PDA

View Full Version : Ascoli - AC Milan (pre-game comments)


Goirre
19-08-2005, 01:35
First match of the season! against a team that was 6th in Serie B last season....not that we can underestimate them though....if there are any teams that usually trouble us, these are the 'small' ones....besides it is important to have a strong start. This seems the type of game where a 3-men defense would come in handy.

comments? lineups?

let the season begin!.....

:star: :firedev:!!!FORZA MILAN!!!:firedev: :star:

jani
19-08-2005, 01:51
Rui Costa has to start. Thats the most important thing.

And we really, really shouldnt think 3 points are in the bag, remember last year againts Livorno? :(

ariel
19-08-2005, 07:58
I`m really eager to see how our line up will look like against Ascoli.I think Carlo could try and experiment a little in any way.I`d like to see 3 man defence and how it`d work.On another hand,i really hope that we won`t underestimate them,because as mentioned above we all know what happens then.And to tell the truth it has happened several times last year(the underestimating thing).However, i just can`t wait for Serie A to start,i`ve missed it and i need my weekly dose of good,proper football ;)

P.S.
Sorry,bit off topic:
Carlos,could we have a sticky thread with a list of all serie a teams and all the players who play in them?
I`m bit ashamed to say but i have no idea who plays for Ascoli apart from Colacone,Bucchi and Monticciolo(if they haven`t been sold).I think i`m not the only one who doesn`t know much about them and that`s why i think such a thread would come in handy.What do you and the rest think?

Nadir
19-08-2005, 08:26
IMO, the games against the small teams are even more important than the games against the giants. Remember how we lost last season and the one before our 17th scudetto? It was all due to losses and underestimation of the smaller sides. Milan seem to be able to find the mental mindset to beat Juve, Inter, Roma, Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. But collapse under the weight of mighty Livorno lol.

So, let's start off with 3 points and bag wins against all the minnows. In that way, losing the few games against the giants (if we do) won't affect us as much.

Rayno_acm
19-08-2005, 09:10
In which colors do Ascoli play?
Cuz you know, we are going to play away from home, and I want to know in which color we will play... :rollani: ;)

jani
19-08-2005, 09:21
I think red.. but Im not sure

I think we will wear all white.

Il capitano
19-08-2005, 09:33
Yeah. we always seem too struggle against the smaller side. I think carlo should start with the usual 4-3-1-2 and in the second half test the new one with the three defenders.

P.S Rui should at least play 45 min against ascoli.

martin
22-08-2005, 08:44
in the 3 man defence where does cafu play?

jani
22-08-2005, 09:39
in midfield :D

Lombardia
22-08-2005, 09:44
I
P.S.
Sorry,bit off topic:
Carlos,could we have a sticky thread with a list of all serie a teams and all the players who play in them?
I`m bit ashamed to say but i have no idea who plays for Ascoli apart from Colacone,Bucchi and Monticciolo(if they haven`t been sold).I think i`m not the only one who doesn`t know much about them and that`s why i think such a thread would come in handy.What do you and the rest think?


http://www.lega-calcio.it/ita/atim_giocatori.shtml

there you go d, all teams and their players:d. i think ascoli play in white, but i'm not sure

Lombardia
22-08-2005, 09:54
this is hopefully the team we'll play on sun/sat

-----------------------------dida----------------------------

---------stam--------------nesta---------------maldini


cafu--------gattuso----------------pirlo------------------------jankulovski

-----------------------kaka--------------------------

------------gila---------------------sheva


subs:
rui costa
kalac
ambrosini
seedorf
kaladze
vogel
simic


(vieri i suspended)

Kui
22-08-2005, 10:04
Well I hope we win this game but being away and our first game, I called a draw on the "prediction league" thread.

Warro Bantan
22-08-2005, 10:41
I must say that after we conceded 2 goals to Sampdoria, I do not have as much confidence as I did post the Juve game.

While Samp isnt a baby or minnow, I think we shouldnt have allowed them back into the game, and to equalise...this to me underscores my feeling that we should have done more to reinforce the backline than we have this summer.

Kakaīs return to scoring form is wonderful news, and this will undoubtedly give Carlo some sleepless nights as he debates how to integrate an on form Rui Costa in the middle.

I think starting with a three man defense vs Ascoli would be a mistake, and I would much rather us adopting that formation after a scoreless first half.

I may be incorrect, as I havent seen the highlights, or read any report on the Samp game except for channel4.com and the narrative on acmilan.com...but it appears to me that we may have conceded the 2 goals after changing to the three man defense.

The three man back line for me is something we should draw out of the hat when faced with a goal deficit, or a stubborn defending team...so I do understand Carloīs experimentation with it vs Samp, but hope that he is not so cavalier when the real deal starts.

What am I saying Carlo being cavalier? Thats like saying Inter will win the Championīs league! :D

Ok, so, I believe we will win this game, with a goal from Sheva and Rui Costa, with Kaka being denied only by the woodwork.

Ascoli 0, Milan 2

m1ke
22-08-2005, 17:10
3-1 to Milan. Shevchenko will get 2, Vieri 1. You heard it here first!

We should start with the 3 man defence, and move to 4 if we take the lead. Makes sense to me.

Xudong
22-08-2005, 19:05
3-1 to Milan. Shevchenko will get 2, Vieri 1. You heard it here first!

We should start with the 3 man defence, and move to 4 if we take the lead. Makes sense to me.


Vieri can't even play and he will score? :zany:


:D

Xudong
22-08-2005, 19:10
I must say that after we conceded 2 goals to Sampdoria, I do not have as much confidence as I did post the Juve game.

While Samp isnt a baby or minnow, I think we shouldnt have allowed them back into the game, and to equalise...this to me underscores my feeling that we should have done more to reinforce the backline than we have this summer.


Against Samp, Kaladze-Costacurta-Simic played throughout the game. Stam started (I suppose it was a 4-man backline?), but I haven't seen him later. Don't know what happened, must have been substituted while I wasn't watching? :D

The first goal was a deflection off Vieri (?), and the second one was probably because of failure of Simic to contain Borriello. Considering of that, I wouldn't complain too much. :bri:

We will definitely trash Ascoli and start our another unbeaten season. :p283: :clap::p283: :clap::p283: :clap::p283: :clap::p283: :clap:

jani
22-08-2005, 22:03
if Borriello does well for Samp, we can bring him back to replace Pippo next season and we will have all the talent upfront!


btw, Kalac, why hasnt this guy been presented yet? I thought he was busy trying to force his way into the team.. But looks like the team doesnt even care about him.. :D

Franco6
23-08-2005, 06:42
Maldini has some fitness problems and I don't think he will be starting.
For me its:
Dida,
Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Kaladze
Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui/Ambro
Kaka
Gila gol, Sheva.

FINALLY HERE WE GO AGAIN

jani
23-08-2005, 07:57
if Maldini doesnt play, Im sure Ambro will play..

Somehow Carlo doesnt want either Gattuso or Sheva to captain a game..

ilgenio
23-08-2005, 08:21
A brief flashback in time :bri:

On 1 Sep 1991, 1st matchday of the 1991-92 Serie A season, and the first Serie A game in the post-Sacchi era, a new Capello led Milan team travelled to new promoted Ascoli :nervous: and came away with a narrow 1-0 win, courtesy of an own goal by Benetti :relieved:

Capello's first win came in very un-Sacchiesque fashion :p146: and a week later, on matchday 2, we barely scraped through Cagliari 1-0 at San Siro, this time from an early penalty by van Basten :stress:

Little did I know then, that the Milan team I've just witnessed :undecide: would go on to set an unprecedented Serie A record of finishing the entire season UNBEATEN :eekani: :proud: with the final classification of:

P-34 W-22 D-12 L-0 F-74 A-21 Pts-56 (It was still a 2 points per win season then)

Will lightning strike twice? :hopefull:

martin
23-08-2005, 09:49
i think we shud play serginho n rui at sum point during the game cuz they r on fireeee. also we shud use a 4 man back line.

jani
23-08-2005, 10:39
we should start with a four man backline and only revert to a 3 man backline if we are not able to penetrate their defence.

GilAttack [11]
23-08-2005, 12:40
We are one month away from playing this game, right?

Xudong
23-08-2005, 13:08
']We are one month away from playing this game, right?


wake up, dude. :5drunk:

it is less than one week. :coffee:

GilAttack [11]
23-08-2005, 13:13
wake up, dude. :5drunk:

it is less than one week. :coffee:

I posted that because I read here (See: Schedule) that the first game is on month 9, not 8.

You can check it yourself!!! ;)

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18786

:dontkn:

Xudong
23-08-2005, 15:16
']I posted that because I read here (See: Schedule) that the first game is on month 9, not 8.

You can check it yourself!!! ;)

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18786

:dontkn:


Checked,

you are right. :coffee: Let's blame Carlos.. :coffee:

BFC82
24-08-2005, 00:16
Good luck this season, expect some tough competition though. :)

Xudong
24-08-2005, 00:43
Good luck this season, expect some tough competition though. :)

well, isn't that the case for every season? :)


or... are you hinting.. *cough* *cough* Inter? :coffee: :coffee:


Cheers, :cheers:

mrki
26-08-2005, 07:07
I think this will be our formation Dida-cafu-nesta-stam-jankulovsky-gattuso-pirlo-seedorf-kaka-sheva-gila

aldough seedorf plays really bad recently, carlo will not bench him. And if we play gattuso-ambro in the middle , our creativity is down to 0%! I would like to see serginho, but this will be the lineup, with cafu and marek down the flanks. Score 1-3. Sheva,gila,kaka

Rayno_acm
26-08-2005, 08:13
']I think red.. but Im not sure

I think we will wear all white.

...i think ascoli play in white, but i'm not sure

Actually, you're both wrong :eek: :rollani:
Ascoli plays in Juve colors, I mean black and white jerseys, black shorts and soxs...
So I suppose we will play in red and black jerseys, white shorts and soxs (that's my favorite combination :D :D :D)
FORZA ROSSONERIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :3band: :3band: :3band:

Dil dil
27-08-2005, 00:05
I think this game will be difficult for Milan since they are new team and
Milan have no idea about their weak and power side but Milan will
win 1-0 (Sheva or Gila)

mk18
27-08-2005, 07:04
if we end up scoring 1 goal i hope its sheva more than it is gilardino... sheva hasnt had the same training the others had this pre season and a goal early on would boost him up... too bad ill miss the game... i will be on my way to boston!!! :sad:

Xudong
27-08-2005, 11:07
Actually, you're both wrong :eek: :rollani:
Ascoli plays in Juve colors, I mean black and white jerseys, black shorts and soxs...
So I suppose we will play in red and black jerseys, white shorts and soxs (that's my favorite combination :D :D :D)
FORZA ROSSONERIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :3band: :3band: :3band:


Are you serious? :skull: Now we have four zebras???? :wth: Ascoli, Siena, Udinese and rotten "the doper" zebra? :tong:

That is so freaking awful.. :5130:

I hope you are wrong on this one, but I really don't have any recollection from 13 years ago when we played them. :w163:

Who are our jersey buddies? I remember Foggia, any others? :smileani:

Xudong
27-08-2005, 11:09
By the way, now it is official that Maldini is not playing. :(

Oldman
27-08-2005, 13:05
By the way, now it is official that Maldini is not playing. :(

And so will Vieri as he has 2 games suspension.
I don't remember for what reason the suspension is applied for him.
Can somebody help?
So, the only striker left are Sheva and Gila.
I can't wait how will they get along to play and produce goals.

I read that Marco Ferrante said to his team mates not to afraid to Milan.....what the f..k is this guy thinking.
Is he dreaming?????? :drunk: :drunk:

Hope that Milan crush ascoli with 4 goals and keep the sheet clean. :5schal:

Nadir
27-08-2005, 13:40
I read that Marco Ferrante said to his team mates not to afraid to Milan.....what the f..k is this guy thinking.
Is he dreaming?????? :drunk: :drunk:


what do you expect him to say? be afraid of milan? of course the only way to beat a club like milan or juve is to stay calm. the moment the players get nervous, they start making mistakes and milan have players that are experts in taking advantage of errors that teams like Barcelona make, let alone Ascoli.

i expect milan to win this one 2-0.

GilAttack [11]
27-08-2005, 13:58
Can someone tell me what time the game is on? ET (New York) Time!

Vady
27-08-2005, 14:21
from acmilan.com :
SQUAD TO FACE ASCOLI

MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti has called up the following 20 players for the trip to Ascoli:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac.
DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic, Stam.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Kakā, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel.
STRIKERS: Gilardino , Shevchenko.

:fero: :fero: FORZA MILAN :fero: :fero:

Milan3869
27-08-2005, 16:42
milan 2-0!!
sheva and kaka score!!
forza milan!! :5schal:

Hasan Rossonero
27-08-2005, 16:44
']Can someone tell me what time the game is on? ET (New York) Time!

yep 9 am ET on RAI international for you in the US.

kenny_shev
27-08-2005, 17:25
from acmilan.com :
SQUAD TO FACE ASCOLI

MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti has called up the following 20 players for the trip to Ascoli:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac.
DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic, Stam.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Kakā, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel.
STRIKERS: Gilardino , Shevchenko.

FORZA MILAN

Only 2 strikers? Carlo must think that both Gila and Sheva are 90-min fit. What is happening with pippo? Anyone knows anything? How long more is he gonna still be out for? Carlo has mentioned that he will play Gila-Sheva upfront. Did he mention if he is gonna play with a 3-men defense? I just realized there is no Maldini too. Anybody knows anything on this as well?

ESPN will show the Lazio-Messina and a hosts of La Liga matches..No Milan..
:cpuke:

GilAttack [11]
27-08-2005, 17:39
I know Bobo is suspended, but its a joke that a team like Milan, the biggest in the world, wont have an striker among the subs.

Please, dont take the word "joke" seriously.

martin
27-08-2005, 17:45
i think we r good with two strikers, if one of them doesnt play good we can bring rui in :clap: :3band: :3band: :3band:

Nadir
27-08-2005, 19:13
']Can someone tell me what time the game is on? ET (New York) Time!

9am est. in canada visit http://www.tlntv.com/soccer/soccer.htm

Nadir
27-08-2005, 19:18
']I know Bobo is suspended, but its a joke that a team like Milan, the biggest in the world, wont have an striker among the subs.

Please, dont take the word "joke" seriously.

it's the start of the season.
secondly, serginho, kaka or rui costa could play as strikers if needed. for that reason, expect serginho not to start.

Hasan Rossonero
27-08-2005, 20:24
9am est. in canada visit http://www.tlntv.com/soccer/soccer.htm

TLN blew it today big time..did not show fiorentina vs samp as expected.

I do not trust them. Had to see it on RAI instead. Also sometimes Italian commentary is better, for me at least, since I can speak and understand a little.

Cracking game btw!

Bosniaco
27-08-2005, 21:28
yep 9 am ET on RAI international for you in the US.
RAI International ? Which number is that chanel? You can watch Milan's game at 11 am ET on GOL TV at 9 am is Inter - Treviso LIVE :ban:

Milan3869
28-08-2005, 00:26
man im disapointed....goal tv is showing the inter v treviso game live instead of the milan v ascoli game....milan comes at 8am deffered, which is not the same as live!! booh!!...im scrwewed :funpc:

rae
28-08-2005, 02:29
At last! Guys, I wait for this second so impatientely whole summer and not it arrived. Serie A is on it's start. And Grande Milan is going to rip gobbi their trophy back. This is our trophy and nobody can pretend to it. We shall proove we are the best. And some new lads will help us to do that. Some of them will even start today's match in the line-up. First of all is it's our Gila! After so much of rumours and other stuff he will play in rossonero. We got what we wanted. We got what we need. Now it's his turn to show what he can. Yahoooooooo! I am so anxious. I can't wait no more...

Forza Milan

Kui
28-08-2005, 03:52
At last! Guys, I wait for this second so impatientely whole summer and not it arrived. Serie A is on it's start. And Grande Milan is going to rip gobbi their trophy back. This is our trophy and nobody can pretend to it. We shall proove we are the best. And some new lads will help us to do that. Some of them will even start today's match in the line-up. First of all is it's our Gila! After so much of rumours and other stuff he will play in rossonero. We got what we wanted. We got what we need. Now it's his turn to show what he can. Yahoooooooo! I am so anxious. I can't wait no more...

Forza Milan

AT LAST indeed! Our heroes set out on a new campaign not for redemtion, but for a reckoning. Long enough has it been that others do not see Milan up there with Real Madrid. Blind have some been to the superiority of Italian football. Lastly foolish will they be if they continue to believe this. This Milan following the tradition of past champions Van Basten, Baresi, Rivera, Altafini, Donadoni and others, have control of their destiny. I've never been so happy since. Of course I say this at every opening game since loving this team back nearly 20 yrs. FORZA MILAN! Call to our champions and invoke the legends of past. FORZA MILAN! We move forward in rightousness! FORZA MILAN! Ho'o Hui Pu Ka Kou! Together we can! FORZA MILAN! CHAMPIONS!

killiegradge
28-08-2005, 04:19
Any links to where we can watch the game on the net?

walmania
28-08-2005, 04:58
Any links to where we can watch the game on the net?

Hey Killie,

There isn't anywhere here in the UK that you can watch it on TV Live and I am pretty certain there won't be on the net either. Do as I do and listen to it on the radio. If you can't get Italian radio up in Scotland go to http://www.radio.rai.it/radio1/ and on the top right hand corner of the page click on 'ascolta Radio 1'. All you need is Realplayer and it is around 15 seconds behind. The program starts at 13:45 (UK time) and its called 'Tutti El Calcio Minuto Per Minuto'. It's kind of like 5 Live's coverage of the Premier League. Just make sure you log on early as the site gets pretty overloaded when the football starts.
If I hear of any web links I will let you know but so far the only channels showing the game Live are:
Sport 1 Hungary
Sky Calcio 3
Canal+ Sweden
C+Denmark
C+Finland
C+Ned. Blauw
C+Norway
C+Sport (France)
S.Sport 2 Hellas
الجزيرة الرياضية + 1 (Al Jazeera Sport 1)

Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
www.milanclub.co.uk

Hitman
28-08-2005, 05:02
According to most Italian newspapers Milan will start as follows: Dida - Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Kaladze - Ambrosini, Pirlo, Serginho - Kaka - Shevchenko, Gilardino.

walmania
28-08-2005, 05:09
This goes out to every Milan Supporter in the Forum.
For the sake of us the unfortunate ones who are UNABLE to get Milan games Live on TV, would it be possible for any of the members who are ABLE to maybe broadcast the matches to us through the net? I did it a few years back by buying a good webcam (I don't mind contributing to this) and poiting it to my TV and then broadcasting the match to my friends through either MSN, Yahoo etc. Just a thought and if someone has any comments or any other ideas, please share them with us.

Thank you.


Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
www.milanclub.co.uk

jani
28-08-2005, 06:07
Yeah, this is the most likely line up

ASCOLI: Zotti; Carbone, Cudini, Lauro, Tosto; Foggia, Cristiano, Parola, Fini; Quagliarella, Ferrante

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Kaladze; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Serginho; Kakā; Shevchenko, Gilardino.

Chris
28-08-2005, 06:51
I'd love to see Milan line up like that.
Would also mean that we can change to the 3-4-3 (if necessary), without doing any substitutions :)

Mr.H
28-08-2005, 07:04
MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Kaladze; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Serginho; Kakā; Shevchenko, Gilardino.

It's great start & Carlo can change to 3-5-2 quickly if come something bad

but why Ambro begin not Gattso?:confused:

hitmannq8
28-08-2005, 07:31
because ambro is on better form atm..

yes, yesterday TLN screwed up bigtime and did not broadcast the fiorentina game for some reason.. i just woke up after 3 hours of sleep just to see the Milan game on TLN, i hope it will be on otherwise i'll get pissed..

someone here mentioned that the Serie A games are on RAI? Is this true? If so, which RAI of them?

and yes, the lineup mentioned earlier is the official one..

walmania
28-08-2005, 07:36
This line up has just been confirmed on the radio live from the stadium:
MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Kaladze; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Serginho, Kakā; Shevchenko, Gilardino.

Subs: Kalac Z. Costacurta A. Simic D. Gattuso G. Seedorf C. Jankulovski M.
Rui Costa M.


ASCOLI: Zotti C.Carbone F.Cudini M.Lauro M.Tosto V.Foggia P.Cristiano D.Parola F.Fini M.Quagliarella F.Ferrante M.

Subs: Coppola F.Corallo R.Antonazzo A.Belingheri L.Cordova N.Giampaolo Colombo C.

Good luck to our boys!

Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
www.milanclub.co.uk
__________________

ilgenio
28-08-2005, 07:58
Any livestreams for this match on the net? :hopefull:

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:08
Live italian serie A
http://www.spectrumradio.net/programmes/34

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:09
reggina roma 0-1, ops annullato

Nadir
28-08-2005, 08:10
TLN showing fiorentina vs samp from yesterday. is RAI showing it in ontario?

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:12
Ascoli Milan, pitch very bad, it was raining all morning

ilgenio
28-08-2005, 08:13
The state of the pitch is appalling :dazed: It's like playing on a wet skating ring :wallbang:

Nadir
28-08-2005, 08:24
hey what is RAI showing in ontario?

hitmannq8
28-08-2005, 08:30
kaladze got a yellow card

DeMeTrIo
28-08-2005, 08:30
Damn, not a single Serie A match here in singapore,
they showing EPL, and horse racing. damn

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:31
Milan is having problem to play football due to the poor pitch, corner for Milan
......outside Kaladze .....

Nadir
28-08-2005, 08:32
is anyone watching this game on RAI?

Nadir
28-08-2005, 08:33
tln say that they will show ascoli/milan at 2:30pm

adriano scores a wonder goal against treviso.

DeMeTrIo
28-08-2005, 08:43
44th mins now. still 0-0
will it be like last season? we going to lose/draw with the smaller team

Arildonardo
28-08-2005, 08:45
Goals in all matches accept ours now...

Eurosport Live is bad this season, they only write about the goals! Does anyone know about a good online-livescore site where they refer what happens during the game?

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:48
we going to lose/draw with the smaller team
Keep it for you mate ...........

ilgenio
28-08-2005, 08:49
Our play is crippled by the appalling state of the pitch. Had we played on a normal pitch we would easily be at least 2 goals up :fero:

Grande-Milan-DK
28-08-2005, 08:51
It is totally nutz to play such a game. All Milan weapons are disarmed with such a pitch. The pace of Kaka, Serginho and sheva is not possible bc of the pitch.

We have somehow to score on a freekick or corner

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 08:53
EurosportUK did not renew the deal to show the games, now Italian football can be watched on Bravo http://www.bravo.co.uk/footballitalia/index.php

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 08:55
Terrible, terrible pitch. Gila and Nesta are our best players so far IMO.

rae
28-08-2005, 08:59
Hey, guys, how is going? How do we play? Why we havent scored already? I am watching Lazio - Messina at the moment cuz there arent no other matches show...

Forza Milan

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:02
Sheva.......close!!!

Free kick from left to right saved by Ascoli GK.

:3band:

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:04
Rae, its difficult to say how we are playing since the pitch was terrible during the first half.
Already playing second half, field looks better....

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:08
Golden chance for Milan.....free kick!!!

rae
28-08-2005, 09:08
But what about our playing quality. Do our men look sharp enough to score some goals today?

Forza Milan

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:11
But what about our playing quality. Do our men look sharp enough to score some goals today?

Forza Milan

There was no playing quality since the field was like an ocean. Theres no way to measure....

Now we have a real pitch, we should be able to score....

adi_acm
28-08-2005, 09:14
**** 1-0 for ascoli

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:14
:moan: Ascoli have scored.

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:15
Yep goal. Ascoli

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:15
Goal.....Ascoli.

Dida with somewhat a poor reaction....and its raining again.

Not good news.

:yuck:

Slack
28-08-2005, 09:15
1-0 for Ascoli :|

AlexPT
28-08-2005, 09:16
OMG :5hoest:

rae
28-08-2005, 09:16
It's a disaster.... how the hell we could concede? :wth:

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:17
Dida did well to save the first an unmarked header. Someone should have cleared away that rebound. :wallbang:

Still a long way to go though. Come on MILAN!!!!

AlexPT
28-08-2005, 09:19
It's a disaster.... how the hell we could concede? :wth:

Because our defence is crap, but we have the best defenders in the world...

Confusing..

ginoformaggino
28-08-2005, 09:19
Shevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:19
Shevaaaa!!!!

Goallllllllllll!!!

Slack
28-08-2005, 09:20
Shevchenko!

1-1

Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2005, 09:20
goal...sheva

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:20
Thank GoD! Sheva!

adi_acm
28-08-2005, 09:20
I was gonna write some bad things about milan but sheva scored....

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:21
Must win....

Forza Milan.

:dcool:

zlatanov
28-08-2005, 09:21
Thank you, my East European Principe :)

DeMeTrIo
28-08-2005, 09:21
Come on! score some more goal! make it 3-1!!

mrki
28-08-2005, 09:21
C'mon Milan!!! Carlo, we neead a win!! Make it 3-5-2 so we can attack more!!

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:21
Apparently it was an amazing goal as well!

zlatanov
28-08-2005, 09:22
Sheva just missed a sitter from a couple of meters from goal :(

AlexPT
28-08-2005, 09:22
Oh Sheva :love: :love:

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:24
Sheva just missed a sitter from a couple of meters from goal :(

:v46: :v46: :v46:

mrki
28-08-2005, 09:25
Im going crazy, some stupid TV station is broadcasting inter-treviso... And the others are showinh EPL !!! Come on Gila!!!

Abyss
28-08-2005, 09:33
How can I watch this game? In Turkey, TV8 is broadcasting Italian games, but they don't have the game for Milan. I have Rai Uno, but it's not there also...

HOVO
28-08-2005, 09:35
why ancelotti is not making subs?

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:38
Seedorf is on for Pirlo.

Time is slowly ticking away come on Milan.

rae
28-08-2005, 09:39
Carletto should let Rui in...

Adriano scored thrid goal :mad:

Acmir^
28-08-2005, 09:39
Come on what's going on. Put Rui in what is wrong with him god damn it.

GilAttack [11]
28-08-2005, 09:40
Carletto should let Rui in...

Adriano scored thrid goal :mad:

Yup, 3 for Adriano already. He is a ******* monster.

Come on, guys!! Beat Ascoli!

:u125:

Arildonardo
28-08-2005, 09:40
I want to see Rui Costa and Jankulovski!

mrki
28-08-2005, 09:40
Carlo is being stupid again!!!

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:43
Well from the look of it and the condition of the pitch, I'll call it a draw. A bit of bad luck with the weather. Well a couple minutes left. I'll not lose sleep over this.

Meanwhile Adriano got his hat trick.
Hard Luck for Gila today. Well there are many games left so the worry is a bit premature.

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:43
Jankulovski is in for Kaladze.

Come on!

rae
28-08-2005, 09:44
Please ........ let Rui in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Forza Milan

zlatanov
28-08-2005, 09:45
We ca do it .... come on Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!
Fvck Inter, we will be laughing in the end :)

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:46
Kaka' has a good shot saved.

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 09:46
Carlo is being stupid again!!!
I am not going to say Carlo is stupid but he does not know how to deal in situations.
Due to pitch, what's the point to keep Kaka on, he did not touch a ball.
Only at 41th, he puts on Jankulovski , does it make any sense?

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:47
4 added minutes.

mrki
28-08-2005, 09:47
Jankulovski is in for Kaladze.

Come on!


What minute is it?? 94th?? Bravo Carlo!! :rollani:

rae
28-08-2005, 09:48
Come on ragazzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forza Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiilan

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:48
Well with the weather being so bad all over, Inter got lucky with the covers over San Siro. With so many games postponed in Serie B, I dont know why they didnt make an exception for this game for us.

Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2005, 09:51
Well with the weather being so bad all over, Inter got lucky with the covers over San Siro. With so many games postponed in Serie B, I dont know why they didnt make an exception for this game for us.

no excuse really, ascoli were playing in the same conditions. As a professional team we should know how to cope.

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:52
Fulltime :cry:

Jim_UK
28-08-2005, 09:52
have we been playing 3-4-1-2 or 4-3-1-2 ?

this has really inspired me to finish the milanclub site :rolleyes:

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 09:53
With so many games postponed in Serie B,
That's a different story, the home teams did not have the permission to play on saturday. it is a long story, some italians Mayor are refusing to give permission to play on saturdays.

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:53
no excuse really, ascoli were playing in the same conditions. As a professional team we should know how to cope.

Ideed no excuse. Well i did call it a draw in the prediction league. We tend to do this with the small teams. Luckily we didnt lose.

rae
28-08-2005, 09:53
the more technical players can not show their abilities in such a pitch.... it is disguisting...


anyway........


FORZA MIIILAN PER SEMPRE

Arildonardo
28-08-2005, 09:55
no excuse really, ascoli were playing in the same conditions. As a professional team we should know how to cope.

Our team doesn't seem to know how to cope. We suck when we're having the least bit of hard time. Like bad weather against a small team, or in a Champions League final where we had already won it and gave it all away.

A really disappointing start to the season, 1-1 against Ascoli. It sucks. But it can only get better, can't it? :hangover:

shevagol_7
28-08-2005, 09:56
We can have no excuse for losing this match. We didn't play that well and missed our chances. Thankfully it's a long season and I hope Milan can learn from these idiot mistakes.

Carlo? Why leave Rui on the bench all game? And bring in Janku for what 10 mins? These are 2 of our most in form players! They could have sparked the attack or something.

Kui
28-08-2005, 09:57
no excuse really, ascoli were playing in the same conditions. As a professional team we should know how to cope.

Well I hope you watched the game so you can be honest if you choose to make a commentary on your website. Cheers!

Hasan Rossonero
28-08-2005, 09:58
Well I hope you watched the game so you can be honest if you choose to make a commentary on your website. Cheers!
I watched 50 mins of it...until the transmission got cut:D...

and i will be making commentary be sure to read ;)

asmileneverlies
28-08-2005, 10:00
For me is Ancelotti missing a winning mentality, he needs the ability to make changes.
We started with the same foot of last year.
Yes, can only get better :(

triniman
28-08-2005, 10:11
For me is Ancelotti missing a winning mentality, he needs the ability to make changes.
We started with the same foot of last year.
Yes, can only get better :(

strong words for a man who has probably lost a total of 20 games during his 4 year spell here....or for a man who has helped guided this team to a CL, Seria A , Coppa italia , Euro Super Cup and italain super cup....

as per usual...i think alot of you are over-reacting....to be honest...if we had vieri in this game..he would have scored.....simply becuase technically gifted players don;t shine in such conditions....presence and power does. The reason for leaving rui off.....kaka is a more direct attacking midfielder than rui..... plus kaka's quickness could have drawn fouls in and around the box.

To many of you here are still stuck in Istanbul if you ask me.....time to get over it and see a game for what it is..instead of try to throw blame

Billy_Montreal
28-08-2005, 10:17
I don't know how many of you actually watched the game but the field was on the verge of being considered 'flooded'...nevermind that the ball took odd bounces or no bounce at all and that footing was a problem all game even a simple jog resulted in gushing water below player's feet. Milan asked the official to determine whether the game should go on at a certain point...he decided it could even though it started to rain even harder at that point.
It is hard to truly access a team's performance on a day like this when tactic, strategy and skill take a backseat to sheer luck of the bounce and unintentional slips.
I'm not surprised by these reactions from members because this 'sky is falling' mentality usually follows games like this when patience and understanding should be at the forefront of the Milanista's mind.

walmania
28-08-2005, 10:18
Hi everyone,

Unfortunatly its the familiar story Milan seam to be forever stuck in. Begining of the season, small team and yet we still manage to lose points that as we saw saw last season can be crucial to winning the scudetto!

I am very angry because as usual we will be fobbed off with the same excuses, its only the begining of the season, the pitch was bad, we were unlucky, blah blah blah! My answer is, didnt we have a pre-season? Did we not prepare for such games? Have the management and the players not learnt from previous experiences? Why do we keep making the same mistakes season after season? It is so annoying and to be honest absolutly rediculas that a team like Milan has to struggle in so many games against lesser oppenents. Milan, Berlusconi, Ancellotti, the team, sort it out now!!! We wont have another season like last year were we lose it rather than our opponents winning it!

Walid Belkhear
President Milan Club UK
www.milanclub.co.uk

Jim_UK
28-08-2005, 10:18
how long before someone says Ancelotti should be sacked ? I'd give you good odds Curtis but i don't think i'd get much money out of it :D

Kui
28-08-2005, 10:21
New Thread perhaps a post game commentary???

Billy_Montreal
28-08-2005, 10:22
TLN showing fiorentina vs samp from yesterday. is RAI showing it in ontario?

Warned you about TLN coverage this season...they are only showing Milan at 2:30 this afternoon ...
There was a reason RAI International faced heavy resistance from TLN before they came to Canada .... TLN knew its 'glory days' of being the only station airing SERIE A matches were over.
RAI Int. (its one channel in all of the world outside Italy: same coverage)televised Ascoli-Milan in addition they had live feed from other games and on split screen would show the goals as they were scored in other matches. When the Ascoli feed was lost they switched to Inter-Treviso and kept everyone up to date on Milan.
TLN also has the horrible habit of not letting the viewers know of the other scores because they want people to watch the tape delay.