PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Confederations Cup


rae
14-06-2005, 16:16
:u56:

I am cheering for latin americans [Brazil, Mexico and Argentina] :stuckup:

Sheva Milan fan
14-06-2005, 16:32
hmm yeah, Brazil probably comes with the strongest squad.
And Argentina tries with many of their young wilds, who probably
are keen to show their abilities.

Another insteresting prospect is certainly how Germany will come along
with their "new-reformed" team and tactics.

Mexico, hmm.. always interesting to watch them, they can very well be
the "surprise team", if you can call a team with Mexicos ranking like that, of the tournament.

For Australia this is a very important tournament, coz they play 2 important matches every 5th yeah, and that's in the world qualifiers knock out round
against the 5th South American country. Countrys like Tuvalu, American Samoa and Fiji don't make to match resistance.. huh

Greece say that the'll like to play well, but I would rather think that they got more worries about the qualifiyng in their heads then about the Conf-cup.

Japan. Yeah they managed the qualy, so hopefully we will se some really good asian footboll at the tournament. Although they have quality players, I don't think it will reach the whole way.. :rollani:

well well.. haven't mentioned Tunisia, ;d I don't know much about them
so probably anyone can tell me. Know that they got a former brazilian striker who's pretty good, plays in Ligue 1 ? And the also got another of the top scorers in the Ligue 1..

MATNAT
15-06-2005, 22:03
ive just coloccini bamboozled by some "great" tunisian forward....

now why did we ever let him go?!

i think brazil will win to avenge there defeat at the hands of argentina

Sheva Milan fan
16-06-2005, 15:52
Brazil - Greece 3-0..
any match comments ? I'm in ahurry know, on the way out,
but will write mine tomorrow, and hope to read some good
views of the game

/SMF

Franco6
17-06-2005, 08:59
Brazil and Argentina seems to be the strongest

vickirin
17-06-2005, 09:23
Don't forget the mighty Mexicans :D :firedev:

MIRZA
17-06-2005, 11:53
Brazil has mighty squad, I saw their last night game against Greece, they were great. Juninho's goal was excellent...

I support Tunisia and Mexico, i hope that one of them will play atleast in semi finals...

rae
17-06-2005, 12:01
My teams are going straight without dropping any points :D

However I think that Argentina will face Brasil in the final and Mexico will clash with Deutschland in small final. :tong:

Vamos Latinos Vamos :de3:

Dr Milano
17-06-2005, 12:24
My teams are going straight without dropping any points :D

However I think that Argentina will face Brasil in the final and Mexico will clash with Deutschland in small final. :tong:

Vamos Latinos Vamos :de3:
Come on GERMANY IM AN ITALY SUPPORTER BUT EVER SICE THEY ARENT IN IT GERMANY IS MY TEAM THEY R THE ONLY EUROPEAN

Dr Milano
17-06-2005, 12:25
Come on GERMANY IM AN ITALY SUPPORTER BUT EVER SICE THEY ARENT IN IT GERMANY IS MY TEAM THEY R THE ONLY EUROPEAN
OH EXCEPT GREECE :wan: :cheers: LOL :swars: :coffee: :coffee:

vickirin
19-06-2005, 22:21
Mexico won against Brazil :gonova: :cheers: :u56:

Viva Mexico

Shomo
20-06-2005, 07:55
Am goin for Argentina,

Barcelona must be stupid for allowing Riquelme to stay in villareal for 4 more years,if i were frank rijkaard i would have benched deco for Riquelme,i mean this argentina lad is amazing

Kui
20-06-2005, 08:20
Am goin for Argentina,

Barcelona must be stupid for allowing Riquelme to stay in villareal for 4 more years,if i were frank rijkaard i would have benched deco for Riquelme,i mean this argentina lad is amazing

Kind of late posting a vote eh??? Well seeing that you probably visited the site for the first time I'll give you the benefit.

Kui
20-06-2005, 08:23
Am goin for Argentina,

Barcelona must be stupid for allowing Riquelme to stay in villareal for 4 more years,if i were frank rijkaard i would have benched deco for Riquelme,i mean this argentina lad is amazing

Kind of late posting a vote eh??? Well seeing that you probably visited the site for the first time I'll give you the benefit.
I honestly dont know why more people didnt vote Argentina from the get go. I was surprised when I voted, I was the only one who did so sometime last week.
The only team I think that could upset them is Mexico. I dunno this team has it's moments now and then.

rae
20-06-2005, 10:45
hahhaha I love to see greeks down... their dazed faces... they have been in sweet slumber from which were woken up by reality... they are poor team and it was proved by "mighty" asian champions. Euro2004 was a big mistake by fate and it restored everything into its place.

I am happy to see brazilians were teached for their arrogance and were beated by mexicans with their own guns. I do not see Brasil as a best team in the world and the most likely winner of next WC. They do not have a good striker. Andiano is crap. He can only push defenders and kick straight into goalkeeper. Ronaldo is not the same who he was earlier, though remains the best forward in Brasil. Robinho is neither a striker nor a forward. He belongs to category called midfielders. Brasil do not have a good winger too. And Dinho and Kaka and Emerson and Ze Roberto are central midfielders. Diego and Renato are not wingers too so in near future this gap will not be filled. The worst place in the field is defence. Cafu and Roberto Carlos are not real defenders. In addition they are quite old at the monent. Only Alex is a worth a name of a reliable defender, though he do not play in Confederation Cup.

I am celebrating a historic victory of mexicans, hope to see them in the final :happy:

!Vamos Latinos!

Stezagud
20-06-2005, 12:22
Only Alex is a worth a name of a reliable defender, though he do not play in Confederation Cup.

why is that? did PSV ask for him not to play or is it just the idiocy of the coach?

I honestly dont know why more people didnt vote Argentina from the get go. I was surprised when I voted, I was the only one who did so sometime last week.


Argentina is where i put my money, i actually voted for Japan though as i've adopted them for the tournament :D

Dr Milano
20-06-2005, 14:44
why is that? did PSV ask for him not to play or is it just the idiocy of the coach?



Argentina is where i put my money, i actually voted for Japan though as i've adopted them for the tournament :Dme i want germanyyyyy come on the germans some inspiration needed ballack comeon makaay

rae
20-06-2005, 15:58
why is that? did PSV ask for him not to play or is it just the idiocy of the coach?I bet that Perreira is not an idiot. I have heard that Alex is injured at the moment. So that he can not help his coutry in Confederations Cup now. It is a big loss to Brasil, I have no doubt that he is the best central defender they have now.i actually voted for Japan though as i've adopted them for the tournament :DYou are a joker, Steph :dielaugh: :p017:

By the way, I have changed my mind too about the winner. Brasil is to inconsistent with their will to win this cup. Argentina is showing much more desire to gain it. So I would go for Argentina now.

Stezagud
21-06-2005, 10:24
I bet that Perreira is not an idiot. I have heard that Alex is injured at the moment. So that he can not help his coutry in Confederations Cup now. It is a big loss to Brasil, I have no doubt that he is the best central defender they have now.

An injury would make sense, as nobody in there right mind would put Roque Junior ahead of Alex :D


By the way, I have changed my mind too about the winner. Brasil is to inconsistent with their will to win this cup. Argentina is showing much more desire to gain it. So I would go for Argentina now.

I went for a draw tonight between Argentina and Germany but i agree it still looks like they will win overall, unless Japan do of course ;)

rae
21-06-2005, 17:53
You won mate! :tong:

Two player I have to emphasize, because if do not do that it would be a huge sin. And the first one is a goal scorer of today Juan Roman Riquelme. He has scored only one goal in NT before this Confederation Cup, and now he has four. Great achievement! But he is super. He had no rivals today n the middle of the field. He was the lord there. I wonder what do Rijkaard think selling him to Villarreal [today he made the deal]. Deco and Guly are much poorer and even Xavi should try very hard not to be in a shadow of argentinian star. He is worth a place in a team beside Dinho Gaucho. That's no doubt!

The other guy is Carlito Tevez. WOW! We made a huge mistake that we havent taken him before Corinthians. Now we do not need Gila or Crespo, that's for sure. His not a pure striker. He reminds me a right forward who can play as a attacking midfielder too. What a tremenduos pace he has! What a control of his body! What a amazing dribling he has! He is almost perfect, though he is too small to use his head... Anyway, I am sure he will push out Saviola out of national squad and take a place beside Crespo. Even Figueroa can not compete with him. He is the man. :star:

Southernsun
21-06-2005, 21:19
brasil. forza kaka` & dida!

Don Redondo
21-06-2005, 22:57
I think Argentina will go on to lift this trophy and it will be the catalyst for victory in Germany 2006. Argentina will be world champions!!! Vamos Vamos Argentina!!!

PS - Eurosport only show highlights of the games, does anyone know any channels that are showing whole games live?? Thanks.

ACMILAN1983
22-06-2005, 06:39
anyone know where I can catch Brazil-Japan online this evening? its a match I'm looking forward to

rae
22-06-2005, 09:08
Do not know guys, because I watchi it live on one local TV which has baught the rights to broadcast live all matches from that tournament. By the way, today I have watched Australia - Tunisia relive on International Eurosport. If you want to do so you should try that ;)

MATNAT
22-06-2005, 09:33
anyone know where I can catch Brazil-Japan online this evening? its a match I'm looking forward to

i dont know about online but for those in the uk channel 5 are showing the finaL group games on thursday and friday early morning (i.e 1am etc...)

the semi-finals being played on saturday and sunday are being shown live as is the final next wednesday.

(lets hope brazil beat japan so that we can watch undoubtedly the biggest match of the competiton the semi-final clash that would be argentina vs brazil.....)

:swars:

rae
22-06-2005, 09:38
(lets hope brazil beat japan so that we can watch undoubtedly the biggest match of the competiton the semi-final clash that would be argentina vs brazil.....)

:swars:I guess if Brasil will win against Japan they still remain in second place of it's group because they have lost to Mexico which has 6 points now. So this probable clash can happen only in final or in a match for 3rd place ;)

Stezagud
22-06-2005, 10:54
You won mate!

easy money :D

Brazil - Japan is tougher than it looks, i've read Kaka and Ronaldinho are to be rested which doesnt make much sense to me as Brazil need to win to qualify?

gone for a win to Brazil anyway though, and Mexico - Greece to draw :cool:

MATNAT
22-06-2005, 11:00
I guess if Brasil will win against Japan they still remain in second place of it's group because they have lost to Mexico which has 6 points now. So this probable clash can happen only in final or in a match for 3rd place ;)

D`OH!! lol...

your right my mistake...... :5drunk:

vickirin
23-06-2005, 15:35
Ok Mexico vs Argentina now is time to beat the other big team in south america :5horse: :r14: :bri:

Roger Nolli
23-06-2005, 15:43
I perceived that Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo and Cafu are very important players to Brasil. Taking off this the defense is soo bad, Roque Jr, Juan, Lúcio, oh my god. The problem is Parreira, that haves Alex, Cris, Luisão, etc. Other plague is Zé Roberto, while Juninho is in the reserve...

ACMILAN1983
24-06-2005, 08:53
looks like Brazil have been struggling in this tournament. Apparently they weren't that impressive against Japan either, who haven't had the best of tournaments either.

Speaking of Japan, a little off topic, but anyone know much about Takayuki Morimoto who is 17 and plays in the under-20 side. I can't remember where, but I read we were linked to him (probably nothing more than a rumour)

MATNAT
24-06-2005, 10:07
I perceived that Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo and Cafu are very important players to Brasil. Taking off this the defense is soo bad, Roque Jr, Juan, Lúcio, oh my god. The problem is Parreira, that haves Alex, Cris, Luisão, etc. Other plague is Zé Roberto, while Juninho is in the reserve...

i agree on that point, cafu and roberto carlos have dont have the experience in knowing when to attack and when not to, with time the other full backs might learn but its a big risk when looking at how how the central defenders perform plus the fact that they play with a back 4 (as opposed to a 3 man defence which provided more security for the fullbacks whenever they bombed forward) doesnt help.

the fact that parreira continues to paly ze roberto dumbfounds me. anyone that has seen him play last season would have realised that all his best work is done on the left flank. the fact that he doesnt play another recognised holding midfielder (edu, gilberto silva) also adds to the defensive failabilities of brazil. i like juninho and im sure he`d be better than ze roberto but again i think hes too weak and attack minded to help emerson out in holding and controlling the midfield as well as providing a shield for the defence, i think that of current players in the brazil squad, emerson should be partnered with renato. i`m sure against the weaker teams fielding juninho or ze roberto would be a success but against the best i think he needs a battler (as the recent wc qualifier agaisnt argentina showed.) im sure that when the world cup comes round though, parreira will be far more cautios and revert to bringing in either edu or gilberto silva or renato.

i would personally love to see julio baptista play a central midfield role as i think hes got the strength, determination and skill to perform in the centre of the park. I`d love to see the "BEAST" partnered with emerson......

:de3:

Roger Nolli
24-06-2005, 12:23
i agree on that point, cafu and roberto carlos have dont have the experience in knowing when to attack and when not to, with time the other full backs might learn but its a big risk when looking at how how the central defenders perform plus the fact that they play with a back 4 (as opposed to a 3 man defence which provided more security for the fullbacks whenever they bombed forward) doesnt help.

the fact that parreira continues to paly ze roberto dumbfounds me. anyone that has seen him play last season would have realised that all his best work is done on the left flank. the fact that he doesnt play another recognised holding midfielder (edu, gilberto silva) also adds to the defensive failabilities of brazil. i like juninho and im sure he`d be better than ze roberto but again i think hes too weak and attack minded to help emerson out in holding and controlling the midfield as well as providing a shield for the defence, i think that of current players in the brazil squad, emerson should be partnered with renato. i`m sure against the weaker teams fielding juninho or ze roberto would be a success but against the best i think he needs a battler (as the recent wc qualifier agaisnt argentina showed.) im sure that when the world cup comes round though, parreira will be far more cautios and revert to bringing in either edu or gilberto silva or renato.

i would personally love to see julio baptista play a central midfield role as i think hes got the strength, determination and skill to perform in the centre of the park. I`d love to see the "BEAST" partnered with emerson......

:de3:
Ur right, Gilberto Silva (from Atlético Mineiro - my team) is better than Edu and Zé Roberto, and other player is Renato. But I'm worried same about the defense.

Dr Milano
24-06-2005, 15:01
Ur right, Gilberto Silva (from Atlético Mineiro - my team) is better than Edu and Zé Roberto, and other player is Renato. But I'm worried same about the defense.
ze roberto is better than gilberto man ze roberto is class anyway did u see japan vs brazil good goall by shensuke nakumura i was shell shocked

MATNAT
24-06-2005, 19:20
ze roberto is better than gilberto man ze roberto is class anyway did u see japan vs brazil good goall by shensuke nakumura i was shell shocked

can you not expand your arguement on more than ze roberto being "classey"?

is it more important to look "classey" or provide balance and stability for the rest of the team?

have you been really watching brazil recently? there lack of battlers/fighters/holding midfielders (call them what you want) has seen them lose to argentina and finish second in the group stages of the confederations cup.

ze roberto may be better technically but if you want to balance that brazil team and maybe help the defence (you know football is based on attacking and defending, despite what the likes of Wenger thinks...) you put in a holding midfielder even if hes less "classey" than ze roberto who is a left winger or left back at best!!!

Dr Milano
25-06-2005, 06:16
can you not expand your arguement on more than ze roberto being "classey"?

is it more important to look "classey" or provide balance and stability for the rest of the team?

have you been really watching brazil recently? there lack of battlers/fighters/holding midfielders (call them what you want) has seen them lose to argentina and finish second in the group stages of the confederations cup.

ze roberto may be better technically but if you want to balance that brazil team and maybe help the defence (you know football is based on attacking and defending, despite what the likes of Wenger thinks...) you put in a holding midfielder even if hes less "classey" than ze roberto who is a left winger or left back at best!!!okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :p017: :w221:

Roger Nolli
26-06-2005, 10:03
BRASIL !!! BRASIL!!!! BRASIL!!!!!! IN THE FINALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That come ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!

rae
26-06-2005, 11:48
Yeah, you won, though the entire match was quite boring. First two goals of both teams were not logic. Adriano's freekick was accidentally given in the middle of the field. And Podoliski's goal after corner kick was illogic. It was caused mainly that brasilain players were not recoverd after a goal celebration thus they made a mistake near their goal.

Both penalties were strange and contravertial. In both situations there was a foul though if would not caused a great trouble for goalkeepers IMO.

I have said to my dad, that if Brasil will concede first in second half they have quite a lot chances to regain match. But if Germany concede a goal, it would be almost impossible to equalize the score. Because germans can not take possession and make a great perssure for brasilian goal. They are not able to control ball in brasilian area while most of them are near rival's goal.

Adriano scored after a mistake of german defender. Brasil was stronger side thus they won it.

Jim_UK
26-06-2005, 15:10
If you thought yesterday's match was boring rae, what did you think of Mexico v Argentina ? :D

One thing i am worried about is Kaka's sharpness. We all saw what happened to Pirlo throughout the season when he played in the Olympics last summer. So with Kaka looking very jaded at times, it would be logical to think the same could happen through-out the new season at some point ??

Henrik
26-06-2005, 15:13
Now that is how to shoot penelties. :star:
I hope Ancelotti and the boys were taking notes. I only watched the OT and penelties, but I guess I didn't miss much. What's up with Crespo?

rae
26-06-2005, 16:27
If you thought yesterday's match was boring rae, what did you think of Mexico v Argentina ? :D:D I should say the same sh!t but without goals [regarding both halfs only]. Extra time was quite interesting comapring to full time. When mexicanos scored argentinos showed what they can and is their worth. So I guess the winner is right one.One thing i am worried about is Kaka's sharpness. We all saw what happened to Pirlo throughout the season when he played in the Olympics last summer. So with Kaka looking very jaded at times, it would be logical to think the same could happen through-out the new season at some point ??Well, I do not think he is not sharp. When he gets the ball rival defence always is in trouble. Although I noticend that he is not so agile as he used to be. I guess he is really too tired. Parreira should have let Juninho in smaller match such as against Greece or Japan.
Now that is how to shoot penelties. :star:
I hope Ancelotti and the boys were taking notes. I only watched the OT and penelties, but I guess I didn't miss much. What's up with Crespo?Yeah, you havent missed al lot :D. Argentinos started to play only when they conceded a goal. But finished after Figueroa scored :wallbang:

Crespo is having holiday after a long and toilsome season [wasnt it :D]. However Pekerman is having big troubles in attacking side. El Conejo is a poor guy, very poor one. Rodriguez and Delgado are not real strikers. Only Figueroa is a good one who has a trust of a coach. Tevez is a gem though Pekerman refuses to see that :wallbang:

Bodat
27-06-2005, 04:35
Now that is how to shoot penelties. :star:


I think it became look easier because both goalies are not as good and fast as Dida and Liverpool's goalie...

Just my opinion... :p :D

rae
27-06-2005, 09:46
Dudek - a GOOD goalie :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:




:dielaugh: :haha:

Stezagud
27-06-2005, 10:57
Only Figueroa is a good one who has a trust of a coach.

Is he the same guy who played for Birmingham but got dropped after 1 game?

KhRiS
27-06-2005, 11:05
I hope Ancelotti and the boys were taking notes. I only watched the OT and penelties, but I guess I didn't miss much. What's up with Crespo?

just got Married, busy honey(mooning),got other scoring duties now. :lick:

Angel_Cic
27-06-2005, 13:41
i watched the Mexico/Argentina game...and strongly believe that Mexico should have went on :groan:

i was looking forward to watching Argentina play, but within the first few minutes, i wanted to change the channel. personally, i think they sucked! and their goal in the last few minutes of extended time was indeed scrappy.

Mexico just seemed to have more heart throughout the whole game, and never gave up, even when Argentina was playing dirty.

I'm going to watch the final...and i'm looking forward to Brazil winning :clap:

Dr Milano
27-06-2005, 14:42
i watched the Mexico/Argentina game...and strongly believe that Mexico should have went on :groan:

i was looking forward to watching Argentina play, but within the first few minutes, i wanted to change the channel. personally, i think they sucked! and their goal in the last few minutes of extended time was indeed scrappy.

Mexico just seemed to have more heart throughout the whole game, and never gave up, even when Argentina was playing dirty.

I'm going to watch the final...and i'm looking forward to Brazil winning :clap:
no i want argentina come on argentina even though i wanted germany at first i hate brazil they get on my nerves and my little bro supports them

Roger Nolli
27-06-2005, 17:41
You hate Brasil because we are the best team in the WORLD!!!!!!! Cryyyyyy english!!!!!! Brasil will win the World Champion AGAIN in the next year, and now will win Argentina, "hermanos" fregueses!

Henrik
27-06-2005, 18:12
Brazil vs Argentina is allway fun to watch. Can't wait until Wednesday. Disorganized brilliance vs organized skill with a twist of mortal rivalry. Can't get any better :)

Staci
27-06-2005, 18:24
Agree with Henrik on this one, the fact that it is played on neutral territorymakes it an even more mouth-watering clash, Brazil must still be licking the wounds from the south american qualifier defeat at the Hands of Argentina, Lets see if Argentina can bully them again minus Crespo and Saviola Mind you.

Angel_Cic
27-06-2005, 21:37
how can you hate brazil??? 3 of our milan players represent that team!

but anyway...it should be an interesting game ;)

Peachtot
28-06-2005, 00:49
OH...Riquelme ...You remind me the stylish Zvonimir Boban...
Hope Roman would join mIlan 1 time...

VIVA The Real Milan No.10 Zorro Boban !!

Bodat
28-06-2005, 01:23
Dudek - a GOOD goalie :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:dielaugh: :haha:

In penalty shoot out, especially at the final game, Dudek seems to be more good that both of Argentina and Mexico goalies... :D

Dr Milano
28-06-2005, 12:26
You hate Brasil because we are the best team in the WORLD!!!!!!! Cryyyyyy english!!!!!! Brasil will win the World Champion AGAIN in the next year, and now will win Argentina, "hermanos" fregueses!
i support italia yehhhhhhh come on italian i dont really like england anyway its because my younger bro supports brazil and when brazil wins he gets on my nerves a bit

Dr Milano
28-06-2005, 12:28
i support italia yehhhhhhh come on italian i dont really like england anyway its because my younger bro supports brazil and when brazil wins he gets on my nerves a bit
i voted argentina anyway hope they win again

Roger Nolli
28-06-2005, 16:13
Will be how was here, in Belo Horizonte (where I live), 3 x 1 for Brazil in 2004.

ACMILAN1983
29-06-2005, 16:17
Brazil destroyed Argentina in the end. I was disappointed not to see more of Tevez. In the end, awsome goals by Brazil and Kaka and Dida did Milan proud ;)

Roger Nolli
29-06-2005, 16:18
Championn! Champion!!!!! Chaampionnnn!!!!!!!!! 4 X 1 In Argentinaaaaaa!!

É CampeÃo Porra!!!! É CampeÃo Caralhooooo! Chupa Argentina, Chupa Riquelme! Samba Tevezzz!!!!!!!!! Vai Te Fuder Coloccini!

Xudong
29-06-2005, 16:51
I just voted. I had a strong feeling that Brazil will win with a scoreline of 4-1. :D

Mark my word... :D



...
or check www.livescore.com :D.

Xudong
29-06-2005, 16:52
Championn! Champion!!!!! Chaampionnnn!!!!!!!!! 4 X 1 In Argentinaaaaaa!!

É CampeÃo Porra!!!! É CampeÃo Caralhooooo! Chupa Argentina, Chupa Riquelme! Samba Tevezzz!!!!!!!!! Vai Te Fuder Coloccini!


Could you please translate them into English so everyone can enjoy it? I am sure that they are very funny. :u125:


I suppose they are Portuguese? I tried myself:

by altavista:
It is Champion Porra! It is Champion Caralhooooo! It absorbs Argentina, Absorbs Riquelme! Tevezzz Samba!!!!!!!!! Fuder Coloccini Goes You!

by freetranslation:
It is Champion Porra! !!! It is Champion Caralhooooo! Sucks Argentina, Sucks Riquelme! Samba Tevezzz! !!!!!!!! Goes You Fuder Coloccini!

I see that freetranslation is definitely better. :5ok:

Nadir
29-06-2005, 17:51
i have to say it's one of the best games i have ever seen. congratulations to dida and kaka :)

MATNAT
29-06-2005, 19:41
Tonights football match was mixed bag of outstanding brazilian attacking play with an outstanding display of defensive “postional” intelligence by lucio, with some woeful argentinian defending and a flaccid attack (one figeroa).

Lets start by saying that the referee was awful and made some really stupid descions, I remember him from the uefa cup final of 2003 between celtic and porto, he made some stupid descions that night too!! :hammer:

Maybe Nolli or maradona10 or any other south American football fanatics can help answer some questions for me….? (I know its a very long post but please bare with me compadres/amigo`s….) :1old:

Lux, what a joke of a keeper he is, he cant surely play for argentina again?! :haha:
hes had a really bad tournament, are there any decent back ups? What about Sebastian saja (is that how u spell his name?), or costanzo (is he too young?), are they any good?

Onto the defence ..FOR THOSE THAT KEEP GOING ON ABOUT COLOCCINI PLEASE, PLEASE STOP AS IVE SEEN ENOUGH OF THAT IDIOT TOO LAST ME A LIFE TIME…….(especially brazils final goal when the cross came in and coloccini let the ball go over his head for Adriano to head in) hes one of the most erratic defenders ive ever seen (imagine glen johnson, coloccini, roque junior and van bronkhorst as your back line and u`ll understand what i`m saying…. :whie: ). Also why wasn`t milito played if hes so rated? I mean they never played him once?
I thought that Heinze was awesome (as always), consistent, strong aggressive, for me the best left back in the world, someone to have with you in the trenches (just like roy keane) :mex:

I also thought that argentines overall play at times was a bit one dimensional.
They tried to play everything through riquelme, which leads to my next question which is why doesn’t pekerman play both riquelme and aimar from the start?
You both obviously watch more south American football, has pekerman tried new formations too implement them both or is he pretty one dimensional (ala ancelotti) and only plays both as an act of desperate measure? You saw immediately how as soon as aimar came on there was more space for riquelme and vice versa. I think pekerman should come up with another formation because the 3-4-1-2 formation is to obvious with that playmaker (1) always being singled out for rough attention/knive stabbing in the back (the same way milan rely on pirlo).
Bernardi for me was hopeless, he should have helped cambiasso (how good has he finally become? Hes now living up to that promise when he intially burst onto the seen as a 16year old, with flowing hair mind you in that world youth tournament) win the ball back.
Zanetti again outstanding. “El Tractor” is like henize, consistent, aggressive and even more skilful than he is (if only Milan could do a swap deal with coloccini going to inter…)

And onto the strikers…..How figeroa is that squad (never mind first 11) is beyond me. The legendary River Plate “Maquina” forward line of the 1940`s :1old: must have been disgusted with figeroa. He was an absolute joke. I don’t know if the reason hes in is because of a lack of decent argentinian strikers?

Without crespo argentina are simply useless. Maybe nolli or maradona10 can recommend some argentinian strikers who could deputise for crespo? Is there a lack of number 9`s in argentina? Would it be a risk to bring in cavenaghi or is he not doing the business over in the Russian first division?

I don’t understand why pekerman refuses to play carlitos tevez?! The “Bulldog” for me is awesome playing as forward in the same way that saviola does. Surely he would have been better than Delgado?!
I have seen tevez play many times in his pomp for boca. His aggression, determination and work rate, hussling of defenders (as well as some neat touches, through balls and intelligent runs) was there for all of us to see, but why did pekerman refuse to pick him? :dconf:

As for brazil they were awesome. At times though they were helped by argentines poor lapses in concentration and disorganisation.
Dida was good yet again and I was impressed with Cichino GOING FORWARD, what hes like when having to defend against the likes of ryan gigs and alberto luque is another question.
Lucio was immense and his postional awareness at being in the right place at the right time shows on occasions why he can be rated as a really, really good defender.
However there were times when they were tested and argentina may have got a few more goals with a decent striker and im sure if parreira opted for some other defensive midfielder in place of Ze Roberto (think back to USA 94 and that central midfield unit of dunga and mauro silva in front of the back four), it would make them even harder to beat with no reduction in efficency or productivity in attack.
Brazils midfield and attack spoke for themselves. Unbelievable technique allied to supreme running off the ball movement. :r11:
I still think though that when the world cup comes around and “R9” :gun: is included instead of robinho, it will be absolute carnage of the highest order with goals from every conceivable angle (imagine Bin Laden and Bush coming together as one and ull understand what I mean)… :diablo:

Brazil to win WC2006……. :p283:

Maradona (10)
29-06-2005, 21:30
Lets see MATNAT:

-Agreed, the ref sucked. Sorin stayed for free for another 45 minutes. He tackled someone from behind without the ball, and he had a yellow card already.
-About Lux.....I agree, he isnt the best but he is highly regarded over here. Not by me, but I talked frequently about these matters and many people have praise for him. Again, he is young and BETTER than Costanzo. Saja has dissapeared from the face of the earth, but while in San Lorenzo he was regarded as the next best thing at the position. Arsenal was rumoured to be after him back then.
-Coloccini isnt awful, but I disagree with those that say it was a big mistake to let him go (from Milan). And today he showed his dirtiness, yet again.
Milito not playing? Dont know exactly why, I guess he isnt Pekerman's boy. He even played Placente instead of Milito, while moving Heinze.
And Heinze....he is awesome. I remember when Bielsa first called him to the National Squad and everyone here was saying "who the **** is this guy?". LMAO.
-Why not Riquelme and Aimar from the start? Because Aimar isnt fit. He isnt 100%. He is recovering his form and BTW he had a bad tournament. Also I guess he didnt want to descompensate the team's overall balance. Riquelme and Aimar can be depended upon while defending. They dont even like to return to help their teammates, especially Riquelme. And once Aimar recovers his form, I doubt they will play together from the start. They will share the field ocassionaly, but Lucho Gonzalez is one of Pekerman's favorites and I dont see him leaving the team any time soon.
-Bernardi is being "tested". Cambiasso is also regarded as one of the best players, but dont forget Mascherano that played great against Brazil in Buenos Aires and should have a place among the first eleven.
-Regarding the system: You might have a point, but Riquelme has plenty of teammates that can touch the ball, take pressure off him and play. For example, Santana (who didnt play today), Lucho (who is in Buenos Aires), Sorin (that showed during this tournament that he is everywhere and plays 110% everytime), and others. Zanetti can play as well, starting from behing. Cambiasso used to play as a creative midfielder some years ago in Argentina. And if you add two strikers, you dont have to worry that much about Riquelme being left alone.
-Zanetti is good, but he was much better not so long ago. He has lost some form, he isnt as strong going foward as before. And he doesnt know how to finish.
-Figueroa had a very good tournament, but he isnt a top notch foward. He is a terrific header (is that a word?!?!? heh), but doesnt have much to show as far as the game goes. He cant start from behind to create for himself or others. He has a below average shot from distance.
-Yes, we are suffering at that position, to certain extent. After Crespo, your strikers are Tevez or Saviola or Galetti or Figueroa. Not much. And if you watched the U-20, you realized that they are weak up front (Thanks God we have Messi). Some interesting players playing here? Lisandro Lopez (playing for Porto starting june), Vitti (who showed much promise but fall to earth quickly), Peirone (more on the form of a "9"), Palacio (from Boca, young and with good on ball skills), not much else although Im sure Im missing 2 or 3. But from the names I gave you, they arent your traditional top scorers. They are good, not close to great.
-Cavenaghi isnt playing constantly but he isnt going to have an opportunity anytime soon, unless Pekerman changes his mind dramatically. Since Argentina has plenty of meaning less (since they are already in Germany 2006) he might get his chance. Messi and Zabaleta from the U-20 will get theirs as well.
-Tevez is better than Delgado, but he is overrated. He is strong, but his game has suffered since leaving Boca for Corinthians. Today he showed some glimpses of his talent, but he must improve a lot to live up to his hype.
-And I wouldnt be so sure about Brazil running away with the Cup next year. Dont forget they were lucky to play against Argentina today given Japan's lack of luck against them. They were almost eliminated from round one. This being said, Im not sold with the brazilian defensive system. They are good going foward, but not deadly. And you know that if you attack Brazil, you are going to score. And a lot, if you are on a good day.

Sorry, I didnt have plenty of time to share some thoughts about this, but I wanted to answer you MATNAT. :cool:

Nadir
29-06-2005, 22:02
the ref is the same guy who allowed that liverpool goal against chelsea. very bad refereeing - too many inconsistencies. how sorin stayed on the field after that challenge on kaka is beyond me.

Bodat
30-06-2005, 00:46
i have to say it's one of the best games i have ever seen. congratulations to dida and kaka :)


Really agree with you on that...

MATNAT
30-06-2005, 04:35
Lets see MATNAT:

-Agreed, the ref sucked. Sorin stayed for free for another 45 minutes. He tackled someone from behind without the ball, and he had a yellow card already.
-About Lux.....I agree, he isnt the best but he is highly regarded over here. Not by me, but I talked frequently about these matters and many people have praise for him. Again, he is young and BETTER than Costanzo. Saja has dissapeared from the face of the earth, but while in San Lorenzo he was regarded as the next best thing at the position. Arsenal was rumoured to be after him back then.
-Coloccini isnt awful, but I disagree with those that say it was a big mistake to let him go (from Milan). And today he showed his dirtiness, yet again.
Milito not playing? Dont know exactly why, I guess he isnt Pekerman's boy. He even played Placente instead of Milito, while moving Heinze.
And Heinze....he is awesome. I remember when Bielsa first called him to the National Squad and everyone here was saying "who the **** is this guy?". LMAO.
-Why not Riquelme and Aimar from the start? Because Aimar isnt fit. He isnt 100%. He is recovering his form and BTW he had a bad tournament. Also I guess he didnt want to descompensate the team's overall balance. Riquelme and Aimar can be depended upon while defending. They dont even like to return to help their teammates, especially Riquelme. And once Aimar recovers his form, I doubt they will play together from the start. They will share the field ocassionaly, but Lucho Gonzalez is one of Pekerman's favorites and I dont see him leaving the team any time soon.
-Bernardi is being "tested". Cambiasso is also regarded as one of the best players, but dont forget Mascherano that played great against Brazil in Buenos Aires and should have a place among the first eleven.
-Regarding the system: You might have a point, but Riquelme has plenty of teammates that can touch the ball, take pressure off him and play. For example, Santana (who didnt play today), Lucho (who is in Buenos Aires), Sorin (that showed during this tournament that he is everywhere and plays 110% everytime), and others. Zanetti can play as well, starting from behing. Cambiasso used to play as a creative midfielder some years ago in Argentina. And if you add two strikers, you dont have to worry that much about Riquelme being left alone.
-Zanetti is good, but he was much better not so long ago. He has lost some form, he isnt as strong going foward as before. And he doesnt know how to finish.
-Figueroa had a very good tournament, but he isnt a top notch foward. He is a terrific header (is that a word?!?!? heh), but doesnt have much to show as far as the game goes. He cant start from behind to create for himself or others. He has a below average shot from distance.
-Yes, we are suffering at that position, to certain extent. After Crespo, your strikers are Tevez or Saviola or Galetti or Figueroa. Not much. And if you watched the U-20, you realized that they are weak up front (Thanks God we have Messi). Some interesting players playing here? Lisandro Lopez (playing for Porto starting june), Vitti (who showed much promise but fall to earth quickly), Peirone (more on the form of a "9"), Palacio (from Boca, young and with good on ball skills), not much else although Im sure Im missing 2 or 3. But from the names I gave you, they arent your traditional top scorers. They are good, not close to great.
-Cavenaghi isnt playing constantly but he isnt going to have an opportunity anytime soon, unless Pekerman changes his mind dramatically. Since Argentina has plenty of meaning less (since they are already in Germany 2006) he might get his chance. Messi and Zabaleta from the U-20 will get theirs as well.
-Tevez is better than Delgado, but he is overrated. He is strong, but his game has suffered since leaving Boca for Corinthians. Today he showed some glimpses of his talent, but he must improve a lot to live up to his hype.
-And I wouldnt be so sure about Brazil running away with the Cup next year. Dont forget they were lucky to play against Argentina today given Japan's lack of luck against them. They were almost eliminated from round one. This being said, Im not sold with the brazilian defensive system. They are good going foward, but not deadly. And you know that if you attack Brazil, you are going to score. And a lot, if you are on a good day.

Sorry, I didnt have plenty of time to share some thoughts about this, but I wanted to answer you MATNAT. :cool:

agreed it wasn`t argentinas best 11, i just expected more of them.

cracking response maradona10!! BRAVO!!! :gonova:

Sheva7_Evo
30-06-2005, 10:21
good points matnat & Maradona (10)

let me just add 2 things
Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano and Robinho
Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Denilson
my goodness what players brazil have
in their prime, which is better!

and cicinho is awesome, would be ideal cafu replacement (in Milan) as he just showed.

Roger Nolli
30-06-2005, 15:18
Could you please translate them into English so everyone can enjoy it? I am sure that they are very funny. :u125:


I suppose they are Portuguese? I tried myself:





I see that freetranslation is definitely better. :5ok:

I'm sorry, however in this message has improper words for one forum, therefore it is in Portuguese.

Roger Nolli
30-06-2005, 15:39
Matnat,

Lux, what a joke of a keeper he is, he cant surely play for argentina again?!
hes had a really bad tournament, are there any decent back ups? What about Sebastian saja (is that how u spell his name?), or costanzo (is he too young?), are they any good?
I think that Abondazzieri from Boca is better than Lux, but Constanzo is in the exactly nivel.
Without crespo argentina are simply useless. Maybe nolli or maradona10 can recommend some argentinian strikers who could deputise for crespo? Is there a lack of number 9`s in argentina? Would it be a risk to bring in cavenaghi or is he not doing the business over in the Russian first division?
I don't know that Argentina haves an attacant who will replace Crespo in his performance... For me Galleti an Figueroa are normal players, but Argentina don't have better in this position, on the contrary of Brasil, that haves Julio Baptista, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo, Adriano, Fred, Grafite, etc...

im sure if parreira opted for some other defensive midfielder in place of Ze Roberto
Perfect, I think that Zé Roberto isn't a player that Brasil needs to this position, but has Gilberto Silva, Renato, Juninho Pernambucano...

I think too that Brasil with some changes in the defense and the midfield WILL BE CHAMPION AGAIN!

Angel_Cic
02-07-2005, 17:18
ooooh nice win. too bad for you dr. milano ;) hehehe.