PDA

View Full Version : Roma's transfer embargo, what's the point?


meazza
02-07-2005, 10:56
If they are allowed to sign Taddei, Nonda and Kuffour are allowed to move this season before July 1st and then next season they have to wait until after July 1st?

They could still offer contracts before the embargo is lifted so it wouldn't even cause them a penalty trying to pick up next years free transfers.

Surely for the penalty is to have any impact it should exclude them from a summer of buying, there books should contain no new players registered at the club for the new season.

Dr Milano
03-07-2005, 10:35
If they are allowed to sign Taddei, Nonda and Kuffour are allowed to move this season before July 1st and then next season they have to wait until after July 1st?

They could still offer contracts before the embargo is lifted so it wouldn't even cause them a penalty trying to pick up next years free transfers.

Surely for the penalty is to have any impact it should exclude them from a summer of buying, there books should contain no new players registered at the club for the new season.
they are banned till 2006 of any transfers

Sirena
03-07-2005, 16:27
Roma's an easy target, lately, also FIFA like giving the illusion that they're doing something. I doubt a more famous club would have been punished the same way.

:5chore:

Mehdi
03-07-2005, 19:54
Roma are not an easy target. They pulled the same stunt with Chivu i.e. 'signing' and registering a player without an agreement with the other club! Even Chelsea don't pull stunts like that. Roma's President (Sensi) is an idiot and they got what they deserved especially as Mexes sucks arse!

sehnsucht79
08-07-2005, 06:30
I despise Roma, despise their methods, despise their transfers. But despite ALL that, I think the transfer ban is too harsh.

10
08-07-2005, 08:11
I can't recall having heard of a punishment like this before. Does anyone know if it's a common method for UEFA?

Henrik
08-07-2005, 09:05
I despise Roma, despise their methods, despise their transfers. But despite ALL that, I think the transfer ban is too harsh.
I don't mind Roma in general, but think the ban is fair provided that it is a part of standard Fifa or Uefa rules. There has to be concequenses for clubs that screw up the sport.

sehnsucht79
08-07-2005, 10:20
Well is it part of the standard ruling? I havent heard of this kind of ban before, thats the thing. Roma has done indecent stuff with Chivu & Mexes's transfers but I'd thought that fining them or settling the matter in court would solve the problem.

Dr Milano
08-07-2005, 10:32
I despise Roma, despise their methods, despise their transfers. But despite ALL that, I think the transfer ban is too harsh.
actually many juve fans feel for roma

meazza
11-07-2005, 05:52
Many Juve fans want the ban lifted because Juve aren't prepared to offer hard cash to but Cassano but unless Roma get the ban lifted they can't accept swap deals as it would mean registering the new players.

Henrik
11-07-2005, 06:12
Many Juve fans want the ban lifted because Juve aren't prepared to offer hard cash to but Cassano but unless Roma get the ban lifted they can't accept swap deals as it would mean registering the new players.
Interesting angle, hadn't thought of this. The lord works in mysterious ways it seems :)

sehnsucht79
11-07-2005, 07:15
Didnt Moggi confirm it recently? - Juventus are not going to get Cassano, Roma needs him too much and they're asking too much from us.

Apart from the reasons above, as much as I hate Roma and their organization, they're a talented bunch. It's sad to see such talented players struggling to get out from that terrible club under the captaincy of that horrible, horrible man Totti :D

meazza
11-07-2005, 11:24
I think what they where asking was quite fair, it was about 15m which considering he cost 20m as an 18 year old ins't to bad, players that age should reprsent an investment if they do well, to lose 5m on a 22 year old that has fulfilled his potential is pretty reasonable. However, your right in that Roma need him a lot if they can't bring in any new strikers. They don't have a deep squad as it is.

Dr Milano
11-07-2005, 12:13
Didnt Moggi confirm it recently? - Juventus are not going to get Cassano, Roma needs him too much and they're asking too much from us.

Apart from the reasons above, as much as I hate Roma and their organization, they're a talented bunch. It's sad to see such talented players struggling to get out from that terrible club under the captaincy of that horrible, horrible man Totti :D
hey totti isnt horrible well i aint saying hes good but totti plays for my national team italia and i respect him for that yeh hes a ok person