PDA

View Full Version : From Wembley to Istanbul


Diavolo
27-05-2005, 13:37
When Sheva missed the penalty that cost us the Champions League :mad: as all respected members of the Devilhood aswell the Milan fans that travelled to Isanbul like myself to support our team, obviuosly disappointment was high. However, personally, after the initial emptyness that filled my soul, in a matter of seconds, my drained soul :broken: guided as always by instict, reversed it's logical pattern to something else.
Pride :proud: :heart: :proud:
Within seconds, if possible, I would have entered the pitch, I would have walked to our Capitano :proud: I would have told him one word. Simple, brief and above all Felt :heart:

GRAZIE (Thank you) :heart: :proud: :heart:

Some of you may think I may have turned stupid, or making it up. In not wanting to defend myself from the accusasion of being stupid, for sure I am not making this up. It's what I really felt.

Despite our loss, I saw a team playing the most magnificient game of football conceivable in a Champion League Final :star: I saw a team that did not allow a serious threat towards our goal till Barros scored. I saw a team that conceeded 3 goals almost casually. I saw a team that gave it all, till the 120th minute, with Dudek making a number of fantastique saves that perhaps only add mysique to an evening that was not so benevolant towards us.
I saw and heard Liverpool fans cheering their team from the 2nd half till the 120th minute when their players were clearly passing the ball aroud the pitch without any offensive purpose. I saw our boys giving all they had and beyond :proud: I saw and heard Liverpool fans in the aftermatch not believing they had managed to win. I met their eyes, and eyes never lie :)
Nevertheless, congartulation to them. No bitterness :)

I could have all the reasons to be annoyed or bitter, since I travelled to Isatanbul and I can assure you that the conditions that I aswell as a number of other fans were appalling, and this is an understatement.
On the contrarary, I have never been as proud as being a Milanista as a few seconds after Sheva missed the penalty :proud:
We were incredible :shades: sometimes the incredible turns out to be overwhelming. This happened last wendsday :shades: :mad: :shades:

He who has eyes saw, withour taking away anything from Liverpool's win, we were simply beautifull :heart: I would go as far as saying that the football we played was blissed by Venus :star:

Thou canst not see one wrinkle in my brow; Mine eyes are gray and bright and quick in turning; My beauty as the spring doth yearly grow, My flesh is soft and plump, my marrow burning;
--Venus, to Adonis, in Shakespeare's poem Venus and Adonis

Technically we lost, but this game will be remembered. We will remember Paolo Maldini backheeling a ball to Seedorf deep in Liverpool territory, we will remember Kaka's almost ballerina style progessions, we will rembember the absolute fair play from our players even in the number contrevertial calls that on the pitch appeared evident.
We will rembember Paolo Maldini's grace even in defeat :proud:

We have come a long way from Wembley 1963 :proud: when 2 goals from Jose Altafini crowned us champs for the very first time :shades:
For some fans like me, we that have seen Serie B :(
I can only add that I am happy to have the priviledge of being Milanista :proud:

From Wembley to Istanbul :proud:
Grazie Milan :heart:

http://www.ultrasinside.it/concorso7/20italia/MILAN.jpg

ariel
27-05-2005, 13:51
Excellent post Diavolo ,nothing i could possibly add to this :proud:

ACMILAN1983
27-05-2005, 20:16
Good post Diavolo :)

ac_milan_foreva
27-05-2005, 21:57
i agree.... god was just not with us today.... its a shame. playing such a good game and loosing it... football is so cruel sometimes.

Diavolo
29-05-2005, 18:50
As some of you know, I am a season ticket holder, been one since I was a kid :proud: but for the years I've lived abroad, I have never failed but due to being sick or other unpostponable reasons to show up in San Siro :heart: I've lived the highs and the lows, I was one of thoese that packed the stands even when things were not that glamourous and succesfull :heart: I was in the stands when we played and lost in the last second through a Bergomi goal a Coppa Italia derby back in the early 80's when we were in 2nd division and it meant so much for us, I remember as yesterday our city rivals enyoing every second of it. I remember the years of doom when we were barely allowed to speak cause every single fan in Italy would laugh at us, I saw with my eyes 60 years old men crying when we were relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years :mad:
I remember kids going to school in tears when this happened, I remember how us Milan fans were deprived of even the right to speak, such was the embarassment we went through; it was as if every single non Milan fan was on a special mission to bash us. We were the first team to bring a Champions League to Italy back in 1963 doubled in 1969, every single fan no matter in wich stadium, school, office or bar had a moral duty to corner us in our misery :mad:
But for Franco Baresi :heart: a number of players left us, the most illustious of wich was NT player Fulvio Collovati that signed for Inter, we were defeated and humiliated :mad:
In Milano in particular, things were even worst, the Inter board had a week of feasts, with parties every single day of the week.
We stood United, we gathered in San Siro aswell as in away games in numbers :proud: Incredibly Milan fans were multiplying by the day, we felt united against everbody, we had no twinned teams but a couple, unlike Inter and Juventus, we were filling our stadium :shades: in our first years back in Serie A, prior to pay tv, in one particular season we had 70.000 plus season ticket holders :eek: a tangible sign of love faith and and hope not based on the true value of the team. Other teams had players such as Rummenigge, Platini, Paolo Rossi, Falcao or Zico, we had Luther Blissett, but we were back :proud:
Such was the love and passion that our supporters granted the team :heart: :proud: :heart: that in 1986 a then young buisnessman decided that it was time to bring some pride back to the team of working class Milano.
Then came history, We were back, this time for good :proud:
Derision was still their, but day after day, our rivals knew that something BIG was to happen :star:
The 28th of May 1989 in Bracelona, 20 years after our last, and victorious, Champions League final, the incredible happened; The Neu Camp was totally tinted in Red&Black, I was their, it was the last time my eyes were watering for my/our beloved Milan :devil:
90.000 devotees to the Devil gathered in Barcelona in the biggest migration Sports has seen :heart: :proud: :heart: all the brothers humiliated for years travelled to Barcelona with all possible means, car, bike, train, bus, boat. He whos was their, will never witness anything remotely comaparable :star: Barcelona 28th May 1989, a date that should be learnt by heart by all Milanisti. It was our resurection from doom :devil:

We are a melting pot of emotions, no other team in the last 40 plus years has been on the front pages like us decade after decade. From Nereo Rocco to Sacchi, from Fabio Capello to Ancelotti, from Maldini father to Maldini son, from Jose Altafini to Shevchenko :proud:

In 1993 we lost a Champions League Final after having won every single match leading to the final, last wendsday we lost after delivering showtime to the world :proud:
Never a defeat has been so unfortunate, never a defeat has been taken with such grace, never a defeat has been so circumstantial :proud:
You know it, they know it, I know it :proud:

Forza Milan :heart:

Still from Milan vs Steaua 28th May 1989 :proud:
http://www.sunwing.co.jp/MatchOfTheDay/gallery/sb-CampNou.jpg

Laudrup
29-05-2005, 19:43
Beautiful posting, Luciano :proud: it's great to see you of all people handle it so well.

Although feeling as proud of Milan as ever I'm still absolutely devastated about what happened :sob:

Mehdi
29-05-2005, 20:36
My God, Diavolo you cannot imagine how much your post has cheered me up! You've made me believe our greatest victories are yet to come, thank you.

Diavolo
30-05-2005, 07:21
Beautiful posting, Luciano :proud: it's great to see you of all people handle it so well.

Although feeling as proud of Milan as ever I'm still absolutely devastated about what happened :sob:

As said, no tears.
We were amazing :proud:

Diavolo
30-05-2005, 07:23
My God, Diavolo you cannot imagine how much your post has cheered me up! You've made me believe our greatest victories are yet to come, thank you.

Have you ever had any doubt? :mex:

Nadir
30-05-2005, 08:24
awesome post from a true fan ;)

devoted_dm
30-05-2005, 08:52
Diavolo: Yours are the most inspirational posts I have ever read. Thank you so much :)

Being a foreign Milan fan, I sometimes feel like I am not considered a "proper" fan, but just a glory hunter who has no real understanding of the club and Italian football.
Yet I would argue that this is not true. Milan is the team that got me interested in football in the first place, as the first time I ever saw them play was against Barcelona in the wonderful 1994 final. I was ten years old and awestruck, because I had never known that football could be played like that. In the following World Cup, I got to see the Italian team play because they were in the same group as Norway, my native country. I sympathized with Baggio when he was substituted in that match, and cheered Italy on through the tournament, and I was devastated when Baggio missed his penalty kick. I think that was the moment when I understood something vital about Italian football - that whether you're winning or losing, there is always drama involved.
I have seen evidence of this many, many times through the last 11 years. From Baggio's missed penalty kick; through Milan's temporary fall from grace in European football in the mid/late-90s; the way Italy were knocked out of Euro96; the way they lost the Euro2000 final; Milan's suprising Scudetto win in 1999; Italy vs South Korea in 2002; Milan's Champions League triumph the following season; the superb way in which we won the Scudetto the season after that, but experienced a shock defeat in La Coruna in the CL; Italy's dramatic exit from Euro2004; and this season, where we looked likely to win it all, but were robbed by fate and left with nothing to show for a magnifiecent season.

I have screamed of joy, I have cried (yes), I have defended my team against the harshest criticism, I have experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows, and I have made the journey to Milano to be at the San Siro, something that I hope to be able to do more often now that I have a new job :D In fact, I would move to Milano for Milan's sake (of course I absolutely love the city itself too), and I hope that one day I will be able to.

And fact is, I feel like a Milanista. I stood among 150 Liverpool supporters, holding our flag as we lost the final against Liverpool, paying no attention to their mockery because I knew that we were the better team, even if fate had once again been cruel to us.

And that brings me to the point of this post: We have to experience these lows to be able to appreciate the highs. We are not like Juventus, a team that wins the Scudetto every other year, but plays before empty stands. We are MILAN, and every time we win something it is an amazing experience because our history is filled with not just trophies and glory, but a fair amount of suffering as well. Imagine the feelings and the celebrations if we win the CL next season, after what happened to us this year!

We have a club and a group of players that we should be PROUD of, because they gave everything for us this year, and whether or not we have won anything, that should be enough! What more can we ask of them?

And about the foreign fan thing: I love Milan no matter what anyone says. Nobody gets to take that away from me! :dcool:

Diavolo
30-05-2005, 09:10
And about the foreign fan thing: I love Milan no matter what anyone says. Nobody gets to take that away from me! :dcool:

We are a Devilhood :devs:
having knowledge that so many Diavoletti crawl aroud the 4 corners of the Globe is not only something that makes me happy, but proud :proud:
I have the upmost respect for all of you :cool:

Forza Milan :5att:

Diavolo
30-05-2005, 09:12
awesome post from a true fan ;)

Heads up, we were awesome :star:

MingTze
30-05-2005, 18:55
Great, beautiful post Diavolo! :5ok:

There will be slings and arrows in your time of misfortune, but take that as a compliment too! Success and greatness always breed jealousy and ill will in others, unfortunately. I should know. Besides being an admirer of Milan, I've supported Bayern (from a continent away) for probably as long as Diavolo has supported Milan. Bayern grew stronger from the heartbreak of losing the CL in Barcelona in 90 seconds of madness, to come back and stand on top of Europe 2 years later. I have no doubt Milan will also be back--very soon--stronger than before!

Billy_Montreal
30-05-2005, 22:03
Diavolo's post should be a MUST READ for all Milanisti especially in this past week which has been one of the most difficult periods for Milanisti in a long time. I have had the opportunity to meet Diavolo in person and he is as proud and as supportive as a Milanista can be..truly an admirable gentleman.
Never have I defended Milan (thousands of miles away here in Montreal) and the team so much as in this past week...and at the same time I have remained PROUD of what our team stands for ...

FORZA MILAN.....OGGI PIU CHE MAI (NOW MORE THAN EVER)

Diavolo
01-06-2005, 18:03
Grazie to all of you, I feel embarassed :devs:

Seriously thanks again to all of you

I suggest learning the words and melody of the following song ;)

J'aime Paris Au Mois De Mai :cool:

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand les bourgeons renaissent
Qu'une nouvelle jeunesse
S'empare de la vieille cité
Qui se met à rayonner
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand l'hiver le délaisse
Que le soleil caresse
Ses vieux toits à peine éveillés

J'aime sentir sur les places
Dans les rues où je passe
Ce parfum de muguet que chasse
Le vent qui passe
Il me plaît à me promener
Par les rues qui s'faufilent
A travers toute la ville
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Lorsque le jour se lève
Les rues sortant du rêve
Après un sommeil très léger
Coquettes se refont une beauté
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand soudain tout s'anime
Par un monde anonyme
Heureux de voir le soleil briller

J'aime quand le vent m'apporte
Des bruits de toutes sortes
Et les potins que l'on colporte
De porte en porte
Il me plaît à me promener
Dans les rues qui fourmillent
Tout en draguant les filles
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Avec ses bouquinistes
Et ses aquarellistes
Que le printemps a ramenés
Comme chaque année le long des quais
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
La Seine qui l'arrose
Et mille petites choses
Que je ne pourrais expliquer

J'aime quand la nuit sévère
Etend la paix sur terre
Et que la ville soudain s'éclaire
De millions de lumières
Il me plaît à me promener
Contemplant les vitrines
La nuit qui me fascine
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai :bri:

Ruffian
01-06-2005, 20:56
I'm sure the players would enjoy springtime in Paris too. ;)

Billy_Montreal
01-06-2005, 21:42
I'm sure the players would enjoy springtime in Paris too. ;)

YES....they 'will'

:3band:

adnan
02-06-2005, 13:19
I read this on XT and I have to give you credit for it Diavolo, it really made me feel a lot better

Henrik
02-06-2005, 13:32
I read this on XT and I have to give you credit for it Diavolo, it really made me feel a lot better
I second that. :5schal:

Diavolo, I know how you feel about XT, why not post here amongst friends more often? :p286:

acmilan89
02-06-2005, 21:21
Great post Diavolo!!! For the whole week following the incident at Istanbul, I refused to watch or read anything that has to do with football. I did not even want to talk about the game with my friends at all, many who were Liverpool fans. But I realized that this is how this beautiful game goes.

For 18 years I have been a Milan fan and I've never experienced such a heart-pounding game in Istanbul. I was in another city for a job-related trip, and spent the whole night trying to figure out which pub or cafe would show the game. I settled for the one nearest to my hotel, established my seat by 2am with my beer ration. By 2.30am, I was swarmed with people in red-colored jerseys, the Liverpool fans have arrived. No Milan fan was in sight, and I knew instantly that I was in the wrong place. I couldn't move away coz the game was about to start.

We all know what happened throughout the game. I experienced the same situation of being 'out numbered' in 2003 when we won but I cried of joy then. When we lost this one, I weeped alone unashamely in front of the Liverpool fans, amongst strangers in another city that I've never been to. I've never felt so lonely then, amidst the cheers and screaming of Liverpool-ians. I thought to myself again and again "This can't be. This is just not possible. Why?" After 10 minutes of bowing my head in total despair, I gathered my courage and pride, and quickly got up from my seat. I started clapping my hands to cheer for the Milan players, for the good game that we played and the great season that we had. Then, I turned around and offered my handshakes to every SINGLE the Liverpool fans there, congratulating them on their victory. I can see from their expressions that they were quite amazed to see a sole, forlorn Milan fan, walking from one Liverpool fan to another uttering "congratulations" to them - with dignity.

This is Milan and we are its fans. We shall return. FORZA MILAN!!!!

Diavolo
03-06-2005, 18:43
I second that. :5schal:

Diavolo, I know how you feel about XT, why not post here amongst friends more often? :p286:

Cause we're on a mission from Hell :dumpf:
BTW, I often browse here :bri:

Diavolo
03-06-2005, 18:46
Great post Diavolo!!! For the whole week following the incident at Istanbul, I refused to watch or read anything that has to do with football. I did not even want to talk about the game with my friends at all, many who were Liverpool fans. But I realized that this is how this beautiful game goes.

For 18 years I have been a Milan fan and I've never experienced such a heart-pounding game in Istanbul. I was in another city for a job-related trip, and spent the whole night trying to figure out which pub or cafe would show the game. I settled for the one nearest to my hotel, established my seat by 2am with my beer ration. By 2.30am, I was swarmed with people in red-colored jerseys, the Liverpool fans have arrived. No Milan fan was in sight, and I knew instantly that I was in the wrong place. I couldn't move away coz the game was about to start.

We all know what happened throughout the game. I experienced the same situation of being 'out numbered' in 2003 when we won but I cried of joy then. When we lost this one, I weeped alone unashamely in front of the Liverpool fans, amongst strangers in another city that I've never been to. I've never felt so lonely then, amidst the cheers and screaming of Liverpool-ians. I thought to myself again and again "This can't be. This is just not possible. Why?" After 10 minutes of bowing my head in total despair, I gathered my courage and pride, and quickly got up from my seat. I started clapping my hands to cheer for the Milan players, for the good game that we played and the great season that we had. Then, I turned around and offered my handshakes to every SINGLE the Liverpool fans there, congratulating them on their victory. I can see from their expressions that they were quite amazed to see a sole, forlorn Milan fan, walking from one Liverpool fan to another uttering "congratulations" to them - with dignity.

This is Milan and we are its fans. We shall return. FORZA MILAN!!!!

We'll be back, don't know if next season or further on, but we'll be back :dcool:

As said, no tears but pride :proud:

shoryuken
04-06-2005, 16:13
We'll be back, don't know if next season or further on, but we'll be back :dcool:

As said, no tears but pride :proud:

We will! :stuckup: And we are indeed proud :proud:

ilgenio
04-06-2005, 23:37
As said on XT, awesome post Prez :proud: :5ok:


We will! :stuckup: And we are indeed proud :proud:

Welcome to MM Ryu :cool:

shoryuken
05-06-2005, 07:45
As said on XT, awesome post Prez :proud: :5ok:




Welcome to MM Ryu :cool:

cheers ! :5schal:

Warro Bantan
27-06-2005, 16:53
Diavolo, let me say this: I have never read a better post on this site. Never.

You have made me feel so much better after the Istanbul insanity.

Thanks, and let me add, that after we lost, (I did shake the hands of the nearest Liverpool supporter to me, then left the sportsbar)...a serious depression set in, and let me say that only now, after reading your post, has it been truly lifted.

I can now go out and buy that UCL edition of World Soccer, with Gerrard´s face on the cover...and actually read it.

Thanks again my fellow milanista...

Diavolo
09-09-2005, 13:06
As some of you know, I am a season ticket holder, been one since I was a kid :proud: but for the years I've lived abroad, I have never failed but due to being sick or other unpostponable reasons to show up in San Siro :heart: I've lived the highs and the lows, I was one of thoese that packed the stands even when things were not that glamourous and succesfull :heart: I was in the stands when we played and lost in the last second through a Bergomi goal a Coppa Italia derby back in the early 80's when we were in 2nd division and it meant so much for us, I remember as yesterday our city rivals enyoing every second of it. I remember the years of doom when we were barely allowed to speak cause every single fan in Italy would laugh at us, I saw with my eyes 60 years old men crying when we were relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years :mad:
I remember kids going to school in tears when this happened, I remember how us Milan fans were deprived of even the right to speak, such was the embarassment we went through; it was as if every single non Milan fan was on a special mission to bash us. We were the first team to bring a Champions League to Italy back in 1963 doubled in 1969, every single fan no matter in wich stadium, school, office or bar had a moral duty to corner us in our misery :mad:
But for Franco Baresi :heart: a number of players left us, the most illustious of wich was NT player Fulvio Collovati that signed for Inter, we were defeated and humiliated :mad:
In Milano in particular, things were even worst, the Inter board had a week of feasts, with parties every single day of the week.
We stood United, we gathered in San Siro aswell as in away games in numbers :proud: Incredibly Milan fans were multiplying by the day, we felt united against everbody, we had no twinned teams but a couple, unlike Inter and Juventus, we were filling our stadium :shades: in our first years back in Serie A, prior to pay tv, in one particular season we had 70.000 plus season ticket holders :eek: a tangible sign of love faith and and hope not based on the true value of the team. Other teams had players such as Rummenigge, Platini, Paolo Rossi, Falcao or Zico, we had Luther Blissett, but we were back :proud:
Such was the love and passion that our supporters granted the team :heart: :proud: :heart: that in 1986 a then young buisnessman decided that it was time to bring some pride back to the team of working class Milano.
Then came history, We were back, this time for good :proud:
Derision was still their, but day after day, our rivals knew that something BIG was to happen :star:
The 28th of May 1989 in Bracelona, 20 years after our last, and victorious, Champions League final, the incredible happened; The Neu Camp was totally tinted in Red&Black, I was their, it was the last time my eyes were watering for my/our beloved Milan :devil:
90.000 devotees to the Devil gathered in Barcelona in the biggest migration Sports has seen :heart: :proud: :heart: all the brothers humiliated for years travelled to Barcelona with all possible means, car, bike, train, bus, boat. He whos was their, will never witness anything remotely comaparable :star: Barcelona 28th May 1989, a date that should be learnt by heart by all Milanisti. It was our resurection from doom :devil:

We are a melting pot of emotions, no other team in the last 40 plus years has been on the front pages like us decade after decade. From Nereo Rocco to Sacchi, from Fabio Capello to Ancelotti, from Maldini father to Maldini son, from Jose Altafini to Shevchenko :proud:

In 1993 we lost a Champions League Final after having won every single match leading to the final, last wendsday we lost after delivering showtime to the world :proud:
Never a defeat has been so unfortunate, never a defeat has been taken with such grace, never a defeat has been so circumstantial :proud:
You know it, they know it, I know it :proud:

Forza Milan :heart:

Still from Milan vs Steaua 28th May 1989 :proud:
http://www.sunwing.co.jp/MatchOfTheDay/gallery/sb-CampNou.jpg

The current lack of morale of a number of Milanisti, has encouraged me to refresh this old post of mine :)

We are Milan :angf:

Haroon
09-09-2005, 13:12
We'll make it a season to remember hopefully. History beckons, glory beckons and the Party in Paris beckons. :dcool:

Diavolo
09-09-2005, 13:15
We'll make it a season to remember hopefully. History beckons, glory beckons and the Party in Paris beckons. :dcool:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Haroon
09-09-2005, 13:23
:eek: :eek: :eek:

1993 - Unexpected loss to Marseille after dominating them totally.

1994 - World Cup year ... we win it back.


2005 - Unexpected loss to Liverpool after dominating them totally

2006 - World Cup Year.

Am I on crack? :stoned: Or is it our destiny? :firedev:

Diavolo
09-09-2005, 13:33
1993 - Unexpected loss to Marseille after dominating them totally.

1994 - World Cup year ... we win it back.


2005 - Unexpected loss to Liverpool after dominating them totally

2006 - World Cup Year.

Am I on crack? :stoned: Or is it our destiny? :firedev:

Let's put it this way, I'm already on Heaven Eleven if both Inter and Juve don't make it to Paris :firedev:
Regarding us, let's start learning the lyrics of this wonderful song :cool:

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand les bourgeons renaissent
Qu'une nouvelle jeunesse
S'empare de la vieille cité
Qui se met à rayonner
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand l'hiver le délaisse
Que le soleil caresse
Ses vieux toits à peine éveillés

J'aime sentir sur les places
Dans les rues où je passe
Ce parfum de muguet que chasse
Le vent qui passe
Il me plaît à me promener
Par les rues qui s'faufilent
A travers toute la ville
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Lorsque le jour se lève
Les rues sortant du rêve
Après un sommeil très léger
Coquettes se refont une beauté
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Quand soudain tout s'anime
Par un monde anonyme
Heureux de voir le soleil briller

J'aime quand le vent m'apporte
Des bruits de toutes sortes
Et les potins que l'on colporte
De porte en porte
Il me plaît à me promener
Dans les rues qui fourmillent
Tout en draguant les filles
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai

J'aime Paris au mois de mai
Avec ses bouquinistes
Et ses aquarellistes
Que le printemps a ramenés
Comme chaque année le long des quais
J'aime Paris au mois de mai
La Seine qui l'arrose
Et mille petites choses
Que je ne pourrais expliquer

J'aime quand la nuit sévère
Etend la paix sur terre
Et que la ville soudain s'éclaire
De millions de lumières
Il me plaît à me promener
Contemplant les vitrines
La nuit qui me fascine
J'aime, j'aime Paris au mois de mai :firedev: :5att: :firedev:

Haroon
09-09-2005, 14:00
Yes, everybody likes Paris in the month of May. :p017: :5ok:

Giovanni
09-09-2005, 17:40
I've read this thread just now and i must give you my congrats Presidente although not surprised about the quality of your posts at all, which is a standard for sure.

I've never managed to wath the tape of Istanbul again yet, just few minutes, as the pain was too high.

I couldn't afford to go to Istanbul, but i was in Piazza del Duomo, and it was terrible. My greatest regret, now , except the fact we lost a cup practically won, is that Maldini scored in that final and it would have been as icing the cake of an immense career.


But this is the time to think about the future: we have Gila, kakà and other AMAZING PLAYERS. We are Milan and everyone, after Istanbul, know how graciously we take the defeat and that we are either an amazing team on the picth and outside it.

Diavolo
10-09-2005, 19:50
Grazie Giovanni for your kind words :)

Now that September has arrived, and but for Sicily and Palermo;) the weather is cooling :rone: after having beaten Siena, let's now focus on our CL game vs Fener.

Forza Milan :3band:

diavolo sono io
10-09-2005, 19:58
I couldn't afford to go to Istanbul, but i was in Piazza del Duomo, and it was terrible.

My wife and I flew to Milano just to join in the festivities but after a first half al settimo cielo, the place became a morgue in the second half. I too still the pain....... :sigh: could not even read La Gazzetta dello sport the next day only until 2 days ago.

Diavolo
10-09-2005, 20:05
My wife and I flew to Milano just to join in the festivities but after a first half al settimo cielo, the place became a morgue in the second half. I too still the pain....... :sigh: could not even read La Gazzetta dello sport the next day only until 2 days ago.

Heads up, we are Milan :firedev:

bosanac
10-09-2005, 21:59
....



Couldn't possibly imagine how it felt when Liverpool lifted up that trophy. Milan had it in the palm of their hands. Don't worry about it too much though, Milan is Milan. You guys had lots of success, and it will follow. I'm a Fenerbahce fan. I'm looking forward for our teams to crash with eachother.


:proud:

Billy_Montreal
10-09-2005, 23:27
[I]J'aime Paris au mois de mai

Bien sur Presidente...

en plus, Paris va etre chaud au mois de mai...CHAUD COME L'INFER :firedev:

Diavolo
12-09-2005, 16:38
Bien sur Presidente...

en plus, Paris va etre chaud au mois de mai...CHAUD COME L'INFER :firedev:

Let's say agreable :cool:

Tomorrow the European adventure starts again
Forza Milan :devil:

Diavolo
12-09-2005, 16:43
Couldn't possibly imagine how it felt when Liverpool lifted up that trophy. Milan had it in the palm of their hands. Don't worry about it too much though, Milan is Milan. You guys had lots of success, and it will follow. I'm a Fenerbahce fan. I'm looking forward for our teams to crash with eachother.


:proud:

Having tried to give the picture of my personal feelings in the opening posts of this thread, our adventure in the CL resumes tomorrow, obviously I hope in the best of fashions :hopefull:

Pleased to meet you :)

Diavolo
12-09-2005, 16:59
Almost forgot Ruff ;)

http://fdl.it/image/foto/02-03/02-03_juve-milan_cl1.jpg

bosanac
12-09-2005, 21:04
http://digilander.libero.it/ashevchenko/images/Inter_-_Milan_0_-_6.jpg


http://www.fenerbahcecumhuriyeti.org/6-0_Ozel/6-0_1024x768.jpg



xtratime?

:v103:

Billy_Montreal
13-09-2005, 11:23
Let's say agreable :cool:

Tomorrow the European adventure starts again
Forza Milan :devil:

The adventure begins ... and so...

:stuckup:

ultrAs_of_Gs
13-09-2005, 17:22
We are waiting u to Istanbul

Heyyy Milan Supporters,u can stay at our homes(Galatasaray supporters) and we can kill f.cking fenerbahçe supporters...

Diavolo
13-09-2005, 18:09
The adventure begins ... and so...

:stuckup:

And this time you ain't fooling me to any more Toronto Style Expresso :stuckup:

Forza Milan
Riconquistiamola :devil:

Vadim
08-11-2005, 16:43
Yes, everybody likes Paris in the month of May. :p017: :5ok:

if things keep going like this ther wont be a paris to play in. :(

Diavolo
13-05-2007, 06:54
....on our way to Athens :dcool:

Forza Milan :3band:

Ghost
13-05-2007, 07:12
....on our way to Athens :dcool:

Forza Milan :3band:

You know what all thet pain, all that hate and anger could easy be ended if we take that trophy come 23rd of May, I think its a chance of a lifetime to be facing Liverpool, if we do this trus me im speechless I cant even finish off the line, if we do this im gonna...

Paddy De Nagan
13-05-2007, 10:00
You know what all thet pain, all that hate and anger could easy be ended if we take that trophy come 23rd of May, I think its a chance of a lifetime to be facing Liverpool, if we do this trus me im speechless I cant even finish off the line, if we do this im gonna...

I cursed Dida in that Istanbul. If we win, I'll be happy for him, and proud of him

Pireloke
13-05-2007, 10:34
This is the only shot we will ever get at humiliating the team that humiliated us in 2005... let's not blow it.

Ghost
13-05-2007, 11:41
This is the only shot we will ever get at humiliating the team that humiliated us in 2005... let's not blow it.

Exactly.....

Diavolo
19-05-2007, 07:08
I'ìs not the first time I post the following, I corrected to my best the number of errors made during the first translation.
Ideally we are all sitting in front of this bastard of a shrink ;)

Forza Milan :heart:

----------------------------------------------------
From the book "Rossoneri Comunque"

It's all Castellini's fault (by Umberto Nigri)


I'm sitting in front of this bastard of a shrink and my mind goes back to where and when it all started. He asks me my name, age, occupation: I answer in detail, taking my time. Whilst telling him "I'm a sports journalist" my mind goes back to that day - Me and my brother are playing ping-pong, the radio is switched on, Milan is trailing by 2 goals away to Cesena, it's the last game of season 1981-82.....
I think I've been waiting for this moment for the past 20 years. I've chosen the best psychiatrist in Rome, and now I'm sitting in front of him, telling him that as a kid I used to play ping-pong, that that ping-pong is a beautiful game, though lately new rules have polluted the essence of the game, but this is not the POINT. The Point is that on the 16th May 1982 I was playing ping-pong so I did not have to think about anything else, I did not have to think about my loved Milan, that is losing 2-0, and if nothing happens will be relegated in Serie B because Genoa is winning 1-0 in Napoli and a damn miracle is needed: ergo Milan winning and Genoa losing. The miracle suddenly becomes reality, Joe Jordan scores and Romano equalises, and now even Napoli is drawing. No, Napoli is now winning!!! Back to Cesena: Antonelli (Milan player) advances on the right, he dribbles two players, and shoots a "bomb"!! Enrico Ameri on the legendary live radio broadcast "Tutto il calcio minuto per minuto" suddenly bursts: "Grandissimo goal di Antonelli" (amazing goal scored by Antonelli), from the main Radio Rai studios the main anchorman Mr Bortoluzzi (a master) immediately updates placings and states: "At this moment and time Milan is safe"- I'm happy, aware that I will never be this happy in all my life. I'm thirteen I scream from the bottom of my lungs: "Siamo salvi" (We're safe). Whilst screaming, I think that my life will be always beautiful with lovely things happening on a daily basis, that in the end justice always triumphs, always.
In the mean time Milan's game has ended, Napoli vs Cesena unfortunately not. Castellini (Napoli's GK) "gifts" a corner kick, lthe following day described on "Gazzetta dello Sport" as a GIFT. Genoa takes their corner kick and Faccenda, that had entered the pitch only seven minutes earlier, scores his first Serie A goal through a header. :sob:
Later, duringin the press conference, he tells reporters, he had already missed 7 goals that season, and that this one I could not miss, cause it meant Genoa in Serie A, and relegation for Milan :deress:

Now I'm 33 and sitting in fron of Mr. B (the initial of the shrinks name that obviously I will not name but does really exist) wearing my "good suit", the one I weared during my College Graduation day, the one I only wear when somebody gets married, because this is D Day, a day I've been waiting upon for the last 20 years. 20 long years to finally find revenge from that bastard of Castellini that did it on purpose. I'm positive about this. Nobody can state the contrarary. Anyway Mister B does really exist, matter of fact he's telling me that within any individual you will find a childhood trauma, though I'm advantaged cause I "know" exactly what caused my trauma, though he evaluates it as strange one; objectively strange.
Bla bla bla bla bla bla, he describes my trauma in detail... yes Mister B does exist and proof of that is the 110 Euros he $crewed me.
After a little while with firm voice, looking directly in his eyes I say: "I'm 33 years old Mr. B ,that day I stopped believing that my life would be beautiful and that lovely things would happen to me and that in this World it's boolocks justice always triumphs, and, in the end, there will always be somebody ready to $crew you".
Mister B fails understand, he evaluates that my personal story is well detailed, but still does not understand, unless, he says, you don't think that Castellini did it on purpose.:eek: Wow you got it in the end, sure he did it on purpose, have you ever seen a goalkeeper "deliver" the ball backwards instead of forward? Mr B admits he has never seen such thing.
Mr B adds, "even if Catellini did it on purpose, we must understand, now that we're aware that you think that Luciano Catellini purpousely $crewed you that day, and that from that day onwards you believe there is no day in which you haven't been $crewed, like you've been telling me, we must now try to understand: how all this affects life, even though let me frankly advise you: It would have been far better if your life was affected by something more important, something like seeing a snake, a dying animal, assisting a relative during his last moments, being dumped by a girlfriend, something objectively more important than Castellini".

I don't answer, and think that I well aware that in life there are things more important than Castellini, for sure! But what can I do if I've been asked to write a story on Milan, and that the first thing that came to my mind was Luciano Castellini? What can I do, if when overview my entire life the first thing that "comes" to my mind is Milan :heart: and when thinking of Milan, I recall only sad or insignificant moment like Pasinato playing with us in Serie B, Stefano Chiodi that misses a goal, Gianni Rivera speaking to US prior to Milan vs Bologna instructing all the tifosi to move back cause otherwise we'll lose the match 2-0?
My mind goes back to Beppe Viola (a Milan fan journalist that died young), and his "Domenica Sportiva" match reports, cause Beppe Viola was the best, and you would not admit that either dear Mr B; instead of feeding me all your bull$hit: "We must understand Mr Umberto Nigri if you are suffering from schizophrenic delirium and consequently, self inflicting delirium or ..........."

I stop listening to him, my mind wonders back to my "sad" thoughts, to Marco Van Basten, his farewell day, that BTW is the saddest day in Red&Black history. I recall every second of that "goodbye": Van Basten running in his jeans, reindeer jerkin and pink shirt in tears. Milan and Juventus lined up at midfield, Van Basten lifts his right arm, Van Basten taking a looooong breath, Costacurta passing in front of him, Billy has his tong out to prevent him from crying. Van Basten shakes hands with Collina, actually it's Collina that takes his hands in his own. Close up of Marco's eyes filled with tears, the speaker announces his name, supporters give him a standing ovation, his last. The close-up lasts twelve seconds.... I'm nearly crying in front of this coglione (scumbag) that is telling me that I could be suffering of some strange mental problem. I don't understand, I cannot understand, I'm going to cry. I've seen these images thousands of times, and every single time it's the same. Marco Van Basten is now running across the pitch, his arm up in the sky, they are joined together for a final applause, the cameraman backs up. Van Basten "becomes" smaller, he's in centre field, it's the most beautiful of images; I'm about to cry, I'm crying. Luckily Mister B is so taken away by his diagnosis to even notice, he's saying that maybe it's not schizophrenic delirium but something else, and starts telling me a story regarding his childhood.... Van Basten is standing in midfield and I'm with him, close-up bellissimo. If a movie, shortly credits would be a must, slow motion and moving music too. I'm now openly crying, I can't stop, my mind goes back to the finale of Martin Scorsese's film "The age of innocence", when the camera pans up to the window of "her": Delen Olenska-Michelle Pfeiffer, and Neuland Archer-Daniel Day Lewis is down below, in the middle of the "shot", small and far away, just like Marco Van Basten a second ago. At that point Ted arrives and says "he's on the third floor", together they look up and Ted says "It must be the one with curtains"
Him: I think I'll sit for a moment (he sits)
Ted: Don't you want to come?
Him: I don't know, Ted you go, maybe I'll follow
Ted: What should I tell her?
Him: Don't you always have something to say?
Ted: I'll just say your old style a you prefer walking three flights of stairs that taking the elevator.
Him: (pause) just tell her I'm old style

Close up of Him, close-up on Her banging window, a sun beam strikes a reflection of Her; the camera is back on Him, his eyes are shut, in the background the Ocean appears, and Her face is upon it, she's smiling, Marco Van Basten crying...
Whilst all this is "happening" this "********" of Mister B is insensitive, and informs me that he no longer goes to the dentist due to happenings occured in his childhood that had something to do with a bridge swept away by mud whilst going to the dentist.
In that precise moment I stopped listening. I understand what he was trying to tell me with this story, cause it even happened to me to associate a word with a sense for ever. That word is ANKLE. An anckle injury was the reason Marco Van Basten stopped playing. :scream:

At this point Mister B takes a long breath possibly meaning I'm a desperate case. Mr B then tells me that living like this is objectively "hard work"- he also adds "due to the fact that you think you are continuously conned by people, therefore trust nobody, implies a level of attention within me focused upon multi-stratus reality so:
A) Attention towards real time
B) attention towards elaborating what has just happened C) tsearch for reassurance, in particular from people you deeply care for".

After a brief but indded instence moment, Mister B adds that my "case" is fascinating especially for him because he is studying at present the "theory of chaos", and would like to know if in these 20 years I've ever thought about Luciano Cartellini, and if (I will quote Mr B's words) "Do you associate the Castellino Association with Castellini or Faccenda with Faccendieri". Whilst I try my best not to laugh, thinking that this Mister B is a complete imbecile, out of politeness I answer no. "I have never associated the image of Castellini to anything, for sure not the Catellino Association, that coincidently don't even know what the fUk is, same for Faccenda and Faccendieri"- So while I'm answering on Castellini, once again my mind goes back to Van Basten and to all the "sad" Milan days. I then ask Mister B, why does it happen, why. Every time I look back to my life and everything that is closely related to it, even on my glorious Football team, sad things come to my mind. Why?

Mr B seems indeed stroked by this question, and starts reflecting upon it, at least this it what appears to me. Suddenly he speaks out and says: "This is the point, the fundamental issue at stake" because .... "Now that 20 years have passed and whatever was the trauma that caused your distrust upon things, even if you think that it's all Castellini's fault, even admitting that Napoli's goalkeeper, former Torino Scudetto winner, known by everybody as IL GIAGUARO (The Jaguar), due to his feline ability (I forgot to mention that Mr B is very passionate about Football), even if, IL GIAGUARO long ago fvked up, this fvck up should not ruin your life and you should stop hurting yourself, furthermore, if you want me to tell you the full story, today you don't even have a valid motive having a President like Silvio Berlusconi, with all that comes along with a man like that"
At this stage Mr B is out of control: "explain to me how on earth can you support a team that has a man like Silvio Berlusconi as president"

I interrupt Mr B and tell him that it's about time everybody should stop on this Berlusconi story, that BTW you can offend as many times you wish; their should be a halt on everybody telling us that you can't support Milan cause Berlusconi is our President, as if he "invented" Milan, and anyway Dear Mr B all you say shows that you've never read Macomb Lowry's "Beneath the Volcano" a brilliant book, a book that narrates how you can love somebody in spite of everything.
What gives you the right dear Mr B, of accusing us Milanisti of supporting a team that has Berlusconi as president; what right, dear Mr B and all the others, do you have saying this to US. US, that have seen Marco Van Basten in tears, US that have suffered Luciano Catellini being relegated in Serie B for his fault, with our chins up.
Our Cousins the Interisti, would have actedin opposte fashion through mourning and accusations. Not US, we were indeed relegated but the following season we were in San Siro giving our unconditioned "love" to IL MILAN, in 60.000, in 70.000 like when we cheered a goal vs mighty Cavese and a late equalizer agaists Catania, or, "goal formidabile" by Walter Alfredo Novellino in a match against Spal. A rear header, scored in a horizontal position, 20 centimetres from the ground- During those sad days I was in THE STADIUM (San Siro) , happy, again, I travelled 1000 KM with my friend Ruggero, just to see Milan playing Cavese. Ruggero and I were born in a $hithole called Cerignola, a place were when a team wins a championship regardless of it's "division", that day everything turns wild, always. But I love that $hithole cause it's the place were I was born, just as I love Milan, always.

And so Mr B, finally: I really don't care if you don't understand, I care preserving the memory of Ruggero and me, embracing after Novellino's goal, happy to the very extreme. What I really care about is that those whom did not "live" the Castellini drama, may read this story and understand what it really means being MILANISTA.
We take **** from nobody

http://www.davideg.it/images/Rossoneri%20comunque.jpg

Forza Milan :heart: