View Full Version : Deportivo OR Liverpool: which loss is harder to accept?
which match is harder to accept and why?
Lost the Match because we lost concentration for 6 mins, whole years hard work down the drain.
:broken:
nicostallion
26-05-2005, 09:14
istanbul without a doubt, cant believe it
riazor is harder to swallow because that's when it alllllllllllllll started
I voted Depor. That came from out of the blue. Since then we have come to expect this crap ie PSV and Liverpool. If anyone remembers we also lost 4-0 in the Uefa cup to Dortmund before we won the CL. We are vunerable to these things.
I cant believe Im saying this but Iv come to expect milan to bottle it on the big European nights. :hangover:
yep. and in scudetto race too. from now on, if they are up 5-0 i wouldn't care - i would wait for the game to end.
I can not accept them both so may I not vote :depress:
Its just a state of mind- a damn disease. The unfortunate thing is it will probably end when say Maldini retires even though he may not have anything to do with it. Either milan will show unbelievable mental strength and win something next season or something "silly" like maldini retiring will trigger an end to this mental disease!! :v46: I really find it difficult to see how we will bounce back from this. Its not enough that all the teams will be better next season Juve, Inter, Barca, Chelsea. Even if we can beat them will we play another Depor/PSV/Lpool and just beat our selves.
Losing a final like this is harder to accept, although Riazor was as shocking. Look at it the other way, for an experienced team like ours once maybe disastrous but the second (or more) times letting this happen is shocking, to me one of the major benefits of having a veteran team is gone now.
I vote for the final
zlatanov
26-05-2005, 10:49
Losing a final like this is harder to accept, although Riazor was as shocking. Look at it the other way, for an experienced team like ours once maybe disastrous but the second (or more) times letting this happen is shocking, to me one of the major benefits of having a veteran team is gone now.
I vote for the final
I also votedfor the final for pretty much the same resons. Also, vs Depor that was at the 1/4 finals and there was no guarantee that we would ahve made it into the final, while yesterday we were there and had both of our hands on the cup and then we allowed it to be stolen away from us.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!! As the california governer would say - We'll be back. :sagrin: :5schal: :5guitar:
Maybe final is a more painful one... because i was celebrating during the half time though it was too early...
last night, I doubt I will experience worse again in my entire life as a milan fan.
how can you get worse? 45 mins away from certain glory and we throw it away then loose on penalties.
I doubt I will experience worse again in my entire life as a milan fan.
i hope
istanbul is a hell for milan
it is too painful to pick one. but i say the final is more painful cuz we had the cup in our hand and we threw it away. i wish i could say it was inexperience that made us loose but it seems now like we are experts at throwing away results.
last night:
1) It was a final. We were so close to our 7th. :(
2) We played better; we deserved to win.
ACMILAN1983
26-05-2005, 15:28
I voted the final as we played so well except for 6 minutes.
However, I have learnt to accept defeat mostly because of the finals against Marseille and Ajax. These things happen, we cannot let it keep us down
contra22
26-05-2005, 16:09
Deportivo, without a doubt.
There is one huge difference between the match between the Deportivo and Liverpool match.
In the Deportivo match, Milan did not turn up for the match. They knew that the previous night were filled with upsets but yet collasped without reacting strong enough. That was unacceptable.
In the Liverpool match, they tried all they could. Tactically, physically and strategically Milan was by far more dominant than Liverpool. Simply said, it was not meant to be and it was not Milan's night. :evil:
Maradona (10)
26-05-2005, 16:46
Liverpool, no doubt.
Because it was a final.
Because we played so well during the first 45.
Because its one game, and Liverpool had only 45 minutes to erase a 0-3 deficit while La COruņa played at home and with 90 minutes.
Because the Liverpool game took place after La Coruņa, meaning we should have learned from our fatal experience in Spain.
Because we didnt win a single trophy this season (Excluding you know...)
Because we were much more experienced than Liverpool.
Because I thought we were winning our 7th after the first half and once Sheva had that double chance.
Because we had to watch Dudek the monkey dancing
Because they are an english side.
Enough!
:1ang:
Defenetly the final... for all the reasons you all stated.
BTW here are some recent incredible results
1995/96 UEFA cup quarter final vs Bordaux, we won the 1st leg 2-0 and lost away 3-0 result out of the UEFA
1997/98 Italian cup final vs Lazio, we won the 1st leg 1-0 at home and in the middle of the 2nd half we scored so we had 2 goals advantage, but Lazio scored 3 in 7 minutes aggragate 3-2 for Lazio and Italian cup lost
2003/04 the recent deportivo games
2004/05 PSV..... we qualified luckily and the final :(
zlatanov
26-05-2005, 20:34
I take it you are referring to your signature :)
Don't worry, it will. We will be up and running again next year.
Obviously the final. For 45 minutes we played perfect football. We were 45 minutes away from becoming the greatest team of the modern era, this match would have been the blueprint for playing football the world over, our players would have become legends, every last one of them. Instead as someone wrote on a newsgroup Milan are the European Champions of choking.
i agree with mehdi above. They would have been talkng about this game for years and years if milan continued playing like they did in the first half. for decades. instead they will be talking about it for anothe reason.
sehnsucht79
28-05-2005, 23:22
well neither affected me but I voted for Istanbul. As a fan I think it will be harder for a milanista to accept istanbul than riazor
fantasheva
29-05-2005, 23:29
Istanbul hands down.
This is the match Juve/Inter/Liver fans will always have against us. This game was an ebarassment to the team and the fans and the AC Milan name. 10-20-30 years from now no matter how good Milan is this win will be a black spot in the history of Milan.
I will love and support Milan forever but I will never forget this game. I would not be so bitter if Milan lost deservingly. If Milan gave 100% for 90+30 minutes and still lost I would not have said a word. However these players could not give 100% for the AC Milan organization, for the great history of the club and most importantly for the fans and ended up with an embarassing loss.
I'm sorry but I will not get over this loss unless we win a double or CL minimum next year. I love this team too much but their performances against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool broke my heart.
Dr Milano
30-05-2005, 04:58
Istanbul hands down.
This is the match Juve/Inter/Liver fans will always have against us. This game was an ebarassment to the team and the fans and the AC Milan name. 10-20-30 years from now no matter how good Milan is this win will be a black spot in the history of Milan.
I will love and support Milan forever but I will never forget this game. I would not be so bitter if Milan lost deservingly. If Milan gave 100% for 90+30 minutes and still lost I would not have said a word. However these players could not give 100% for the AC Milan organization, for the great history of the club and most importantly for the fans and ended up with an embarassing loss.
I'm sorry but I will not get over this loss unless we win a double or CL minimum next year. I love this team too much but their performances against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool broke my heart.y is it always milan cant it be united or someone it happens to us always noooo we r curseed
I can't bear 2 watch the replays of the Liverpool game. In my opinion,Milan deserved 2 lose. They could afford 2 give away a 3-0 lead in 6 mins. Whatever the case, we have 2 look on the bright side. We seriously need a makeover in defence.
Grant1977
11-06-2005, 08:29
I amongst all of you must choose the Depor game as the worst to loose, as while I am a Milan fan, My first love will be always Liverpool FC.
I am surprised how the game went, I had given it up when Crespo shot chipped past Dudek into the net!!
What a turnaround!!!
I wont go on further except to reiterate that the Depor game was a far worse experience for me!!
Gio-mania
11-06-2005, 10:12
riazor.............
it all started then.......
for the final i already knew we had the potential to mess it up- like we did vs. psv(almost)..
IMO, the Deportivo disaster was a bad loss resulted by our own fault and arrogance.
What happened in Istanbul is just a strange thing that I haven't seen before. On the balance of play and how we played, this final is the harder loss to swallow for sure because we played great and yet lost the final in a very odd way. In La Coruna we deserved a kicking on the backside and got it rightly as we didn't come to play since the whistle went.
shoryuken
11-06-2005, 15:23
IMO, the Deportivo disaster was a bad loss resulted by our own fault and arrogance.
What happened in Istanbul is just a strange thing that I haven't seen before. On the balance of play and how we played, this final is the harder loss to swallow for sure because we played great and yet lost the final in a very odd way. In La Coruna we deserved a kicking on the backside and got it rightly as we didn't come to play since the whistle went.
Yes the final is tought to take even now. In Coruna we played crap and ergo we lost. But when you doinate and luck conspires against you in such fashion as in Istanbul, that makes it all the more painful, knowing that you derserved to win. :stress:
killiegradge
11-06-2005, 17:00
No doubt for me the Pool game is hardest to take just because it was a final.I really feel I am scarred for life.I still have to leave the room if any highlights are shown or turn off the radio when I hear commentary.Even watching the Spanish Cup final tonight brought back memories which were hard to suffer.
As a football fan for 30 years it was easily the worst footballing experience of my life!
PLEASE MILAN DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!
FORZA MILAN
FORZA KILLIE
I have just noticed a slight mistake in a poll - we were leading 4 - 1 after first leg in San Siro against Deportivo, IMO :rollani:
Rapierist
12-06-2005, 05:20
Is there even a comparison?
The Deportivo loss was in a quarter final. The loss against 'pool was in the final.
Also the final loss was against perhaps the last club in the world that I would have liked to see win the trophy. I don't care much for the Champions league, but to see Liverpool win anything other than the League Cup. :frustrat:
Grant1977
12-06-2005, 09:31
Rapierist, I would just like to point out, that apart from the league cup in the last 5 years Liverpool have won,
The Champions League, The FA Cup, the UEFA Cup, The European Super Cup, 2 League Cups....
So unless you have only been watching football for a very short amount of time you would know, that while they dont dominate the league as they used to, they have still pulled in a trophy haul most clubs would be proud of!!
Are you a closet Manc?
Grande-Milan-DK
12-06-2005, 10:14
In Depor it was just a evening where every shot was going past Dida, and Milan really did not manage to do anything. It is one of those days in football you call off-days, where everything is going wrong
In Istanbul Milan played the best football Europe has seen the last years, but even did lose....
it makes u think why cant milan lose properly for once... i wouldnt be as mad if we lost 2-0 ... i swear i got depressed for the following 3 days, seriously!
i swear i got depressed for the following 3 days, seriously!
you're not alone and I'm still asking 'WHY DID IT HAPPENNED?' 'HOW COULD IT BE?' WE WHERE 3-0!! :broken:
zlatanov
12-06-2005, 16:30
3 days? for me it was more like a week ...
im being honest... this year ive been going out like crazy, even during exams...
after the match i stayed infront of the cpu for 3 days straight... i didnt even feel like going out
I felt really bad only a day after the match, I mean the second day because just after the final I was dazed and I couldnt conceive what has happened... next day I felt very bad... but the following day I was almost subited with the loss...
nicostallion
12-06-2005, 18:55
i still cant get over the final. Its still too hard to accept, that loss really got to me
ac_milan_foreva
12-06-2005, 21:49
man why do these things only happen to us?? i cant think of any other team in the history of football of throwing 2 games like that in just 2 years... we are a great team the best in the world but sometimes are so unpredictable and it looks like the hard things are easy for us while the things that seem so easy are Hard for us.. but seriously we are cursed or something cuz we are doing so well and all of the sudden it all goes down the drain over 1 shocker..
Rapierist
12-06-2005, 23:34
The Champions League, The FA Cup, the UEFA Cup, The European Super Cup, 2 League Cups....
So unless you have only been watching football for a very short amount of time you would know, that while they dont dominate the league as they used to, they have still pulled in a trophy haul most clubs would be proud of!!
Are you a closet Manc?
Er......I am quite quite open about being a Manc. Didn't those comments about 'pool convince you?
And the year they did the laughable 'treble', United won the League. So it didn't bother me at all. And the super cup is just a one match worthless trophy.
Grant1977
13-06-2005, 02:51
Treble? Ancient History mate all in the past!!!
I HAVE WAITED YEARS TO SAY THAT!!!
FORZA MILAN!!! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!
Dr Milano
13-06-2005, 09:47
man why do these things only happen to us?? i cant think of any other team in the history of football of throwing 2 games like that in just 2 years... we are a great team the best in the world but sometimes are so unpredictable and it looks like the hard things are easy for us while the things that seem so easy are Hard for us.. but seriously we are cursed or something cuz we are doing so well and all of the sudden it all goes down the drain over 1 shocker..
maybe im a curse i support milan
shoryuken
13-06-2005, 14:47
i still cant get over the final. Its still too hard to accept, that loss really got to me
I'm not still depressed but it still grates big time. It will be a lot better when the new season starts :star:
Warro Bantan
13-06-2005, 17:36
Liverpool, no doubt.
Because it was a final.
Because we played so well during the first 45.
Because its one game, and Liverpool had only 45 minutes to erase a 0-3 deficit while La COruņa played at home and with 90 minutes.
Because the Liverpool game took place after La Coruņa, meaning we should have learned from our fatal experience in Spain.
Because we didnt win a single trophy this season (Excluding you know...)
Because we were much more experienced than Liverpool.
Because I thought we were winning our 7th after the first half and once Sheva had that double chance.
Because we had to watch Dudek the monkey dancing
Because they are an english side.
Enough!
:1ang:
Ditto...couldnt have said it better if I tried.....
I am still to get over it...I have forgiven all I thought culpable in the defeat, but I will remember it forever.
For the entire week after the final I was in a daze, and finally had to stop thinking about football completely, in order to regain some focus in my life.
Thankfully, I had a major scare the morning after, when my pregnant wife told me she hadnt felt the baby move for a long while...that put my priorities back in place, yet after she called to tell me all was well....I fell back into the depression, albeit not as strongly as I had been before.
Only the one you love can really hurt you, and let me tell you, that loss hurt me big time...
However....next season, is a new season, and if Galliani and Berlu reinforce the team properly, we will be right back in the final....and this one, I can tell you from now, we wont lose.
Harder to accept is defenetly Liverpool. Deportivo match gave me anger, not depression, 'cause I knew we understimated Deportivo(and I still would do so) + I know Deportivo is WAAYYYYYYYY inferior to us, there were 90 minutes of really bad football by Milan, a night were nothing goes your way + not everybody in the world saw it.
Against Liverpool, we played good, we created ocasions, things happened 'cause of destiny, not 'cause we had and off-night. For 45 minutes we played the greatest football I have seen in the last 2 seasons and 1/2(only compared to our game in the begging of 02-03 season). 6 minutes threw everything away, just 6 minutes, we played great the other 114 minutes. Maldini scored, Kaka played excelent, Crespo did a double, excelent defense, Gatusso + Pirlo getting every ball. EVERY SINGLE DAMN PERSON saw this game, and still talks about how great Liverpool's reaction was, and how arrogant were Milan players, and the thing is: Milan wasn't arrogant, Milan had a bad lapse, Liverpool's reaction really is a nothing, it was all due 'cause of Milan. Damn even Dudeck ,who sucks, did incredible savings. Something was screwed that day, that's why is harder to accept(considering also that I forgot about the game against Deportivo a week later, and almost 22 days after the disaster at Istanbul I still can't get over it says a lot too).
true... im still annoyed by the fact that dudeks only good game in his entire career came against us
It has to be the night in Istanbul, first we see San Paolo withing the 1st minute, then we go on to dominate the entire 1st half, then '6 minutes of Madness', after which we continue to dominate the 2nd, then comes the extra time, we should have won then but there seemed to be some Mysterious Force that stopped the ball going through the net. Finally came the Shootout HeartBreak.
Such rollercoaster of emotions in the space of 2 1/2 hrs.
Seriously, Football is a great sport.
Southernsun
21-06-2005, 20:38
istanbul :(
As Staci said: Such rollercoaster of emotions in the space of 2 1/2 hrs.. Well, that sums things up.
What really hurts with this defeat is that, I honestly believe we were the better side in this match - FAR BETTER SIDE!! Okay Liverpool scored 3 goals against us in 6 minutes, but in those 6 minutes were not even under pressure. They just scored on those half chances they got. Days after, the defeat still hurt, and even today thinking back, wow it REALLY hurts still.
I know there is a new chance next season, but reaching the final again is so damn difficult... :(
Rayno_acm
22-06-2005, 06:53
Heeey, stop with this bullsh!t !!!
We gotta forget the both games, I know it's not easy, but we have to.
We gotta look forward and to try to recover as much as we can. The best way to do it is to win the 2006 final in Paris :diavolo:
i choose liverpool.. coz we definitely played much better in the first half.. i mean since the first goal everything seemed to be going rith.. 3-0 up i even considered going back to study for my exam the next day!! everything was just heart breaking after, we were so close for a moment felt we even had it!
AAAAAAARGH let's get over it and move on :)
Dr Milano
23-06-2005, 12:12
Heeey, stop with this bullsh!t !!!
We gotta forget the both games, I know it's not easy, but we have to.
We gotta look forward and to try to recover as much as we can. The best way to do it is to win the 2006 final in Paris :diavolo:
well said my friend well said :5schal: :sagrin: :D
Rayno_acm
24-06-2005, 02:34
well said my friend well said :5schal: :sagrin: :D
:5ok: :5ok: :5ok:
:3band: :3band: :3band:
Dr Milano
24-06-2005, 15:06
:5ok: :5ok: :5ok:
:3band: :3band: :3band:
u r smart being upset about past matches aint gonnan change nothing
Milan3869
05-07-2005, 23:34
definitely liverpool; we were up 3-0 and loose in penalties. whole freakin season down the drain.
Dr Milano
06-07-2005, 08:54
definitely liverpool; we were up 3-0 and loose in penalties. whole freakin season down the drain.
tooo right man im pissed after that we didnt deserve to lose agains t them basta*ds
For me it has to be the Liverpool game. Not only because it was the final, but because we dominated the first half of the game, rather than the first leg. That defeat was extremely hard to swallow because there didn't seem to be any real reason for the collapse, just that anything Liverpool hit seemed to go in!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.