PDA

View Full Version : Totti.


meazza
08-03-2005, 18:51
he's someone I usually get quite irked at, and his latest comments weren't exactly complimentary of us, but I think he made some good points.

I think also it's admirable that a mere player at a club that's certainly not the biggest in Italy has to confidence and charisma to stand up for what he believes and be heard.

------------


Bitter Totti tears into Juve
Tuesday 8 March, 2005
Francesco Totti has launched a bitter tirade at Juve, Fabio Capello, referees, the ‘powers that be’ and Alessandro Del Piero.

The fall-out from Roma’s controversial 2-1 defeat to Juventus on Saturday night shows no signs of abating as the captain took the opportunity of today’s press conference to stir up more debate.

“The truth is that it’s difficult to win when it’s 11 men against 14,” said Totti. “If football carries on like this then your desire to play the game will just fall away. By the end of it only two or three clubs will bother carrying on.”

The Giallorossi had won the Scudetto with Capello at the helm in 2001, but that was an unusual blot on the landscape.

“In 10 years only Roma and Lazio have broken the stranglehold over the title. As for the rest, it was all Juve and Milan, taking it in turns. I don’t care if I get fined for saying this, as I am just speaking the truth.”

The fiery encounter at the Stadio Olimpico also saw Leandro Cufre caught on camera striking Del Piero on the chin after an altercation in the penalty area. So far, the Disciplinary Commission has not called for video evidence to be used and Totti gives an interesting take on the whole incident.

“Cufre was not crazy and if you watch the footage again then you’ll see that before he hit Del Piero, the Juve man punched him in the stomach,” continued the Roma star. “I don’t want to say Cufre was right to do it, but these things happen in a tense game and Del Piero was not an innocent bystander to be praised for his fair play. The media talks about what it wants to, regardless of the evidence.”

The Argentine defender also spoke up about the incident after he was vilified in the Italian Press for lashing out.

“Del Piero kicked me from behind and then he punched me in the stomach before I retaliated,” said Cufre. “How can Juve boast of fair play when their team has given away more free kicks than anyone else and then come to Rome to steal points?”

At the end of the 90 minutes there were over 63 free kicks awarded – more than any other Serie A game so far this season – but referee Racalbuto was blasted for handing Juventus a penalty for a foul that was outside the area.

“The referee made the biggest mistake right from the start, as he changed the face of the game,” insisted Totti. “Juve committed at least 30 fouls early on, and if he had started waving yellow cards around then the situation would not have gotten out of hand.”

However, Totti also reserved his barbed comments for teammate Antonio Cassano, who gave a television interview before the match praising Capello and confessing that he was re-evaluating his contract negotiations with Roma.

“We all know Antonio and that his timing isn’t great,” noted his friend. “It was rather hurtful to hear some of the things he said, but he made that choice. I’d advise Cassano to leave Capello and Juventus well alone. As for my own future, the club knows what my terms are and I don’t want to leave.”

channel4.com

sehnsucht79
14-03-2005, 23:35
I hate Totti's personality and his puppy Cassano, but you gotta admit Totti is practically a dream captain - he gives his all to Roma, hates whomever Romanistas hate...

Despite all that rubbish, I do believe he is a great talent and really enjoy the way he plays. As a footballer per se I like Totti, but definitely not the man himself.

Xudong
14-03-2005, 23:45
I hate Totti's personality and his puppy Cassano, but you gotta admit Totti is practically a dream captain - he gives his all to Roma, hates whomever Romanistas hate...

Despite all that rubbish, I do believe he is a great talent and really enjoy the way he plays. As a footballer per se I like Totti, but definitely not the man himself.


Capello "used to" hate Juventus and swore in public he would never go to Juventus. :fero:

What do you think of him? :hihihi: Do you like him as a footballer, a man, or both, or neither? :D

Koeke
15-03-2005, 06:23
He is an incredible soccer player who would have his place in every team in the world but I'm affraid that's it...

mk18
15-03-2005, 12:44
dont like him!! .. hes as arrogant as mourinho IMO

sehnsucht79
15-03-2005, 21:44
Capello "used to" hate Juventus and swore in public he would never go to Juventus. :fero:

What do you think of him? :hihihi: Do you like him as a footballer, a man, or both, or neither? :D

Now that hes on our side, I dont mind him. Either you're with us, or against us (Thats George Bush talking btw :D ) but after all Capello did play for Juventus, so thats a plus.

I would be happy should Totti come to Juventus though. And Cassano for that fact. Like I said, they might be a total pain in the butt but there's no denying their talent and wonderful skills.

meazza
20-03-2005, 18:52
i think i just like pricks. I like this out-spoken ways, he at least is someone who has claimed the right to be arrogant being so talented. I'd rather here totti's latest tirade than some nobody rubbish player.

Angel_Cic
20-03-2005, 19:33
i've never been a fan of totti because of his attitude on and off the field. i couldn't help but laugh todya whn he got the red card. he deserved it.

XZeRo3003
21-03-2005, 11:31
Totti definitely has one of the most disgraceful attutides I've ever seen a player have, if not THE most disgraceful attitude, but rather than laugh at him I think it's a shame to see such a talented player fall in that vice. That was one of the stupidist reasons to get a red card, and Totti still managed to get it.

I think he's still one of the most talented midfielders Italy has, but if he could JUST control that temper we could get somewhere.

On that Juve not I'm glad he came out to say that, sometimes we need that attitude to bust down on Juve. Because it's TRUE!!! Juve always get penalties in their favor and rarely against!!!

Angel_Cic
23-03-2005, 16:23
kenny darling! it's been ages since you've last posted...welcome back :sweeteye:

zlatanov
23-03-2005, 16:31
I don't think Totti will ever go to Juve, maybe Real or even Milan but never Juve.
As for the rumours that we are planning to sign him for next season, given Roma's situation, I would say that Milan is not a toilet bowl so no need for Totti here. Our strongest weapon is our unity as a team and an ego as big as his is will only drag the team down. He has spent his whole career in a team that worships him as God and I doubt he will thrive in a Milan side where he will be just another player and will have to work his a_ss off for the team and not the other way around.
Apart from that, what a shame that such a talent has gone down the toilet.

K77SH C
23-03-2005, 22:37
Totti is player I used to respect but now I just think he a looooser :nasty: Either he dives in the world cup or spits at people at the euro championships. Then he says he loves Roma and keeps saying how he will stay. Either sign for a big club and win things or stay at your beloved Roma gracefully and accept you wont win anything in your career. He could learn a thing or two from Rui who would have happily not won a scudetto or CL medal for his beloveed Fiorentina. He only left because he had to. Ehat is it with Roma at Lazio, the fans, the players, the owners and even the managers just cry like little babies. :r7:

sehnsucht79
26-03-2005, 06:53
I think Sensi would kill himself if Totti goes away.



...


I'll prepare the grave :devil: :w221:

Kui
26-03-2005, 07:04
Totti is player I used to respect but now I just think he a looooser :nasty: Either he dives in the world cup or spits at people at the euro championships. Then he says he loves Roma and keeps saying how he will stay. Either sign for a big club and win things or stay at your beloved Roma gracefully and accept you wont win anything in your career. He could learn a thing or two from Rui who would have happily not won a scudetto or CL medal for his beloveed Fiorentina. He only left because he had to. Ehat is it with Roma at Lazio, the fans, the players, the owners and even the managers just cry like little babies. :r7:

Dude, the guy has always been a big vagina. The guy who actually pulls his weight for the team is Montella. Not Totti and his sodomite girlfriend Cassano. As for him going to Juve... be my guess! Capello might be out of a job if they go 0 for 2 in titles won. Now talk about an over rated player! Totti tops the list.

Koeke
28-03-2005, 10:25
Now talk about an over rated player! Totti tops the list.

to be honest I don't agree I think outside Italy his actually underrated, I admire his soccerskills but kind of despise the person and the way he handless his talent