View Full Version : Where Will You Watch The Final??
killiegradge
17-05-2005, 04:47
Just wondered where everyone will watch the CL final next week?Of course the best place to watch is in the stadium in Istanbull!
I normally prefer to watch TV games in the house but will make an exception as its a final and head out to the pub.Does anyone know a good Italian Cafe/Pub in Glasgow?Meazza-where will you watch the match?
As a poor student who has not much money can not attend match in Istambul, so I will probably watch it at home. :510: The other opportunity is to go somethere in the pubv to watch it with my freinds. :5schal: maybe we will call our italian teacher to watch it, even though he is iterista. :5inter:
:3band: :proud: Forza Milan :star: :rone:
Giovanni
17-05-2005, 05:48
Piazza del Duomo, in front of the mega screen
The damn thing is i have to take an exam on the morning and i'm 70th in the list so it can go further until the afternoon before i take it (it's an oral exam) and then have to take the train and reach Milano (1h and 30).
But in case we win people will be crazy and celebrate until the morning so i CAN'T MISS IT!!!
In Torino, in case we win, it'll be like a funeral
They will show the game on English tv (not sky)
So i will either go to the pub and support Milan and get beaten up by English :) or watch the game at Home......
ForZa Milan!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983
17-05-2005, 06:18
I'll be going out to a bar to see the match. I can imagine it will be like against Man U, being one of only a couple of Milan fans surrounded by opposition fans! :D
sehnsucht79
17-05-2005, 06:28
BECAUSE JUVENTUS IS NOT IN THE FINAL (GGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH);
I would probably watch it on a big screen TV with the local L'Pool and Milan fan club members or just stay at home with munchies. The TV in my house is 42 inch and its bigger than any of my friend's so they'd probably come over and join in
At home with me Club Mates, most of whom will be rooting for liverpool, me being the only Milan fan, it's gonna be fun. :27rr:
Billy_Montreal
17-05-2005, 10:13
I will be watching the game in Little Italy. To ensure no Juventini spoil our party I will suggest that we hire some Don Corleone-esque type fellows as 'bouncers' :gun:
Either that or I'll start swinging my louisville slugger if I 'smell any Zebras' in the house. :w209:
derekhski
17-05-2005, 10:42
I will gettogether with two freinds at a local bar. We will all need to take a couple hours off from our work to attend. The game will not be on local TV so one must have Cable/Satelite. Fortunately the local bars have a big screen and a couple smaller sets so you have many options of veiwing. It will be interesting to see how many poeple show to watch this match, in the States. SInce it will be mid day and poeple will need to leave work to see.
Forza Milan! :clap:
At the Milan Club... with about other 400 other Milan supporters, I have an exam the day after... whatever will happen, I'll be destroyed with alcohol.
arpanmilan
17-05-2005, 11:37
i hav my final semester exams starting 4m 28may,even though me & my friends hav decided to watch the match at my home. i would hav loved 2 go 2 istanbul but it dosent matter becoz we may be at any place of the world our best wishes r always with milan.
Gio-mania
17-05-2005, 12:00
ill be watching the match at home..........
have like some exams before that and like some composition/report due the day after...
triniman
17-05-2005, 21:00
Nevada Smith.....a man U supporters club, but all football lovers in NY go there for all the games.....been there all of the CL season...so no reason to stop now
Home with a case of Guinness - celebrating a Liverpool victory (hopefully:D) or drowning my sorrows. (Best not be this one;))
heidi azalea
17-05-2005, 23:01
I will be watching the game in Little Italy. To ensure no Juventini spoil our party I will suggest that we hire some Don Corleone-esque type fellows as 'bouncers' :gun:
Either that or I'll start swinging my louisville slugger if I 'smell any Zebras' in the house. :w209:
:5horse:
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ! :haha: :haha:
:55angel:
I'm so sure that I'll not go to Istanbul. But watching Milan-Liverpool is a very nice thing to do. :devf:
I'll be in front of the TV. :5ok:
Bubba's Sportbar, surrounded by soon-to-be-very-disappointed Liverpool fans :3band:
heidi azalea
18-05-2005, 10:09
I'll be going out to a bar to see the match. I can imagine it will be like against Man U, being one of only a couple of Milan fans surrounded by opposition fans! :D
:p146:
Dev, make sure that you can evacuate safely, when Milan got declared as the winner. :sun:
OR
Make sure you have Don Corleone's mobile number. :sagrin:
For me myself I have no worries at all, I can choose to watch TV all alone or go to a restaurant with big TV screen. I'm sure they'll aired CL final in anyway. :5schal:
Sigh .....unfortunately I am the only person in our group who has become a soccer enthusiast. Although I have conned a few to watch with me sometimes, I will probably just leave work early (hmmm imagine that eh KhRiS ?)....and hang out at home. Any takers ? ...;)
Sigh .....unfortunately I am the only person in our group who has become a soccer enthusiast. Although I have conned a few to watch with me sometimes, I will probably just leave work early (hmmm imagine that eh KhRiS ?)....and hang out at home. Any takers ? ...;)
take THIS OPPORTUNITY GUYS!!!! Guys from Canada... move your a$$es :dcool:
take THIS OPPORTUNITY GUYS!!!! Guys from Canada... move your a$$es :dcool:
Ah thanks Franco... :kiss:
....but plans have changed. I think I may have my hands full :sagrin:
Hey REZ ! Had an idea, ok fine, one I stole from Billy...he's going to Little Italy in Montreal. Maybe we should hit the mini version in T.O. I'm just guessing, but have a feeling that a Milan victory would be celebrated with us by Juve and Inter fans alike. Maybe I can even convince my rival Lorenzo (No not the one on MM) to come with us. What do you think ?
ac_milan_foreva
19-05-2005, 16:12
im gona have to ditch school that day to watch it. however they arent any good places here so im just gona watch it at home.
25th of may... i cannot wait for that day... ok... im gonna come back from aqaba the day before with all my classmates (i just finished school im leaving tommorow) and during the match day me and my friends (around 15 of us) are gonna spend the whole day at my friends house because its his birthday, were gonna have a BBQ around the pool and when its game time we either go to the famous sports bar here or we stay there and watch it... personally id rather go to the sports bar since my friends arent big football fans and besides the atmosphere in the sports bar is much nicer....
sure is gonna be a great day... (INSHALLAH!!!!)
ill watch it in university pub with many liverpool supporters, 2 of my best friends are liverpool supporters and they will probably be sitting either side of me. i have a 50euro bet on with one and a 20 euro with the other. also i put 70 euro on milan to win champs league with the bookies at 8 to 1 start of the season which means if milan win wednesday night ill be 700 euro richer.
drinks will be on me for the night i think!
sehnsucht79
20-05-2005, 09:39
im gona have to ditch school that day to watch it. however they arent any good places here so im just gona watch it at home.
Thats the best part. I just love ditching school for football. I dont know why but I love it. I love telling my mother "Im not going to school today because Juventus is playing against .... and its an important game" Oh the joy of not going to school for football :cool:
ac_milan_foreva
21-05-2005, 12:28
Thats the best part. I just love ditching school for football. I dont know why but I love it. I love telling my mother "Im not going to school today because Juventus is playing against .... and its an important game" Oh the joy of not going to school for football :cool:
yeah i did that last year to watch the euro game between sweden and bulgaria. oh and how horrible was that!!! however lets hope this time its worth it.
shevagol_7
21-05-2005, 13:04
Watching it in a room by myself. I can have no distractions.
ac_milan_foreva
21-05-2005, 17:34
Watching it in a room by myself. I can have no distractions.
hell ur from canada...
go watch it with staci ;)
hell ur from canada...
go watch it with staci ;)
I think he has made it very clear that he can't have no distraction. :rr30:
:D
ac_milan_foreva
21-05-2005, 20:29
I think he has made it very clear that he can't have no distraction. :rr30:
:D
oh ya ur right.... its a shame tho...
however im pretty close to canada... :happy:
Thats the best part. I just love ditching school for football. I dont know why but I love it. I love telling my mother "Im not going to school today because Juventus is playing against .... and its an important game" Oh the joy of not going to school for football :cool:
ditched school sooooooooooooooooo many times ... ditched lessons even more.... i once ditched biology just to follow the score of milan vs boca juniors where we lost on penalties... it proved that milan win when im watching :5ok:
vickirin
23-05-2005, 21:35
At my home :5schal: i've got no rossoneri friends in my town :u56: :w200:
Shevchenko7
23-05-2005, 22:18
At my home
Same here... cant wait :sagrin:
home. watching milan games is a very spiritual, private moment that i just want to share with myself :)
that and screaming and jumping out of the chair can only be tolerated by my cat.
sehnsucht79
24-05-2005, 09:10
ditched school sooooooooooooooooo many times ... ditched lessons even more.... i once ditched biology just to follow the score of milan vs boca juniors where we lost on penalties... it proved that milan win when im watching :5ok:
Ditching school is fun. The only reason other than football why I ditch school is because of counter - strike :hangover:
The only person I like to watch football with is my brother, with other people I kinda feel embarrassed about how I will react to a game. Its not very... lady-like.
Ditching school is fun. The only reason other than football why I ditch school is because of counter - strike :hangover:
The only person I like to watch football with is my brother, with other people I kinda feel embarrassed about how I will react to a game. Its not very... lady-like.
other than football i ditch school because i know im gonna go to like max of 2 lessons out of 7 per day so its better to just leave the whole school
my sister just recently started to follow milan but i dont really like to watch it with her nor do i like to watch games with anyone else but myself... when i gop to the sportsbar i usually dont jump as much unless the game was really exciting like portugal vs england in the euros ... i went crazy that day .. and i also went crazy when italy went out to s.korea in WC2002
i hope milan vs liverpool will be exciting cuz there will be alot of people i know there and i really wanna lose control of myself
Warro Bantan
24-05-2005, 16:53
This is the biggest dilemma I face tomorrow....
I could go to the Sports Bar...expensive, but sure to be worth it, or watch it at home.....hmmmm dont know yet.
A fellow Milan fan (yes there is more than one in Jamaica!!!) says he will join me at home...but after the wonderful atmosphere at the bar for the FA Cup final, I am tempted to return for the UCL match tomorrow....
hmmmmm think I will sleep on it.
(I am also debating getting my son from school early so he can see the final...he is a 12 year old Band waggonist extraordinaire...he supports the winning team...which ever one it is! He has both Milan and Liverpool jerseys....and I cant wait to see which one he tries to smuggle into his school bag tomorrow.....{he wears a uniform to school})
killiegradge
24-05-2005, 17:06
Well its been decided for the Rosseneri Scotia.we will be in the Magnier Italian for some food followed by Europa Bar for the game.Rhere are prizes on offer in Europa-trip to San Siro and place s at milan Soccer School in Paisley.As long as Milan win the cup I dont care what else happens!
Forza Milan
home. watching milan games is a very spiritual, private moment that i just want to share with myself :)
This reminds me of some previous posts(by some of our memebers;)) about having `orgasmic` experiences:D
i`ll be at home too,that way i can freely jump,shout,pull my hair etc...without people giving me those `you should consider loonie bin` looks ;)
supersport
24-05-2005, 18:19
This is not the kind of match to watch at home by yourself. Any San Francisco Bay Area supporters getting together anywhere? Steps of Rome, in North Beach? Let me know.
This reminds me of some previous posts(by some of our memebers;)) about having `orgasmic` experiences:D
i`ll be at home too,that way i can freely jump,shout,pull my hair etc...without people giving me those `you should consider loonie bin` looks ;)
hey. crespo said he had an orgasm when he scored for milan :)
I know this might be heresy and all but I will watch the game at home. The heretical part of this is that I will avoid MM til Thursday or Friday, regardless of how the outcome ends up being. I dunno call it "stepping away" from the spectacle. If god willing we are the destined winners I would like to say to you all... have a fun time chatting away here at MM. If the alternative, I will only say to you all to keep your heads held high because we are AC MILAN and we challenged a fellow European Cup heavyweight. I would also ask you all to not fight amongst one another cause that always happens when the results are'nt what we expected.
GOOD LUCK and it's been a pleasure talking with you all this season. I'll see you all in a couple of days, hopefully with comments galore on our glorious victory!
FORZA MILAN!
I'm going to Sports Bar with My friends (one of them is Liverpool fan).
sehnsucht79
25-05-2005, 05:26
Its kinda difficult. I mean if it was a final dont you want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere and hangout with other milanistas at a cafe (or bar) for that matter? But then again sometimes such outings will result in limited action and concentration; and watching a final by yourself can give you the... spiritual connection with the game.
Its kinda difficult. I mean if it was a final dont you want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere and hangout with other milanistas at a cafe (or bar) for that matter? But then again sometimes such outings will result in limited action and concentration; and watching a final by yourself can give you the... spiritual connection with the game.
Well for me, I tend not to be part of the party when we win. That's just me. I dont mind if others celebrate it in their own way. You see the result can go either way and so regardless of the score, I tend to behave in such a way as to instill calm and repose. I just stay out of the spectacle of the "thrill of victory" and likewise the "agony of defeat".
I did this also in the US elections 2004 when my choice of candidates (some of them my friends) won their respective elections/seats. Some didnt win but most did. I stayed away from all the celebrations and enjoyed a nice glass of brandy by myself at the poolside of my home.
ooh... I am so anxious, so apprehensive and nervous... I have just wruitten my first exam and was not as good as I though but not bad too... so now all my thoughs are about this eve.... :nervous:.... do not know what to do... I am supposed to learn for another exam though I can not concentrate and retain attention on reading... my head is full of stupid thoughts about final etc. Huuuh.... so long time to go....
sehnsucht79
25-05-2005, 06:08
You need to get a life :D Kidding.
Yeah I know what you mean Kui. But I dont think I'll be going to football outings anymore considering that last time I did I spilled a drink all over this guy's girlfriend when Juve scored. The guy was pissed and the girl was outraged :moan:
sehnsucht79
25-05-2005, 06:09
ooh... I am so anxious, so apprehensive and nervous... I have just wruitten my first exam and was not as good as I though but not bad too... so now all my thoughs are about this eve.... :nervous:.... do not know what to do... I am supposed to learn for another exam though I can not concentrate and retain attention on reading... my head is full of stupid thoughts about final etc. Huuuh.... so long time to go....
Forget studying, psych yourself up for the match tonight :cool:
asmileneverlies
25-05-2005, 07:59
i am downloading all the songs of the Brn and Fossa and creating a nice athmosphere (like curva sud).
It will be the sound for the game.
You need to get a life :D Kidding.
Yeah I know what you mean Kui. But I dont think I'll be going to football outings anymore considering that last time I did I spilled a drink all over this guy's girlfriend when Juve scored. The guy was pissed and the girl was outraged :moan:
Well I hold the record for being the youngest old fart in the world. Since my teenage years I related with older people much better than my own peers of same age.
sehnsucht79
25-05-2005, 19:06
Oh dear. another similarity. Are you sure you are not my long lost twin? :)
In my sister's bed
Oh, i was so nervous, i cried
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.