View Full Version : For Italian Speakers
totti_jonaid
26-04-2005, 02:38
Hello everyone,
Can anyone of you who understand Italian help me explain the meaning of the word FORZA. Also can you just tell me what is the theme of the song "DECI CENTO MILLE''. I love that song cause I heard it in Fifa 2005 but do not now the meaning of it. I do not want a word to word translation but just a few lines or so.
Forza IMO is some kind of a variation of phrase go ahead or go. But I guess it is not translatable :tong:
Forza Milan
ginoformaggino
07-05-2005, 12:54
Forza IMO is some kind of a variation of phrase go ahead or go. :tong:
Forza Milan
exactly.
It is a kind of exhortation, an encouragement.
it's like "come on" in english
or "vamos" in spanish.
I`d agree with translations given and i`d add that Forza can sometimes as well mean VIVA or so and as an exclamatory impersonal sentence `FORZA!` means `come on` as suggested above.
However,the exact translation of the word is STRENGTH,POWER,FORCE and in italian language a lot of expressions have been made exactly thanks to this word.
As for the song, DIECI CENTO MILLE (the one by Prezioso or Dj Brothers?) those are numbers TEN HUNDRED THOUSAND respectively.Note that word millE is singular form even though it ends in E and means thousand, whereas word millA is used in plural when we can speak about due/tre millA.
If you need anything else ask away.:)
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.