PDA

View Full Version : Milan versus Samp Pre Game comments


almilan
09-03-2005, 05:37
Next game is versus samp on sunday and i will be there :devs:
1st versus 3rd!
who would have believed samp would be doing so well.
wondering who else here is going to the match?

Milan-Sampdoria

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two most in-form Serie A sides meet at the San Siro as leaders Milan face third-placed Sampdoria. The Rossoneri have won their last six League games, while Doria have won five and lost one (to Livorno) over the same period of time.


The Rossoneri kept up their joint leadership with Juventus thanks to a 2-1 win at Atalanta. That victory was labelled as ‘lucky’ by some given that Andrea Pirlo netted a 94th minute winner. The champions are developing a habit for leaving it late after winning in similar circumstances against Lazio and Cagliari.


Sampdoria will certainly need to be aware of that particular Milan characteristic given their last experience of the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. The port outfit were leading 2-0 at Inter before the home side scored three times in the last five minutes to net a remarkable victory.


While most expected Milan to be in such a position, few believed that Doria would be fighting for a place in next season’s Champions’ League. They beat Chievo, somewhat fortunately, last week and have also beaten Juventus in Turin this season. That will make them a danger even without the injured trio of Stefano Sacchetti, Cristiano Doni and Marcello Castellini. It's a special occasion for Vitali Kutuzov, whose contract is still owned by the Rossoneri.


Milan also have injury problems to contend with. Golden Ball winner Andriy Shevchenko is still out following his cheekbone surgery and Kakha Kaladze is struggling with a muscle problem, even if Manuel Rui Costa could return after a bout of the flu. Marcos Cafu missed the Atalanta trip through suspension and shores up the defence.




PS What is the story behind the rivalry behind the Milan and Samp fans, I remember watching a game years ago on tv in Genoa when the match had to be postphoned i think because of crowd trouble

Nadir
09-03-2005, 10:41
Yah this looks easy for Milan on paper but Samp are a gritty side that ended up taking results by chipping away at the oppositions will and grabbing a win. none of their wins are lucky. The fact they are 3rd is testament to the fact they have a great coach who can motivate a team without a single "star" player. It will also be nice to have former milan goalie Antonioli play against us again. This game will be tricky indeed because Samp are not the team to keep attacking, leavning themselves open to counters. Samp will be really patient and may just try to come out of the game with a draw.

Goirre
09-03-2005, 12:12
Tricky match....Samp is third, only Milan and Juve have more points than them...that says it all. However, I am sure we will get the three points and our 7th straight Serie A win....and if Chievo can inflict some damage on the zebras I won't complain much ;)

Cafu is back from suspension and only Sheva and Kaladze remain sidelined. Chances are Carlo will play two strikers, hopefully SuperPippo, although I believe it will be JDT and Crespo, with SuperPippo coming in the second half. I would like to see the same defensive line than against Man U (Cafu, Nesta, Stam, San Paolo), but I wouldn't be surprised if Pancaro gets a start...now if Kaladze is fit I would certainly like to see him in. In midfield we will probably see the usual four (Pirlo, Rino, Seedorf, Kaka). Well, in Carletto we trust :de3:

Warro Bantan
09-03-2005, 14:10
Tricky match....Samp is third, only Milan and Juve have more points than them...that says it all. However, I am sure we will get the three points and our 7th straight Serie A win....and if Chievo can inflict some damage on the zebras I won't complain much ;)

Cafu is back from suspension and only Sheva and Kaladze remain sidelined. Chances are Carlo will play two strikers, hopefully SuperPippo, although I believe it will be JDT and Crespo, with SuperPippo coming in the second half. I would like to see the same defensive line than against Man U (Cafu, Nesta, Stam, San Paolo), but I wouldn't be surprised if Pancaro gets a start...now if Kaladze is fit I would certainly like to see him in. In midfield we will probably see the usual four (Pirlo, Rino, Seedorf, Kaka). Well, in Carletto we trust :de3:
Thanks Goirre, you have said everything I wanted to say, so now I dont have to post, I only have to quote yours! :D

killiegradge
09-03-2005, 14:15
We are heading over from Scotland.Should be good game.Might see you in kookabar afterwards-do they do food in Kookabar?

Staci
13-03-2005, 12:36
Where is everyone for this game ?
It's 1-0 for Milan with 16 min left

Vady
13-03-2005, 12:56
AC MILAN 1 - 0 SAMPDORIA FT :p017:
65´ KAKA :)
70' J. Stam - yellow card
75' A. Costacurta - yellow card

:3band:

:fero: FORZA MILAN :fero:


CAGLIARI 3 - 0 AS ROMA :devf: :p155:
D.D.Rossi red carded

Zola ´23; Esposito ´41; Suazo ´48 WOW !!!!

Xudong
13-03-2005, 13:01
CAGLIARI 3 - 0 AS ROMA

Zola ´23; Esposito ´41; Suazo ´48

Don't care... :howler:




D.D.Rossi red carded



This part I do care... :howler: :rock3: :rock3:

:D :D