View Full Version : Is Carlo Still In Next Season....
Ancelotti eyes Roma future Monday 9 May, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss Carlo Ancelotti has opened the door for a Roma move just hours after Milan’s loss to Juventus.
The tactician has been linked with the Giallorossi post given his past as a player in the Italian capital.
And although a switch looks unlikely in the near future, he’s failed to rule out a return to the Stadio Olimpico.
"My relationship with Milan is very strong right now," he told Radio Anch'io Sport on Monday morning.
"I was happy at Roma and I would one day like to sit on the Giallorossi bench in the future."
However, Ancelotti is also pondering the events at the San Siro on Sunday, when Juventus beat his side 1-0 to take a three-point lead in the title race with just three games left.
"Did Juve deserve to win? I don’t think so," he insisted. "Juventus went into the game with a clear mind while we didn’t.
"But I couldn’t have asked anything more from my players who gave their all against a very determined Juventus.
"We saw the two best Italian clubs face each other but there was only one winner. A draw would have been fairer when you take into account our second half."
Milan were also unlucky to have not been awarded a penalty for Gianluca Zambrotta’s shirt pull on Marcos Cafu.
"I have great faith in referee Pierlugi Collina," added Ancelotti. "He didn’t give it because he either didn’t see it or felt it wasn’t a penalty."
The tactician also insisted that he believed The Double was still on despite Juventus now being clear favourites in the peninsula.
"We won’t give up," he noted. "The two games before the Champions’ League Final will be needed to keep up our focus and in the hope that Juve slip up.
"We’ll just look to win all three games without making calculations. We have played 10 times in 30 days but we are not tired – you saw that in our second half display yesterday."
------------------------------------------------------
I dont want this to sound like some big and shocking news but its really possible becouse Berlusconi confirmed that if Liverpool wins in the final , Milan will have new coach next season. Anyway, it seems like berlusconi never liked carlo's coaching stile and if we loose i think carlo in out of here.
So I've found out this.....
------------------------------------------------------
Le Guen Quits Lyon
5/9/2005 7:03:00 PM
The coach left the French champions a day after the club won its fourth consecutive league title.
Paul Le Guen has announced that he will not renew his current contract with the club which expires on the 30th of June 2005.
Lyon are expected to replace the departing Le Guen with Raynald Denoueix, Lazlo Boloni or Claude Puel.
------------------------------------------------------
What do you think?? Im not saying that carlo got sacked but, if we loose him , could Le Guen be a real solution....he prooved himself, and could bring some fresh players along side him ( diarra, essien...).
Sooo......?? :googly:
when did berlusconi say that?
He's not even president of the club anymore, wasn't he forced to stand down? He needs to shut his stupid plastic mouth. Hasn't he learned anything, comments like that where exactly why Capello left.
Plus Carlo has never had money to spend like coaches before him, Nesta is the only big signing he's had. Inzaghi and Rui Costa the last two proper huge ones where Terim's.
Maradona (10)
09-05-2005, 19:49
Is Le Guen our next Fatih Terim?
:d33:
It's hard to argue against Ancelotti..since he's been here he's deliverd all around. His first year he won the Champions League, Last year he won the scudetto and made the CL quarters, and this year again he's in the finals of CL and still fighting for the scudetto. To me that is real impressive..and plus he looks to have managed all the players really..not many really hate him or wanna leave.
Plus Carlo has never had money to spend like coaches before him, Nesta is the only big signing he's had. Inzaghi and Rui Costa the last two proper huge ones where Terim's.
Kaka, Stam, Rivaldo and Cafu. Also Crespo which was his own wish.
That Carlo will leave us after this season is rubbish IMO.
sehnsucht79
10-05-2005, 02:03
I dont know. Milan's still in the running for Scudetto and CL. Pretty great for Milan if you ask me. And Berlu wants to sack him ? Change of style maybe ? But it would be a difficult thing to find a replacement IMO
There is no way Carlo will be leaving Milan. He has started a new golden era, so why leave in the middle of it. Not going to happen if you ask me...!
i for one would be disappointed and shocked if he was to leave
Kaka, Stam, Rivaldo and Cafu. Also Crespo which was his own wish.
That Carlo will leave us after this season is rubbish IMO.
combined value of about 12m tops. Kaka was about 5.5, Stam was 6.5 and the rest where frees, especially Crespo who dosn't even cost wages. Ancelotti has had less than half to spend in 4 seasons what Terim got to spend in about 9 games.
Grenoli_Trio
10-05-2005, 04:41
Great news. Le Guen seems to be a great coach. I really do not like the way team plays. The worst player of our 1980s-1990s golden era is now our coach. Do i believe in his abilities? No, absolutely not. I just dream of a Milan which everyone talks about. At the moment, i am so sad that people just talk about Chelsea and Barcelona even they are not in the finals. We have to satisfy people with our football, too. Are we worse than Chelsea or Barca? Definitely not, our squad is much better than them. So whats the problem? I like this topic.
ACMILAN1983
10-05-2005, 05:27
I believe Carlo will stay until his contract ends and after that I would be looking at people like Tassotti, Baresi, MVB, Rijkaard or Donadoni as the next Milan manager (notice the trend there ;) )
Basically I do not want Carletto to quit Milan, though he has to make up him mind with that 1 - 0 [defencive] strategy, cuz it makes me crazie. Many people do think the same way. I am not the first.
combined value of about 12m tops. Kaka was about 5.5, Stam was 6.5 and the rest where frees, especially Crespo who dosn't even cost wages. Ancelotti has had less than half to spend in 4 seasons what Terim got to spend in about 9 games.
I guess you talk pounds then, because Kaka and Stam was both 10M€. Get this right first, Terim and Ancelotti spend NOTHING and only have a advisable role in transfers at best. Galliani and Braida take care of transfers. But lets not stay there, we shall not forget that Ancelotti taking over the club coincided with the transfer market crashing. Now that we have been smart in the transfer market is no excuse for Ancelotti. We should judge players by their quality, not by what they costed. and Ancelotti can't complain about the players he got, simple as.
Basically I do not want Carletto to quit Milan, though he has to make up him mind with that 1 - 0 [defencive] strategy, cuz it makes me crazie. Many people do think the same way. I am not the first.
No problem, you probably was crazy before if you think we have some "defensive 1-0 tactic". only game I can come up with that we played liked that was away against Cagliari.
No problem, you probably was crazy before if you think we have some "defensive 1-0 tactic". only game I can come up with that we played liked that was away against Cagliari.:rollani: :eekani: and what about last psv match. What about Brescia game and those all games we drawed and lost in Serie A this year. And in some matches we won also ;)
Galliani blinda Ancelotti
10 05 2005
Quasi sfumato lo scudetto dopo il ko contro la Juve, l’obiettivo numero uno in casa milanista è quello di mantenere l’ambiente tranquillo in vista della finale di Istanbul. Così Galliani blinda il tecnico emiliano: “E’ il futuro del Milan”.
Nulla di strano per un allenatore che si è costruito un credito non indifferente vincendo Champions League e scudetto in due anni, ma un atto quasi dovuto nel momento più delicato della stagione in cui, per diversi motivi, anche Ancelotti è stato messo sul banco degli imputati.
C’è chi gli addebita scelte sbagliate sia nel modulo che negli uomini per il big match contro i bianconeri, a partire dalla rinuncia all’elemento più in forma del momento (Ambrosini), passando per la scelta di puntare su uomini in evidente crisi atletica (Pirlo e Seedorf su tutti), per finire con il modulo a due punte nonostante un centrocampo in sofferenza sul piano dell’interdizione.
E non è mancata qualche critica dall’alto, allorchè al termine di Milan-Juve il presidente Berlusconi, in partenza per Mosca, ha parlato di “Milan stanco” e soprattutto di “eccesso di prudenza di Carletto, che ha un passato da difensore” (in realtà Ancelotti ha un passato da centrocampista, con non pochi gol in carriera, n.d.r.).
Ecco perchè la prima necessaria mossa di Galliani è quella di chiudere in una botte di ferro il tecnico di Reggiolo, che a detta del plenipotenziario rossonero e presidente di Lega allenerà a Milanello anche nella prossima stagione, indipendentemente dall’esito della finalissima contro il Liverpool.
“Andiamo avanti compatti, sereni e uniti – ha detto Galliani – ben consapevoli di essere stati protagonisti di un’altra straordinaria stagione, al di là di quello che sarà l’esito finale. Non avrei barattato i 3 punti di domenica con la finale di Champions, che resta sempre il nostro primo obiettivo. In Europa nessuno ha fatto meglio di noi, come testimonia il ranking Uefa che ci vede primi. Per questo dico che Ancelotti è il presente e anche il futuro del Milan”.
Il tecnico intanto, dopo aver confessato ad alcune testate romane di “voler allenare un giorno la Roma, ma non ora”, pensa al modo migliore per far combaciare gli interessi rossoneri sul doppio fronte campionato-coppa.
A parole Ancelotti non molla lo scudetto (“Può sempre succedere di tutto, noi dobbiamo farci trovare pronti”), ma in sostanza è più che probabile che il finale di stagione venga tarato sulla fatidica data del 25 maggio. Spazio quindi alle seconde linee nelle ultime tre di campionato, con Inzaghi in campo a “fare la gamba” visto che si allena col gruppo solo da poche settimane, e lavoro specifico in vista della finale per chi è apparso maggiormente appannato nelle ultime partite.
http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200519/cmc_81937.html
can anyone translate the text? just the basic meaning
savicevic
10-05-2005, 06:53
Le Guen Quits Lyon
5/9/2005 7:03:00 PM
The coach left the French champions a day after the club won its fourth consecutive league title.
Paul Le Guen has announced that he will not renew his current contract with the club which expires on the 30th of June 2005.
Lyon are expected to replace the departing Le Guen with Raynald Denoueix, Lazlo Boloni or Claude Puel.
Le Guen is said to be very close to signing a contract with PSG. almost 99% certainty in this news.
I guess you talk pounds then, because Kaka and Stam was both 10M€. Get this right first, Terim and Ancelotti spend NOTHING and only have a advisable role in transfers at best. Galliani and Braida take care of transfers. But lets not stay there, we shall not forget that Ancelotti taking over the club coincided with the transfer market crashing. Now that we have been smart in the transfer market is no excuse for Ancelotti. We should judge players by their quality, not by what they costed. and Ancelotti can't complain about the players he got, simple as.
I don't think Ancelotti needs to make many excuses, he took Pirlo and used him in a different way to remould the midfield and cemented Kaladze as a left back winning the CL and the league. I think though, and this is slightly rich as we are milan and are loaded with class players, but he has worked above his level. Rijkaard, Mourinho and Capello all got to request certain players and got them brought in. I don't think we have the depth of those teams. I hope he gets it this summer, we have been smart with our frees and loans but you can't build a team on them and complain when they not only don't dominate europe and play with style. That's really what people are asking for here 3-0 beautiful wins over Madrid, Juve, Man U and Chelsea and ritual gubbings for all the small teams.
Le Guen is said to be very close to signing a contract with PSG. almost 99% certainty in this news.
strange. i read the he wants to take a sabbatical year. it's also reported wenger wants him to get his assistent next year at arsenal.
Well, I started this thred so I should say something too...
On ac milan officiall page Galliani says he likes courent managment of the club. As far as I'm concerned Carlo did ok job here in san siro, but as I always say, his tactics dont get 100% out of squad. Its not problem that we play defensively, actually we are not playing that defencively as paople say, but ut seems like milan dont have some practiced combinations from free kicks, from counter attacks as we usually dont do it right. If we loose he will leave , probably. So how ill be next? Maybe baresi, donadoni ( livorno recived 12 goals in last 2 matches ), maybe MVB , berlusconi likes boban and he said that there is always place on milans bench waiting for him ( I saw it on tv). Anyway, carlo has a tough job, coz we want only first place and that is not possible always, but still he looks like he is not a top-class coach ( capello,lippi,mourinho,trappatoni,wenger - dont like them all, just saying they are great ones..). As far as im concerned carlo can leave with head up high, but probably he will stay for another season and then its time for baresi.
the probably has the best record for a milan coach ever... u guys sound like real madrid, we had an excellent season so far, infact better than the previous ones under him, when we won the CL we got 3rd in the league, when we won the scudetto we were knocked out in the QF of the CL, this time we could get both trophies so stop the BS please. i hope we extend his contract i love the guy and its the same idiots that dont mention him next to capello, lippi, wenger, mourinho because he acheived much more than what they have in 2 and a half seasons and besides arent they the same idiots who mention henry, ronaldo, etoo as the greatest strikers present but always seem to forget about sheva when hes 10 times as good as any of those???
can anyone translate the text? just the basic meaning
The most relevant parts:
E non è mancata qualche critica dall’alto, allorchè al termine di Milan-Juve il presidente Berlusconi, in partenza per Mosca, ha parlato di “Milan stanco” e di “eccesso di prudenza di Carletto, che ha un passato da difensore” (in realtà Ancelotti ha un passato da centrocampista, con non pochi gol in carriera, n.d.r.).
There’s been some criticism from the top, Berlusconi has talked about a “tired Milan” and about “the excessive wariness of Carletto, who has a past as a defender” (in reality Ancelotti used to be a midfielder with quite a few goals in his career).
Ecco perchè la prima necessaria mossa di Galliani è quella di chiudere in una botte di ferro il tecnico di Reggiolo, che a detta del plenipotenziario rossonero e presidente di Lega allenerà a Milanello anche nella prossima stagione, indipendentemente dall’esito della finalissima contro il Liverpool.
Subsequently Galliani has made the necessary statements, saying that: “Carlo will be at Milanello also next season, independently of the outcome of the big final".
“Andiamo avanti compatti, sereni e uniti – ha detto Galliani – ben consapevoli di essere stati protagonisti di un’altra straordinaria stagione, al di là di quello che sarà l’esito finale. Non avrei barattato i 3 punti di domenica con la finale di Champions, che resta sempre il nostro primo obiettivo. In Europa nessuno ha fatto meglio di noi, come testimonia il ranking Uefa che ci vede primi. Per questo dico che Ancelotti è il presente e anche il futuro del Milan”.
“We are serene and combined as we go forward” – says Galliani – well aware of having been protagonists in yet another extraordinary season. “I wouldn’t swap those 3 points on Sunday with the CL final, which always remains our first priority. In Europe no team has done better than us, as testified by Uefa’s rankings where we are in front. Because of that I say that Ancelotti is the present and also the future of Milan”.
I do not want him to leave at all and he won't anyhow but this is a good place to say this maybe...He should realize that he needs more rotation, playing guys like Simic in (a few) coppa matches is not good enough, btw Simic is just an example so if he is not good enough is not the point.
Players can't play this much and we'll suffer more if the current squad remains together and gets one year older.
At this point Carlo serves at the pleasure of the Club and it's executives. It's still a business and he can leave whenever he chooses. Likewise the club has every right to dismiss him at any time.
the probably has the best record for a milan coach ever... u guys sound like real madrid, we had an excellent season so far, infact better than the previous ones under him, when we won the CL we got 3rd in the league, when we won the scudetto we were knocked out in the QF of the CL, this time we could get both trophies so stop the BS please. i hope we extend his contract i love the guy and its the same idiots that dont mention him next to capello, lippi, wenger, mourinho because he acheived much more than what they have in 2 and a half seasons and besides arent they the same idiots who mention henry, ronaldo, etoo as the greatest strikers present but always seem to forget about sheva when hes 10 times as good as any of those???
YES! only mourinho has a better recent record than him and it's possible he won't after the CL final. I just don't get this thread, Carlo has improved results every year, why the hell does anyone want him out? If he left us and went to Roma I guarantee Roma would be back in the title race and he would get the rep as one of the worlds best coaches and we'd be wondering what we did.
Ancelotti made a vague comment that one of these days he might like to coach Roma, but not now. Berlusconi again joked about firing him if he played with only one striker again. That doesn't mean Ancelotti will be fired.
Yes, he prefers a certain style and he trusts some players more than others. Yes, he makes mistakes, like everybody else, from management (remember Rivaldo's arrival?) to the players. Unlike a lot of managers, he actually seems to learn from his mistakes.
Win or lose the CL or the scudetto, I want Ancelotti as Milan's coach.
Ancelotti is a good manager, but not a great one. He doesn't seem to be a great tactician, nor does he seem to be a great motivator (Deportivo, PSV etc.). Unless we have a truly great manager lined up to replace him, I'd rather keep him than experiment with other former players from our "golden era." I must admit that if I had to replace him today, I'd hire Del Neri. That guys gets something out of nothing.
That guys gets something out of nothing.
But we need someone who gets more than something out of already a-lot-of things.
But we need someone who gets more than something out of already a-lot-of things.
Agreed, but if someone can get something out of nothing, then it logically follows that they could get the most out of something. If we beat Liverpool, then Ancelotti isn't going anywhere. If we lose to Liverpool, I still lean toward saying that he isn't going anywhere, but who knows.
You don't find a better tactician than Carletto these days, imo.
Agreed, but if someone can get something out of nothing, then it logically follows that they could get the most out of something. If we beat Liverpool, then Ancelotti isn't going anywhere. If we lose to Liverpool, I still lean toward saying that he isn't going anywhere, but who knows.
NO. no one wants him to go really. He is world-class.
I must admit that if I had to replace him today, I'd hire Del Neri. That guys gets something out of nothing.
He didn't get anything out of Roma, and they have loads of great players. One of Ancelotti's strongest points is his man-management. At this level, it's as important as tactics.
He didn't get anything out of Roma, and they have loads of great players. One of Ancelotti's strongest points is his man-management. At this level, it's as important as tactics.
True, but he was only at Roma for a handful of games. It isn't fair to judge him on that short stint, we all know that Roma's management isn't quite up to par (or they would have kept Capello to begin with). I'm not advocating getting rid of Carlo. Personally, I quite like him, his ability to manage the players and the fact that he is part of the family, so to speak. I question his motivation skills and his tactics at times, but in fairness, he does seem to learn from his mistakes, which is a big positive.
zlatanov
10-05-2005, 19:46
Del Neri is one of those coaches who are made to lead small teams for whom anything above 7-8th spot is a day of glory. He doesn't seem to have the personality and the winning character to coach a team of Milan's calibre because here he will have much more responsibilities, and his mistakes will count for much much more, than at Chievo or the likes. The same, I am absolutely sure, goes for coaches like Novelino and Spalletti who have done so much with Samp and Udinese but I am sure will not be able to handle a job in Milano, well at least on our side of town.
There are two coaches out there who could keep up with Carlo's legacy at Milan - Mourinho and Hidink, and one coach who is still in the making for the big leagues - Paul Le Guen, who btw is leaving Lyon at the end of the season. Ottmar Hitzfeld is also another name that springs to mind - he, and those above, are among the few coaches who have shown that they can handle the pressure of the big moments and still make their teams play some quite entertaining football.
We don't need any other Tabarez-like experiments here at Milan.
zlatanov
10-05-2005, 19:51
Ancelotti is a good manager, but not a great one. He doesn't seem to be a great tactician, nor does he seem to be a great motivator (Deportivo, PSV etc.). Unless we have a truly great manager lined up to replace him, I'd rather keep him than experiment with other former players from our "golden era." I must admit that if I had to replace him today, I'd hire Del Neri. That guys gets something out of nothing.
WOW, giving a couple of bad games as an example vs 3 years of success makes for a truely compelling argument. Give us a break with these Del Neri push-ups - he is not even close to coaches like Carlo let alone better than him. It is Del Neri who would be an experiment and not someone like Tassoti for example.
I don't think so Mr Adriano Galliani siad "I’m proud of this Coach and this squad," and Added "We will continue going forward with serenity, compactness and unity: Silvio Berlusconi, Galliani and Ancelotti."
so I think Carlo will stay , and in fact he is doing very well with milan .
triniman
10-05-2005, 22:24
Is this thread for real......
you see this is exactly the reason i do not like to read posts here after we lose a game....it always involves these words or a combination of there words " Sack , transfer , buy, sell ".....and now we want talk about the next coach .....Blood Fire man!!!!!!!....
name 2 coaches who have won more or accomplished more in three seasons than carlo.....only jose Mourhino probably ....but carlo losses a game we all behave like kinds and want to replace him......
in all honesty i think some of you in here better grow up and learn to live with disappointments alot better....
we all hurt over this loss and it does sting....but if u have followed this team for any length of time u will know that joy comes hand in hand with despair.....if u don;t know what that means....then go read the team history abit better..
i'm out!
tiriniman, for my part in this thread I just pointed out what I think is his only weakness, ok its NOT even a weakness but something that I really think he should do more often and get the bench players that he is comfortable using more often.
WOW, giving a couple of bad games as an example vs 3 years of success makes for a truely compelling argument. Give us a break with these Del Neri push-ups - he is not even close to coaches like Carlo let alone better than him. It is Del Neri who would be an experiment and not someone like Tassoti for example.
You should read my entire posts before passing judgement. I said, "if I had to replace him today", I didn't say that I wanted to replace him or that I would replace him. I also said that I'm not advocating replacing him. Am I not allowed to give my opinion and say that I think he is a good, but not great manager? That's how I feel and I certainly won't apologize for my feelings.
Is this thread for real......
you see this is exactly the reason i do not like to read posts here after we lose a game....it always involves these words or a combination of there words " Sack , transfer , buy, sell ".....and now we want talk about the next coach .....Blood Fire man!!!!!!!....
name 2 coaches who have won more or accomplished more in three seasons than carlo.....only jose Mourhino probably ....but carlo losses a game we all behave like kinds and want to replace him......
in all honesty i think some of you in here better grow up and learn to live with disappointments alot better....
we all hurt over this loss and it does sting....but if u have followed this team for any length of time u will know that joy comes hand in hand with despair.....if u don;t know what that means....then go read the team history abit better..
i'm out!
The purpose of a forum is to discuss. Why the negative and hostile tone? If any of your comments were directed to me, feel free to read my response to "Zlatanov." Yes, I'm disappointed by the losses, and no, I'm not advocating sacking Ancelotti or replacing half our team, but I'm entitled to say what I think about Ancelotti, am I not? Remember, we are here with a common love and interest, right? :cheers:
zlatanov
11-05-2005, 05:27
You should read my entire posts before passing judgement. I said, "if I had to replace him today", I didn't say that I wanted to replace him or that I would replace him. I also said that I'm not advocating replacing him. Am I not allowed to give my opinion and say that I think he is a good, but not great manager? That's how I feel and I certainly won't apologize for my feelings.
giving an opinion and just saying something that's plain stupid often have a lot in common - there are opinions and things that are just plain wrong. And stop using these poor I-know-my-rights excuses for defending superfluous statements like yours, it is getting "colorless".
I wonder when will people think of some other excuse for their pointless comments and "opinions". :rollani:
triniman
11-05-2005, 05:57
my post was not to single anyone out in anyway.....it was a general post to all.......
yes this is a open forum where we discuss alot of issues , but there tends to be a repeated pattern in my opinion.....everytime we lose a big game talk like this comes up....EVERYTIME....you don't think just as some find it important to talking about sacking him or changing coaches there are others who get tired of hearing the same thing over and over....yes he makes mistakes at times and in some peoples eyes he may not be that great tactically....but why speak of sacking someone now....why not talk about it when we closed the 8 point gap during the course of the season...or at the end of last season when we won the title....or 2 seasons ago when we won the CL....why not then if all his flaws seem to big to overlook....we should have sacked him then right??
like i said i like the fact that we can all can view stuff differently...and like i also said i too notice some flaws with him.....but to the point where a question must be asked about whether we should sack him???.....that is going way overboard.....
everytime we lose a game...everytime....something like this comes up.....from now on i'm going to start scheduling my visits or postings here....becuase if after all the heartache we suffered in those dark ages when we seemed to stuck in mid table......if after all that time of fustration and chaos....after all that time of being laughed at, we can now turn around during our best period and question the ability of one of the people who helped bring us here, all becuase we lost 1 big game.....than we have learnt nothing from our past at all and are no better than our city cousins
nicostallion
11-05-2005, 06:05
i would like to say he wont be leaving, but you remember capello, who would have thought he would leave us, anything can happen in football, but i hope carlo stays with us
You don't find a better tactician than Carletto these days, imo.
What makes you say that??? Its clear that carlo isnt one of the best tacticians around, and for those who say carlo has the best record , and that say that im an IDIOT, lets just look at our squad.....
We have the best team in europe, best defence, creative midfielders and sheva and pippo. Carlo wants to sign crespo from chelsea and he is 30 and not in the form of his life, then after 2 years we'll need new striker and cassano and gilla will be somewhere else. I agree with people that say carlo in not top class, be realistic, he is nice guy, there is great atmosphere in milan squad and he has done a good job, but you simply cant do a much , much worse job with our team!!!! :d33:
He did ok, but isnt the best around....
savicevic
11-05-2005, 07:14
mrki, galliani has the veto on signings. i'd go a step further and add that it is galliani who has the final decision, not ancelotti. ancelotti just gives the opinion. milan is not led by a board of directors, but by a small group of technical people, such as galliani abd braida.
so this crespo vs gila argument is not 100% valid, i think.
re criticising ancelotti, people are renowned to have a very short memory, especially after a defeat. we [milan fans in general] have been spoilt in the last 17 years of berlusconi dynasty, and we should be happy about this and not lament our hearts out after every flippin defeat, which by the way are very rare. what would you do if you were inter fans? come on, let's be realistic. we have a very good team which has dominated the scene in these last 9 months, so a negative turn of performance is more than expected. yes, you are right, it has come in a bad moment, but we should still be grateful. they have made us proud, let them be proud of us and let us show them our support in this difficult time. a bit of patience guys, we will get our reward in 15 days time.
and if we don't, it will still be an above-average season. could have been stellar, but you can't always get what you want, as mick jagger rightly sang.
everytime we lose a big game talk like this comes up....EVERYTIME....you don't think just as some find it important to talking about sacking him or changing coaches there are others who get tired of hearing the same thing over and over....
Look at the first post in this thread. Ancelotti made a remark about coaching Roma one of these days. Add to that Berlusconi's joke (I hope) about firing him if he doesn't play with two strikers, and that's why this thread was opened, not because we lost to Juve.
So now we know who to blame. :D
What makes you say that??? Its clear that carlo isnt one of the best tacticians around, and for those who say carlo has the best record , and that say that im an IDIOT, lets just look at our squad.....
We have the best team in europe, best defence, creative midfielders and sheva and pippo. Carlo wants to sign crespo from chelsea and he is 30 and not in the form of his life, then after 2 years we'll need new striker and cassano and gilla will be somewhere else. I agree with people that say carlo in not top class, be realistic, he is nice guy, there is great atmosphere in milan squad and he has done a good job, but you simply cant do a much , much worse job with our team!!!! :d33:
He did ok, but isnt the best around....
I've come to that conclusion after having followed every Milan game during the Carlo era minus 5-10/season. He has build this team from scratch, first season, he started out stabilizing a defence that was in ruins after Terim's short spell, made up of players like Chamot, Roque Junior, Helveg and Billy (who had been harshly criticized the preceding years but found his second youth during Carlo's stay), then slowly he has integrated Inter rejects like Pirlo, Seedorf and of course Gattuso into the team, players that may be celebrated as some of Europe's finest midfielders today, yet none of them were considered top 30 midfielders when Carlo arrived. Today those three make up the most effective midfield in Europe.
And as for the tactical aspect, well I can tell you that Carlo graduated his training course with absolute top marks (coincidentally btw. I know that his final task was to give an account of offensive movement/running patters in a 4-4-2 system), I've seen him change the course of a match to the better on countless occasions (most recently against Juve last Sunday), he has been praised from colleagues all over Europe (Italian manager of the season 2003/2004), his old mentor Sacchi has described him as one of the finest tacticians around. He has overcome challenges such as Hitzfeld's Bayern, Ferguson's United, Lippi's Juve, Capello's Roma, Mourinho's Porto, right there we're talking perhaps the 4-5 most winning coaches of the last few few decades.
In the light of the above I believe your criticism of Ancelotti is one-sided, to say the least.
P.S. as for Carlo being a "nice guy", I don't know him personally so I can't tell. As a player I do know that when he came to Milan in 1987 he was already a coach on the field, he was the kind of player Milan needed at the time, someone everyone would lean towards, a complete midfielder but above all a leader with great personality, for which reason I find it subjective at the best to hear people presume that he's a bad motivator (just by following this Milan side, whose greatest strength is the collective solidarity, week in week out should tell you otherwise).
giving an opinion and just saying something that's plain stupid often have a lot in common - there are opinions and things that are just plain wrong. And stop using these poor I-know-my-rights excuses for defending superfluous statements like yours, it is getting "colorless".
I wonder when will people think of some other excuse for their pointless comments and "opinions". :rollani:
Speaking of pointless comments, what was the point of yours? All you do is criticize. Why do you keep taking my words out of context? Can you not read an entire post? You were mistaken in suggesting that I was "pushing up Del Neri". Again, I will repeat since you don't seem to understand. I said "if I HAD TO" replace him. In other words, that is a hypothetical situation. What don't you understand about that and why is that "plain wrong?" Please spare me from your unintelligible criticism. :wth:
my post was not to single anyone out in anyway.....it was a general post to all.......
yes this is a open forum where we discuss alot of issues , but there tends to be a repeated pattern in my opinion.....everytime we lose a big game talk like this comes up....EVERYTIME....you don't think just as some find it important to talking about sacking him or changing coaches there are others who get tired of hearing the same thing over and over....yes he makes mistakes at times and in some peoples eyes he may not be that great tactically....but why speak of sacking someone now....why not talk about it when we closed the 8 point gap during the course of the season...or at the end of last season when we won the title....or 2 seasons ago when we won the CL....why not then if all his flaws seem to big to overlook....we should have sacked him then right??
like i said i like the fact that we can all can view stuff differently...and like i also said i too notice some flaws with him.....but to the point where a question must be asked about whether we should sack him???.....that is going way overboard.....
everytime we lose a game...everytime....something like this comes up.....from now on i'm going to start scheduling my visits or postings here....becuase if after all the heartache we suffered in those dark ages when we seemed to stuck in mid table......if after all that time of fustration and chaos....after all that time of being laughed at, we can now turn around during our best period and question the ability of one of the people who helped bring us here, all becuase we lost 1 big game.....than we have learnt nothing from our past at all and are no better than our city cousins
Understood. I agree with many of your points and was not advocating sacking him. You're right, the dark ages were not fun,and it's easy to forget them, even though they were fairly recent. Things could be much worse.
I've come to that conclusion after having followed every Milan game during the Carlo era minus 5-10/season. He has build this team from scratch, first season, he started out stabilizing a defence that was in ruins after Terim's short spell, made up of players like Chamot, Roque Junior, Helveg and Billy (who had been harshly criticized the preceding years but found his second youth during Carlo's stay), then slowly he has integrated Inter rejects like Pirlo, Seedorf and of course Gattuso into the team, players that may be celebrated as some of Europe's finest midfielders today, yet none of them were considered top 30 midfielders when Carlo arrived. Today those three make up the most effective midfield in Europe.
And as for the tactical aspect, well I can tell you that Carlo graduated his training course with absolute top marks (coincidentally btw. I know that his final task was to give an account of offensive movement/running patters in a 4-4-2 system), I've seen him change the course of a match to the better on countless occasions (most recently against Juve last Sunday), he has been praised from colleagues all over Europe (Italian manager of the season 2003/2004), his old mentor Sacchi has described him as one of the finest tacticians around. He has overcome challenges such as Hitzfeld's Bayern, Ferguson's United, Lippi's Juve, Capello's Roma, Mourinho's Porto, right there we're talking perhaps the 4-5 most winning coaches of the last few few decades.
In the light of the above I believe your criticism of Ancelotti is one-sided, to say the least.
P.S. as for Carlo being a "nice guy", I don't know him personally so I can't tell. As a player I do know that when he came to Milan in 1987 he was already a coach on the field, he was the kind of player Milan needed at the time, someone everyone would lean towards, a complete midfielder but above all a leader with great personality, for which reason I find it subjective at the best to hear people presume that he's a bad motivator (just by following this Milan side, whose greatest strength is the collective solidarity, week in week out should tell you otherwise).
I can see your point. It's easy to overlook some of the great victories of the last 2-3 years, and perhaps some of us arent' giving him his due, but in fairness, I'm not sure if I agree that he stabilized our defence. Nesta stabilized our defense, not Ancelotti. Take away Nesta, and you can forget the trophies we've won in the last couple of years.
albertini_forever
11-05-2005, 12:03
remember Tabarez ???
if we lost anceloti ... and didn't find a great manager/tactian ...
that will be happen ...
So keep Anceloti .. but we have to give him som argument :
1. Sign prospect players such as Gila, Kompany, or others golden boy (remember Kaka??)
2. Don't sign any Veteran player more !!!
3. Din't do devensive tactian ... if we had lead
i think that's all
I can see your point. It's easy to overlook some of the great victories of the last 2-3 years, and perhaps some of us arent' giving him his due, but in fairness, I'm not sure if I agree that he stabilized our defence. Nesta stabilized our defense, not Ancelotti. Take away Nesta, and you can forget the trophies we've won in the last couple of years.
While naturally it takes strong players to win anything, Carlo's first season where he did without Nesta we had like the 2nd or 3rd best defensive record in the league if you look at the numbers.
While naturally it takes strong players to win anything, Carlo's first season where he did without Nesta we had like the 2nd or 3rd best defensive record in the league if you look at the numbers.
Boy am I glad we got rid of Roque and Laursen and some of those scrubs...
(coincidentally btw. I know that his final task was to give an account of offensive movement/running patters in a 4-4-2 system),
Hey how do you know that he got like full marks? That's really impressive but I wonder you read it on newspaper or somethign? or is it well-known? Just curious.
J
Hey how do you know that he got like full marks? That's really impressive but I wonder you read it on newspaper or somethign? or is it well-known? Just curious.
J
I have an acquaintance who has read the script.
giving an opinion and just saying something that's plain stupid often have a lot in common - there are opinions and things that are just plain wrong. And stop using these poor I-know-my-rights excuses for defending superfluous statements like yours, it is getting "colorless".
I wonder when will people think of some other excuse for their pointless comments and "opinions". :rollani:
im no moderator or anything but if no one is gonna act about your attitude then i personally think you should watch your language especially when sfeq didnt say anything wrong :)
albertini_forever
12-05-2005, 10:01
whoever milans coach ...
i'm still milan big fans ...
"get headache after read this thread"
im no moderator or anything but if no one is gonna act about your attitude then i personally think you should watch your language especially when sfeq didnt say anything wrong :)
Thanks mk18. :cheers:
albertini_forever
12-05-2005, 11:12
gosh ...... keep carlo please .. for otther years ...
Thanks mk18. :cheers: no problem :). and sorry to mispell ur name
sehnsucht79
13-05-2005, 02:04
Okay IF, IF IF Carlo leaves (HIGHLY unlikely) why would you want Le Guen to replace him? Le Guen has done some fantastic things but come on, coaching Milan where Carlo left off ? Very difficult task
albertini_forever
13-05-2005, 06:16
@ my top
Agree with .. you .. remember Tabarez, Cappello II,
if Carlo leaved i think the subsitation Tassotti ...
Tassotti know what the player want and good in coaching
he made Milan Primavera won 199? ...
or maybe Maurinho
agree ... if carlo leaves i really couldnt imagine anyone else doing a better job
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And as for the tactical aspect, well I can tell you that Carlo graduated his training course with absolute top marks (coincidentally btw. I know that his final task was to give an account of offensive movement/running patters in a 4-4-2 system), I've seen him change the course of a match to the better on countless occasions (most recently against Juve last Sunday), he has been praised from colleagues all over Europe (Italian manager of the season 2003/2004), his old mentor Sacchi has described him as one of the finest tacticians around. He has overcome challenges such as Hitzfeld's Bayern, Ferguson's United, Lippi's Juve, Capello's Roma, Mourinho's Porto, right there we're talking perhaps the 4-5 most winning coaches of the last few few decades.
In the light of the above I believe your criticism of Ancelotti is one-sided, to say the least.
P.S. as for Carlo being a "nice guy", I don't know him personally so I can't tell. As a player I do know that when he came to Milan in 1987 he was already a coach on the field, he was the kind of player Milan needed at the time, someone everyone would lean towards, a complete midfielder but above all a leader with great personality, for which reason I find it subjective at the best to hear people presume that he's a bad motivator (just by following this Milan side, whose greatest strength is the collective solidarity, week in week out should tell you otherwise).
PLEASE READ IT ALL, OR NOT AT ALL......
Well, I dont want to argue with you , I just wanna say what do i think about carlo. Its not important how succesfully he graduated his training course or how nice he is . When I say " nice " I dont think he is polite or something but that he has made a good atmosphere in our team. As you said it can be seen by following this site and its great " team spirit ". Of course , my critics are my own, so you dont have to stand by me, and im still standing behind it. And its clear that carlo doesnt run the transfers in milan, so we should talk about galliani, not carlo when talking about carlo ancelotti's team transfers. And its clear that carlo insists in crespo for next season.I do understand that milan is runned by a small group of people who manage to run the club in a great way in last 10 years. But, milans main objective has to be a domination in serie a , andd he clearely dont have it. its cruel, but you must see players just like the numbers and run them best way for the club and your budget and future acchievments. So, unfortunately juve has dont much better job then us and im really sad about it :broken: . We clearely dont need players like brocchi , pancaro, esejas. But milan has some hart, unlike juve. That is why my hart belongs to rossoneri. As for carlo, i think you must at least take my oppinion seriousely and not take me for some foolish person who doesnt know s..it about running a team. Im certanly not that. Its true that every time when we loose people talk about some big changes, and its not good. Carlo will probably stay in san siro next year, its fine for me, as I always say he is ok, but I still claim he is not the best possible. I still have obligation to thank him for all trophies and joy he gave me as a milan manager. So lets take on Europe all together on may 25th and celebrate 7th euro title!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!
yeah but tell me... why didnt u mention the 18th scudetto??? ... if u dont believe in it then u milan wont win it!
and please... please... educate us... how are milan not dominating serieA??? ... if by trophy numbers then its not carlos fault, he cant win 10 scudettos in 1 season... be logical for god sake!!! ... and why is it wrong to have players like ejsas and brocchi??? so u prefer to have ronaldinho and ronaldo as our bench warmers??? its not like they get alot of playing time so why are u complaining??? and why do u forget to mention serginho, ambrosini, kaladze.. who are our real bench players? our bench isnt good enough is that what u mean?? ... oh maybe u should switch to another club who have extraordinary bench players like real madrid... i mean everyone would want a borja and a mejia coming on to steal the show right?
look... i wanna try and be polite, im only asking u to be logical... berlusconi doesnt $hit money... he cant afford to have the stars ur thinking of on the bench... if ur not satisfied with what weve won (under carlos rule) in the last 2 years then please go look for a team that has won more and go and support them
sorry for my attitude but im sick with the complaints of some of u people
albertini_forever
13-05-2005, 07:27
@ my Top
Amen ... Amen ...
Good Statement !!! Really, made me cry ... yes we all here because we love Milan so much ... and every individual has statement to make milan better ...
Let's make Istambul RossoNero !!!
PLEASE READ IT ALL, OR NOT AT ALL.......
:confused:
As for carlo, i think you must at least take my oppinion seriousely and not take me for some foolish person who doesnt know s..it about running a team.
We can only judge you from your posting, and to be honest in there there were some signs that that was the case.
Here is what Galliani had to say about these rumours:
MILAN - Adriano Galliani said: 'It is a foolish thing to speak about a possible quit of [Carlo] Ancelotti at the end of the season. Ancelotti won the Champions League and the title in the last two seasons and this year is still running in both competitions. What I read and your questions now make me think that the clubs who opt for a press silence do well. I would never do one because I'm a man of communication, but looking at the behaviour of the media, I'm getting convinced that this is a right choice...' About the coach that will guide the Rossoneri to Istanbul in two weeks, the Milan chief executive added: 'I accept and respect Ancelotti's decisions as he has done well in the last four years.'
albertini_forever
14-05-2005, 05:06
i mean at my top and top :D
sehnsucht79
14-05-2005, 06:52
Exactly. Carlo has won what he can win in his time with Milan so theres no reason for him to leave
The only reason possible of why he'd leave is if he and the BODs of Milan didnt see eye to eye, which is rather unlikely IMO, why would they upset Carlo when hes doing good in Milan ?
Loads of rubbish
Even if Carlo was to leave AC Milan, we do have a good number of potential succesors. The people I'm talking about are the same ones who were with him on the field during our moments of glory. Tassotti, Baresi, Donadoni these three I think will make excellent successors to this club.
but carlo have given our players a mentality that ive never seen anywhere else ... not many can do that
yeah but tell me... why didnt u mention the 18th scudetto??? ... if u dont believe in it then u milan wont win it!
and please... please... educate us... how are milan not dominating serieA??? ... if by trophy numbers then its not carlos fault, he cant win 10 scudettos in 1 season... be logical for god sake!!! ... and why is it wrong to have players like ejsas and brocchi??? and why do u forget to mention serginho, ambrosini, kaladze.. who are our real bench players? our bench isnt good enough is that what u mean?? ... oh maybe u should switch to another club who have extraordinary bench players like real madrid...
look... i wanna try and be polite, im only asking u to be logical... berlusconi doesnt $hit money... he cant afford to have the stars ur thinking of on the bench... if ur not satisfied with what weve won (under carlos rule) in the last 2 years then please go look for a team that has won more and go and support them
sorry for my attitude but im sick with the complaints of some of u people
Now i would like to tell you some really unpolite things about your sarcastic way of answering to my post but...never mind it.
So you think we ARE dominating serie a.... im not so sure about it,think twice.Of course carlo cant win 10 trophies in 1 year, i never blamed him for that. and as i've said before in some posts milan's managament is not doing its job as good as juve does, its sad but true. Esejas, brocchi....you like them in milan....your choice, esesaj is in milan coz seedorf wanted hiim in, they are very good friends and he asked galliani to sign him ( if you dont believe me, well...what can i do. )
Brocchi...we can surely use some young player to get some experience as a CM at some easier games, as our team doesnt get any younger. I DIDNT forget to mentin serginho, ambro or kaladze, they are really important players,it understandable. Our bench is ok, i never said that it isnt, DID I?????or that we need more star players, i just said we can surely sign one relatively big name every season. And if we wanna catch up with juve, we will have to. We dont need esejas ,brocchi....STOP.
No, im not satisfied with carlo, and AS I'VE SAID, I AM SATISFIED WITH OUR RESULTS IN LAST " YEARS, I SAID IN THE END OF MY TEXT!!! and who are you to tell me to go and support another club???? Really man...
sehnsucht79
14-05-2005, 19:33
These 'incompetent' players exist in every club ; look at Juventus's squad last year they had loads of players like that
I am sorry but my personal view on the matter is that Milan doesnt need to buy a big name every season. Milan is rich in their depth and thanks to their wise transfers they managed to at least make their financial status stable considering the problems other Italian clubs are facing
I agree, i dont meen we need a world star like ronaldo or figo every year. We need a real player for some places that have to be filled in. This year we need a CF. so, it can be gilardino. Maybe next year we can buy chivu as paolo is going away. Thats the way I was thinking...We need to bulid squad all the time and the latest "dark era " of milan happened becouse we werent doing it.
sorry man but recent signings show that milan have made the smartest transfers... 2 seasons ago after we won the CL we needed not to many signings but we had to get some improve... we got kaka on a cheap price and look what he did the following year, we got pancaro he was very useful and he was free and we needed a cover for kaladze, and we got cafu and hes done wonders and he solved our right wing problem... excellent transfers if u ask me
last summer we got crespo because we felt we were missing a strike partner for sheva and sadly they dont seem to cope well with each other theres nothing the management can do but wait for the following summer... yet crespo has scored important goals and hes a main reason why were where we are! ... we also got dhorasso who had some good games only to be injured, he also seemed to take away gttusos spot until his injury, and we got stam, everyone was complaining at the lack of a good CB replacement for nesta and maldini the year before and we blamed the exit to depor on this, while everyone **** their pants after maldini was suspended from the derby... the management got stam, wether hes doing well is up to u but the managment answered our complaints with an excellent signing
so, i guess ur wrong when u say juves management is better than ours, juve had a good last summer but paid alot for ibra and emerson, while they got lucky because of inters idiocy when they traded canna for juves on loan keeper! ... but look at juves signings the season before! ... wow legrotaglie .. total FLOP!!! appiah, mr.assists!!! and camoranesi who is only now looking like a pro!
u need to stop the complaining ... if milan dont sign gila and sign a striker from my country then u can complain... until u see what milan are gonna do then give us ur opinions but looking at rumours milan seems to gonna have another perfect transfer season!
ok. i agree about stam,kaka, and cafu. and kaladze.
we really have to wait untill the summer and then we can really talk about our managment. Juve had some brilliant moves made, moggi is un-moral bastard but he has some real connections in some clubs. So lets now fight any more about carlo's futuer. looks like he is staying for sure. You have your wiew, i have mine. We made some good moves, and some wrong, still juve has the advantage on the market with less money.
Nevermind it, lets just support milan to win CL and we can discuss transfer mistakes or good moves in the summer. as someone said in the forum " you cant always get what you want....but if you try sometimes..." m.jagger. FORZA GRANDE MILAN !!!
albertini_forever
15-05-2005, 10:37
forza milan ...
=can say anything, about this topic=
Grenoli_Trio
15-05-2005, 10:47
Carlo. He can win all the cups in the world by now, but i will not believe in anybody saying that he has such a great intelligence of football.
Tasotti is much better than him, that's for sure. Carlo's capacity is not good enough for our giants.
Gio-mania
15-05-2005, 11:06
ancelotti made our giants!!
he has made mistkes this year, but he's in the CL final 2times in 3yrs.................
he doesnt know as much about soccer as he is expeted to though
Grenoli_Trio
15-05-2005, 11:24
You know what? Carlo did not make any giants, they were giants already. We could win CL cup last year and scudetto this year. Do not tell me we won CL Cup in 2003 with Carlo's great intelligence. We were lucky.
Oh please, name a manager who won every thing he ever tried. Hes still the best man for the job and if we win the CL everyone will agree!! :rr30:
Grenoli_Trio
15-05-2005, 12:04
He can win CL Cup but that will make no sense for me. I mean my thoughts about him will not change. There are hundreds of people around me who thinks Milan did not deserve to be in the final. I do not know your age but i just liked the way Sacchi made team to play, i do not know u will agree with me.
He can win CL Cup but that will make no sense for me. I mean my thoughts about him will not change. There are hundreds of people around me who thinks Milan did not deserve to be in the final. I do not know your age but i just liked the way Sacchi made team to play, i do not know u will agree with me.
Nope, though I understand what you say.
1) The topic of 'deserveness' have been talked about many times here. Like we didn't deserve to lose against Juve, we didn't deserve to beat PSV either. But we did. And the reason is that we scored an away goal while PSV did not. I thought this is a pretty obvious fact.
In other words, it's Milan who made it in the end. So did Liverpool. And yes, it's rough on the PSV fans/players, but who ask Park and Lee didn't score in San Siro (i.e.: Who ask Inzaghi or Sheva didn't score against Juve?)
2) Sacchi's football is another generation. You must understand that the style of play has changed a lot. In fact, it has been evolving every year (now it seems that the trend is going to play defense)
We all like the way Sacchi put the team. Who didn't like it when Capello beat Barcelona 4-0 and won the domestic league? The thing is football, like us, like technology, changes all the time. Trap was a good coach, but he is no longer. We need to move on.
3) Finally, don't forget that it's the results that always count. IT's the score on the scoreboard that earns you 3 points. AT the end of the day, no one remember whether you dive or pull the opponent's shirt (YES FUC*er Zambrotta we'll never forget that). It's the ultimate standing that earns you the title and fame.
And don't tell me that Capello deserves a lot of respect these years. He couldn't do anything with Roma, while Juve is out for Champion League. He is not close to Lippi who almost made the double (when there were only 18 serie A teams). He IS a good coach, but in terms of acheving results, go ahead and compare who is better at getting trophy.
Final words: Why don't some people just drop their stereotype about Ancelotti and starts to appreciate the way he plays? I certainly think that Juventus will win the league, because they manage it (deserve or not it's not relevant). So congrat to those idiots on yet another successful campagin on shirt-pulling. At least they managed.
And one more thing. You mean you expect Sacchi to come back and build anotehr team like last time? Dream on. It's not going to happen because you don't know whether he can still do it and he'll never have the players again.
One difference between Ancelotti and Sacchi (and I thought this point is pretty obvious), is that Ancelotti got different players from Sacchi. I thought this could already explain a lot of difference.
Cheers
ACMILAN1983
15-05-2005, 13:04
Milan didn't deserve CL 2003 and were lucky?
I'm sorry but thats just BS
You know what? Carlo did not make any giants, they were giants already. We could win CL cup last year and scudetto this year. Do not tell me we won CL Cup in 2003 with Carlo's great intelligence. We were lucky.
Well, we must be lucky for three years while no other team has a better luck than Milan then.
WAKE UP! If Pirlo is not a giant in our team, who is? Did Sacchi make a giant in our team? Ancelotti created one. He put a small little kid in front of the defense and suddenly Milan was back on track.
And buddy, there were so many giants in Real Madrid. WHy the hell are they not winning any title again this year? You tell me. There were so many giants in Chelsea, and with a 'giant' coach, why the hell are they out of CL? Juventus had all the dirty giants, and a giant GK and a giant coach. Tell me why they are out of CL.
And if we could win everything in every year because eveyr team has some giants, then why giants from Milan achieve more than giants from other teams?
WAKE UP!
Gio-mania
15-05-2005, 13:10
Milan didn't deserve CL 2003 and were lucky?
I'm sorry but thats just BS
true...
milan was the best team in that competition
Grenoli_Trio
15-05-2005, 15:14
I did not like your aggressive expressions. I am not one of guys who come here to underestimate Milan side by hiding their favourite team. You must be a sucker for Ancelotti but i am not. That is it. Football has changed so much since Sacchi, that is right. But i did not mean a concrete formation but i meant the mentality. For instance, Chelsea achieves both defence and offence very well. If Barcelona did not have one of the worst defences in Europa, they would do much better surely.
=> problem no.1: To me, Ancelotti has big problems about motivating the team. We score and lead the match until second half. But we can't see any rational substituons by Carlo.
=> problem no.2: Contrary to the last year, team cannot manage different formations.
=> problem no.3: Carlo wanna be like Fabio? I dont know if he wants it that way but Milan really sucks with 9 men defence. We did it last year against Deportivo, this year against Barca and PSV. What are the results? I am sure any other formation would be much much much better than these results. But the person whose football mentality is something that i will never believe in, cannot see that.
We are Milan, we have a tradition to win big matches. In spite of Ancelotti, we keep on doing well. Thats smashing.
Well, to mention 2003 again. There was not any good team. It is interesting but there wasnt any. We were so bad, too. The match against Ajax was a great gift by Gods of Football and in the final, we were much better than Juventus. But that is not caused by Mr. Ancelotti's talents, that has been a truth. We always beat bianconeri side, if they do not profit referee's assistance.
zlatanov
15-05-2005, 17:15
Milan didn't deserve CL 2003 and were lucky?
I'm sorry but thats just BS
wrong, this is not just BS, it is BS squared. Where did this guy come from? I really wonder for how long he has been following Milan? Well, obviously it didn't start before the 2003 CL winning campaign. Not a single fan of soccer, in his right mind that is, can argue that Milan were lucky that year and didn't deserve to win the CL 2 years ago.
Could you please save us your opinion for it is truely only yours and I doubt there is someone out there sharing it, which makes it just another bare-naked bunch of pointless words. And please don't state the all so popular sorry-ass, last-hope exit of people who don't know what they are talking about - "I have the right of an opinion too"
FCS, take some time off, read the first couple of books in your life, watch some football in the meantime, and then come here to enlighten our dull lives with your insightful opinions.
It is becoming very suspicious that so many people, who have registered over the past couple of weeks, come here and start giving all this BS. Too many losers and gobies around here, I guess.
Grenoli_Trio
15-05-2005, 17:56
I really wonder for how long he has been following Milan? Well, obviously it didn't start before the 2003 CL winning campaign. Not a single fan of soccer, in his right mind that is, can argue that Milan were lucky that year and didn't deserve to win the CL 2 years ago.
Zlatanov, who do you think you are? You should become more polite. If not, i will be right over here for a counter attack.
I think it is so obvious for how long i have been following Milan. I registered last month but here is not the only place to follow AC Milan. You have to know that.
i have tp applaud jeff's last two posts... they simply took the words out of my mouth
but i wanna add another thing:
1) u cannot say we won a competition by luck... u can win game by luck but not a whole competition, oh and we won the coppa italia that same year maybe that was by luck aswell huh?
2) tell me, just how lucky can we be? ... we won like 7 matches this season in the dying minutes... maybe its not luck, everheard of the word determination, offcourse others play well but in football u dont play with ur feet, u mainly play with ur brain and thats why weve acheived these last years what others failed to do.
3) yes its true we played defensivly vs barca, vs psv, vs depor last year (actually we didnt play at all that match) ... but it all depends on the situation of the match, if we were down and we had to win u think carlo would play defensive, carlo is a smart man, i dont understand why some of u think hes not good with tactics, he may not introduce the players u want to introduce at some games but no one is perfect, look why attack vs barca when we had a 3 point lead in the group and almost guarenteed the qualification?? why attack psv when u can risk conceding easier goals and ur up by 2 on aggregate? also since playing defensivly is less tiring looking at our schedual!!! ... oh and u mention all of these negatives but u forget to mention how we controlled the match when we needed to, ambro scored after 20 mins of milan control and u gotta give carlo credit for that, and thats not called luck!
wrong, this is not just BS, it is BS squared. Where did this guy come from? I really wonder for how long he has been following Milan? Well, obviously it didn't start before the 2003 CL winning campaign. Not a single fan of soccer, in his right mind that is, can argue that Milan were lucky that year and didn't deserve to win the CL 2 years ago.
Could you please save us your opinion for it is truely only yours and I doubt there is someone out there sharing it, which makes it just another bare-naked bunch of pointless words. And please don't state the all so popular sorry-ass, last-hope exit of people who don't know what they are talking about - "I have the right of an opinion too"
FCS, take some time off, read the first couple of books in your life, watch some football in the meantime, and then come here to enlighten our dull lives with your insightful opinions.
It is becoming very suspicious that so many people, who have registered over the past couple of weeks, come here and start giving all this BS. Too many losers and gobies around here, I guess.
that was uncalled for and impolite... please appologize... were all against his opinion but we act maturelly
arpanmilan
15-05-2005, 23:10
wrong, this is not just BS, it is BS squared. Where did this guy come from? I really wonder for how long he has been following Milan? Well, obviously it didn't start before the 2003 CL winning campaign. Not a single fan of soccer, in his right mind that is, can argue that Milan were lucky that year and didn't deserve to win the CL 2 years ago.
Could you please save us your opinion for it is truely only yours and I doubt there is someone out there sharing it, which makes it just another bare-naked bunch of pointless words. And please don't state the all so popular sorry-ass, last-hope exit of people who don't know what they are talking about - "I have the right of an opinion too"
FCS, take some time off, read the first couple of books in your life, watch some football in the meantime, and then come here to enlighten our dull lives with your insightful opinions.
It is becoming very suspicious that so many people, who have registered over the past couple of weeks, come here and start giving all this BS. Too many losers and gobies around here, I guess.
hey u asshol* everything is FARE in LOVE & WAR & 90min on the pitch is hell war 4 us unlike dopers of juventus.
triniman
15-05-2005, 23:47
hey u asshol* everything is FARE in LOVE & WAR & 90min on the pitch is hell war 4 us unlike dopers of juventus.
first and last warning to everyone about the tone........you can disagree, but you know the rules......
to the older heads..come on....keep it clean. I should not have to tell any of you what we expect here....though i agree with what was said there are other ways about going about saying stuff to get your point across
and to the newer guys...you all probably do not know me so i will introduce myself...i'm triniman and although i love to debate i also love to ban people who tend to break the rules...so welcome to milanmania , say what you like but keep it clean....try not to offend anyone personally and you and i will get along fine.....ignore the rules and me and the other mods will all over you like a bad rash
:D
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 04:08
First of all, i wanna thank to MK18 for acting maturelly although he did misunderstand me too. What i said is so obvious, I do not trust in Ancelotti. In 2003, i think you will agree with me, there was not any teams playing good except our lovely football in some group matches. I do not think Carlo was one of the factors we won the trophy. I think we played the most beautiful football last year but we were defeated by Deportivo. Do not search for specific meanings at my expression: We were lucky in 2003 and we were unlucky last year. That is so normal. I will not explain the conception of luck here but what we call ''luck'' is something unusual.(Proust, Guermantes Way) When the score is 2-2 and it is 90th minute, scoring is unusual. And when you have an advantage of 4-1, losing 4-0 is unusual, especially considering we are Milan.
I really found Zlatanov's behavement impolite and childish. I really do not understand what he wanna have? A place to chat with people who registered before 2005? And triniman speaks like supporting him. So why do you close registration? If you doubt about the team i support, please take some minutes and read some of my posts. But please do not write here childish things before doing that.
sehnsucht79
16-05-2005, 05:09
First of all, i wanna thank to MK18 for acting maturelly although he did misunderstand me too. What i said is so obvious, I do not trust in Ancelotti. In 2003, i think you will agree with me, there was not any teams playing good except our lovely football in some group matches.
I would have to disagree. Lets not talk about the final and the semis as that wasnt exactly 'beautiful'; (although the 2nd leg of inter-milan was better). What about the QFs against Ajax? I thought Milan played bellissimo not only on the pitch but also with their hearts (Pippo Inzaghi's goal anyone?)
I dont comprehend how you do not include Ancelotti's contribution in all this; surely he is the master of Milan's play in 2003 and surely he was the one who initiated such a strong mentality for milan against Ajax. That in itself is a success for a good coach and his team
What do you mean there was not any teams playing good ? Barca was practically undefeated in the tournament, Juventus played bloody excellent against them and Real Madrid but humiliated themselves in the final. Ajax managed TWO in san siro! Both Milan & Juve deserved the final and Milan deserved the trophy. A grand season if you ask me
And damn, everyone uses Juve for a bad example :hangover:
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 05:32
As a result, it was a great year of course, no doubt. Will you please respect my mind which always compares glorius football in 1980s-1990s with that. I am not satisfied with it. The result is just great, that is for sure but i also want people to say ''Wow, Milan was just great''
I do not know people's age here but in 1990s people who are interested in football or not, used to love Milan so muchhh. On sport news, Milan's matches were released in the first queue, There were news about Milan in every country's newspapers, even my grandmother knew Milan very well.
And now??? Yes, we are good enough to collect trophies but we are not being talked like 1990s. I am satisfied with our football this year except Barcelona and PSV matches(see my post in Champions League part- The Monster Arises Again?) but these were the matches to satisfy all people around the world. You can be satisfied with trophies we collect, but in my opinion i also wanted to see our glorius football against these teams. Because according to people around me, Barcelona's carisma is better than any teams. When i remind them, they could not qualify to final, they say ''They were better than any teams but defence sucks'' And here, i wanna remind you that OUR SQUAD is the best one in the world NOW!!! We have the best goalkeeper, best defence, best offence. AND what did Carlo do against BARCA and PSV? made team play like Juve. Some says if we did play as usual, they could score much more. Come on man! Result would not have become worse than we did. Whenever we play like Juventus, we really suck, we are like the eagle in the cage.
I know what you mean Grenoli. I noticed big changes in the game today compared to the one Milan use to play back when we had Donadoni (my favorite) in the midfield. So much creativity so much scoring. My god our defenders were prolific goal scorers too. Perhaps this is the changes we see in football today, more fitness and less everything else. I miss the give and go and one two passes and numerous assists and spectacular goals scored in the 90's. Today all of it is goal-mouth poaching goals. I dont know??? Maybe the keepers are way better now than before where you had players with absolute "crackers" shooting bombs outside of the box.
Though I am willing to give Carlo the benefit of doubt, I know where Grenoli is coming from because some, not all, of the decisions Carlo has done just drives me nuts. He needs to hope he keeps producing titles otherwise my tolerance for some of his tactics will make me feel bitter.
arpanmilan
16-05-2005, 06:30
first and last warning to everyone about the tone........you can disagree, but you know the rules......
to the older heads..come on....keep it clean. I should not have to tell any of you what we expect here....though i agree with what was said there are other ways about going about saying stuff to get your point across
and to the newer guys...you all probably do not know me so i will introduce myself...i'm triniman and although i love to debate i also love to ban people who tend to break the rules...so welcome to milanmania , say what you like but keep it clean....try not to offend anyone personally and you and i will get along fine.....ignore the rules and me and the other mods will all over you like a bad rash
:D
iam really sorry 4 my words but the very rude comment witten by zlatanov got me all very heated up.
triniman
16-05-2005, 06:31
First of all, i wanna thank to MK18 for acting maturelly although he did misunderstand me too. What i said is so obvious, I do not trust in Ancelotti. In 2003, i think you will agree with me, there was not any teams playing good except our lovely football in some group matches. I do not think Carlo was one of the factors we won the trophy. I think we played the most beautiful football last year but we were defeated by Deportivo. Do not search for specific meanings at my expression: We were lucky in 2003 and we were unlucky last year. That is so normal. I will not explain the conception of luck here but what we call ''luck'' is something unusual.(Proust, Guermantes Way) When the score is 2-2 and it is 90th minute, scoring is unusual. And when you have an advantage of 4-1, losing 4-0 is unusual, especially considering we are Milan.
I really found Zlatanov's behavement impolite and childish. I really do not understand what he wanna have? A place to chat with people who registered before 2005? And triniman speaks like supporting him. So why do you close registration? If you doubt about the team i support, please take some minutes and read some of my posts. But please do not write here childish things before doing that.
I speak of supporting his view that milan were not lucky or that carlo is indeed a good tatician....nothing more.......no not misread what i said.....my warning was issued to all and in all honesty is this continues to escalate as it seems to be i will close this thread so none can participate....
I am not one of guys who come here to underestimate Milan side by hiding their favourite team. You must be a sucker for Ancelotti but i am not.
And this is the reply I give you, the one that you give us:
I did not like your aggressive expressions.
If I want people to respect me, I repesct people first. Since you didn't like my (or our) aggressive expression, then this can only be the answer I'm giving you. (And to clarify. This is my statement toward your post, not yourself, so that I'm not violating this 'respect my opinion' rule)
*******************************************************
None of us here is kissing Ancelotti's a$$. The fact is he got the results we wanted. Of course he could have achieved more, but who couldn't? Capello could have, Lippi could have, Ferguson could have, Real madrid's coach could have, Moriunho could have... but it's Anlocetti (and Benetiz) that brings their teams to the final.
It's THAT obvious. Can't you see? I would say Ferguson has been doing really badly all these years, because he is the one who exactly cannot motivate his players, and that's probably why they cannot win in Premier and CL. Simple.
PSV is greatly motivated, but without luck and inability to score away,... that cost them the place in final.
Finally, the team is not motivated enough to win Juve which had a 'giant' coach and are very motivated (and why not, especially they are the loser of Liverpool). after all, that's the ONLY thing they are left with this year. So Milan lost, they didn't manage and lose.
If there is one thing we can criticize Ancelotti, it's his extra-cautiousness. but whether it's good or not, it's hard to agree on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (thinka bout the 3-5-2 we played against Fiorentina and Juventus. The former we succeeded, the latter we failed). There is no winning strategy. It only happened in winning eleven. Whoever come next as a coach will have the same problem, because FOOTBALL is a game without a sure-win strategy (not like tic-tac-toe).
Last but not least, all my points are supported by actual games (evidence). I thought that's the way to make an argument. If you want to say Sheva for being selfish (hypothetical statement), come up wtih a bunch of evidences that he is indeed a selfish player.
I guess that's what at least Bayman is doing.
I speak of supporting his view that milan were not lucky or that carlo is indeed a good tatician....nothing more.......no not misread what i said.....my warning was issued to all and in all honesty is this continues to escalate as it seems to be i will close this thread so none can participate....
It's very simple. I (or we) undersatnd his arguments, but by merely saying, "Ancelotti didn't contribute to Milan in anyway" without any evidence is just a unsupported comment. Why can't I say "Tassotti is a great coach". That's beacuse Id on't know what he does behind the scene.
Look at some of the previous statements, and you knwo what I mean. Saying "ABC is a great coach. Ancelotti has no place for intelligence in football" Full-stop nothing else. Then what's the difference with saying, "Inzaghi is a great striker. Sheva has no place for intellignece as being a striker".
What's the difference you tell me?
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 15:21
I talk about Carlo in so many topics that i did not realize that. Of course i have evidences. There is not anything more than evidences. Firstly, i am not satisfied only with results in fact. You are but not me. That is a simple statement. I do not know your age but i hope you know some about 1950s-1960s and 1980s Milan. I want all people talking about us again.
1) If we played much better in Barca and PSV matches this year, I am sure people would talk about us just like 198s-1990s. That is for sure.
2) But Mr. Ancelotti, did it again and we were against them with a stupid formation. Do not tell me, it was a must or we did qualified to finals anyways. That can be a reason for Liverpool but not for Milan. We lost both matches, so do you think we are successful? I claim that we would win if we played as usual. We played in Carlo's terrible formation and we lost. But we did not play as usual and we cannot know if we would win or not. So my claims seem to be leading.
3) There is not any Barca fans around hopefully. I am sure you realized people are talking about Barcelona gracefully. What did they do when we are in the final? Nothing. but anyways, they are said to be the best team at the moment. We have a much better squad than them, we are in the final but anyways these are not enough for people. That sounds stupid but that is the rule of the game. DO YOU THINK PORTO WAS A BETTER TEAM THAN US LAST YEAR? No! nobody thought that i am so sure. But according to you winning the trophy means everything. But to me winning the trophy plus the respect mean something.
If we did not play that bad in those 2 matches, we would gain the respect too. If Barcelona could do that without having a good defence, we could much better.
4) For another instance, lets take PSV second leg to be more specific. Until 25th minute, they scored once, bombarded our goalkeeper with Park and Lee, Van Bommel and Cocu dominated the midfield but we did not have any organised attack except for sheva and kaka's personal efforts. Yes we had 2-0 advantage, but i think it is not a rational way to to apply an unsuccessful formation again which was tried before in Deportivo and Barca matches and became unsuccessful. MOREOVER, THEY SCORED ONE GOAL AND ATTACKED SO MUCH WHEN WE DO NOT HAVE ANY POSITIONS. But what did Mr. Ancelotti did? Nothing. Lee was about to break Cafu's bones and finish his career. That was because Cafu became so tired tough he was not helping the offence. what did Ancelotti did? Nothing. On the other hand, PSV system based on Hesselink worked very well and Cocu made the score 2-0 with Lee's drive from left. BUT HERE IS THE CRITICAL POINT. Hiddink was worse than Carlo that night. Because he missed the fact that playing against an European Giant and made Bouma-robert substitution. If he did not do that, it was likely to see a different score on the scoreboard.
When the score was 2-0, Mr. Ancelotti realized our offensive play was a total 0 ''ZERO'' during 2/3 of the game. He possibly remembered last year. I hoped he would remember before the match and would not do the same fouls. Finally Milan turned to double forwards with Tomasson as usual. And then we scored the goal with only ten minutes effort!!!!
What is the rational one? To defence with 10 men until 2-0 or playing with double forward and score 1 goal and break the other team's hopes?
Ancelotti had the best squad in the world so far. And Hiddink? In some years, He lost his best goal scorer in holland: KEZMAN. He lost two of best wingers in the world: ROMMEDAHL and ROBBEN. even his goalkeeper Watereus was transfered to Man. City. But anyways he did really well. We are still Milan. And sorry but i do not believe and trust in Carlo. Does not matter if gets CL cup or not.
Some of the "opinions" posted here make me consider whether it's worth it to keep on visiting these forums.
But how do you prevent people who're absolutely clueless about football from posting their thoughts.
P.S. there're so many classics in this thread but Rommedahl one of the best wingers in the world, that just takes the price.
I talk about Carlo in so many topics that i did not realize that. Of course i have evidences. There is not anything more than evidences. Firstly, i am not satisfied only with results in fact. You are but not me. That is a simple statement. I do not know your age but i hope you know some about 1950s-1960s and 1980s Milan. I want all people talking about us again.
1) If we played much better in Barca and PSV matches this year, I am sure people would talk about us just like 198s-1990s. That is for sure.
2) But Mr. Ancelotti, did it again and we were against them with a stupid formation. Do not tell me, it was a must or we did qualified to finals anyways. That can be a reason for Liverpool but not for Milan. We lost both matches, so do you think we are successful? I claim that we would win if we played as usual. We played in Carlo's terrible formation and we lost. But we did not play as usual and we cannot know if we would win or not. So my claims seem to be leading.
3) There is not any Barca fans around hopefully. I am sure you realized people are talking about Barcelona gracefully. What did they do when we are in the final? Nothing. but anyways, they are said to be the best team at the moment. We have a much better squad than them, we are in the final but anyways these are not enough for people. That sounds stupid but that is the rule of the game. DO YOU THINK PORTO WAS A BETTER TEAM THAN US LAST YEAR? No! nobody thought that i am so sure. But according to you winning the trophy means everything. But to me winning the trophy plus the respect mean something.
If we did not play that bad in those 2 matches, we would gain the respect too. If Barcelona could do that without having a good defence, we could much better.
4) For another instance, lets take PSV second leg to be more specific. Until 25th minute, they scored once, bombarded our goalkeeper with Park and Lee, Van Bommel and Cocu dominated the midfield but we did not have any organised attack except for sheva and kaka's personal efforts. Yes we had 2-0 advantage, but i think it is not a rational way to to apply an unsuccessful formation again which was tried before in Deportivo and Barca matches and became unsuccessful. MOREOVER, THEY SCORED ONE GOAL AND ATTACKED SO MUCH WHEN WE DO NOT HAVE ANY POSITIONS. But what did Mr. Ancelotti did? Nothing. Lee was about to break Cafu's bones and finish his career. That was because Cafu became so tired tough he was not helping the offence. what did Ancelotti did? Nothing. On the other hand, PSV system based on Hesselink worked very well and Cocu made the score 2-0 with Lee's drive from left. BUT HERE IS THE CRITICAL POINT. Hiddink was worse than Carlo that night. Because he missed the fact that playing against an European Giant and made Bouma-robert substitution. If he did not do that, it was likely to see a different score on the scoreboard.
When the score was 2-0, Mr. Ancelotti realized our offensive play was a total 0 ''ZERO'' during 2/3 of the game. He possibly remembered last year. I hoped he would remember before the match and would not do the same fouls. Finally Milan turned to double forwards with Tomasson as usual. And then we scored the goal with only ten minutes effort!!!!
What is the rational one? To defence with 10 men until 2-0 or playing with double forward and score 1 goal and break the other team's hopes?
Ancelotti had the best squad in the world so far. And Hiddink? In some years, He lost his best goal scorer in holland: KEZMAN. He lost two of best wingers in the world: ROMMEDAHL and ROBBEN. even his goalkeeper Watereus was transfered to Man. City. But anyways he did really well. We are still Milan. And sorry but i do not believe and trust in Carlo. Does not matter if gets CL cup or not.
lsn, i have so much i can comment about ur post that by the time i finish ancelotti would be dead and u wouldve got what u wished for... but im gonna try and cut it really short and on behalf of most milan fans if they do not mind... ur not convincing, what you said is just a reapeat of what uve been saying eversince u joined us... what ur giving us is not facts, its what u think carlo was thinking of... what makes u think that after cocu scored psvs goal carlo remembered last years exit vs depor??? ... u have proof??.. nope i guess... facts require proof and u have non of that in your post... lsn, u and maybe 2 others here want carlo out... the rest want carlo to stay and so does the management so give us a break will you? carlo is staying wether you like it or not and you just have to cope with it.
FORZA ANCELOTTI ... ROSSONERO TO THE BONE
ACMILAN1983
16-05-2005, 16:57
wrong, this is not just BS, it is BS squared. Where did this guy come from? I really wonder for how long he has been following Milan? Well, obviously it didn't start before the 2003 CL winning campaign. Not a single fan of soccer, in his right mind that is, can argue that Milan were lucky that year and didn't deserve to win the CL 2 years ago.
Could you please save us your opinion for it is truely only yours and I doubt there is someone out there sharing it, which makes it just another bare-naked bunch of pointless words. And please don't state the all so popular sorry-ass, last-hope exit of people who don't know what they are talking about - "I have the right of an opinion too"
FCS, take some time off, read the first couple of books in your life, watch some football in the meantime, and then come here to enlighten our dull lives with your insightful opinions.
It is becoming very suspicious that so many people, who have registered over the past couple of weeks, come here and start giving all this BS. Too many losers and gobies around here, I guess.
Its fair enough you agree with me that Milan were not lucky to win CL2003, but come on, do you really need to personally question the posters faith in Milan?
I personally wanted to argue my opinion why Milan were not lucky (though most people will already know and agree with me on these points), but due to lack of time my post was short and was quite hasty. However, in no point did I or intend to insult whoever made the post about "luck".
So why oh why did you personally attack that person, rather than simply argue against the post, when you clearly had more time to post than I did. I don't want to sound like I have a problem with you, as you do make a number of decent posts, but I do think what you did was wrong, as clearly do others.
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 17:07
I just cannot believe the way you behave. I think we can tell what we think freely here. I do not have to like Ancelotti or his tactics. I am underestimating my team here, as i always said they are the best squad so far. But i do not believe in Ancelotti's capacity.
I can be wrong in your opinion or not thinking as u do but nobody should be aggressive, we are all supporting the same team here. And mk18, you do not have behave like fanatics and say ''Rossonero to the bone'' because I am not from the dark side.
Please, "i may hate your idea, but i will defend to the death your right to express it." Voltaire.
triniman
16-05-2005, 17:20
Jeff.....i really do not understand what you are trying to say....what i posted was not intended for you...the people who broke the rule know i was refering to them.......one apologised....the other two have not.
But apart of that i will make this as clear as possible......
THE NEXT PERSONAL ATTACK BY ANYONE TO ANYONE WILL RESULT IN THIS THREAD BEING CLOSED!!
I don;t think i can be any more clear than that....everyone has their own opioion no matter how warped others may think it be.....the fact remains that everyone can say what they want.......
if someone's posts ticks you off to a point where you want to launcha personal attack...then just don't bother reading it or replying.....in other words ignore it!
the older members know what i mean.....younger members , try to use this when the time comes. I'm not going to post my personal opinion here about this topic becuase i do not want to be mis-understood anymore...cause i may blow my lid.....so just keep it clean if everyone wants to be on my good side
THE NEXT PERSONAL ATTACK BY ANYONE TO ANYONE WILL RESULT IN THIS THREAD BEING CLOSED!!
Now you really tempt me, trini, I'm ready to do or say about anything to get this useless thread closed :D
I just cannot believe the way you behave. I think we can tell what we think freely here. I do not have to like Ancelotti or his tactics. I am underestimating my team here, as i always said they are the best squad so far. But i do not believe in Ancelotti's capacity.
I can be wrong in your opinion or not thinking as u do but nobody should be aggressive, we are all supporting the same team here. And mk18, you do not have behave like fanatics and say ''Rossonero to the bone'' because I am not from the dark side.
Please, "i may hate your idea, but i will defend to the death your right to express it." Voltaire.
i didnt even doubt ur faith in milan... im telling u alot of us dont like your opinion, and we told u why... ur just repeating the same points ...
... screw this... im not replying here anymore
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 17:46
My aim is not to send posts which are to be in the same opinions with the others or to be liked by the others. They ask for the evidences and i write. They ask a question and then i reply. That is it. I am repeating the same points? If i do not have different opinions about one topic, of course i will repeat them. Just like people who do not think like me, repeats the same things.
triniman
16-05-2005, 17:51
Now you really tempt me, trini, I'm ready to do or say about anything to get this useless thread closed :D
LOL........
Maradona (10)
16-05-2005, 18:19
Im with you Grenoli_Trio.
My aim is not to send posts which are to be in the same opinions with the others or to be liked by the others. They ask for the evidences and i write. They ask a question and then i reply. That is it. I am repeating the same points? If i do not have different opinions about one topic, of course i will repeat them. Just like people who do not think like me, repeats the same things.
Good for you, and I mean that, and i thought that's what makes it interesting.
I understand your frustration with Carlo Ancelotti, but all the while you are speaking of are short-term evidence. THese are thoughtful comments, but one should not forget about the long-term that he has done for the team, so far.
I don't think i need to point out why Ancelotti is a good coach. I simply forgot how many times he had done the right thing in the second half to save our team from losing.
Postiive list:
Coming back from 2-0 down against an Inter side, winning 3-2.
Coming back twice and scored last minute against Ajax, 3-2.
Coming back from 1-0 down losing to Fiorentina with a less-catuious formation 3-5-2.
Coming back against Lazio after 1-0 down.
Beating Man U twice without Shevchenko.
Beating Inter Milan 3 goals, forcing the fans to throw flare at Dida.
When the whole world is watching Milan against Barcelona in San Siro, Milan won 1-0, convincingly.
Won against PSV in the first league by 2-0, preventing PSV from scoring. Furthermore, Tomasson scored at the dying minute when Milan was truly suffering.
These are your evidences:
Against Barcelona, where we only needed a point. And we almost (but didn't) make it. Instead of saying as a 'bad' formation, why can't we compliment Ronaldinho?
Against PSV: We played badly against PSV. There is no doubt about that. And this is Mr. Ancelotti's fault. I do agree with whta you are saying about point 4.
Argument about "DO YOU THINK PORTO WAS A BETTER TEAM THAN US LAST YEAR?". No. We were on par, if not better, in terms of results. We won the scudetto, while MIlan lost uncharacteristically 4-0. (ok, here you go I found another evidence for you), but Porto claimed to be the chamipon of Europe, with your all-time favorite Morinuho to be the coach.
*****************************************************
And I'm sure all other members can add A LOT MORE on the Postive list b ecause i have poor memory adn I cannot remember what othe rthings Ancelotti had done for us. (Howa bout the amazing first half against Juventus in the final but no one seems to remember?) (Or how about putting Pirlo in front of the defense? (Or how about beating Bayern Munich twice, thanks to Inzaghi) Other members can add on the list, if you wish. Oh wait, how about beating Roma 2-0? Beating Roma twice last year 2-1, 1-0, with the other giant coach Capello, giants, world-class players Totti (or you may not agree with me about this)? The list is exhaustive but too long for me to summarize.
So MY conclusion is:
1) My lists are longer than yours.
2) All the evidence you have written are of recent results. And i dont' quite remember any posts regarding Ancelotti's ability last month when Milan has not started losing (and drawing).
And thus I reach my point.
****************************************************
And this is why I say I'm not a blind follower/or su*ker of Ancelotti. I saw these evidence. These facts are hard as rock. You cannot deny because it happens.
****************************************************
regarding respect toward Barcelona (and Cheslea, if you want to add), tell me which leagues are more difficult to obtain this year, 2 weeks before Juve and Milan met. At that time, Barcelona was leading by 6 points, while Chelsea has almost (if not) claimed the title. If this is not an indication of how competitve that particiular league is, then tell me which league started stupidly late and forced players to play so many games despite CL.
People are comparing teams in terms of domestic league form. Why si there no one talk about Celtic who always win in Scotland then? Ok, because Barcelona plays beautifully. Tell me whether you can compare when Barcelona played against Malaga and Milan playing against Palermo. Is Malaga = Palermo? In no way. So how do people say that Barcelona is 'more beautiful' than Milan, beacuse Milan won 1-0 esp. start defending after scoring a goal, while Barcelona kept attacking after 2-0 up.
ANd the questio nfor you is: How do you know that Milan is not going to keep on attacking when they play against Malaga is 2-0 up?
There is no way to compare, except on the European stage (Champion League.) And now Milan is in the final, and they shall earn respect. They are in the Barcelona group but succeeded in finishing top of the group. Do you remember that? We actually held Celtic 0-0 at their home, did you remember that? no one remembers it, they only remember the present adn forgot about the past.
And this is why people are complaining when Milan immeidately lose/draw/play ugly. They only remember the present, not the past. The assumption for them is that the present is going to continue, but how many times did Milan show that this is just an episode?
*******************************************************
I hope you find my argument convincing. My evidences are collective over the last few years.
Good luck. I feel that I'm spending enough of my time and to present my point.
My last point is: Respect comes from us, not others. If people don't apprecaite what Milan does, that's ok. We appreciate.
Best of luck
J
Jeff.....i really do not understand what you are trying to say....what i posted was not intended for you...the people who broke the rule know i was refering to them.......one apologised....the other two have not.
I don't think I'm aiming that post to you as well. I just hit the quote button and reply. Sorry.
My aim is not to send posts which are to be in the same opinions with the others or to be liked by the others. They ask for the evidences and i write. They ask a question and then i reply. That is it. I am repeating the same points? If i do not have different opinions about one topic, of course i will repeat them. Just like people who do not think like me, repeats the same things.
And so dear Grenoli, hit me back (in terms of argument) about what I wrote above. And our convesation shalt (...) shall continue.
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 19:09
You said well too, Jeff. You have good evidences, too. So we both have evidences to defend our ideas. You can keep on thinking Ancelotti is a good coach and i can keep on thinking he is not good enough for us. I generally told everything what i think. So i do not think i have something more to write.
edit: I wrote '' You are a sucker for Ancelotti''. English is not my mother tongue but it means ''to like''? I am sorry if i am mistaken.
You said well too, Jeff. You have good evidences, too. So we both have evidences to defend our ideas. You can keep on thinking Ancelotti is a good coach and i can keep on thinking he is not good enough for us. I generally told everything what i think. So i do not think i have something more to write.
edit: I wrote '' You are a sucker for Ancelotti''. English is not my mother tongue but it means ''to like''? I am sorry if i am mistaken.
Indeed. Suc*er is a little bit offensive. Nevertheless....
Grenoli_Trio
16-05-2005, 19:19
My last point: I think i could not express myself truly that i am proud of Milan of course. If i did not think that i would not write a post about our lovely football. You can read in CL part, name is ''The monster arises again?'' I also totally agree with you about Barcelona as i wrote above. Sorry for repeating but i only complain about Ancelotti. I expressed my reasons. I think we are talking between us here. thanks, take it easy.
Christopher
16-05-2005, 19:50
I think they need hold onto Carlo until Maldini retires and he will then become our next coach and lead us to 20 years of success now folks that Milans destiny.
sehnsucht79
17-05-2005, 02:30
Doesnt it depend on the individual though. Some wants beautiful football; others say our football is good enough for the trophies so Im fine with it.
"our football"???/ .... sally... ur not one of us!
:guw:
I think they need hold onto Carlo until Maldini retires and he will then become our next coach and lead us to 20 years of success now folks that Milans destiny.
Thats wright, when paolo sits on the milan bench we will be :firedev: !!! Aldough he said he'll never run for a coach...
sehnsucht79
17-05-2005, 06:33
"our football"???/ .... sally... ur not one of us!
:guw:
By 'our' I meant football fans in general ;)
Im proud that Im not hee hee :mute:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.