View Full Version : What other forums do you visit?
I used to visit MM in the past every day but have been busy lately, I'll try to improve my activity in here.
But what other forums except MM do u visit?
I myself am a member of Xtratime and Soccervision. I think everyone heard of Xtratime before.
Soccervision on the other hand isn't very known around the net but it's a forum I created a while ago and which is increasing in activity very fast, we have fans joining from places all over the world. But we lack Milanfans, only me, Franco and Ilda are the active ones (both of them are members here) and most of the posters there are Englsih and I'd like to change that and that's why I'm looking from fans outside England to start joining more.
http://www.soccervision.co.uk/forum
Here is the link, I am Adnan there and if you need any help just give me a hint.
We have a lot of interesting things out there: a babes forum for example, a fantasy football game, a SV FM team and much much more ...
Thanks for your time :)
ACMILAN1983
01-06-2005, 14:12
I don't visit any forums beside this one anymore (probably explains the high post count :tong: ).
Ilda, as in Nona?? I hope she comes back here, I used to like her posts.
After I cut all ties with XT (once upon a very long time ago, the guy who created this place also created XT and I was present at the birth but it's a long tale), I no longer post at any other forums. I have A) no need to and B) no time to!!! :5schal:
Jan, the guy who suddently disapeared without a tray ... or did you hear anything from him later? :)
I visit forum on acmilan-online and teen.co.ba forum...
Btw welcome back Adnan...
I find it moderately funny to tease Interistas at XT when I have some extra time on my hands ;)
ehm only www.mahjoob.com ... its a jordanian community... only im not a member i only read thru
sehnsucht79
01-06-2005, 23:24
Imma proud member of XT, one of the best forums in my opinion but I rarely post there now, no time.
And I cannot live without Juventuz's forum.
I also once joined roma-addict but it got boring once they were in the bottom half of serie a :yawn:
Welcome back Adnan :tong:
Well, I can not tell you all forums where I have my account. cuz it is impossibel :D, though I can tell where do I post most frequently, it's MM, and local football forum www.eurofootball.lt/forum. I also use to come and post in XT sometimes. I am also a memeber of yer forum, Adnan. Laziofever, Roma Addict and juvetuz members have an opportunity to read my post too.
Jan, the guy who suddently disapeared without a tray ... or did you hear anything from him later? :)
Let me fill you in as best I can! After Jan disappeared for over a year he contacted me last summer I think it was. He's been in quite a pickle with this relationship he moved to Germany to be in, has ended up with barely a dime to his name and from what he told me the chick he was involved with screwed him over royally. He had decided to become active online again, but chose to go to XT instead of coming here. Hmmmm.... This bothered me to quite an extent b/c he always swore to me that MM was his first priority, etc., etc. When I questioned his decision, he sent me a very long and rambling reply which I only skimmed b/c it made me so angry. I don't know if he's active at XT, I don't know what contact he has with "those people" or if he's even still online these days.
As far as I'm concerned he abandoned us here a long time ago, to the point of having no intention of renewing our domain which would have meant MM would have simply vanished 2 years ago. I bought the domain before it expired and put it all in my name, and at about the same time we did some updating here, which Jan objected to, for whatever reason. He has nothing to do with us yet he wanted to be in on the plans we were working on, and unfortunately for him...for us...whatever, however you want to look at it, I'd had enough of waiting for him to make decisions and gave my blessings to those who were working on the new logo and the upgrades. When it comes to stuff like that, I don't like to wait around.
So where we stand now is...Jan objected to our upgrades, he gave me the total run-around when it was discovered that we needed to renew our vBB license, and last I knew he went to XT instead of here, and the MM domain is now mine. I'll let you draw your own conclusions!! Oh yeah, about the vBB license, the run-around he gave me was that both sites had permanent licenses but of course they were in his name and something about we hadn't contacted him about it....which is a totally rich excuse b/c he is UN-contactable--I have no email address or anything else for him! I tried to encourage him to come here and become a regular again but he chose otherwise. If someone who posts at XT wants to try to PM him, go right ahead. My email address that he has is expiring in July and I no longer use ICQ so....as much as I'd like to see him return here, I have my doubts it'll ever happen!
PS--if you think that was a long explanation, you should hear the whole tale!!!
I can tell you that this Jan was given some sort of "consultant" title at XT. I have no idea what he does as a consultant, or even if he does anything, but he's not posting. I've only read a long, confused, rambling explanation of his saga; after that, silence as far as I know.
It's a good thing you were around to make decisions, Debs, because XT was offline for some time after the host cut it off for non-payment of bills. The domain name expired at about the same time, I think. They had a lot of problems getting XT back up because Jan still owned the name (and owed the money!) and they couldn't find him. That's why the name was changed from .com to .org in the first place.
That's all I remember from the long explanations and posts. :) Conclusion: sometimes it's better just to have someone around who'll take charge and get things done.
PS--if you think that was a long explanation, you should hear the whole tale!!!
Let it Rip, we love tales over here. :bright:
I can tell you that this Jan was given some sort of "consultant" title at XT. I have no idea what he does as a consultant, or even if he does anything, but he's not posting. I've only read a long, confused, rambling explanation of his saga; after that, silence as far as I know.
It's a good thing you were around to make decisions, Debs, because XT was offline for some time after the host cut it off for non-payment of bills.
And all I can tell you is that when I was in contact with one person from there, this person continually asked me if I thought that if Jan did return if everything would then be just fine with XT. It wasn't, obviously, since they had to rescue it. As for his title, I think that was to flatter him, but I'm guessing it's made no difference or little difference in his situation!!
Actually XT went offline a couple times, the first time being what some of us who were in admin there at the time the Great Crash...it happened in September and it lasted nearly a week. During that time, several of us became more convinced we needed to create a place and yes, it meant breaking away from XT b/c of all the problems. Jan's absence has caused alot of headaches for alot more people than just myself. It also showed alot of us that no ONE person should have to shoulder the costs involved in the hosting. We can only guess how much Jan's debt actually is!!! :p157:
ACMILAN1983
02-06-2005, 11:58
I just have to compliment you Debs as this place is far better than XT imo and I have been reading both since they both started up. :)
I just have to compliment you Debs as this place is far better than XT imo and I have been reading both since they both started up. :)
It's true, but we need more regular posters, it will be more fun then. :uhm:
I had no idea Jan returned to XT but I have to admit I'm not very active there and he probably neither.
I had just joined MM after the problems with Jan had been solved if I remember correctly and this was actually the first forum I joined. I remember coming across this place by google, reading the posts and trying to post something of my own with no succes, untill I realised I had to register first :D
This was my home for many months but I lost my internet at home for a few weeks and when I installed it again I wasn't really much bothered about forums, I wanted to come back many times but it's not the same anymore, the people I was very close to disapeared and there are completely new faces in here now ... but I guess I just have to give you guys a chance :tong:
It seems to be a way of life in cyberspace, adnan; people come and go all the time. Still, I think there's a good mix of old and new posters here! :5schal:
And all I can tell you is that when I was in contact with one person from there, this person continually asked me if I thought that if Jan did return if everything would then be just fine with XT. It wasn't, obviously, since they had to rescue it. As for his title, I think that was to flatter him, but I'm guessing it's made no difference or little difference in his situation!!
Actually XT went offline a couple times, the first time being what some of us who were in admin there at the time the Great Crash...it happened in September and it lasted nearly a week. During that time, several of us became more convinced we needed to create a place and yes, it meant breaking away from XT b/c of all the problems. Jan's absence has caused alot of headaches for alot more people than just myself. It also showed alot of us that no ONE person should have to shoulder the costs involved in the hosting. We can only guess how much Jan's debt actually is!!! :p157:
and what is razoruk's role in this? isnt he also the moderator here?
Andrew was my rock during an extremely stressful time at XT when I literally took over all of Jan's duties....only Jan preferred not to tell anyone that was my role, hence why things were so stressful. Andrew and I, at least as I look at it, lead the group that was the most concerned aobut XT's existence, about what would happen to all of our posters there if the place vanished, etc., etc. It's very possible that no one can understand how totally helpless I felt being Jan's replacement but beign totally helpless in preventing the series of crashes that the site went thru and knowing our posters had no idea what was going on and no place to go.
Andrew has the title of admin here so he has access to a couple private forums where we can discuss the future of MM, the upgrades and so on. He doesn't post here very much and I don't think he's ever even used his admin "powers" here--that's what Rez and I do. Just in case you don't realize it, XT is no longer our "sister" site; that falls to Final Football and right now we're discussing a couple options concerning that site!
wow... i never knew that a forum like this can be considered a 'business'
this is the first time i really was interested in reading a series of long posts :D
wow... i never knew that a forum like this can be considered a 'business'
I don't think a forum is a business in the sense of making money, but it needs to be organized and managed properly. If at all possible, of course (referring not to MM but to current troubles at XT :D ).
I also don't think of a forum as an actual business in the sense of making money, but certainly in the sense of drawing in people and keeping them interested and returning. Unfortunately if you want a forum to run properly you have to put money into a decent server, otherwise it would be very slow and people would not like it. That's part of the business end of things. then you have to deal with things like to software for the forums and that usually means some sort of license, and then getting the upgrades, and the domain needs to be kept up--all of that stuff costs $$,tho I think we've done pretty well in keeping our costs as low as we can and have been able to spread out costs among several owners. My own role here has changed alot recently; I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, but still keep an eye on the way htings are going. Rezag should be given a huge pat on the back for all the work he does here b/c he has really picked up the slack. I'd still like to see some people step up to the plate and help do some more work on the site, and mainly what we'd need would be someone to oversee such a project. Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with how things just keep rolling along here. We've always been a tight-knit community and we've always had a good level of activity.
In the coming weeks or months, since we are talking aobut it...it seems that something is going to have to happen with Final Football as Andrew no longer wishes to maintain it and is looking for new owners. No one there has stepped up, so we are talking aobut some sort of merger of them, FF, into us, MM. We'd definitely be the main forum, for lack of any better way to explain it right now. Traffic there has not been good except in a few forums, so we've been talking about what can be done. As always, we'll be keeping you posted and as always, we're open to any ideas and comments about what we can do!!!
sehnsucht79
03-06-2005, 06:43
Well Juventuz has always been my home but trouble is there are too many members sometimes (believe it or not) and sometimes you lose that, I dont know, homey-feeling.
Theres just something bout XT and their posters. Always entertaining stuff. My fav Milanista poster at XT is Luigi Vampa :D
It's true, but we need more regular posters, it will be more fun then. :uhm:
You're still alive? :p146:
You're still alive? :p146:
and Kicking. :hammer:
Ohh that's a gross avatar, KhRiS! :de3:
Ohh that's a gross avatar, KhRiS! :de3:
Anything for You Debs. :gonova:
ACMILAN1983
04-06-2005, 06:44
Thats a hilarious avatar :D
and Kicking. :hammer:
Hehe I remember you were gone for a long period, some assumed you went pillaging in Iraq during the invasion :tong:
Hehe I remember you were gone for a long period, some assumed you went pillaging in Iraq during the invasion :tong:
no, he was hiding out at Tora Bora. ;)
Man they Kept me in Guantanemo Bay for so Long, finally they let me out, it was really a very painful ordeal. :stupid:
Torture be removal of MM access rights :(
Torture be removal of MM access rights :(
Mesage from Iraq. :p146:
u mean guantanamo :5drunk:
Mesage from Iraq. :p146:
Again a funny pic :D
But I seriously worry about the American liberation/occupation of Iraq if the benchmark for safety is Neverland....
Again a funny pic :D
But I seriously worry about the American liberation/occupation of Iraq if the benchmark for safety is Neverland....
atleast there is a benchmark, :diablo:
it's pretty sad there, I am mulling over the fact if I should go to iraq in the next few days, new very good business proposition. :devf:
Graeme C
10-06-2005, 13:41
hahaha!!
im going to email that to my mates, thats pretty funny!!!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.