View Full Version : Chicago Fire vs AC Milan
Warro Bantan
26-07-2005, 10:29
Well, though it is a friendly, I think we should open a thread to discuss the game...
From acmilan.com:
ANCELOTTI: 'Gilardino will start against Chicago Fire'
7/26/2005
CHICAGO - Carlo Ancelotti held a press conference when the side landed in Chicago: 'We are pleased to be coming up against America football, we hope we can put on a good show, it’s our objective to present a good image. It won’t be an easy match as the Chicago Fire are well-advanced in their preparation, even more than Chelsea. As for the line-up I can say that Gilardino will start alongside Vieri. Gilardino represents Milan’s future and is following a great tradition of attackers
Good that we will get to see Gila in his first game (Gol Tv, at 9pm eastern...I think), and I hope that he scores on his debut.
Vieri will partner the young Italian international, but in all honesty, I would have wanted to see the youngster (name starts with an A) play up front with Gila.
We can expect another start for Rui Costa, unless Carlo springs some surprises, with Seedorf and Max in for Gattuso, who will sit this out with a red card...or do red cards apply to the next friendly match?
Good thinking by Rino if that is the case, as he gets a one match rest!
Hope to see a more dominating Milan, at least for the first half...the MLS team is at the very least, half way through their season, and so will be fitter, but we have more class, and we need this to tell in the first half, by scoring at least 3 goals.
I hope in the 2nd half, we begin to rotate players.
As always: FORZA MILAN! Lets show the Fire the true meaning of an inferno...
devoted_dm
26-07-2005, 17:08
When does the game start?
Warro Bantan
26-07-2005, 17:12
(Gol Tv, at 9pm eastern...I think),
go to goltv.tv the match time is also there.
freddydaddy7
26-07-2005, 23:47
Yes I do hope seeing Gila playing his first Game with Milan, and I see some changes depends wat formation he is gone start with if he does go I think he will try the 4-3-1-2
Ele
Mozart( if cafu sits) Nesta Maldini Kala
Ambro Pirlo Seedorf
RUi Costa
Gila Vieri
These guys would start off if we went on the 4-3-1-2 and I guess he would rest cafu not wonting to risk him for this tour.
I would wana see Ambro in and maybe second half we can have Stam in and Costa, and have Serghino, Vogel, and the new rookie
freddydaddy7
26-07-2005, 23:56
if u guys in in middle east u can watch Jazzer sports or ART Sports 3 they would be showing the match
ginoformaggino
27-07-2005, 02:35
Yes I do hope seeing Gila playing his first Game with Milan, and I see some changes depends wat formation he is gone start with if he does go I think he will try the 4-3-1-2
Ele
Mozart :rr30: :rr30: ( if cafu sits) Nesta Maldini Kala
Ambro Pirlo Seedorf
RUi Costa
Gila Vieri
Mozart? :dstup:
I'd like Debussy :rone: :ilol:
Mozart? :dstup:
I am as shocked as you are, ginoformaggino :wow:
freddydaddy7
27-07-2005, 06:42
give me someone in his postion right even galliani likes him, for me i preffer him to start better then risk Cafu, or who would u preffer stam there but he aint good there or have costacurta maybe thats ur other option.
its friendly guys not Serie A match or cup what we gone lose if we had him in
killiegradge
27-07-2005, 12:38
Is the game available online anywhere?
I am as shocked as you are, ginoformaggino :wow:
he means marzoratti
freddy daddy where u from?
Is the game available online anywhere?
same question here.. :v408:
Warro Bantan
27-07-2005, 17:19
PM Henrik..he usually has a link...
Warro Bantan
27-07-2005, 17:31
game starts in an hour
Any ideas on who will play other than Gila? For us in Jamaica, it starts at 8pm local time...or in 2.5 hours...
no idea... here it start at 2:30 AM
Hasan Rossonero
27-07-2005, 18:25
Any ideas on who will play other than Gila? For us in Jamaica, it starts at 8pm local time...or in 2.5 hours...
I have an idea. Ancelotti recently stated that Gila would start against the Fire. In practice today, the team was divided into 2 nine-men units and the side Gila was on contained Vieri as well. I think this will be the starting line-up:
Ele, Cafu, Stam, Maldini, Nesta, Serginho, Vogel, Ambrosini, Rui Costa, Vieri, Gilardino
Dodsdomd
27-07-2005, 18:32
Any word on the game being on here?
http://www.media.gov.kw/
I need to see it! :5ok:
Warro,
young kid starting with an A is Matteo Ardemagni... he's not even with the Primavera, he's with the Junior team, he's 17-18...
the game starts at 8pm (Chicago time), 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern US... 3 am Italy...
so, 1:20 before Gilardino's debut...
walmania
27-07-2005, 19:38
Any word on the game being on here?
http://www.media.gov.kw/
I need to see it! :5ok:
As far as I know it will be. I am still waiing for confirmation.
Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
Hasan Rossonero
27-07-2005, 19:56
As far as I know it will be. I am still waiing for confirmation.
Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
which one of the four? KTV 1, 3, 4 5?
Milan play with a 3-4-1-2 formation:
MILAN: Fiori; Stam, Nesta, Maldini; Cafu, Vogel, Ambrosini, Serginho; Rui Costa; Vieri, Gilardino
Source: acmilan.com
has it been delayed??? ... jazeera are showing the gold cup?!?!
has it been delayed??? ... jazeera are showing the gold cup?!?!
Yes. Livescore indicates time from 21:00 to 21:30.
walmania
27-07-2005, 20:20
which one of the four? KTV 1, 3, 4 5?
it will be on K3. As far as I can make out, the game begins in 15 minutes (2:30am UK time).
I saw the formation on acmilan.com but really hope to see Kaka take the pitch in these types of friendlies as it is now that he can get used to playing with the strikers and stike up an understanding.
I am so tired adnd I have to be up in 6 hours for work. The life of a football fan, do you guys think that the players know what we go through just to follow our team? My girlfriend says that if I was to put in as much effort in our relationship as I do for Milan she would have married me by now, I say thank God I have Milan!
Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
Vieri scored and chicago equalized like one minute later.
true... i got a ticket for 750 pounds on the last day, and i finished my visa to the UK in a few hours and took my last IGCSE exam and travelled to heathrow airport (5hrs) and then took a car all the way to manchester to watch the final... i did not eat a thing the whole day, nor did i piss.. etc
it was worth it!
walmania
27-07-2005, 20:33
Any word on the game being on here?
http://www.media.gov.kw/
I need to see it! :5ok:
The match is not being broadcasted on this channel, sorry.
Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
I see that teh link provided by D-Elect works terrific.
people!! watch the game live on
http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/index.jsp
click on LIVE MATCH
forza milan!
If you can not get the video, then I will be your commentators. But I can only do it for another 10 or 15 mintues (the rest of the 1st half), then I will have to leave and I won't be able to watch it myself.
what the hell is going on?!
aFter the two goals, it seems that we activated Chicago fire. They began to press more. The video is quite blurry though, I can't see very well.
But the goal by Vieri kind of reminded me of Sheva's miss on May 25. Vieri had a strong header blocked by the goalie but he stepped forward and easily converted into a tap-in goal.
And Fiori just made a very nice save. Not bad I say, he is.
Fiori made another fantastic save on the 1-on-1! Chicago beat our offside trap and the forward had the whole goal with Fiori only to beat.
Amazingly cool.
people!! watch the game live on
http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/index.jsp
click on LIVE MATCH
forza milan!
i cannot believe i am sat here at 2.44am watching the milan game!!!
i could kiss you!!!
:rone:
Thank you all for giving me the info about milans game!!
How is gila doing??
whose the geordie commentator?!
The Americans seem less intimidated by us now. Our players don't seem to care though. :D
Gilardino just had a decent shot, blocked by the goalie.
im laughing my ass off listening to those comentators. :rotfl:
btw milan isnt playing good..it is like milan is told to give chicago chances and a goal so they can promote soccer to americans.
Dodsdomd
27-07-2005, 20:56
people!! watch the game live on
http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/index.jsp
click on LIVE MATCH
forza milan!
Thanks D!!!!
honestly who is that geordie commentator?
he gets very excited about anything by anyone!! LOL
RAY HUDSON...... what a LEGEND!!! ROFLMAO!!!
i think his name is
:hihihi: Ray hudson
yeah Lol. dat guy got all excited by a normal pass of Paolo :dontkn:
''ohh wat an great pas bij maldinii.. ooh that guy is greatt oohh'' :grinser:
people!! watch the game live on
http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/index.jsp
click on LIVE MATCH
forza milan!
thanks for the link
yeah Lol. dat guy got all excited by a normal pass of Paolo :dontkn:
''ohh wat an great pas bij maldinii.. ooh that guy is greatt oohh'' :grinser:
yeah i laughed my ass off on that
i cannot believe i am sat here at 2.44am watching the milan game!!!
Thanks D!!!!
thanks for the link
no thnx!! :5ok:
second half started
Forza Milan!
if seedorf got rid of his "j-lo" arse he`d be so much quicker
shevagol_7
27-07-2005, 21:20
Gilardino is off now for Marzoratti. Didn't really get the chance to impress.
caballero has certainly earned his work permit!!
we`re getting hammered by "the fire"
and Ray Hudson should do stand up!! LOL
CuoreRossoNero
27-07-2005, 21:39
Gilardino is off now for Marzoratti. Didn't really get the chance to impress.
According to the Chicago fire website Gila is still PLaying
GREAT PLAY by MILAN.. GILAAAA 2 - 1
Bosniaco
27-07-2005, 21:42
GILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA just scored !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaay gila scores!!!!!1
shevagol_7
27-07-2005, 21:43
According to the Chicago fire website Gila is still PLaying
Yes your right I think there was an error on the channel I'm watching.
Nice goal, but Milan seem to not really care at all about this game.
Rossonera23
27-07-2005, 21:44
:5schal: Great goal..... pirlo>seedorf> gilardino....
Excellent combination!!!
:gonova:
Hudson has just "forcasted" hell for that chicago fire striker who missed all his chances... genius..lol
Rossonera23
27-07-2005, 21:59
I LOVE SERGINHO!!!!!!!!... great GOALLLLLLLLLLL
cheers for the link D-Elect!!
good night everyone!!
can sum1 post sum highlights?
Great Goal by serginho. It's a cracker and referees have trouble identifying the goal.
Slow motion shows the ball at least 1-ball away inside the white line. No argument needed.
Great SErginho!
Kaladze also impresses me, yet again. Is he the one who crosses to Vieri?
this was a nice game IMO ... alot of our players played well.. gila still need to settle in with the his new teammates and he needs more training i think but hopefully hell settle in quickly
im gonna be living in the US starting september but im wondering if this geordie's gonna be the official commentator for golTV ... i might even think of switching to NFL or something... this guy just activates headache's
tragedy??? shakespear??? ... what the hell is wrong with this dude?
Great goals from Gila and Serginho but the performance of our players was pretty awful for the most part of the second half. If Fire's players were better in front of goal we would have lost....big time.
PS: Maldini's cross to Vieri was awesome.
why does the american press call Jaap Stam, JAKOB STAM?
Pics of the game here:
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=317980#post317980
Caption on the Jaap stam pic was :
AC Milan' Jakob Stam, left, dribbles the ball past Chicago Fire' Thiago in the second half at Soldier Field, Wednesday, July 27, 2005, in Chicago. AC Milan won 3-1.
i thought we played well... cant think of anyone doing bad... i think jakob stam is blending in more than last season, the 3 man defence is working well i think, i liked vogel, i think gila needs more training but this goal will surely boast his spirit. vieri moved more than vs chelsea, seedorf had a few good plays, maldini and billy had good games as well and so did fiori
freddydaddy7
28-07-2005, 00:47
As I have watch the full game was 5:30 am my time thank god didn’t wake up so early like the first one at 3 am.
Milan in the first half had control over 25 min of the first half then the min Vieri scored they scored back was fast one even the we saw a last min reply cant say how he scored it but something like robben. But near the box didn’t see any of pirlo, Vogel or Ambro.
The first goal was great deep cross from maldini down to vieri that headed in but was saved and his second chance was in. then the rest of the game we seem to have hard time finding each other the passes were pretty bad the movements of the players were slow and understanding between Gila and Vieri was not that good.
Like the rest said Vieri was falling back while Gila was waiting for his chances, they had better game in last 20 min controlled the ball pretty well moved faster on counter attack where we lucked a lot of speed.
But the second half started the same way but with changes to Vieri for Seedorf, Rui costa for Pirlo, Madlini for Kala, Nesta for Costacurta, Cafu for Simic. It still looked pretty slow build up but never really threatened their Def but they were really hammering us big time from all over they hit the bar and gave us a lot of scare I disagree about that stam was slow stam really had to take a lot for Mozert who came in for Simic( he played only 10 min) and did good job knowing costcurat was abit slow and kala seemed lost at times not very good understanding with Costcurata, but I must give high praise to Fiori who did pretty well and saved a lot of good chance by Chicago.
Other then that Milan started to play there game in the last 15 min seedorf did pretty well and Serghino did well on the win in the second half Gila was all alone but great build up by Pilro and Seedrof to give him the easiest of goals.
And then on counter attack a lovely long ball by Seedorf that got Serghino running down and rocket from him hitting the bar and got in then later decided it was goal.
Overall Milan still has a lot to do and a lot of working on the tactics and players and the fitness level u can see Nesta is not there yet Cafu was in and out he was great first 25 min then I guess maybe the injury affected him later on.
But 3-1 looked like we outplayed them but we were lucky but I am not disappointed there is a lot of weeks left till we play our up coming games and get the players back to fitness level and game time.
Arildonardo
28-07-2005, 04:43
Does anyone have goal videos from this game? Would be nice to see Gilardino's first for Milan. And I also heard Serginho's goal was a good one.
Pretty good game, although we could of easily lost of Chicago Fire had taken their chances.
Still, I'm glad Gila scored on his debut :D
Warro Bantan
28-07-2005, 11:12
This game saw Carlo using a 3-5-2 formation to start. Serghino and Cafu were on the wings, with Stam, Maldini and Nesta in the back 3.
We didnt look too comfortable with this formation, and if the Fire were any better, we would have been down 3 or 4 goals in the first half alone. Our goal came from a wonderful cross from Maldini, and though Vieri should have scored from the header, he was alert and quick enough to pounce on the rebound and put it in.
In what must be the worst case of tv coverage that I have ever whitnessed in my entire life (even Jamaica´s local stations provide better coverage), while GolTV was showing the replay of the Milan goal (for the 6th time) the Fire scored, after a good individual effort from some Fire player whose name I cant recall.
Stam, Vogel and Ambro were very late in covering the fellow, who scored a good goal from the edge of the D.
Rui Costa was having a good game, but wasnt getting enough support from his teammates, with Vieri looking a shambles, Serghino playing like crap, and Gila mistiming his runs. (He was offsides more often than Pipo, it seemed, if you can believe that!) Costa had a good shot after some nice dribbling, but the Fire keeper managed to push it wide.
Vogel didnt play badly, until the close of the 1st half, were his mental fatigue was evidenced in his poor passing.
As the 1st half wore on, huge gaps were left in the back, and Stam´s positioning let the Fire beat the offside trap almost at will. We were quite tired, and looked exhausted both mentally and physically close to half time.
The 2nd half saw some changes to both formation and selection, with the Christmas tree (looked like that to me anyway)...a 4 man backline, Seedorf, Gattuso, the young defender Mazersomething and Pirlo coming on, Maldini, Vogel, Maldini and Nesta coming off. (there were other changes, but I cant remember them exactly, or who came on for whom).
We looked a little better, Gattuso was having a great game, his close dribbling skills (did I just type that?) giving the Fire middle some headaches, and created avenues for attack, which due to errant passing, (not surprisingly much from Rino) came to nothing.
The Fire squandered many chances, including two shots on goal, from a one-on-one with the keeper, that Fiori did well to save.
At this point we were looking sure to cave in, until....Super Rino...came to the rescue..he won a ball in the middle, and good work from Pirlo then Seedorf presented Gila with a golden opportunity, which the Italian international didnt waste. The goalie beaten by Seedorf´s wonderful heeled cross, was tapped in easily, by a jubilant Gila.
As the 2nd half wore on, the game was really opening up, and our better class was starting to show, with us winning and keeping more posession..then, Seedorf, spotted Serghino (who had a p!ss poor game up to that point) breaking away and passed a truly sublime ball, disecting the Fire defense, and the Brazilian, blazing into the box from the left, blasted an unstoppable shot past the Fire keeper for our 3rd goal.
All in all, we were spared a slaughtering by extremely poor finishing from the Fire, or great goal keeping by Fiori or a combination of both.
We were waay too unfit for a challenge like this, and much work needs to be done on our 3-5-2 system in order for us to use this formation effectively.
Best players: Rui Costa, Gattuso (sheesh had to put him here...)Seedorf, and Pirlo.
Worst players: Serghino, Vieri
hitmannq8
28-07-2005, 15:30
Vieri :S Hope he finds his form!
"you could smell it coming from a mile away like a big bad fish"
Yes, that is the american commentator's own words after the Gilardino goal. If you can mute the commentary, it wouls save you a barf bag. ATROCIOUS commentary but here is the link to the highlights of the game.
www.tinyurl.com/7sym8
Fiori is not a bad keeper at all.
Nadir,
Jakob is Jaap's real (legal) name... but he has always been known as Jaap.
It's like when these commentators who don't know much about the players call the brazilians by the name in their passport... weird... like saying Marcos Evangelista and Ricardo Izecson... we know they are Cafu' and Kaka'... they don't.
that's hilarious though. I never knew Jaap was Jakob. What's your source for this? I know about cafu and kaka but stam?
He's listed with that name or Jakob Japp Stam in many websites... even old info. from his days with Man Utd.
ForzaMilan'88
28-07-2005, 23:20
I can't help but agree about the commentator. Not only was he using passport names, you could see that he didn't know names of some players alltogether. I noticed everytime the ball went to Kaladze, he went silent. And the best was when Gilardino scored. He kept saying wonderful Seedorf pass!! The caption even shown Seedorf as the gol scorer. Not until the celebrations had ended, like 3 minutes later, did he finally say "Gilardino" (gi-lar-di-no) as the scorer. Hmmph... wonder whats in store for the Chelsea game. More laughs?
when vieri scored, he yells "MALDINI - WHAT A PASS"
Sheva7_Evo
29-07-2005, 01:03
the guy was in love with maldini! "look at him wit those eyes"
the coverage was appaling. besides missing the fire goal, they just kep showing nesta, maldini and the goalkeepers! surely the new multi million dollar signing wearing his new club colours for the first time should get air time!
well anyway, only pre-season, dont really care bout outcomes, just hope can play well.
Sheva's not goin to US. would've been good to see him gainst Chelsea with Gila
wonder if Kaka or Dida will be there??
anyway, sorry if its been asked but whats with the no name on the back shirts?
Warro Bantan
29-07-2005, 10:33
anyway, sorry if its been asked but whats with the no name on the back shirts?
Usual for some teams in the preseason I think... :lazy:
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.