View Full Version : What does your name mean ?
I thought this might be a little interesting, we could all post what the meanings of our names are. Our names often define who we are, I'm curious to see if this is the case. There is such a diversity of cultures, and personalities here. Let's see if your personality matches up with your name.
Staci - stable
Good Thread, :nail:
Christopher: Christ Bearer, Man who carried Christ.
:dcool:
Stezagud
23-04-2005, 12:07
Stezagud - Ste is good :D
my real name means crown, which i suppose makes me the king of MM :cool:
Staci - stable
A place for all the Horses in MM to rest. :nana:
Stezagud - Ste is good :D
my real name means crown, which i suppose makes me the king of MM :cool:
I bow to you my Lord ! ....lol
KhRiS...you're STUPID ! ;)
ACMILAN1983
23-04-2005, 17:07
hmm, cool thread. Shame I don't know what my name means :(
mine is mohammad, i was named after the prophet and i think it comes from the word hammad which is thankfullness ... but im not sure
hmm, cool thread. Shame I don't know what my name means :(
what's your name? :pchate:
sehnsucht79
24-04-2005, 06:32
I have to admit I love my name. Lol.
from the internet,
Salihah : Good; useful; correct; agreeable; pious
I'll have to break my full first name down to explain this.
Kui-kahekili-ahumanu-hiapo a very old style Hawaiian name, people just dont do this anymore!
Kui meaning to punch, pounce, thump, smote, hit, pierce and the sorts.
Kahekili means thunder
Ahumanu is a cape made of bird feathers used by the hawaiian nobility
Hiapo is an indicator showing to all that you are the first born son
Thus when put together... Kuikahekiliahumanuhiapo
It will mean figurtively Thunder Roars Within the Clouds(the cape)
or Thunder Roars within the Womb(the cape)
you dont put into the translation "eldest son" as it is just an indicating word.
In Old Hawaii a name tells all a lot about oneself. The people of old would know such a name is only unique to this or that Island and also would indicate one's noble or common lineage.
My name was given in the ancient way where not my parents but my grandparents endowed me with such honor. All other grandchildren are given christian names only thus the tradition to hand down a Hawaiian name is left solely to me. Not neccesarily to my children, but maybe to my grandchildren when such time occurs. That will be a while from now.
Because of the modernity of the world and of merciful convenience, my name legally on paper is just plain KUI + surname.
It's not that easy though! Besides the long name I have shown you, ancient hawaiian tradition gives me actually 2 more names! One is a "secret" name which is only known by my grandparents, which they address me by only in the presence of myself and them (my parents dont know of my secret name nor have one themselves). The second is maybe a nickname my parents and other relatives call me by which is "Keali'i"
pronounced KAY-ahhhh-leee-eeee meaning "mylord" or "my chief". How archaic and condescending for my relatives and even my parents to address me so! I prefer just Kui.
Today most people living in Hawaii whether they have Hawaiian ancestry or not have given their children hawaiian names in a more modern novelty kind of way. Somehow I got the unlucky burden of the old ways which now I have the onus to carry on.
sehnsucht79
24-04-2005, 08:53
Damn. And I thought my name had the coolest meaning. Hmph.
Damn. And I thought my name had the coolest meaning. Hmph.
What do you mean?? You have the coolest name!
BTW I'm sure you get hooked up with Pippo.
Alan is a name of Irish origin meaning 'handsome and cheerful'
correct on both accounts with me!
I don't know what my name means! can someone tell me pls
I don't know whether I should be doing this or not. :D Here goes. I've checked from three sources and I KNOW that there is a proper meaning of my name but everytime the same thing turns up.
Haroon means NAUGHTY HORSE. :guw: I am naughty by nature. :smileani:
I don't know what my name means! can someone tell me pls
This is the only one I could find...
Franco - Frank - (dictionary definition) Stating unwelcome facts or giving critical opinions
Origin - Spanish
princessa
24-04-2005, 12:58
This is the only one I could find...
Franco - Frank - (dictionary definition) Stating unwelcome facts or giving critical opinions
Origin - Spanish
Well ehm Princesa is how it should be spelled..but since my real name also starts with an S i made id PrinceSSa...just make it a lil diffrent!
i dont wanna tell my real name on the forum..but friends usually call me Sisi!
So Princess Sisi it is!
Angel_Cic
24-04-2005, 15:12
I'm named after the Virgin Mary, who we call "Marija" in my culture :)
ACMILAN1983
24-04-2005, 16:59
what's your name? :pchate:
Devan, any ideas (not jokes :D )?
Billy_Montreal
24-04-2005, 20:54
To quote a famous line from a great movie:
"I'm American honey...our names don't mean sh*t"
Ok..I'm Canadian..but still ;)
sehnsucht79
25-04-2005, 02:33
What do you mean?? You have the coolest name!
BTW I'm sure you get hooked up with Pippo.
Nah, your name's cooler :D
and yes Im sure I'll hook up with him too :stuckup:
I really like the name Eros ... very meaningful
To quote a famous line from a great movie:
"I'm American honey...our names don't mean sh*t"
Ok..I'm Canadian..but still ;)
Ahh... Pulp Fiction is one of my faves. I guess I came up with the nickname a long time ago due to depression. My real name? It's arabic... Khalid, I think it has to do with immortality or something that's long lasting. MK would you like to throw me a life line here and help me out?
yeah i think it does mean immortal... most of our names (arabs) come from the old traditional arabic language which is rarely used in the arab world anymore because u see different accents everywhere, i personally can understand only little of what the morrocans, tunisians, alegerians, mauritanians and lybians say ... same goes to some gulf words and sudanese as well
Devan, any ideas (not jokes :D )?
Devan - Varient of the English County Devon
Origin - English
Sorry this was the only one I could find.
Stezagud - Ste is good :D
my real name means crown, which i suppose makes me the king of MM :cool:What's yer reall name?
Well ehm Princesa is how it should be spelled..but since my real name also starts with an S i made id PrinceSSa...just make it a lil diffrent!
i dont wanna tell my real name on the forum..but friends usually call me Sisi!
So Princess Sisi it is!Too shy... too bad... :v46:
I'm named after the Virgin Mary, who we call "Marija" in my culture :):grinser: that's not a meaning ;)
My name has baltic orgins. Algirdas constists of too relevant word parts. First is Al. It means all. We balts are close to germanian issues ;) Second - girdas. It means to hear or the one who hears. So when you put them together ir soinds like that - the one who hears everything. It fits to me. :tong:
PS: my father intended to call me Ronald aka Ronald Reagan, due to he was the one who strated the crash of USSR. But my mother, her parents and my dad's parents insisted that if I would be called Ronald, my parents can be locked in prison [that was serious argument that time]. :(
PSS: my current name is a name of Grand Duke of Lithuania Algirdas, who has conquered many russian teritories and made much damage for them. :stuckup:
Reza comes from the words satisfied or satisfacton.
Its a common name there because it is the name of the Eighth Imam of Shi'ite Muslims.
Peachtot
25-04-2005, 10:26
anyone of you know the meaning of Peachtot ??
Stezagud
25-04-2005, 10:57
What's yer reall name?
Stephen, though usually it just gets shortened to Ste :D
PS: my father intended to call me Ronald aka Ronald Reagan, due to he was the one who strated the crash of USSR.
I know a guy who fled from the middle east to England back in the 80s. He loves Thatcher and Reagan because they were in power at the time and named his first son Ronald after him :eek: he has a second son named Alfred after the English king Alfred the Great ( i suppose he couldnt name him Maggie :D ) their surname is Islam though, so the kids are Ronald and Alfred Islam which i'd guess isnt a common combination :cool:
anyone of you know the meaning of Peachtot ??
It means you be my biAtch! LOL!
Peachtot??? I dunno?
Peach... obvious
tot... like little one or a big infant???
maybe little peach. You poochhie poochiee little peachy you!
anyone of you know the meaning of Peachtot ??
where's miss staci? :tongue1: , this is her department now. :ilol:
anyone of you know the meaning of Peachtot ??
I'm not having much luck with this, is it a shortform of your name ? If you know the origin it might help me out.
princessa
25-04-2005, 14:10
Peachtot is A DRINK! its a small class withc peach taste and allot of whisky!
Stezagud - Ste is good :D
my real name means crown, which i suppose makes me the king of MM :cool:
I thought it meant: "Ste is God" :v408:
Henrik means "Ruler of the House", which is quite ironic given how wipped I am by my wife and daughter ;) To quote Woody Allen: "I am in charge, she is just the decision maker" :r7:
anyone of you know the meaning of Peachtot ??
It is an anagram for "top cheat" ;)
ACMILAN1983
25-04-2005, 15:44
Devan - Varient of the English County Devon
Origin - English
Sorry this was the only one I could find.
Very good effort and a logical conclusion. Unfortunately Devan is an Indian name and so its probably got a different meaning within Indian culture, though I don't know.
Very good effort and a logical conclusion. Unfortunately Devan is an Indian name and so its probably got a different meaning within Indian culture, though I don't know.
Seems to share the same base as *bip bip* and *bip bip* though ;) :kap:
ACMILAN1983
25-04-2005, 18:25
Seems to share the same base as *bip bip* and *bip bip* though ;) :kap:
quiet!! I don't everyone to know my secret identity ;)
quiet!! I don't everyone to know my secret identity ;)
You are quite right, my apologies, I went back and edited my post and your quote on my post not to reveal your alter ego :pr115:
PS. Only those who frequent this thread often enough would have had the privilage of getting this desired information. Another reason to stay updated with MM :)
totti_jonaid
26-04-2005, 02:26
You seem to be pretty creative and this is a wonderful thread that you have started.
My name is Jonaid and the meaning of my name is leader of a battalion. The battalion which consist of Army Men.
Stephen, though usually it just gets shortened to Ste :DAt last.... Steph :tong:... now we are waitin for yer pic :DI know a guy who fled from the middle east to England back in the 80s. He loves Thatcher and Reagan because they were in power at the time and named his first son Ronald after him :eek: he has a second son named Alfred after the English king Alfred the Great ( i suppose he couldnt name him Maggie :D ) their surname is Islam though, so the kids are Ronald and Alfred Islam which i'd guess isnt a common combination :cool:I have read that our Cristiano Ronaldo is also named Ronald due to Reagan... :)
:
PS: my father intended to call me Ronald aka Ronald Reagan, due to he was the one who strated the crash of USSR. But my mother, her parents and my dad's parents insisted that if I would be called Ronald, my parents can be locked in prison [that was serious argument that time]. :(
PSS: my current name is a name of Grand Duke of Lithuania Algirdas, who has conquered many russian teritories and made much damage for them. :stuckup:
Well Algirda is pretty darn cool! Ronald... that is, after Reagan would have been a cool name too. One of the best US Presidents in the 20th Century. Glad your parents did the safe thing in that they didnt go to prison. I think Algirda was very bold name too, emphasizing your Lithuanina heritage whilst under the oppression of the Soviets. So not being named Ronald didnt end up being so bad after all.
Well Algirda is pretty darn cool! Ronald... that is, after Reagan would have been a cool name too. One of the best US Presidents in the 20th Century. Glad your parents did the safe thing in that they didnt go to prison. I think Algirda was very bold name too, emphasizing your Lithuanina heritage whilst under the oppression of the Soviets. So not being named Ronald didnt end up being so bad after all.First of all I am Algirdas ;) :tong:
Well, it was not so safe as it could be. My father was evetually punished but I guess my name was not the main reason, but it probably did no good for him that time ;)
PS: we use to call them russians, not soviets ;)
I am almost sure that I will call my son [if I have :tong:] Ronald. As a tribute to my father, Roanld Reagan and some great and beloved football players called name Ronaldo :tong: [except R9].
sehnsucht79
26-04-2005, 04:32
Ahh... Pulp Fiction is one of my faves. I guess I came up with the nickname a long time ago due to depression. My real name? It's arabic... Khalid, I think it has to do with immortality or something that's long lasting. MK would you like to throw me a life line here and help me out?
Thats my brother's name, but hes named after Khalid Al Walid, the great warrior.
Quentin Tarrantino :cool:
sehnsucht79
26-04-2005, 04:35
Stephen, though usually it just gets shortened to Ste :D
Im confused about thing - whats the right pronounciation for 'stephen'? "Steh-phen" or "Stee-phen" ?
My real name is Deborah....it's the Hebrew word for bee....at least that's the meanign I found many many years ago when I looked it up...
princessa
26-04-2005, 07:29
First of all I am Algirdas ;) :tong:
Well, it was not so safe as it could be. My father was evetually punished but I guess my name was not the main reason, but it probably did no good for him that time ;)
PS: we use to call them russians, not soviets ;)
I am almost sure that I will call my son [if I have :tong:] Ronald. As a tribute to my father, Roanld Reagan and some great and beloved football players called name Ronaldo :tong: [except R9].
ALGIRDAS
I like your name so much! it sounds like an Ancient Warrior..cool! to find out names from all over the world!
Anyway MILANO1983...are you Indian?
princessa
26-04-2005, 07:36
actually sweety...when i looked it up....i saw it was a girlsname...and i was thinking that you were a boy!
Anyway Devan is an Celtic name also wich means
#writer of poetry#
well isnt that a cute meaning:)
actually sweety...when i looked it up....i saw it was a girlsname...and i was thinking that you were a boy!
Anyway Devan is an Celtic name also wich means
#writer of poetry#
well isnt that a cute meaning:)
It is a girls name, but also a boys, like Jamie, Stacy, Alex.......the gender is a factor of the defination.
My name is David but what it means I don`t know abt! Maybe you will now! I only now that it`s a very old name!
Devan in Hindi means Deity. :cool:
Stezagud
26-04-2005, 10:59
Im confused about thing - whats the right pronounciation for 'stephen'? "Steh-phen" or "Stee-phen" ?
the 2nd one, though usually i just get called Ste :D
At last.... Steph ... now we are waitin for yer pic
to add to the confusion, when my name gets shortened like that it gets spelt Steve, despite there being no V originally :confused: :D as for the photo, my sister lost her (more accurately, my :mad: ) camera in New York and cant afford another....the long wait just got longer :D
My name is David but what it means I don`t know abt! Maybe you will now! I only now that it`s a very old name!
its hebrew and means "beloved one", like king David i guess, though im not religious so i have no idea what he did, only that there was one :D
ACMILAN1983
26-04-2005, 20:34
thank you Henrik, now my master plan can be continued without interference ;)
Princessa, I am a boy lol, but as Staci said, it can in some places be a girls name (though I don't know any girls called Devan who are Indian ;) ). I like the definition you gave, "writer of poetry" has a nice ring to it :) . Where are you actually from if you don't mind me asking? :)
Khris thanks for the definition. I don't actually speak Hindi (I speak Gujurati), so I didn't know that. I have a feeling you may be on the right track, as my family's ancestory is quite a religious one.
sehnsucht79
26-04-2005, 20:42
Indias very religious and cultural, its what I like about them best. Their culture will never die. I love hindi movies :tong:
princessa
27-04-2005, 13:47
thank you Henrik, now my master plan can be continued without interference ;)
Princessa, I am a boy lol, but as Staci said, it can in some places be a girls name (though I don't know any girls called Devan who are Indian ;) ). I like the definition you gave, "writer of poetry" has a nice ring to it :) . Where are you actually from if you don't mind me asking? :)
Khris thanks for the definition. I don't actually speak Hindi (I speak Gujurati), so I didn't know that. I have a feeling you may be on the right track, as my family's ancestory is quite a religious one.
The Netherlands
Khris thanks for the definition. I don't actually speak Hindi (I speak Gujurati), .
Kemcho Dev :wave:
:D
Dragana-means precious,dear and lovely.There`s also a male version of it (Dragan).
Comes from the adjective drag/draga meaning dear,lovely and precious
*aaaaaah my precious....* (LOTR) ;)
Kemcho Dev :wave:
:D
kemcho dikhra :nervous:
ALGIRDAS
I like your name so much! it sounds like an Ancient Warrior..cool! to find out names from all over the world!Yeah, it is ;) As I have said before it is an old baltic orgin name, which was glorified by our Grand Duke Algirdas, who was great warrior and potitician. He reigned since 1345 untill his death in 1377.
to add to the confusion, when my name gets shortened like that it gets spelt Steve, despite there being no V originally :confused: :D as for the photo, my sister lost her (more accurately, my :mad: ) camera in New York and cant afford another....the long wait just got longer :DOkey, Ste :D... I intended to pronounce yer name Steff, not Steve ;) anyway... you better buy a new camera instead of waiting for old one is found. Or should we sponsor it?
princessa
28-04-2005, 12:22
Dragana-means precious,dear and lovely.There`s also a male version of it (Dragan).
Comes from the adjective drag/draga meaning dear,lovely and precious
*aaaaaah my precious....* (LOTR) ;)
Well a Yugoslavian dude learned me some words once! and em i know how to say them put not to write so...i hope you understand!
Par si my Drag! that means i like/love you...or you are so sweet! so is drag a shorter word for dragana?
Rapierist
28-04-2005, 12:52
Indias very religious and cultural
A sorry state. Cultural is fine, but religious...........:mad:
Religion is the bane of all humanity.
About my username here: well, I heard someone who uses a rapier in a proper swordsmanship competition is called a 'rapierist'. I don't know why, but I liked it at the time. It has a weird vibration to it (when you say it).
I have come to dislike it since.
Well a Yugoslavian dude learned me some words once! and em i know how to say them put not to write so...i hope you understand!
Par si my Drag! that means i like/love you...or you are so sweet! so is drag a shorter word for dragana?
Well as a matter of fact, par si moja Draga would mean you`re really cool,something along those lines like you suggested.Generally i believe it is more used in croatian than in serbian but it`s all the same thing anyway(it used to be proper yugoslavian indeed).
Drag is not a short form/nickaname for Dragana although some people here started calling me Draggy(sandra namely:)),nicknames for my name are rather dull and sometimes completely unrelated to it, like Dada for instance.That`s the one i highly dislike:D
However, there are also some like...Dragance,Dragce,Draganina(italian version,made up by my italian friends).
sehnsucht79
28-04-2005, 22:27
A sorry state. Cultural is fine, but religious...........:mad:
Religion is the bane of all humanity.
About my username here: well, I heard someone who uses a rapier in a proper swordsmanship competition is called a 'rapierist'. I don't know why, but I liked it at the time. It has a weird vibration to it (when you say it).
I have come to dislike it since.
Religion is part of their culture ... but okay lets not change the subject or else we'd be arguing over religion :)
Another interesting approach... rather than talk bout the meaning of your name you can talk bout how you come to opt for your nickname at MM. sehnsucht79 - sehnsucht is my fav Rammstein song which holds a very, very deep meaning for me, and theres a reason behind '79' but i wont state it here.
algirdas - Tolkien should've used the name :D
So much mystery withing a community of sorts, surrounding something we use every day among complete strangers....Hmmm ?
Hey, Dada :D, I have heard that Predrag means beyond beautiful or smth...algirdas - Tolkien should've used the name :DI would have appreciated it :sagrin: :v408: :star:
[QUOTE=rae]Hey, Dada :D, I have heard that Predrag means beyond beautiful [QUOTE]
Well....yeah,:D let a linguist explain it to you.....prefix PRE means over,more than enough,usually has a positive conotation,and DRAG as i wrote means precious,lovely etc...so you see,predrag danilovic is exactly that:D ;)However,Aleksandar Djordjevic means the one who saves people....mainly supporters:D(joke aside,i heard that italian name Alessandro meant : the one who saves people so i`m just making a connection)
P.S.
Great idea about the nickname thing,mine comes from a cartoon The Little Mermaid,it has always been one of my favourite cartoons.:proud:
(so...no, it`s not a detergent!!!!)
sehnsucht79
29-04-2005, 07:05
Little Mermaid rocks. I especially liked the song where Ariel went to that big octopus and she sold her soul. Something like that.
Eric's kinda cute too. Sebastian's funny, Flounder's plain cute.
Well....yeah,:D let a linguist explain it to you.....prefix PRE means over,more than enough,usually has a positive conotation,and DRAG as i wrote means precious,lovely etc...so you see,predrag danilovic is exactly that:D ;):mad: I do not like him...anyway...However,Aleksandar Djordjevic means the one who saves people....mainly supporters:D(joke aside,i heard that italian name Alessandro meant : the one who saves people so i`m just making a connection)Alexandros is a greek name.... means ''the one who saves people'' in all languages ;)
Mine rae is from famous computer game - Colin McRae rally 2.0... I found it out on 01/12/2001 :D
sehnsucht79
29-04-2005, 07:31
why the game, not the man himself ? wasnt colin mcrae a rally champion ? :)
My real name is Deborah....it's the Hebrew word for bee....at least that's the meanign I found many many years ago when I looked it up...
Deborah was a very powerful judge of Israel before the age of Kings. Just like the one who does the regulatin' here in MM. :nunu:
Mine (Heather) means a type of plant or shrub that grows where most other's can't. It's kind of an ugly looking plant. Considering the silly hippie names my parents were considering, I came out kind of lucky. I could have been Sunshine or Rainbow or Peace or Sierra Nevada or something like that. ;) The only problem with my name is that most people who don't speak English as a first language cannot pronounce it properly, but since nobody here in the USA can pronounce my last name correctly, it's par for the course.
sehnsucht79
29-04-2005, 10:39
And I am left to wonder on what would that last name be :D
Mine (Heather) means a type of plant or shrub that grows where most other's can't. It's kind of an ugly looking plant. Considering the silly hippie names my parents were considering, I came out kind of lucky. I could have been Sunshine or Rainbow or Peace or Sierra Nevada or something like that. ;) The only problem with my name is that most people who don't speak English as a first language cannot pronounce it properly, but since nobody here in the USA can pronounce my last name correctly, it's par for the course.
You mean your first name Heather??? Just tell them... its like saying "weather" or "whether" just drop the W and emphasize the H.
Thus... Heather.
My real name is the hebrew word for lily
Stezagud
29-04-2005, 11:50
Stezagud comes from an early 90's dance song called Ebeneezer Goode.
The chorus went "eeza good, eeza good, he's ebeneezer goode" so i change it into Stezagud :D
The song was actually about drugs, in Britain E is/was slang for ecstasy so what they were saying was E's are good :eek: this was at the height of rave culture and there was a lot of fuss over it as the song topped the charts. Thats not why i chose it though, i just liked that i could fit my name into the tune :D
wahey, I remember that song, I totally missed the drug reference because I was a kid. I thought it was all about ebenezer scrooge.
Stezagud
29-04-2005, 12:30
so did i back then, i just thought they were big fans of the Muppet Christmas Carol :D
ACMILAN1983
29-04-2005, 13:03
Princessa, you're from the Netherlands? Thats really cool, quite a few posters here are from there :) . Btw, cool avatar :D
Well done Susi, no mistakes ;)
Khris, any reason why your referring to Susi as a male? A word of warning, be careful what you say to the fiery red head ;)
Rapierist
29-04-2005, 13:05
Religion is part of their culture ... but okay lets not change the subject or else we'd be arguing over religion
Yeah. I wouldn't want to get into a discussion over religion either. It just never ends.
My real name is Shalom, it means peace. :nasty:
:sagrin:
why the game, not the man himself ? wasnt colin mcrae a rally champion ? :)Yes, he was, but it was very long time ago ['95] and he belonged to wrong team - Subaru [:star: Ford :proud:], by the way, Colin is my favorite driver ever in WRC :proud:
Although my nickname came from that game... if you have played it you should know that u can call yerself only by three letters and no capital letters allowed so I chose exactly rae ;)
Stezagud comes from an early 90's dance song called Ebeneezer Goode.
The chorus went "eeza good, eeza good, he's ebeneezer goode" so i change it into Stezagud :D
The song was actually about drugs, in Britain E is/was slang for ecstasy so what they were saying was E's are good :eek: this was at the height of rave culture and there was a lot of fuss over it as the song topped the charts. Thats not why i chose it though, i just liked that i could fit my name into the tune :D:dielaugh: Ste say - E's is good... :haha: can not believe my ears :googly: :grinser:
Btw, when I saw yer nick for the first time I thought it is some kind of arabian or indian name ;)
My real name is Shalom, it means peace. :nasty:
:sagrin:And yer nick means - hell :angel:
PS: really great avatar, Princessa :tong:
Princessa, you're from the Netherlands? Thats really cool, quite a few posters here are from there :) . Btw, cool avatar :D
Well done Susi, no mistakes ;)
Khris, any reason why your referring to Susi as a male? ;)
? :hangover:
And yer nick means - hell :angel:
yeah... i'm a paradox :D
*:angel:*
:fright:
Who's ready for a boring one? :D
Reza=first name
G=first letter of family name
sehnsucht79
29-04-2005, 22:37
If I tried your method I'd be SalihahK. Yeap, boring indeed :D But I do like the name Reza.
ACMILAN1983
30-04-2005, 13:28
? :hangover:
its true, refer to her as "dikhri" to be correct ;)
princessa
30-04-2005, 15:47
Well Ariel is also a name of an Angel also a name of a washing soda brand!
And susi...lily is just a very cute name!and ppl who refer her to a male are just so stupid!but yeah doesnt really surprise me when i look at the poster!
Anyway DEVAN..i am glad you like my avatar it has something indian ha?;)
sehnsucht79 your name is also very nice its an arabic/muslim name!Salihah
Well Ariel is also a name of an Angel also a name of a washing soda brand!
Ariel is also a character in one of Shakespeare`s works(ghost in The Tempest) :p146:
;)
P.S.
I missed a great celebration in the honour of Hans Christian Andersen(creator of the little mermaid fairy tale which i,aprat from the cartoon,also adore).Damn university...i would have really enjoyed a trip to Denmark :(
P.S.
I missed a great celebration in the honour of Hans Christian Andersen(creator of the little mermaid fairy tale which i,aprat from the cartoon,also adore).Damn university...i would have really enjoyed a trip to Denmark :(
You're more than welcome :lala:;):grinser:
You're more than welcome :lala:;):grinser:
Don`t worry i was already considering you as a tour guide;)
its true, refer to her as "dikhri" to be correct ;)
i was referring to you Mera dikhra. :p3129:
ACMILAN1983
01-05-2005, 19:48
i was referring to you Mera dikhra. :p3129:
you saying that to me creeps me out ;)
princessa
02-05-2005, 13:42
oops i posted something wrong here....
"argo" is a word of Javanese Language, in Indonesian it means "Gunung" and in English it means "Mountain".
ACMILAN1983
04-05-2005, 10:18
cool argo aka "mountain" ;)
you saying that to me creeps me out ;)
Su bolo che dikhra? :p1511:
ACMILAN1983
05-05-2005, 08:43
Su bolo che dikhra? :p1511:
lets just say its bringing flashbacks from the conversation me and you had when you first returned back to MM ;)
so you speak fluent gujurati?
I speak many indian languages :1old:
heidi azalea
17-05-2005, 09:53
If anyone wants to know my real name means, plz do PM to me. :1d31:
BTW, Heidi Azalea: I love the classic story Heidi, and Azalea is a flower which is grown in Southern Europe in spring.
Khris : I love SinChan with that Milan shirt. ;)
:5inter: --->hahahahaha !!!
ACMILAN1983
17-05-2005, 21:01
wow, so why not post your real name on the forum, if you're willing to give it to pms (Khris, no jokes, I'm referring to Personal messages not "pms" ;) ) anyway?
wow, so why not post your real name on the forum, if you're willing to give it to pms (Khris, no jokes, I'm referring to Personal messages not "pms" ;) ) anyway?
You Dirty Mind. :respect:
ok this is really stupid but yeah I called myself after the stadium. It wasn't like i was naive to milan's history, I knew of gre-no-li and rossi and schiffiano (spelling?) but obviously I had no interest in inter's history so never found the origins of the stadiums name. so yes I called myself after a legendary inter player by accident. good one eh?
you can change it if you want ;) just write to rezag and he'll surely help ya :tong:
roy_lo81
20-05-2005, 04:35
Roy is my surname, while Lo is my family name.
And I was born in 19'81
you can change it if you want ;) just write to rezag and he'll surely help ya :tong:
it's kind of quirky now though, I don't know. any suggestions to what it could become? :D
any suggestions to what it could become? :D :grinser: it's up to you, mate... noone can decide for you.... ;)
PS: you can yerself by a real name ;)
you better change it soon, or we will call you "PERDENTE"
:D
Vol Manlijke Kracht.
It's the second line of the official PSV song. And it means something like Full of manpower
I'm sorry I couldn't resist ......Does anyone else BESIDES KhRiS see the humour in that statement.....Full of manpower ? LOL Are you kidding me...that's funny stuff !
VMK just to be clear I'm not making fun of you.....just the line in the song ...
kinda looks like some one licking some one else's crack! Licka da lick! :hug2:
sehnsucht79
24-05-2005, 09:03
Men are power.
kinda looks like some one licking some one else's crack! Licka da lick! :hug2:
Pardon you ?????
Since we are on the subject of Crack.
:angel:
The one that got away.
:haha:
The one that got away.
:haha:
You see looks like VMK to me. LOL!
kinda looks like some one licking some one else's crack! Licka da lick! :hug2:
Care to explain this Kui ?
Vol Manlijke Kracht.
It's the second line of the official PSV song. And it means something like Full of manpower
man lijke kracht. Man licks crack. How the hell should i know! my mind was in the gutter for just a couple of seconds. this hardly ever happens mind you. btw you brought it up! what were you thinking??? I'd like to know.
man lijke kracht. Man licks crack. How the hell should i know! my mind was in the gutter for just a couple of seconds. this hardly ever happens mind you. btw you brought it up! what were you thinking??? I'd like to know.
Khris says I can't post what I wanted here ......
Too bitchy
Strange people around here ;) What the hell are you talking about??
Wow has this thread ever gone off on a totally different direction. "What does your name mean?" ..... is referring to your birth name.
Some ppl are ashamed to post their real name on this thread, Maybe their parents were Drunk when they named them. :gmlh:
Plug your first and last name in, and the Generator will give you your Prison Bit(h Name.
http://www.drunkcyclist.com/prison_name_generator.htm
Just thought more ppl will visit it here. :nana:
this is another thing i found in Hedi's thread, it is interesting and funny.
type in your name and you will get a WU name. Enjoy.
http://www.blazonry.com/scripting/wuname.php.
MARA*10*DONA
14-07-2005, 09:16
My real name is Rakan which is (in arabic) another name for Satan or Devil
My real name is Rakan which is (in arabic) another name for Satan or Devil
Rakin in arabic means Respectful. Shaytan, Iblis, Jinn refer to satan or devil(s). where did you get "satan" from? and why would your parents name you satan? lol
http://gangstaname.com/index.php
My real name is Rakan which is (in arabic) another name for Satan or Devil
no its not... rakan means dependable in arabic
no its not... rakan means dependable in arabic
thanks for the correction. i was wondering what exactly it meant. but it's definitely not Satan LOL. :delol:
MARA*10*DONA
15-07-2005, 13:52
thanks for the correction. i was wondering what exactly it meant. but it's definitely not Satan LOL. :delol:
dependable!!!....where did you get this meaning?!!!
first of all the one who knows the name better is the holder of the name my friend who searched alot for the meaning!...and that would be me
it's a name of Satan ...I am not happy with the meaning but that what it is....
finally the one who should say thanks for the correction (if there is any) is me.
so for the one who said dependable, where did you get this?
MARA*10*DONA
15-07-2005, 13:57
no its not... rakan means dependable in arabic
and by the way...I am arabian so you better leave a room for a slite chance that I could be right ,better not use (no its not) next time :)
and by the way...I am arabian so you better leave a room for a slite chance that I could be right ,better not use (no its not) next time :)
ehm so am i ... rakan comes from the word yarkan ... when u tell a friend 'ana barkan 3aleik' it means i depend on you.
Roger Nolli
18-07-2005, 12:42
My name mean "The men who have the bigger sword" lol!
Gio-mania
18-07-2005, 13:56
Giorgio is my name..
originally from georgeos;greek. btw- its the eqiuvalent to george.
it means user of the land, personb of earth- and even philosopher of earth.
Gio(rgio)-mania........... guess its understandable,
princessa
19-07-2005, 06:21
My name mean "The men who have the bigger sword" lol!
uhlala ahaha
Kaka`[22]
19-07-2005, 08:57
My name means "Thunderous Prophet " meaning?
MARA*10*DONA
19-07-2005, 13:14
ehm so am i ... rakan comes from the word yarkan ... when u tell a friend 'ana barkan 3aleik' it means i depend on you.
Rakan as a word is a name of the devil ....I was named after the prince of Ajman "Rakan bin Hethleen" . If you look for the name up in the arabic language you will find it. the word barkan comes from slang arabic languages that is defferant from country to another unlike the word Rakan it is in original arabic.
i lived in the middle east most of my life. it has nothing to do with satan lol. but you can believe what you want :)
I also asked someone who has a degree in arabic language (and he studied in the middle east) what it means. he said NO WAY it means satan. he said "the root word of that word is rukn which means which means pillar or part of" . he said you were wrong, but it could mean that in persian.
MARA*10*DONA
20-07-2005, 03:46
i lived in the middle east most of my life. it has nothing to do with satan lol. but you can believe what you want :).
First of all I am not intrested in even responding to you as it clearly shows that you are not respectful. when you talk to me or anyone else you MUST have some respect.
but..
Last word to you...you may have lived in ME but I am ARABIAN and lived my whole life in SAUDI ARABIA the heart of ARAB and Islamic world so YOU DO believe what you want...and if you asked RESPECTFULY, I may give you some lessons in ARABIC LANGUAGE :)...PERIOD.
MARA*10*DONA
20-07-2005, 05:41
i lived in the middle east most of my life. it has nothing to do with satan lol. but you can believe what you want :).
i lived in the middle east most of my life. it has nothing to do with satan lol. but you can believe what you want :).
First of all I am not intrested in even responding to you as it clearly shows that you are not respectful. when you talk to me or anyone else you MUST have some respect.
but..
Last word to you...you may have lived in ME but I am ARABIAN and lived my whole life in SAUDI ARABIA the heart of ARAB and Islamic world so YOU DO believe what you want...and if you asked RESPECTFULY, I may give you some lessons in ARABIC LANGUAGE :)...PERIOD.
tsk tsk double posting ... lol
you forgot this quote
"I also asked someone who has a degree in arabic language (and he studied in the middle east) what it means. he said NO WAY it means satan. he said "the root word of that word is rukn which means which means pillar or part of" . he said you were wrong, but it could mean that in persian."
:)
hey guys stop asking your friends, My Di(k is bigger. :delol:
Rakan as a word is a name of the devil ....I was named after the prince of Ajman "Rakan bin Hethleen" . If you look for the name up in the arabic language you will find it. the word barkan comes from slang arabic languages that is defferant from country to another unlike the word Rakan it is in original arabic.
look man whatever makes you happy...
but for the record... what makes u think saudi arabia is the heart of islam and the arab world mainly??? its pretty disrespectful to say that when u got other arabs and muslims on the forum and especially when its not right
[QUOTE=mk18what makes u think saudi arabia is the heart of islam and the arab world mainly??? [/QUOTE]
I guess he must be saying because Mecca is there. :v46:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.