PDA

View Full Version : Sheva's headbutt


Rab
13-04-2005, 06:58
Aside from the violence which has dominated today's headlines, and the truly wonderful goal scored by Sheva, does anybody else recall him flattening Materazzi with a headbutt not long after kick off, which was missed by both the referee and linesman.

When I saw it I nearly cried, as the likelihood is that we could miss him for the rest of the competition. Bellamy of Newcastle was banned for five games for something similar a few seasons back, the same could result now

ACMILAN1983
13-04-2005, 07:05
I was going to mention this elsewhere. It was unlike Sheva to do things like that, but I have no doubts Materazzi would have played his part.

Luckily, I read on UEFA.com...

"No Shevchenko proceedings
Meanwhile, UEFA has said it will not instigate proceedings against Shevchenko for an incident involving the Ukrainian player and Inter opponent Marco Materazzi which occurred in the third minute of the game."

So I guess we can count ourselves lucky on that part :)

ps - I'm glad Sheva got his own back on that idiotic donkey after what he's done to Sheva over the years :D

Bram
13-04-2005, 08:33
Well, Materazzi got what he deserved but it's stupid that Sheva did that after 4 mins of play !! If he would have been red carded, we were with 10 man the entire game ! And then the dissalow Inter's goal, i can understand the frustration of the Interfans although what they did was unforgiveable ...

walmania
13-04-2005, 08:55
lets not forget that Sheva has not long since had an operation on his cheek bone and so when that donkey Materazi approached Sheva, Sheva had to lower his head to protect himself as everyone knows that the donkey is capable of anything!

Lets be honest, any type of physical pain inflicted on materazzi by any player in the World is well deserved as he has spent his whole career inflicting pain on others!

If I was Sheva, I probably would have poked him in the eye also, and maybe stomped on his foot!

jani
14-04-2005, 00:39
does anyone have the "Crazy Materazzi" video ACMilan.com published quite a long time ago?

almilan
14-04-2005, 04:14
He owed Materazzi big time, im glad he got him .... and got away with it

rae
14-04-2005, 04:29
the Butcher was culled :fero: :haha:

Forza Sheva

Grande-Milan-DK
14-04-2005, 04:34
Great to have such fair Milan fans ?!? - So if we say it is ok that Materazzi got a headbutt, Inter fans also are right when they applauded when Dida got hit by this firework.

I have seen this scene with Materazzi Sheva 20 times - even in super slowmotion. First Shevchenko is losing the ball by the goal line and just after he is pushing Materazzi so he is falling. 5 seconds later there is some talk between them and Materazzi is suddenly changing direction and walking in the direction while Shevchenko also is walking to his direction. Sheva lowering his head and is hitting Materazzi his nose/mouth.

Both where provoking but how the hell Shevchenko can do that and risk Milan to play with 10 men for 87 minutes is unbelivable. To say that it was Materazzi who gave Sheva a headbutt(which some think) it`s simply not true. Watch the scene again and again, and there are no doubt that Sheva had to be shown the red card.

ACMILAN1983
14-04-2005, 07:23
Great to have such fair Milan fans ?!? - So if we say it is ok that Materazzi got a headbutt, Inter fans also are right when they applauded when Dida got hit by this firework.

I have seen this scene with Materazzi Sheva 20 times - even in super slowmotion. First Shevchenko is losing the ball by the goal line and just after he is pushing Materazzi so he is falling. 5 seconds later there is some talk between them and Materazzi is suddenly changing direction and walking in the direction while Shevchenko also is walking to his direction. Sheva lowering his head and is hitting Materazzi his nose/mouth.

Both where provoking but how the hell Shevchenko can do that and risk Milan to play with 10 men for 87 minutes is unbelivable. To say that it was Materazzi who gave Sheva a headbutt(which some think) it`s simply not true. Watch the scene again and again, and there are no doubt that Sheva had to be shown the red card.

true, we shouldn't condone Sheva's actions, but I think over the years, Materazzi has provoked him more than enough to understand Sheva's actions. I won't take back saying I'm glad Materazzi got a knock, but I will say Sheva was out of line.

Henrik
14-04-2005, 07:29
I think Sheva was just trying out his new titanium face implants. "Eat metal Sideburn Kickboxer" is what he said before launching his attack ;)

PS. Not condoning any violence :angel:

Giovanni
14-04-2005, 08:03
i condone sheva because materazzi before the match started told him:" i will destroy the other side of your face" ..it's a rumour which won't be confirmed because in the world of football nobody wants to denounce these fatcs.

Laudrup
14-04-2005, 09:39
Great to have such fair Milan fans ?!? - So if we say it is ok that Materazzi got a headbutt, Inter fans also are right when they applauded when Dida got hit by this firework.

I have seen this scene with Materazzi Sheva 20 times - even in super slowmotion. First Shevchenko is losing the ball by the goal line and just after he is pushing Materazzi so he is falling. 5 seconds later there is some talk between them and Materazzi is suddenly changing direction and walking in the direction while Shevchenko also is walking to his direction. Sheva lowering his head and is hitting Materazzi his nose/mouth.

Both where provoking but how the hell Shevchenko can do that and risk Milan to play with 10 men for 87 minutes is unbelivable. To say that it was Materazzi who gave Sheva a headbutt(which some think) it`s simply not true. Watch the scene again and again, and there are no doubt that Sheva had to be shown the red card.

Agreed on all accounts!

It was a terribly stupid mistake by Sheva and could've easily resulted in elimination of Milan.

Jeff
14-04-2005, 09:53
Sheva MIGHT have headbutted Matterazzi, but the latter's body gesture suggested strongly that he intended to get hit (and thereby fell on the floor) by Shevchenko.

More on this later. Now gotta run for class.

almilan
15-04-2005, 05:13
Great to have such fair Milan fans ?!? - So if we say it is ok that Materazzi got a headbutt, Inter fans also are right when they applauded when Dida got hit by this firework.

I have seen this scene with Materazzi Sheva 20 times - even in super slowmotion. First Shevchenko is losing the ball by the goal line and just after he is pushing Materazzi so he is falling. 5 seconds later there is some talk between them and Materazzi is suddenly changing direction and walking in the direction while Shevchenko also is walking to his direction. Sheva lowering his head and is hitting Materazzi his nose/mouth.

Both where provoking but how the hell Shevchenko can do that and risk Milan to play with 10 men for 87 minutes is unbelivable. To say that it was Materazzi who gave Sheva a headbutt(which some think) it`s simply not true. Watch the scene again and again, and there are no doubt that Sheva had to be shown the red card.


Firstly the flares and headbutt are completely different incidents and are not comparable. secondly watch the video again materazzis head is the first to go down in a downward motion i.e. he moved his head into a threatening position before sheva. its not clear whether madarazzi was going to headbutt sheva or just square up with him. considering the recent surgery sheva had and madarazzis history sheva was right not to take any chances and get his attack in first. Maderazzi is a scumbag. he deserved everything he got. remember when he kicked sheva when he was on the ground 2 seasons ago

joe smith
15-04-2005, 05:17
:cheers: go go milan make them fall forever ur the one milan ur the one :hihihi:

Koeke
15-04-2005, 05:28
Sheva should have gotten a red card but the linesman was standing right in front of them if he really really did something that was even out of line he could have seen that perhaps the linesman noticed that is was both of their fault and sheva didn't intend to coz I actually doubt he really did it on purpose, (in the way of I'm gonna walk tho that butcher and headbut him...)
coz the way he did it really laks technique IMHO
nevertheless I you see it in a summary it's very strange indeed that he didn't get a red card. during half time they played that scene again, so the inter fans could see the player that should of gotten a red card scored against them adding to their frustration...
I understand inter fans got really pissed of but the way they expressed their anger ain't gonna help their club...

Ruffian
15-04-2005, 09:54
Sheva's comment on the alleged headbutt: "Non ho neanche pensato di fare un gesto simile, mai pensato di colpire, il guardalinee ha visto tutto".

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Altre%20Serie/Primo%20Piano/2005/04-Aprile/15/derbycuore.shtml

That means something like: "I never even thought of doing something like that, I never thought about hitting, the linesman saw everything." Good enough for me, particularly since Sheva isn't a liar or a dirty player. Neither is he stupid enough to headbutt somebody after recently recovering from a broken cheekbone and eye socket.

killiegradge
16-04-2005, 16:28
I am yet to be convinced that that Sheva did headbutt Inters thug.Yes he did dip his head but so to did Materazzi.I think it was just an eyeballs out confrontation and the thug made a meal of it.
End of story

jani
16-04-2005, 23:25
http://storage.xlcore.com/public.php?shared=Wm1GdWRHRnpkR2xqYjE5TllYUmxjbUY2ZW1rdVlYTm0gOGMyYzBjY2E3ZDM0MjU4MmYyMTM1N2ExMzYxNG UxNGFmMjA4Yjc2Zg==

Check that out and you will understand Sheva's headbutt ;)

killiegradge
17-04-2005, 04:46
Yep I think that pretty well sums up Materazzi.he is 100% thug.

Stezagud
17-04-2005, 04:49
Check that out and you will understand Sheva's headbutt

it shows Materazzi is a violent maniac, no one doubts that, but i still think Sheva was wrong here. If he had been caught then Inter would have had nearly a full match against 10 men, then we'd have had to play the rest of the European season without our top striker as 3 game bans are the mimimum for that.