PDA

View Full Version : Norway: Kristofer Haestad and Marius Johnsen


Arildonardo
21-09-2005, 02:00
I wrote a thread in june after the match in Oslo between Norway and Italy about a young norwegian player called Kristofer Haestad (check link for my thread: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=309791&highlight=haestad#post309791).

Now it is confirmed that Milan's chief scout Cesare Maldini, along with former norwegian Milan-player Per Bredesen, was in Norway to look at him, Kristofer Haestad, and fellow Start-player Marius Johnsen. Kristofer Haestad is a central midfielder and Marius Johnsen, who is the brother of Rosenborg-keeper Espen Johnsen, is a powerful left-back.

Norwegian article:
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/sport/tippeliga/start/article459942.ece

Unfortunately their club, Start, played their worst match of the season and lost 1-0, so Cesare Maldini was not impressed this time. This is mainly what the article says, but it also says that Maldini knows that player can't play at their best i every match...

Start was promoted to the top division before the current season, and is 2nd in the standings with only 5 matches left. Haestad and Johnsen have also got into the national side, where especially Haestad has been impressive. Against Italy he was "man of the match".

devoted_dm
21-09-2005, 04:50
I really doubt that Milan will go for either of the two. According to the papers, Maldini didn't think either of them was good enough for the Serie A, and I am inclined to agree with him.

Chris
21-09-2005, 10:21
Same here...

I can't believe I was in the same stadium as Cesare Maldini though - without even knowing! :(

Arildonardo
26-09-2005, 15:28
Too bad the team played their worst match of the season when Cesare Maldini was present. But from what I know Per Bredesen and another representative from Milan was at Kristiansand Stadion yesterday for the match between #1 and #2 at the table, and Start won 3-0 against Valerenga and took back the first place in the standings. Valerenga, widely considered the best team in Norway these days, were totally hammered and humiliated by Start. Kristofer Haestad, Marius Johnsen, Fredrik Stromstad and Alex Valencia impressed the Milan-scout.

Fredrik Stromstad is a die-hard Milan and Italy-fan, who said this when he heard about the Milan scout's prescence: "I'm even happy to be allowed to be a member of Milan's supporter-club!". I think Stromstad will be in the national team squad to be announced tomorrow.

Ajax was also looking at some of the Start-players.

meazza
26-09-2005, 18:55
I've heard good things about the crop of young norwegians coming through the ranks.

but then a few seasons ago it looked as if sweden would be future world beaters with the number of touted stars coming up for them and only Ibrahamovic has made it.

Iggy
05-10-2005, 02:15
their two good players worth keeping an eye on, both would fit our playing style aswell, so if they keep on improving it might be interesting in the future