robben. :rollani:
PS: do you really think that 'ski will mind that when the Crespo case approaches? :rollani: :rotfl:
I agree with you Rae, I don't see why our staff should be concerned with another team. football is afterall a business, would rival law firms take each others clients on seminars or something like that.
hitmannq8
08-03-2005, 11:50
Remember in the last summer transfer window when Abramovic came to Milan to have lunch with Galliani and Berlusconi? And they said they are here just for lunch, no transfers at all? And it was widely expected that they came to get Sheva?
After that meeting, the headlines all over were Milan-Chelsea Alliance.. I think this is what they discussed.. To help each other.. I think it is extremely useful, as we will be loaning players to each other in the near future i guess, and also abramovic might lend us a billion or two :P
I don't know why milan shouldn't help them, if it didn't cost milan a thing. besides it's always good to be on good terms with other clubs.
besides milan lab is in an experimental fase right now the ultimate meaning is to sell the method. That is what Meerseman declared a while ago
Stezagud
08-03-2005, 12:09
Remember in the last summer transfer window when Abramovic came to Milan to have lunch with Galliani and Berlusconi? And they said they are here just for lunch, no transfers at all? And it was widely expected that they came to get Sheva?
They were most definately after Shevchenko but it suited both parties to say otherwise ;)
over course they where, they want to assemble practically a world XI and that would mean getting Sheva. won't happen though. I only hope if there is some sort of "alliance" we get some benefit out of it (and we did get Crespo) and continue to do so. I'm wary a lot of Abrohamovich's deals seem awful beneficial to Chelsea and not so beneficial to the other side (using corinthians as a sort of south american storage locker, hoovering up PSVs talent).
wary a lot of Abrohamovich's deals seem awful beneficial to Chelsea and not so beneficial to the other side (using corinthians as a sort of south american storage locker, hoovering up PSVs talent).
Do you mean that iranian tycoon who has possesion a large part of Corinthians's stocks, is assosiated with Abro' ? And those rumours about Carlito Tevez in 'ski are real story? :wth:
Do you mean that iranian tycoon who has possesion a large part of Corinthians's stocks, is assosiated with Abro' ? And those rumours about Carlito Tevez in 'ski are real story? :wth:
yeah I'm pretty sure it's all true. Someone at Corinthians, I think it was the vice-president, said "Tevez is already a chelsea player." they're trying to get out of the situation they're in because it creates so much uncertainty, I don't think they even own Tevez out right, I think he's owned by some corporation linked with Abro.
this is that story on goal
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=48755&idSez=20
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.