PDA

View Full Version : Better for us to stick with 4-4-2


zulfi
22-08-2005, 12:09
I know that u guys like the three men defence, but that dont mean that we wil attack more, or we will have a more attacking formation.

In 4-4-2 we have only two players that stay 'all the time' in defence and are marking two opposite attackers (sometimes only one).
With 3-5-2 there will be 3 players marking two (or one) I think that Nesta-Maldini or Stam are capable to handle any attacker.

What do you guys think?

m1ke
22-08-2005, 17:14
Well yes, this could be a problem. But with the players we've got, playing with wingbacks gives us tremendous attacking potential.

Couple them with Kaka, Pirlo and our great range of strikers, it could definitely work. Only time will tell :)

Il capitano
23-08-2005, 10:41
I also think that we should stick with the old 4-3-1-2 formation but the smaller teams would be a problem with their 9 to 10 defenders.Sometimes it is hard to break through. With three at the back and five midfielders we would have more options and more atacks on the wings with Jankulovski/serginho and Cafu running up and down at the sides.

P.S Galliani & co need to get a sub for Cafu.

zulfi
24-08-2005, 10:01
yes I agree that we need a replacement for Cafu, and we just missed on Cicinho - he went to Real