PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan vs England 1st test


K77SH C
16-11-2005, 13:50
Anyone watch the cricket match today? What a game :uhm: :coffee:

Dr Milano
16-11-2005, 15:45
Anyone watch the cricket match today? What a game :uhm: :coffee:
yeah i saw shoaib's wickets boy i was happy although im english im also pakistani so

i supported Pakistan

and England too slightly less

K77SH C
16-11-2005, 20:57
I have to admit I cant stand Shoab Akhtar, but he played well today. Where are Razaq and Afridi though?

http://media.putfile.com/Shoaib_Yorkes_Giles_By_Tigerstyle

Stezagud
17-11-2005, 05:41
I saw the earlier days but missed the last one, it was a quite a shock to see England collapse after all Trescothicks good work :(

I hope its not a sign of a return to the bad old days of Atherton and Hussain, when we used to go from 150-1 to 160 all out on a fairly regular basis :eek: :D

rae
17-11-2005, 07:46
I am for England :cool: Although I have never seen a cricket match :D

K77SH C
17-11-2005, 15:01
Nah England have got some really good players now, that Flintoff is amazing.

Dr Milano
17-11-2005, 17:12
I have to admit I cant stand Shoab Akhtar, but he played well today. Where are Razaq and Afridi though?

http://media.putfile.com/Shoaib_Yorkes_Giles_By_Tigerstyle
wow man nice clip so were u supporting Pakistan

Jim_UK
17-11-2005, 17:37
What a shambles ! So many English players giving away their wicket so cheaply !! Just when you think that they have learned not to go slogging all over the place and to keep themselves restrained ... off goes Pieterson and Flintoff and the like ... idiots.

All credit to Pakistan though, they fought and believed and won. Although i'm bitterly disappointed to see us throw away a victory like that.

Still, 2 more to go and anything can happen.

K77SH C
17-11-2005, 18:04
wow man nice clip so were u supporting Pakistan

of course.
Jim UK, trust me Iv seen Pakistan collapse so many times over the years :p1510:

Dr Milano
20-11-2005, 09:54
Afridi did the Damage today i cant believe they left him out of the first test he hit

67 runs in 62 Balls

Im Pathan Like him .......................... :p283: pakistan close the day on 300 - 4 although at one point it was 73 - 3 good job guys

Dr Milano
20-11-2005, 09:55
I Dont think mohammed yosouf was out

K77SH C
20-11-2005, 10:26
He wasnt out, there are calls for Bell to be banned

Dr Milano
20-11-2005, 10:29
He wasnt out, there are calls for Bell to be banned
really cool i cant believe it man Mohammed yousouf was sticking in their he could have made 100

K77SH C
20-11-2005, 11:33
It was out of order from Bell, but a ban may be harsh. Then again, cricket has pretty strict rules and doesnt take too lightly to ungentlemanly conduct.

I read an interview about Affridi wanting to become for Pakistan in test matches what Flintoff is for England. So it will be interesting to see how he bowls after already having performed with the bat with his wicket still in tact.

Dr Milano
20-11-2005, 13:23
i watched the game my dad is cricket mad but i was ok today when

pakistan play he invites his freinds over their all here all the time their was only 1 today !!!!!!!!

when Pakistan take a wicket ..... the get well happy shouting and all

Jim_UK
20-11-2005, 14:55
I wish one day England would find a spinner who can actually spin/turn the ball. I could spin the ball more than Giles !

I'm expecting Pakistan to get at least 475/500 and put us right under the cosh, unless we get lucky on a batsman's pitch and skittle Pakistan out cheaply, we'll be fighting for a draw already !

K77SH C
20-11-2005, 17:45
I dont think Pakistan will make that much. Afridi will probably not add much to his total unless he comes out and plays less agressivly. (Not likely). Inzimam needs to stay in and after that Akmal is the last real batsman. I reckon 400.

Dr Milano
21-11-2005, 13:07
I dont think Pakistan will make that much. Afridi will probably not add much to his total unless he comes out and plays less agressivly. (Not likely). Inzimam needs to stay in and after that Akmal is the last real batsman. I reckon 400.

England 113 - 3 Struggling slightly they have a mile stone to climb

Jim_UK
23-11-2005, 03:18
Day 4, 2nd test.

This test has everything, Inzamam given out when he shouldn't have been, a gas explosion, Shoaib acting like an idiot after getting Pieterson out, 2 centuries from Bell and Pieterson, but most of all AFRIDI !!!!!!!

If you get caught and found guilty of tampering with the pitch and trying to ilegally influence the outcome of the game, then surely your ban should start immediately ?? He should not be allowed to carry on in the same match, it's like being sent off in football only to stay on and contribute significantly. Already he's taken 4 wickets, who knows how many runs he'll score or wickets he'll take in the second innings. I think it's a disgrace and cricket as a sport has let itself down. Surely the best thing to do would have been to replace him with a non-batting/non-bowling sub ?

I still think this match will be a draw though. Goodness knows what will happen next.

K77SH C
23-11-2005, 12:29
yup what a test series.

Well this way, Affridi will miss a whole test match rather than half of one. (Not as if he did anything though in the second innings :crybaby: ) But the punishment is way too harsh. Its fair enough to miss one test match, but why two one day internationals?? That hurts Pakistan more than anything, because he deadily in one day maches.

Who knows though, it may even be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Abdur Razzaq is back from injury, but there are also quite a few young players banging on the door.

The fat umpire, forget his name is really winding me up. For some reason Im noticing him more than most of the players. Hes spotting things he shouldnt be (Butt running on the pitch) spotting and he not spotting things he should be (Inzimam being turned into a dart board :excited: ).

Anyway should be one hell of a last day.

Jim_UK
24-11-2005, 14:22
Wow, i got it right :D I should have put some money on it :5ok:

I think if England want to win they should be bold and play someone instead of Udal, i'm not sure he's good enough. I saw some of his bowling to Inzamam and he would have had more of a threat to his deliveries if he bowled underarm !

I would play Loudon ( i think that's his name ). Give him a chance to see what he can do.

totti_jonaid
27-11-2005, 09:58
3rd test report

1. Younis Khan to miss third test because his elder brother sharif khan died the other day in Ukraine. my condolesences are with him and his family.

2. Lahore's wicket will help the spinners. which mean the possibility of Mushtaq Ahmad coming back.
i hope Pakistan win but I would like to wish best of luck to both teams ahead of the match.